Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt IV

These are old adventure topics, including their OOC threads for The One Ring: Company of the Gray Wolf.
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 7
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt IV

Unread post by Eadnes » 25 May 2019, 03:23

'A strange creature to come so far into the town and market without beening marked Artorius. I feel we should find how it came to be here.'

Glancing at the wizard he assumes to be Radagast Éadnes nods in welcome. Sadly shaking his head at those that lie dead around them, a darkness passes over his face.

'Is there anything we can do for the injured and fearful? It looks like the Captain of the Guard has fallen and many will grieve his passing.'
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt III

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 25 May 2019, 09:28

Eadnes wrote:
25 May 2019, 03:23
Glancing at the wizard he assumes to be Radagast Éadnes nods in welcome. Sadly shaking his head at those that lie dead around them, a darkness passes over his face.

'Is there anything we can do for the injured and fearful? It looks like the Captain of the Guard has fallen and many will grieve his passing.'
LoreMaster Note I'll leave the first bit for Bryce to read and answer, but...
The Brown Wizard does not even look in your direction, staring instead at the massive lizard, what seems to be a tear passing from his eye. After a moment he draws a dagger from within the folds of his robes and approaches the head of the carcass of the Cold-drake, answering,

"Yes. Who will mourn for this creature?" His voice is somber as he speaks, the pitch and cadence deeper than his previous admonition.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Artorius » 25 May 2019, 15:24

Cleaning the drakes black blood of the end of his sword with the bottom of his travelworn cloak, Artorius returns the blade to the scabbard and examines the creature with a critical eye.

"This was not by chance, I have never heard of these kinds of beasts actively approaching towns and cities due to their caution of people. A cold drake like this would find far easier quarry to hunt for sustenance in its own environment. Travelling to a populate city like this means one of two things... Either its food source has completely dried up which I cannot imagine happening, especially with the variety of wildlife in these parts. The second thing is more far-fetched but perhaps someone or something led it here, either physically or by some form of powerful suggestion..."

He then observes the fallen guards and whispers "May you find peace in death." Not knowing local customs, the Ranger keeps his distance from the bodies. It should be the family and friends that tend to the corpse and not a stranger like he.

Turning back he raises his hand in thanks to his friends whose bow work was the decisive strike in the battle. Shouting to the Elves, and without thinking due to battle fatigue, Frerin too "Le vaethor vaen e-beng!". He compliments their bow-work while gathering breathe from his run.

A solemn nod is placed in the direction of Ellisidil, there was no need for words for his deeds were spoken in the men's charge.

He also shoots a look over to the Hobbit and the man who joined the fight too. He says nothing, but a smile can be seen... Questions will be asked soon he would assume.

Finally, he shouts out towards the strange figure who appears to be approaching the dead lizard.

"I can name several folk who will not grieve for the creature, one being myself. Tis strange to witness your presence here, elder one, are you perhaps an alchemist hoping to leach the drakes venom for a potion?"
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 25 May 2019, 21:28

Radagast the Brown looks at you as you're complimenting your friends and your eyes fall on Ellisidil. A wry grin forms on his face as his eyes meet the very young Woodman.

"Nay," he begins to answer your question, "but I must take something from the creature, for you will be going on a mission of some import." Continuing to look at Ellisidil, he says,

"Your visit to the Eagles was much more fortunate than you thought, yes?" His smile turns from sour to mischievous in a split second, though in the flickering light of the Market Square lamps it is difficult to tell. Ellisidil, you might not have seen him in the darkness, nor in the lamp lights as you were concentrating on destroying the creature so easily slaying so many in that time. Now, however, you can place the voice of Radagast without fail. The wizard smacks the base of his staff on the ground and a light begins to slowly kindle, taking time to reach a brightness that will allow him to do what he needs to do. He turns back to the creature, holding the staff out for you to take, Artorius, then bends toward the Dragon.
Rosco
Novice
Novice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 5
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Rosco » 26 May 2019, 05:14

Rosco stops at the stage and sees the death stroke delivered by Artorius and Eadnes, along with the strange-looking old man. He looks back and sees Aethelwulf running toward the scene and yells out:

"Aethelwulf! Did you see that? My word!"

The Hobbit surveys the scene, and seeing the dead, dying and broken people and beasts in the drake's wake, he feels nauseous and doubles over, getting quite sick and leaving his last few ales on the ground near his hairy feet. He sinks down and sits, then lays back on the ground, staring at the stars and listening to the cries of women and children and the shouts of men.
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Guide

Unread post by Frerin » 26 May 2019, 11:40

"Few're gonna miss it, I'd wager, unlike the men it slaughtered." Frerin comes trotting up, panting heavily, to take a look at the dead drake. "Aye, Master Artorius, its presence here is troublin', where there's one drake, there might be more. 'specially if someone brought it here."
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 26 May 2019, 13:20

Aethelwulf nods grimly at Rosco, frowning. "Indeed. We need to help as many as we can." He sprinted over to where the others stood. "We need to tend to the injured, as quickly as possible. I don't want any more to die if we can avoid it."
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 26 May 2019, 16:12

LoreMaster Note For the sake of our newer players, especially those familiar with Play-by-Forum/Post RPGs; in this post are likely to be several conversation points, questions and answers, statements and rebuttals, that sort of thing. For all of you, but particularly you newer Players, you'll see the conversations in here would be impossible to have as they're expressed in these posts, in the real world. Especially for those of you experienced folks, you'll see that, instead of having time-date-location-introduction tags at the beginning of these posts, we simply run the conversations more or less in the order they're taking place. If a piece of information needs to be expressed before another, it will be expressed out of order, and it will be up to all of you to interpret how these conversations would go. For example, if you imagine one Player-hero (PH) asking a question of the main Non-Player Character (NPC), and then another Player comes and makes a statement that SHOULD precede the question, that's how it will be placed, here.

However, say you have three Players who are making multiple questions and statements each; I will answer them in the best order I can, but in the real-world YOU KNOW those questions and statements would be asked, stated, answered and/or rebutted in a different order. Don't get wrapped around the axle about it, just interpret it the best you can and then formulate any sorts of follow-on statement(s) and/or question(s) you may have. Thank you.

Frerin wrote:
26 May 2019, 11:40
Frerin comes trotting up, panting heavily, to take a look at the dead drake. "Aye, Master Artorius, its presence here is troublin', where there's one drake, there might be more. 'specially if someone brought it here."
"Nay," Radagast answers a voice he does not immediately recognize, "this is the lady Xakzôrs. Her lair is said to be Karak Azshur, and she is here alone or we would have been overwhelmed immediately." As the Wizard places the tip of his dagger at the base of the beast's left eye, he lowers his head and seems to pray,

"Eru's grace be on you, Xakzôrs, and may you rest."

Aethelwulf wrote:
26 May 2019, 13:20
Aethelwulf nods grimly at Rosco, frowning. "Indeed. We need to help as many as we can." He sprinted over to where the others stood. "We need to tend to the injured, as quickly as possible. I don't want any more to die if we can avoid it."
Running toward the beast to check the Guards and the warriors who finally brought the beast to the ground, you find the two Guards closest to the Palace as they begin to sheath their swords.
LoreMaster Note Please let me know when each of you are done with the map on Roll 20?
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread post by Ellisidil » 26 May 2019, 16:55

Ellisidil grabs the staff that is handed to him to hold for the convenience of the wizard. He also passes a look to his companions and says "I think we worked well together, maybe we need to ponder what happened here and ask Radaghast what this might do to help us in our quest?"
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 26 May 2019, 17:43

Ellisidil wrote:
26 May 2019, 16:55
Ellisidil grabs the staff...
LoreMaster Note Ehhhhh... you weren't close enough, yet, so he was handing it to Artorius...
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 27 May 2019, 10:19

Artorius takes the staff, and holds it outstretched with a confounded look on his face. Raising an eyebrow and noticing Ellisidil seems more welcome to hold it, he passes it to his ally. He clears his throat again and asks the curious Elder.

"Ahem, forgive me if my ignorance impresses you but... you know this creatures name? It has a name? How is it possible to know this information?"

He turns to Ellisidil, he knows not if the combat has addled his mind for a spell.

"Ellisidil, do you know this person? I must admit I am a bit out of my depth with beast speakers. I... we, would value your knowledge now if you could enlighten us who know not of him."

He notices his companions are coming closer, along with the two strangers he slowly edges back to allow his friend to lead now.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 27 May 2019, 12:41

"Artorius, this is Radaghast, also known as the Brown Wizard. He knows Gandalf the Grey and lives with us in my home town. I have been fortunate enough to learn a small amount of his knowledge to know that he doesn't let many know what depth of knowing the names of all the beasts. I know enough to trust him on these matters and that whatever he needs from this creature should help us in our quest."
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 27 May 2019, 12:43

Ellisidil then turns to Radaghast "Yes it was more fruitful than expected and what kind of mission would you be talking about?"
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 27 May 2019, 12:44

"and maybe we should discuss this in quieter corners as not to alarm to many folks."
Rosco
Novice
Novice
Stealth APs: 5
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Rosco » 27 May 2019, 13:08

"Man from Rohan, I fear that my help will be fruitless, for I am no healer and the sight of blood makes my stomach turn. Perhaps I can help in another way? Maybe a song for the living, the brave and grieving, to remove some of the stain of death?

He surveyed the scene and saw that the strange fellow with the bird's nest in his hat was talking with the Men, Elves, and the Dwarf who ended the battle by slaying the drake. He couldn't help but listen in, and his curiosity got the best of him.

"Lady Who? This looks like no Lady! What are you getting at? Is this one of those riddles that wizards are known for? C'mon then, have out with it!"