Lothíriel of Minas Tirith

If you have a character in our game, you will find their journal in this area, as well as some stickied threads near the top of the list for songs and stories. As well Player-heroes (PHs), as they are called in The One Ring, have some basic information here concerning how to build them. A journal means you have the opportunity to develop your character's depth to help you be able to get into them, even in a slow-flow forum-based setting such as our game. Have fun with it... using your journal and helping the group with songs may even lead you to gaining experience for posting about them.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Re: Lothíriel of Minas Tirith

Unread post by Lothíriel » 10 Oct 2019, 15:26

Lothíriel opens her belt pouch and hands the letter from Lady Sara to Vali as she dismounts and slings her shield. She takes the horse's reins as she says to him directly, "A large encampment of orcs and goblins has formed near Edric's Town, it is time to call upon your allies and prepare for defense. Lady Sara calls for your aid."
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Oct 2019, 16:05

Lothíriel wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 15:26
Lothíriel opens her belt pouch and hands the letter from Lady Sara to Vali as she dismounts and slings her shield. She takes the horse's reins as she says to him directly, "A large encampment of orcs and goblins has formed near Edric's Town, it is time to call upon your allies and prepare for defense. Lady Sara calls for your aid."
He does not read the letter in front of him, but rather stomps off deeper into the town as you finish your description of what's taking place. You manage to catch him easily as he explains,

"We must speak with Denethor immediately! I will give him this message and he will carry it to the wood for you." Within minutes you are before the door of a house you might recognize from home, with long square beams spread twelve feet apart, supporting a thatched roof, and meeting in the middle, a pair of horse-heads carved into the upward ends of the beams, and another heavy beam running from between those heads toward the back end of the house.

"Denethor," Vali calls out loudly, "are you home, my friend?! It is urgent we speak, immediately!" After waiting anxiously for several long moments, Vali turns and raps on the door as loudly as possible, then turns back to you, attempting to appear calm, and explains,

"Denethor is a sleeper; so sometimes it's tough to rouse him. You see, he studies the stars at night, all night, then sleeps the day away. However, he also enjoys getting out of town to perform other duties for Thranduil King." His face brightens visibly as he looks around your right shoulder,

"Denethor! Good good, I am glad you're here." He shoves the missive at the Elf who, when you turn around to inspect the new arrival, has a long thick rod with several fish attached to it, the stick run through their gills. The Elf is several inches taller than you are, gangily and with a tight face, very long legs and presently with a scowl on his face because of this being shoved at him. "You know I cannot read, Denethor, but I know you can, and from what Lothíriel, here, tells me...

"Lothíriel, Denethor... Denethor, Lothíriel," he introduces you to one another. With a very short eye at appraisal of you, Denethor turns his annoyed expression back to the missive, opening and reading it.

"If it is your wish," and he looks both to you and Vali, "I will find a patrol and give this to them to take in front of the King, but I would not count on aid."
LoreMaster Note Okay, I presume you will desire for him to take the missive to the Elves and attain their help, yeah?

If that's the case, I'm going to take my leave for a little while, let you write the next part of the story which, hopefully, will lead Lothíriel to the Inn. That would be the first place Vali would recommend for the sake of waiting for Denethor to return.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 10 Oct 2019, 16:41

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 16:05
"If it is your wish," and he looks both to you and Vali, "I will find a patrol and give this to them to take in front of the King, but I would not count on aid."
LoreMaster Note Okay, I presume you will desire for him to take the missive to the Elves and attain their help, yeah?
Lothíriel smiles at Denethor and says, "Yes, it is, please give it to king Thandruil and let him know Lady Sara of Edric's Town requests aid against the enemy who will no doubt attack his people as well. I will be here to take his response to her." She looks at Vali, "I'm told your inn known as the Lantern is a good place, I shall take my mount and myself there for some rest and food. Could you direct me to it?"
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Oct 2019, 17:07

Lothíriel wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 16:41
She looks at Vali, "I'm told your inn known as the Lantern is a good place, I shall take my mount and myself there for some rest and food. Could you direct me to it?"
Vali turns and smiles at you,

"Now this is done, allow me to be your guide to the very best Inn of all the Northern Dale-lands!" He laughs deep and loud, gaining looks from all in the town who are nearby. He leads you to the stables, first, to remove the raiment from your steed, instructs the stable-hand to brush him down, and then guides you to the front door of the inn, just as the last rays of the day disappear behind the Misty Mountain peaks and opens the door for you.
LoreMaster Note Okay, this would lead you to the very beginning of the new thread for the whole Company. If you have something else you would like to have done between Denethor leaving for the Eastern Eaves of Mirkwood and the front door to the Inn, let's knock that out. When you say you're good to go, I'll unlock the other thread and you can post, if you like; if this latter part is the case, welcome to the game in its entirety, my friend. :)
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 10 Oct 2019, 17:58

Lothíriel smirks as Vali speaks loudly about the inn and follows him there guiding her mount. When they reach the stables, she'll see to her horse even with the help of the stable hand. She'll give the horse a soft pet on its mane before gathering her gear, slinging her pack over her shoulder and carrying her shield as she follows Vali to the door to the inn. She'll stride through as he opens the door for her.
Out-of-Character I'm good, let's do this.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Oct 2019, 21:10

LoreMaster Note Alright, as soon as I post this, I intend to open that thread, then. Now, I need to give a bit of time for folks to finish up with the current thread. When it seems to me they're finished, I'll get them linked to the new thread/session. :D So, it might take a couple of days, but then that will more or less be the pattern we're settled into, anyway.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 10 Oct 2019, 21:53

Out-of-Character Sounds great. I posted an entrance, so looking forward to interacting.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Oct 2019, 22:40

:D :D :D :D :D