OOC Thread: A Small Task for Radagast

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: OOC Thread: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Ellisidil » 12 Jan 2020, 08:17

Your getting colder, nope hotter, hotter hotter...nope colder...playing that game are we?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 12 Jan 2020, 16:14

Remember, Radagast said the closer you came to the Dragon's lair, the warmer the artifact would become.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 14 Jan 2020, 08:35

My friends, I apologize, but I'm feeling like crap, this morning. I need to put answering and descriptions off until this afternoon, in about five hours, or more. My Father-in-Law, whom I usually refer to as Dad, and I went to Shreveport VA Hospital yesterday for an appointment I had for my severe sleep apnea, and both of us came home with some nastiness... of course it would have to be a respiratory issue, hehe, since apnea has to do with breathing. Anyway, I intend to be back on this afternoon.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 14 Jan 2020, 15:47

There's a new VTT (Virtual Table Top) coming to the end of development and nearing release in the near-term that I will be buying into. It will use my computer, here, to run a server for it. I'm hoping to have a new computer, soon, and then I can use my old one to run the server, itself. I've been readily finding the limitations of Roll 20, and the trouble with most other VTTs, and I want to make a move where all of us will have more control, more features, etc. that will not be dependent on someone else's server. I may, perhaps, even be able to run it from my godaddy service account so it's available 24/7, as I don't like leaving my computer on all the time.

The only thing it would cost all of you would be some time creating a new login and, perhaps, transferring your Player-hero's information to the new game. The features that are already available and working are out of this world, and I would be able to spend a few hours of prep time during the week so I won't have to wrestle with it at game time. Different types of walls and doors, animated tokens, storage space I don't have to worry about whether or not I'm filling it up too rapidly (I have 3 Gigs of space on Roll 20, but it's not hard to fill that up), as it uses my own hard drive and everything I've got on it to develop the games/sessions, and I can have multiple different games and/or campaigns, such as this game, my TOR game, perhaps others if I can still work to get my retirement. You can have music centered in a particular area or on a particular token and it has a primary and secondary range of volume, so when you encounter the AREA or Character the music begins to play, so I wouldn't have to be there to be on top of the music, as I've already set it up. I can develop REAL character sheets, such as the one I wanted to do for 2nd Edition, here, and have everything on those sheets mean something, even if it means I have to learn to write macro's for it.

If you're interested in seeing what's going on with this, check out Foundry VTT.

Anyway, as soon as I can I'll get this and start setting things up; then, I'll get in touch with all of you, likely one at a time, to set up your accounts and Characters. Stay tuned, folks.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice
Melee APs: 6
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread post by Lothíriel » 14 Jan 2020, 16:27

Last night had a fubar moment, knocked liquids on my laptop and it's toast. Took out hd and some other bits from it.. Going to put hd in an external case and transfer to new laptop. Today spent my car savings for a newer better laptop which is coming late Fri. I'll probably be a bit slow til this weekend.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 14 Jan 2020, 22:12

Thanks for letting us know, Ross. I'm sorry to hear about your Laptop, but hope you were able to save your data.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Jan 2020, 13:02

So, Monday afternoon I went to Shreveport, Overton-Brooks hospital to have a chat with a Sleep Apnea Doctor. About an hour-and-a-half after arriving home I started to feel a little bit under the weather. I took a shower, took some Echinacea and Vitamin C, and drove on.

Tuesday morning comes and I'm not feeling well at all. I had taken two doses of Alka-Seltzer cold and cough, slept well through the night, thinking I would be better Tuesday morning, and that was not to be so. Still, I felt run down, not really sick all through Tuesday, took a total of four doses of cold medicine (two of Sudafed Severe and two of NyQuil) Tuesday night.

Yesterday morning, I wake up to somewhat blurry vision, I can FEEL the dehydration on my skin and in my mouth, so I tried to drink what I could, but I couldn't stay out of bed more then 90 minutes, and usually a lot less than that. I had fixed myself Breakfast and Lunch, but I knew I needed to go to the Emergency Room. Dizziness, nausea, feeling sick to my stomach but not able to vomit, severe dehydration (if I get a sniffle, I am instantly dehydrated, no matter how well hydrated I've been keeping myself), so when Sarah arrived home from work, I asked her to take me to the ER.

At the ER they took about five gallons of blood, urine samples, X-Rays, the whole package, and could not determine, for all their supposed expertise, what is wrong with me. So, they got my heart-rate and blood pressure down and sent me home.

I apologize, fella's, but I'm going to let our story go for today; pick it up, tomorrow. I can't determine whether I need to stay awake to continue fighting this garbage or I need to go sleep and let the cold medicine fight it.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Artorius » 16 Jan 2020, 13:39

Hope you get well soon fella.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Jan 2020, 17:26

Man, me too. I just spoke with Mom and she's apparently had this since New Year's Day. Not cool, man.

If I can get my energy up, later, I'll answer the main thread.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 17 Jan 2020, 08:46

Here we go... official day 4 of this crap and I feel worse than last night. I have to attempt to go back to bed for a little while, so I have energy to run Dad to his appointment at 12:30, today, in a little over 3 hours.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 18 Jan 2020, 11:00

I have survived numerous falls and other chaos, but I'm back with a new laptop. Sorry to hear of your troubles Paul, please get well, do whatever you need to do. I will try catching up today.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 18 Jan 2020, 13:37

You did a fine job catching up, already, and I'm grateful. Welcome back. I'm glad you didn't suffer any debilitating falls; annoying, perhaps, though not debilitating. :)
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 27 Jan 2020, 14:41

My yearly fun of having my GI tube come out and stomach contents etc.... not fun... spent 3 hrs in the ER today, got a new PEG tube and such. Will be catching up.
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Eadnes » 27 Jan 2020, 15:06

Hope all goes well, it doesn't sound nice. I am assuming this is a regular thing as you mention yearly?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 27 Jan 2020, 15:31

Holy crap, Ross!!! That does not sound fun at all!