A Small Task for Radagast

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2314
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 12 Aug 2019, 21:18

Ellisidil wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 19:53
Out-of-Character Awareness roll (Eye of Sauron) + (Tengwar rune) + (Tengwar rune)=12
LoreMaster Note Hehe, YOU ARE the what's going on, LOL.
User avatar
Rosco
Novice
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: 05 May 2019, 16:49
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 5
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Rosco » 12 Aug 2019, 21:46

Out-of-Character Awareness Roll: (5) + (5+5) = 15

During the feast Rosco had been going from table to table, playing some traditional tunes from Eriador, plus a few of his newly-crafted songs meant for Strandburg and the Northern Dale lands. He was being his witty, silly self when he noticed out of the corner of his eye the brewing situation between the Thagn and Ellisidil.

Leaping into action, he makes a spectacle of himself by jumping onto a table and playing a song he was saving for later in the feast:

Walk into splintered sunlight
Inch your way
Through Dragon dreams
To another land

Maybe you're tired and broken
Your tongue is twisted
With words half spoken
And thoughts unclear

What do you want him to do
To do for you to see you through
Brynni Thagn will ease the pain
And he will see you through

He's the people's Thagn,
Like Wind and water,
We all do need him,
And it is best to heed him.

Sun and shower,
Wind and rain,
In and out the window
Like a moth before a flame

Brynni's the wisest Thagn
It was Bard who put him there
Believe it because you need him
Or doubt him if you dare

And he's the fairest Thagn
With the fairest hair
And his Mead Hall is the most grand
In all of the Northern Dale Land!


He sings with his loudest voice, straining at times to be heard over the din of the Feast. But he jumps and dances on the table top, deliberately kicking silverware to make a loud racket and command attention - especially the Thagn's.
Out-of-Character If you want Song roll, I'm happy to do that as well, of course. But with the successful roll for Awareness, I assume I can see the trouble and then take action to distract the angered Brynni amd give Ellisidil time to recover.
______________________________
Rosco Bolger • Hobbit of Bree • Wanderer
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2314
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 12 Aug 2019, 23:00

Rosco wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 21:46
Out-of-Character If you want Song roll, I'm happy to do that as well, of course. But with the successful roll for Awareness, I assume I can see the trouble and then take action to distract the angered Brynni amd give Ellisidil time to recover.
LoreMaster Note Yes, please? Feel free to use hope if your roll is too low. Well-played, hehe.
User avatar
Rosco
Novice
Novice
Posts: 80
Joined: 05 May 2019, 16:49
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 5
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Rosco » 12 Aug 2019, 23:44

Out-of-Character Well, well! Song roll = (2) + (4+6+2+6) = 20 with two Tengwars...means Extraordinary Success!
______________________________
Rosco Bolger • Hobbit of Bree • Wanderer
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2314
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Aug 2019, 08:46

Just as Thegn Bryni's voice begins to rise against you, Ellisidil, confusion crosses his face and he becomes quiet as he listens to Rosco's song. After a minute he turns toward the stairs leading up to the dais where his chair is, at the table, and he drunkenly climbs them and grabs onto his chair to pull himself up to the top. Once there, he slowly stands up, he's totally pie-eyed, and begins to clap and smile.
 
LoreMaster Note Josh, WELL-PLAYED, pun intended. In all of my gaming life, I have never had the Bard save my ass. Dan, the Bard just saved Ellisidil's butt, big-time and, perhaps, if it's approached well, the situation, though I might caution you to take it easy for the rest of tonight, anyway. Ahh, the vagaries of die rolls, :lol: .

Ellisidil, what would you like to do next, :D
User avatar
Frerin
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 451
Joined: 11 May 2016, 15:43
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Guide

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Frerin » 14 Aug 2019, 03:36

Out-of-Character Awareness Roll: 6 + 4 = 10. Did anything happen?
Frerin has relaxed his guard over the evening, and he has also heartily partaken of the food and ale that was so richly on offer, so he completely failed to notice what was going on with the Thegn and Ellisidil, until Rosco leapt into the fray and distracted Bryni with a spectacle that even a drunken dwarf is not able to miss.

"What a fine song!" Frerin exclaims, jumping to his feet and clapping his hands, then raising his stein high into the air. "Let's all drink ta th' health o' Thegn Bryni the Magnificent, our most gracious host!"
______________________________
Frerin, Son of Óin • Dwarf of Erebor • Treasure-hunter
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Posts: 53
Joined: 11 Apr 2019, 15:28
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 14 Aug 2019, 14:10

"Indeed, let us drink to the health of Thegn Bryni!" Aethelwulf lets out a cheer and takes a deep swig of his drink.
______________________________
Aethelwulf of the Horse-lords • Rider of Rohan • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 519
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 13:27
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Eadnes » 14 Aug 2019, 16:17

Out-of-Character Awarenes 19 with a Gandalf rune.
Grateful for Rosco's interception, Éadnes scanes the room to see how the guards were responding.
Now the atmosphere has changed and all are toasting Bryni, he quickly moves to Ellisidil and grabbing him round the shoulder steers him away from Bryni toasting the Lord as he does.

Getting back to the group he states, ' This Lord has fallen a long way and his drunkeness brings out a darkness within him. There are happy drunks and sad drunks but I fear this man is neither by nature. As the room has emptied, I suggest we leave as soon as we may. I have learnt little about our road north despite asking many and I suspect few here travel those roads, so I believe there is little to learn.'

As he can Éadnes reaches Rosco calling for a request. whispering in the hobbit's ear, he lets him know that he feels it is time for the company to rest. Perhaps one or two songs to keep the Lord's focus and then hand over to local musicians to finish the evening?
______________________________
Éadnes Andwiltan • Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 315
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 17:27
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Artorius » 15 Aug 2019, 13:44

Raising his head from his new seating location, Artorius looks over and sees Eadnes and Ellisidil making a swift stage right as little Rosco plays his heart out to a half naked Bryni. With one swift movement the tall Ranger raises from the seat and makes towards the two, deftly dodging and weaving out of the way of all the patrons on his path.
Upon reaching his friends he claps his hands on their backs and leans in to speak to both of them so only their ears may hear.

"I sense we may have overstayed our welcome now, I will keep to the shadows while you update the rest of the Fellowship to make their way back to the inn. When I see the company begin to leave I will look for an opening too. Once outside we will get everyone to the tavern safely and I will grab my gear and sneak outside the village. Come the morn I will find you before the cock crows and we can discuss tonights festivities and our exit plan should one be required. Sleep well, I will keep an eye on the group from afar."

Once their conversation is finished, he melds into a dancing crowd and is gone from view.
______________________________
Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion • Ranger of the North • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2314
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: A Small Task for Radagast

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Aug 2019, 16:03

Eadnes wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 16:17
Out-of-Character Awarenes 19 with a Gandalf rune.
Grateful for Rosco's interception, Éadnes scans the room to see how the guards were responding.

Now the atmosphere has changed and all are toasting Bryni, he quickly moves to Ellisidil and grabbing him round the shoulder steers him away from Bryni toasting the Lord as he does.
LoreMaster Note The guards were all caught unawares as to what's going on, as at least half the detail are now openly sloshed.
 
You all make it through the town, which except for bloody few people and only a couple of Bryni's watchmen you are able to go unmolested to the Inn.
 
LoreMaster Note My friends, click here to go to the next part of our story, please? Your character records have been updated and uploaded and I have placed a list in the OOC thread concerning any improvements you might have enough XP to make. :D
Locked