Into the Grey Mountains Narrows

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: Into the Grey Mountains Narrows

Unread post by Artorius » 09 Nov 2019, 14:58

Raising an eyebrow at the words, Artorius returns with a short, sharp nod and a sly smile. He remains silent, part playing with the man's assumptions, and part allowing Lothíriel to keep her lead of the situation.
The Ranger can't help but not feel settled depsite the welcoming atmosphere of a village as he remembers his oath to carry on the Wizards quest from the dawn on the third day, come rain, shine or invasion...
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Guide

Unread post by Frerin » 09 Nov 2019, 17:17

Frerin steps up and gives the man Lothiriel called Sir Edmund an appraising look. "Frerin, son of Óin, son of Gróin, dwarf of Erebor. We may nae be th' army ya were hopin' fer, but ya'll find that each o' our company 's worth half a dozen orcs!"
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice
Melee APs: 6
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread post by Lothíriel » 09 Nov 2019, 19:53

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 23:34
"We have looked for the Sylvan Elves since the day you and Hathal left, but I've heard nothing from either, naught rumor even." He speaks up, then, explaining,
Lothíriel says to Sir Edmund, "The wood elf king is sending 30 riders, I hope they'll be here soon. I will speak to Lady Sara about it. As for my companions they are much more than they seem and will not disappoint in their hatred of the enemy. We shall see Edric's Town protected if the enemy comes forth."

She smiles as her companions introduce themselves and winks at Frerin when he speaks about the reckoning they will give the orcs.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Nov 2019, 18:07

Frerin wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 17:17
Frerin steps up and gives the man Lothiriel called Sir Edmund an appraising look. "Frerin, son of Óin, son of Gróin, dwarf of Erebor. We may nae be th' army ya were hopin' fer, but ya'll find that each o' our company 's worth half a dozen orcs!"
"Yes, Master Dwarf," Edmund looks at each of you with positive appraisal before continuing, "I'm certain each of you would be worth far more than that." He does not seem to be jesting, but in earnest, "and I will beg your forgiveness, my friends, but we have been under strain for five days, now, with no attack. Our people and the Lady Sara desire a return to normality, but I and my guards remain vigilant against attack."

Lothíriel wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 19:53
Lothíriel says to Sir Edmund, "The wood elf king is sending 30 riders, I hope they'll be here soon."
Indeed, as you speak those words a small cloud of riders appears from the Southwest. Edmund's eyes widen as he attempts to see past you all toward them.
"I will speak to Lady Sara about it. As for my companions they are much more than they seem and will not disappoint in their hatred of the enemy. We shall see Edric's Town protected if the enemy comes forth."
It is soon evident, from their raiment and that of their steeds, these are Wood Elves of Mirkwood. Though it takes time for them to arrive, they are worth the wait,

"I am Galmon," the lead rider explains, who is as fair as any High Elf any of you may ever have seen, but whose brown hair and dark demeanor gives away the legend of his birth. "I Captain this soldiery and would speak with the leader of Edric's Town immediately."
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 10 Nov 2019, 18:58

Moriel steps forward and returns the bow. "Moriel, Elf of Mirkwood, with my bow in hand, at your service."
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Nov 2019, 22:56

LoreMaster Note What do you mean 'returns the bow'?
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Eadnes » 11 Nov 2019, 12:38

Out-of-Character I'm a tad confused as to the order so, I will assume I can introduce myself before the elves arrive. If not, it'll be at a suitable break.
Stepping forward in turn Éadnes introduces himself.

'Good sir, I am Éadnes, from Mirkwood. I have walked these lands before and am gladdened to see how they have prospered under your leadership. I wish you and your fair Lady Sara well and have a message from her friend Rebecca that I trust will bring her joy in these troubled times.'

Stepping back to the group Éadnes waits as the riders arrive.
Out-of-Character If there are any I recognise, I will discretely nod.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 11 Nov 2019, 14:15

Lothíriel observes as her companions introduce themself. She'll bow to Galmon and looks at Sir Edmund, "Best take us all to Lady Sara then."
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 11 Nov 2019, 14:18

Artorius greets Galmon.

"Suilad Galmon, gi nathlof hi. Perhaps Hír Edmund here can take you to Hiril Sara?"

He motions to Edmund, then melds back into the fellowship group to let the rider pass.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Nov 2019, 14:37

Eadnes wrote:
11 Nov 2019, 12:38
Out-of-Character I'm a tad confused as to the order so, I will assume I can introduce myself before the elves arrive. If not, it'll be at a suitable break.
LoreMaster Note No real order, but you'll definitely have time to do that before they can ride up. I just figured all of you have introduced yourselves a few times, already, but perhaps I got ahead of myself. My apologies.
Stepping forward in turn Éadnes introduces himself.

'Good sir, I am Éadnes, from Mirkwood. I have walked these lands before and am gladdened to see how they have prospered under your leadership. I wish you and your fair Lady Sara well and have a message from her friend Rebecca that I trust will bring her joy in these troubled times.'

Stepping back to the group Éadnes waits as the riders arrive.
Out-of-Character If there are any I recognise, I will discretely nod.
LoreMaster Note Certainly there are one or two who went a different way from you, but all of you nod in respect for one-another.

With the admonition that Lady Sara should, indeed, be the next stop, all of you, accompanied by Edmund and Galmon, move to the Lady's quarters, where Edmund knocks.
LoreMaster Note I apologize to all of you who've desired a chance to introduce your character and have not yet been able to. Please take a minute and do so, if you like?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Nov 2019, 19:50

Lady Sara, in a fine worker's dress, something simple and hardy for working in various locations throughout Edric's Town, stands before you in feet wrapped in towels, her mud-caked boots to the left of the doorway as you enter. She looks up and explains,

"If you desire to remain within my home, please remove your muddy shoes or remain nearest the door. However," she smiles slyly, "close the door. Wraps are on the table to your right, and you may leave your footwear to your left." Edmund immediately removes his boots, his feet already in wraps for the Winter cold, steps forward and bows slightly, deep enough to reach her station, and turns upon rising enough to swiftly look in your direction or the Lady's, whichever is most relevant at the time. He explains,

"m'Lady Lothíriel and," he looks each one of you in the face, in turn, "her new companions, forgive me as it is more important to address m'Lord Galmon of the Wood Elves, first." Galmon takes a step forward, not necessarily to get ahead of the rest of you, but his movement will make Lady Sara aware of his presence, first. He bows his head slightly, then allows Edmund to continue,

"Galmon has been placed in charge of a Company of Elves and it is my belief we should have them settled and ready to strike out at first light, with me, to build a plan against the Orcs encamped nearby." Lady Sara nods and says,

"m'Lord Galmon, I am grateful for your assistance in this grave matter and I am delighted that Thranduil King has agreed to it. However, I agree with my Captain that this situation is grave enough to require an immediate answer, which I will leave to you and the Captain to work out." Galmon bows and expresses,

"Suillad Mellon, m'Lady. I regret to inform you my King has expressed we may be here one week and one only and then we must return to defend his Halls. I am proud to work alongside Captain Edmund to rid your border of this intruder, m'Lady and, at your leave, I go to work on the task of preparation, now. Where might my warriors set their camp?" There is no presumptuousness in his voice, no pretense of anger or derision, only truthful and honest service. Lady Sara answers,

"We have been preparing spaces in our homes throughout our village, where your warriors may remain warm and well-fed, if that is acceptable, m'Lord?" Galmon shakes his head slowly, not in disagreement, but more in humility,

"That will be unnecessary, m'Lady Sara, as we have brought all camp tools and provisions necessary to a short stay. If we may avail ourselves of space around your market circus, we will be quite warm and comfortable. Thank you for the kind thoughts, but an Army must remain objective and together to be effective." Sara nods her head and her mouth forms a thin smile before saying,

"Let it be so, then, Captain Galmon. Again, you have my gratitude and I welcome you to go for the sake of taking care of your people." Galmon nods, turns, and is gone before any of you feel the continued chill of the air coming in.

Edmund turns to you, then, Éadnes and explains,

"Our new friend, Éadnes, has mail for your ladyship, from Rebecca at Galford." Lady Sara's face breaks into unmasked joy as she comes forward, hand outstretched, to receive the letter.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 14 Nov 2019, 11:06

Lothíriel smiles at Lady Sara removing her muddy boots and wrapping her feet. She listens and observes the interaction with Captain Galmon and watches him depart. She says to Lady Sara as Edmund mentions the letter Eadnes carries. "I did all that you asked m'lady and even brought these companions with me to help in the defense of Edric's Town. They have another mission to fulfil for the wizard Radagast, but they offered to help you. I am here for you as well since my own travels can wait til the winter thaws more."
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Eadnes » 14 Nov 2019, 13:44

Handing his letter to Lady Sara with all due grace,

'My Lady, I hope it brings you joy.'
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 14 Nov 2019, 14:23

Artorius stays by the door, muddy boots on but keeping only to the mats as to not dirty the floor. He casually leans back and takes in the atmosphere. The Lady Sara did not match his assumption, as she clearly was more than willing to muck in with the rest of her subjects than just sit on a fancy chair like other Lords and Ladies may do in their hamlets.
He raises an eyebrow upon hearing the conversation about lodgings and wondered if he could be able to join the Elves in their camp. It was known that by some magic or ancient craft that even Elven campsites were far more comfortable, relaxing and warm than any home crafted by men... perhaps Eadnes could put in a good word for him.

He tarries at the back, saying nothing but curious to listen further.
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 14 Nov 2019, 19:08

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:
10 Nov 2019, 22:56
LoreMaster Note What do you mean 'returns the bow'?
Out-of-Character Returning the bow from Sir Edmond.