OOC Thread: A Small Task for Radagast

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: OOC Thread: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 05 Aug 2019, 11:13

If I'm to be honest, Dan, based on the use of each of the skills, Courtesy would likely have been your best.

With drunkards, however, you could use Awe to impress and, perhaps, even frighten a little bit, with the stories of derring-do you've accumulated, thus far... fighting the Marsh-dwellers in the Eastfort/lair, the fight against Mutgôz in the clearing shortly thereafter, the visit with the Eagles at the Eyrie, all of those would present Bryni with great stories, though they may come back to haunt you that evening.

Using Riddle on Bryni, you could give out little information about yourself, the Company, or their purpose on this particular outing, while attempting to entice the Thegn to give away more information about the town and himself. To be honest, you're likely to be disappointed, however, and Éadnes ideas may prove more fruitful.

Finally, Courtesy is just what it sounds like, and is likely to be more impressive for a Thegn than the first two combined. There are few among the lower-classes who truly understand what it means to speak WITH a noble rather over or under their notice. Groveling does not hold its sting in a world at de facto war with a shadow it cannot see and understands even less. Showing some courtesy, on the other hand, can get a lot done in a short span of time.

So, the choice of skill has to be left up to you. However, looking at your Player-hero sheet for Ellisidil, even if you spent a point of Hope you wouldn't score high enough to break the Target Number. I'll leave it up to you.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread post by Ellisidil » 05 Aug 2019, 15:14

Well I went with the basic introduction and if we need this I can do it at dinner time.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 05 Aug 2019, 17:08

The big part of all this is to figure out how the Thegn truly feels about the group, as it will be with all Encounters, but I'm trying something a little different, this time. From all indications of what Ellisidil saw, the Thegn was on the up-and-up. If you would like to write something up, you can, but it's not a requirement, k?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 07 Aug 2019, 21:06

I know I like to cut off sessions at 11 pages, but I'm going to let the feast finish, then I'll start off the next section in a new session/thread.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 08 Aug 2019, 16:09

I have an idea guys and I need to bounce it off of you. I have a way that I want to talk with Bryni. I think if we speak to him of the Black Arrow and build a guard of the townsfolk that we may give him purpose to become himself again. But not to go out after the Black Arrow unless they attack his town
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 09 Aug 2019, 11:49

My friends, I will update the game tonight before hitting the rack or tomorrow morning before anything gets started with this weekend's shenanigans.

Oh, and THIS is an amazing video. It's context is framed around Dungeons & Dragons, but the video is about us. :D
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread post by Eadnes » 10 Aug 2019, 12:45

Totally happy with the Black Arrow idea.

If we are placed together on a table with no others, then I will do all that is needed to be polite without indulging in excess.
If we have opprotunities to talk to locals then ask about the road north.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Aug 2019, 14:11

Okay, cool. I welcome all of you to write as you would for a party that your Player-hero is attending :) Write it for what you feel would be the right length and we'll go from there.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 12 Aug 2019, 12:26

Paul, I was rolling for courtesy again to see if I could talk nicely to Bryni and I don't know what I accomplished I think it was a tengwar rune and a 6 with a special symbol beside it...so help me out here to see if I can
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 12 Aug 2019, 16:24

Alright, y'all, the "funny sixes" and the "tengwar rune and a 6 with a special symbol beside it" IS the Tengwar Rune. For those of you who've been with the game for a while, you should have these MEMORIZED, if only as a result of game-play...

Image -> Gandalf's Rune, most of the time an Automatic Success, and sometimes just a 12. This can only be rolled on the Feat Die, 12-sided dice.

Image -> Eye of Sauron, most of the time an Automatic Failure, and sometimes just a 0. This can only be rolled on the Feat Die, 12-sided dice.

Image -> Tengwar Rune, representing a higher degree of success, as interpreted by me. This can be rolled on each Success Die, 6-sided dice.

At the bottom of every single post I make you will see the following...

If you DON'T see that at the bottom of each post I make, let me know immediately and I'll change settings so you WILL see it. Read each of the individual links, there, and even click on a few so you can navigate around these forums and be able to read what's after that link. Every last link has information necessary to game-play, including Special Names & Characters, which helps you deal with posting the different types of runes listed above.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Aug 2019, 13:01

My friends, I've just found and added to the Using Roll 20 for Movement and Position post, the following:

Here are some video aids for helping you, as a player, learn to use Roll 20. Don't mind the different types of games, the use is still the same.

I hope these videos will be of some help to you?

Also, something to add for using the links in MY signature block, as outlined in my previous post... please do NOT forget to Right-Click the link and open it in a NEW TAB? That will allow you to keep your present story window open AND the window you need for any rules, character names, symbols, etc. :D
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Aug 2019, 21:51

My friends, I am out tomorrow and Thursday, though I will do all in my power to post first here before I hit the rack Thursday night.
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 14 Aug 2019, 14:11

My classes are starting up again the 26th of August, and I move back to my dorm on the 24th. I thought I'd let you all know now well in advance.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Aug 2019, 13:38

Jacob, does that mean you're not going to be able to continue playing, or that there will be an interruption in play, or you'll become an intermittent poster? I ask, because if you've dedicated time to this game, but are not going to be here because of school, then I think it might be more important for you to pay attention to your schooling, my friend. Let me know what you think you'll be able to do and we'll work something out from there, alright?
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 16 Aug 2019, 13:42

I'd need to see what my workload overall is like - mostly I have morning classes, so I should be able to post in the afternoons and evenings