The Doom of Karak Azshur

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

The Doom of Karak Azshur

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Nov 2019, 09:47

Artorius wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 01:19
"Lady Sara, from Galmon's scouts findings and from the preparations already in place mayhaps we have spoke long enough this night?"
"Yes, in the morning, if all have spoken?" Sara looks around at each of you.

Galmon's face, too, has had its anger and determination slowly replaced by weariness throughout the evening and, with the recent drain of emotion his countenance turns even further to ashen,

"The Elves of the Greenwood should rest, as well; nearly three days hard ride from the Halls of our King has left us weary."
LoreMaster Note Are you all ready to retire to your various night-time rituals?
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Re: The Doom of Karak Azshur

Unread post by Lothíriel » 30 Nov 2019, 10:47

Lothíriel's eyes hold Artorius, "Yes, we are all friends now." She looks curiously at the gift from Radagast in the box when Artorius reveals it. She nods to her companions and to Lady Sara, "I would like to rest and so may stand strong against the Shadow."
Out-of-Character Any lore on the "eye"/gift?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Nov 2019, 11:02

LoreMaster Note I'm going to let the others explain it to you, to the best of their knowledge, Ross, hehe. Let's see what's been retained, eh? :P
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 7
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Eadnes » 30 Nov 2019, 12:29

Being mightily relieved the council ended well Éadnes looks round for a place to settle.

'Galmon, if there is time I would meet with you again tomorrow. I may join your scouts but it seems all our plans change with circumstance, so with your leave I would leave this flexible. Until then, sleep well.'
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 30 Nov 2019, 15:16

Moriel added her agreement with Frerin and Eadnes' defense of Artorius, and was thankful for the return of calm to the room. Knowing a night of light rest and an early morning exit is to come, she prepares to exit with the rest of the company.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Nov 2019, 16:26

Eadnes wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 12:29
'Galmon, if there is time I would meet with you again tomorrow. I may join your scouts but it seems all our plans change with circumstance, so with your leave I would leave this flexible. Until then, sleep well.'
He nods in agreement.

Moriel wrote:
30 Nov 2019, 15:16
Knowing a night of light rest and an early morning exit is to come, she prepares to exit with the rest of the company.
LoreMaster Note As for finding a place to sleep, there are plenty of choices; feel free to develop what you would like to do. This goes for all of you. You may even erect the tent Radagast left for you all.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Artorius » 02 Dec 2019, 14:49

Out-of-Character I cannot find the full details but I believe it is the eye of a drake we slew a little whiles back under the name Lady Xakzôrs who was under some spell and came to Dale to hunt down the king. Thats all I remember.
Weary from the nights events, Artorius decides to make his way to the inn for the night, knowing that the town would be vigilant until he rose fresh in the morning. The thought of finding lodging in the Elven camp evaporated like morning dew after his words with Galmon, and he thought it better to put some space between him and the fighters from Mirkwood.

His sleep with deep, but his mind raced over many things. It was the kind of sleep where one would remember events of the dream days later, but despite the acrobatic ways of his thoughts the Ranger woke with energy and renewed resilience. He breakfasted in the tavern, enjoying some eggs, toasted bread and some wild mushrooms. Where most folk, especially Hobbits, would lament the lack of bacon, Artorius was content with the meal and washed it down with some spring mountain water which was at a nicely chilled temperate thanks to the climate outside.

After paying the reasonable cost of the food and bed, he clad himself in his usual outfit with some extra layers for warmth and left the warm building to find his companions and get the news of the night.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 02 Dec 2019, 16:34

Artorius wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 14:49
Out-of-Character I cannot find the full details but I believe it is the eye of a drake we slew a little whiles back under the name Lady Xakzôrs who was under some spell and came to Dale to hunt down the king. Thats all I remember.
Lothíriel will head to the same place Lady Sara provided her lodging for her time spent here in Edric's Town previously. She removes her armor and gear and will polish her sword and shield as she reflects on the eye she saw and see if she can recall anything from her studying the ancient lore in Minas Tirith's library and from her father's tales.

She'll sleep and rest herself for the trials ahead and come morning she'll wash up, put on clean clothes and her armor and weapons, covering herself in the furs/cloak provided. She'll pick up her shield and head out find some grub and to meet the others and Sir Edmund.
Out-of-Character Specialty: Lore of Gondor - bestows the benefits granted by both Old Lore and Region-lore (Gondor).
Old Lore - You are learned in the traditions and the rumour of bygone days. Your knowledge may derive from different sources, from stories heard around the fire to the dusty records of a chronicler..

not sure what TN you wanted, but with my Specialty hopefully that helps.

Lothíriel:rolling Lore 1t[feat] + 1t[normal] > 14 (9)+(4)=13
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 02 Dec 2019, 22:07

Lothíriel wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 16:34
Out-of-Character Specialty: Lore of Gondor - bestows the benefits granted by both Old Lore and Region-lore (Gondor).

Old Lore - You are learned in the traditions and the rumour of bygone days. Your knowledge may derive from different sources, from stories heard around the fire to the dusty records of a chronicler..

not sure what TN you wanted, but with my Specialty hopefully that helps.

Lothíriel:rolling Lore 1t[feat] + 1t[normal] > 14 (9)+(4)=13
LoreMaster Note That's not a bad roll, actually. You think of various ways the Dunlendings, in ancient days, taught your people and, later, those of the Riddermark, before Gondorians became Forgoil to the Dunelending folk, about using various techniques, including dowsing rods, to find sources of water when between rivers and lakes. The rods would always start out parallel to one-another but, on "finding" a water source, their ends would draw together, leaving something of an X over the spot a well would be dug. In this case, since you've been told the Dragon eye was made to find something, dowsing rods are what has come to mind.

For everyone, let's hear your morning routine, please, if you think you would like to put it down, here, as Artorius and Lothíriel have done.

I have your character sheets updated and uploaded (refresh if you don't see anything different at first glance) and, unless you already have a clue what you want to do with your PHs experience, wait for me and I'll TRY to get potential improvements updated and uploaded, tomorrow.
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 03 Dec 2019, 21:46

Moriel will take advantage of a room at the Inn. After a bath and a comfortable rest, Moriel eats breakfast and bundles up in her fur coat and boots to face the cold morning.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 03 Dec 2019, 22:48

LoreMaster Note Whom else stayed at the Inn?
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Eadnes » 04 Dec 2019, 13:09

Seeing his friends head off for the Inn, Éadnes checks with Lady Sara that she is well protected. After all we knew the trail of the enemy came to scout this building. Finding that there are guards taking watches through the night, he wanders towards the Elven camp. Taking time to talk of home and share news, he is welcomed to sleep with his kin waking refreshed in the morning.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 05 Dec 2019, 11:57

Morning, 22 March 2947, Dark and Early and Safe
For some of you the night went quietly and with relative ease. Before you knew it you were actually able to sleep because there were only the most common sounds. Morning comes, as do the smells associated with breakfast and preparation for the day.
LoreMaster Note Alright, so we need to bring a decision to conclusion... and you can answer here or in the OOC thread. Do you continue with Radagast's mission, or do you stay and investigate what's going on around Edric's town and, perhaps, end up defending it. To recap some things you've learned...
  1. The original scout who returned and was the reason Lothíriel was sent for aid, had spent three days returning to Edric's Town,
  2. The tracks found within the town by Artorius were a few days old and showed that the Orcs had left,
  3. There is a full Company of Elves within the town, now, including Scouts,
  4. Lady Sara has already expressed her will to Lothíriel, about going after the Wizard's goal, and
  5. The Dragon's eyeball has begun to lose its shape.
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Eadnes » 06 Dec 2019, 02:58

As the morning breaks Éadnes reflects on all the news from home passed to him during the night. That his kinsmen are reporting the Greenwood once again being defiled by creatures of shadow troubles him deeply. True they had never completely disappeared with the passing of the Necromancer, but their presence had been significantly diminished with the fall of the dragon Smaug.

A heaviness lay within his spirit as he moved to the Inn and a meeting with his colleagues.
It seemed around the boarders of his folk's kingdom evil was moving. Unseen and perhaps unnoticed for the main, but none the less moving. He resolved that Radagast's task must come first. If there is some mind behind this, maybe the wraith of the past master of Esgaroth, it must be unmasked.

Walking up to the Inn steps, he resolved to raise the matter with Artorius.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 06 Dec 2019, 13:39

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 11:57
[*] Lady Sara has already expressed her will to Lothíriel, about going after the Wizard's goal, and
[*] The Dragon's eyeball has begun to lose its shape.[/list]
Having already prepared herself, Lothíriel goes to the inn to eat breakfast and connect with any of her companions staying there. She muses over several thoughts including what she gleamed of the dragon's eye last night. Although, she is concerned about the safety of Edric's Town and Lady Sara concerning the orc camp nearby she understands the significance of the wizard's task. She has decided to go with her companions and hasten to get the task completed. She believes with the arrival of the elves and the training she gave Edric's Town they should be able to defend the place significantly.