Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt III

These are old adventure topics, including their OOC threads for The One Ring: Company of the Gray Wolf.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt III

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Apr 2019, 11:16

LoreMaster Note New thread! Trying to stick to the ten pages for the sake of ease. Carry on.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt III

Unread post by Ellisidil » 16 Apr 2019, 11:29

Out-of-Character For the sake of continuity and the fact that we are starting a new thread and finishing up the last one.
Ellisidil pipes up and asks MuNin "Master MuNin, forgive me for being so bold. But Master Frerin and I have recovered a shield and sword with a Lion's head logo, and we were wondering if you may have something in this grand library about this, and any information about who might have made it, did it make into battle, and if it was to go to a distinguished family, whom it might belong to? In the case they might want it back. I understand that there might not be a record here, but maybe someone you might know that new about these beautiful made items?"
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Apr 2019, 11:34

LoreMaster Note Perfect. Thank you, Dan.
"'Tis nae secret th' location o'th' City o'th' Éothéod 'n'th Vales of Gundabad," he seems to almost whisper this last bit. "But aye dinnae thin' ye'll be wantin' t'go there, no?"
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Artorius » 16 Apr 2019, 13:20

Out-of-Character Apologies but I will be mega lazy with this.
"It's a fair idea Eadnes."

He nods to the Elf and then turns to Munin and recounts his vision, explaining in detail what was experienced and associated it to what has alread been discovered.

"...And that is my tale, I hope not to weary you with it but any guidance you can provide would be most appreciated by the company."

He turns back to Eadnes and does the smallest of shrugs, as if saying "Who knows what will happen now".
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Apr 2019, 13:27

LoreMaster Note I have intent to return and find it, anyway, read it again... but, today's been damn busy and I'm trying to get caught up on all the silliness I couldn't catch up on while I was bedridden most of last week. Besides, I would enjoy hearing from Frerin, as well, and he usually doesn't post til later in my evening-time. That SHOULD give me some time; however, I need to spend some time away from the computer, tonight, if I can. I'm trying to clear a lot of this stuff out so I can do so; thus, it may be tomorrow morning before I actually get there.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 17 Apr 2019, 14:26

LoreMaster Note Found it!

Artorius begins to relay the tale of his vision, and Munin listens with intent, and then goes to answer,

"Aye, a length-o tale, indee', lad. Ay' met Lodin th'Wise three summer's ago, an 'ee was a good Man. If'n 'ee went t'th Wastes, ee's gone." He looks at you, Éadnes and Frerin, asking, "'Es tha' what'ye've been askin' aboot?" His face turns from good-natured to sour, "Lookin't 'tain tha' treasure, eh?"
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 17 Apr 2019, 18:26

"Master MuNin, I don't believe we will be able to do so at present, I might later on. I was asked to do something special, and I need to fulfill that oath, but I can do that after I help my companions here. Then we may see. If and when I do, I will stop by and pick your knowledge a bit more and see if you have found anything out."
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 17 Apr 2019, 18:40

Out-of-Character Since I was wondering if the sword and shield were ornamental or battle ready items, would that be something that MuNin would know or is that something this library might help with
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 17 Apr 2019, 18:55

LoreMaster Note No, he's not an Armorer or Blacksmith, and though I know there are folks who can memorize everything they see, Munin is not one of them. Thus any question about that would get the response that he could help you find information but he, himself, knows nothing about it. Where he could point you are to tomes you've already seen, I'm afraid.

"Ye may find more a'Rivendell, lad."
Frerin
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Guide

Unread post by Frerin » 18 Apr 2019, 21:36

Out-of-Character Sorry, everyone, for my delay in replying... had an awfully busy week.
"We dwarves think," Frerin points out when Artorius asks about how to treat a sufferer from Dragon-Sickness, "tha' makin' new things, workin' with yer hands an' tools ken chase away th' Shadow's grip."
A perceptive man like Artorius might wonder if there was some connection between that and the eagerness with which Frerin had thrown himself into helping with the festivity preparations back in Lake-town. "But if th' Dragon Sickness 'as 'already taken root in a soul, then tha' won't suffice any more."

The dwarf nods gravely at Munin's mention of Thorin Oakenshield's fate, but refrains from further comment on the matter.

"Gettin' back th' treasure's part o' it." He concedes with a shrug when Munin inquires as to the reason for their questions. "But mostly 'tis ta make sure tha' no further doom or mischief befalls us or our neighbors from whate'er Lodin 'as turned into. Speakin' o' which... does th' Chamber 'old anythin' regardin' Wraiths... an 'ow ta fight 'em if yer not a Wizard or an Elf?"
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 18 Apr 2019, 22:07

Munin looks to Moriel and Artorius, gesturing at them with his left arm, obviously expecting either or both of them to speak.
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread post by Eadnes » 19 Apr 2019, 13:00

With a simple shrug, Éadnes replies to Murin.

'I have no need of treasure Master Murin. There is little about me that has value other than my memories and those of my kin. Sadly, too many of our tales are shrouded in shadow just as the walls of your wondrous kingdom still remember the pestilence that lived here. I do not wish the blessing we have newly won to be cast down so soon.'
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 19 Apr 2019, 17:58

Out-of-Character Frerin, is there any thing else that we need to know about the sword & shield right now that you or I don't already know? Could we speak to a smithy/black smith or do you know of any that might know if the sword is battle ready as I would like to stop carrying around both swords and only take one. That could mean a lot for endurance in the long run
Frerin
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Guide

Unread post by Frerin » 19 Apr 2019, 20:08

Out-of-Character I'm sure there are plenty of competent smiths in Erebor we can speak to that can judge whether the sword is battle-ready or not. As for the shield, it is far too badly damaged at the moment to be of any use, and restoring it is a project that Frerin plans to get to over the winter, so he will just leave it stored in his home when we depart for Dale. You could probably leave the sword there with it, if you wanted to?
While it would certainly be interesting to find more hints regarding the origin of the Lion's Head sigil or maybe designs that could be used in the restoration of the items, these things do not nearly have the same urgency, in Frerin's mind, as learning about the issue with Lodin.
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 19 Apr 2019, 20:33

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 22:07
Munin looks to Moriel and Artorius, gesturing at them with his left arm, obviously expecting either or both of them to speak.
Moriel asks Munin, "Perhaps, good Sir, have you heard any songs about wraiths in general, or do you have any knowledge of how a song might help conquer such a being?" Moriel sings the song from the play as an example.