OOC Thread: A Small Task for Radagast

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Re: OOC Thread: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Lothíriel » 06 Sep 2019, 12:39

Eadnes wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 11:56
I guess you are stateside as opposed to Europe.
Sounds like you've lots of experience and I'm sure it'll be fun. :)

Pete
Hello Pete, yes, I'm in Georgia, southern USA. I have been playing/GMing D&D and other RPGs, MERP being a big favorite since age 6. This Oct will be 41 yrs with D&D and 40 or so years with Tolkien's RPGs and other stuff. I wrote a paper in 5th grade on JRR Tolkien. I have a good sized Tolkien collection. I've been gaming online for nearly 3 decades. I run my own gaming Discord and use Roll20 weekly.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread post by Ellisidil » 07 Sep 2019, 09:19

So our hobbit is gone or no? if he is gone did he run, or if he is not gone can we get a rousing battle song from him so that it may boost us?
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread post by Eadnes » 07 Sep 2019, 10:31

Hi Ross,

I have no idea what Disocrd is.
I googled it but there are too many variables out there.

Pete
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 07 Sep 2019, 10:38

Eadnes wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 10:31
Hi Ross,

I have no idea what Disocrd is.
I googled it but there are too many variables out there.

Pete
Discord is a way to do text and voice chat for hobbies and gaming (RPGs, computer/console gaming, or just miniatures, painting, other hobbies/interests). It's better than some options like Skype, Teamspeak etc. It integrates with Twitch and Steam for example. I run my own personal Discord server I use to run RPGs and or talk about RPGs/hobbies. I'm on a bunch of other Discord servers for gaming, RPGs, miniature painting etc.

https://discordapp.com/
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 07 Sep 2019, 11:02

Discord is a solid application - I use it for tabletop RPGs all the time.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 07 Sep 2019, 16:00

Well, other than my xp /sheet updates for the LM to do, I'm ready to roll. Hope y'all get through this encounter this week. Anxious to play. :)
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 07 Sep 2019, 22:42

Ellisidil wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 09:19
So our hobbit is gone or no? if he is gone did he run, or if he is not gone can we get a rousing battle song from him so that it may boost us?
Our Hobbit is more or less running about, hiding in the tent, and will be released entirely from the Company when you reach Edric's Town. Subsequently, that will also be where Lothíriel will be picked up.

Aethelwulf wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 11:02
Discord is a solid application - I use it for tabletop RPGs all the time.
I got to learn that, tonight, when I played in a one-shot for the new Aliens RPG. The GM had an advanced copy and ran it for us and it was a LOT of fun, especially using Discord for the voice and Roll 20 for the video. At the start of the game, all of us were trying to get Roll 20 to do both video and audio and that just wouldn't work for any of us; either I was able to see myself and two or three other players could see me, but I either couldn't see and/or hear them... it was a mess. Roll 20 had straightened their video & voice LEGACY protocol a few years ago and it worked great out of the gate, but now they've changed it to a new CODEC altogether and it doesn't work right. Not only that, but they've now taken the Legacy commo that DID work well.

When I go to run my Torg game -and I have no idea when that may be because real-life is not treating us the way I had hoped it would- we'll likely use Discord for voice and skip the video altogether, though to be honest I would love to find a way to make both voice & video work together. I thought Skype was supposed to work, but I guess that's no longer true, either. Some idiot somewhere developed a CODEC that doesn't work right, anymore.

Lothíriel wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 16:00
Well, other than my xp /sheet updates for the LM to do, I'm ready to roll. Hope y'all get through this encounter this week. Anxious to play. :)
Anxious to have you join us, as well, Ross. That being said...

Our weekends for the past two months have been super-busy though not without good reason for such. Now, we're moving into my Father-in-Law's house, so we can help take care of him AND be able to build up some money so we can move as soon as possible. Out money went fallow QUICKLY because of several very good reasons, but it still went fallow quickly, and we have to build it back up, again. We went from $78.00 in the back at the end of January to nearly $4,500.00 by the end of July, this year; though we don't have all of the monetary sources we did from the beginning of the year, the changes we're making to what bills we pay when and how is changing drastically and I think we can build up just as quickly as we did before. Our faith is very important to Sarah and I, and I know there are supernatural properties involved I can't explain, nor will I try, but I've also seen them in action and I KNOW they work, as we've seen them through practical observation. So, we're going to keep praying and we're going to do it, again, and then when it's the right time for us to move, we will.

Anyway, we're busy, for short and that's why things are running slowly for both Sarah and I; I love OUR game and I have no intent of stopping as long as y'all continue your love for it, as well. Posting slumps like we had end last week are NOT good for us, but at least you all know I understand WHY they happen from time-to-time.

Anyway, the Aliens game I played in tonight was an absolute blast... it was nice to be a Player, again, even if only for a one-shot, and it sort of helped me get back on my game, so to speak. However, it's 10:41 our time and I need a shower and some sleep... we started the morning early with a walk, took a load of furniture and things over to Dad's house, then we were putting things away and wound up having an emergency to take care of, and then the Aliens game for nearly six hours, including technical difficulties, so as many of you from the UK say, I'm knackered, LOL.

Good night, my friends.
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 08 Sep 2019, 07:26

Welcome, Ross. I'm Paul's wife, Sarah, playing Moriel.
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 08 Sep 2019, 10:43

Moriel wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 07:26
Welcome, Ross. I'm Paul's wife, Sarah, playing Moriel.
Well met m'lady. Tis a sincere pleasure to meet you. I've enjoyed speaking with Paul and having him in my TOR game and look forward to meeting Moriel and joining the party.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Sep 2019, 21:05

My friends, I am about to pack up this computer for a move over to Dad's tomorrow morning. I do not anticipate being down very long from this machine, and there's always the laptop.

Also, tomorrow night I intend to update our forums, again. I will send out notices before I begin and after I finish and have verified everything.

If he wants to, I am allowing Ellisidil to fire a bow-shot... I'm trying to get an answer on that, tonight. However, if I either do not receive an answer tonight, and I don't hear anything by the time I've got this beasty set up at Dad's tomorrow morning, I'll move us to the next round. We have a particular Player eager to join the crew and move on from where his character has been more or less stuck all Winter. :)
Lothíriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Lothíriel » 12 Sep 2019, 10:10

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:
11 Sep 2019, 21:05
We have a particular Player eager to join the crew and move on from where his character has been more or less stuck all Winter. :)
Aye my pc is quite ready to deliver Gondor's answer to the Shadow.

sharpens Naurmegil, polishes and tends to her armor and shield
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 12 Sep 2019, 11:53

LMAO... too cool. :)
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 14 Sep 2019, 21:18

I would like to hear from Frerin and Aethelwulf by tomorrow evening, my time, about 22 hours from my posting this, please?

Our biggest move push comes Monday morning and, though I will be able to answer SOME TIME during the week, this coming week is going to be SUPER-BUSY in other things than the move. Coupled with the move, this is going to make things tough for the game this week. It'll get done, it just might be irregular.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Sep 2019, 13:59

My friends, we're doing well and I'm glad we're resolving the current fight as rapidly as possible. Drive on, y'all! :lol:
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 16 Sep 2019, 14:02

Nice.

In other news, one of my classes for my comp sci major is using C++... I am not a fan of it to be honest, much more of a python and java fan.