Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt II

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies, Pt II

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Apr 2019, 15:45

LoreMaster Note My friends, I have sent you all messages and/or made posts concerning the initial bits of information you were seeking. This information can be found within several hours; so, if it's not found on the first day in the Chamber, it's found early on the second day, once you've rested and had an opportunity to order the information you already have in your noggin's. However, within the first few hours of the first day, a runner from the King comes to greet Munin and passes the message the King will see you day-after-tomorrow, and expects to hear any plan you may have, especially concerning the possibility of this wraith.

I'll leave it to all of you, whether in this thread, in the OOC thread, or in a PM that includes all five of you to formulate a plan.

I have one more player interested in coming to play, and I think I will work with him to come, as well. We'll see how things go; remember, you all represent the folks who have more endurance for the slow speed and the improved story-telling that goes along with Play-by-Forum gaming. I would say less than 1 to 2% of all role-players are capable of withstanding the long wait times, so that makes you either unique or odd; hopefully both :D .

Please let me know what you would like to do? The floor is yours.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 14 Apr 2019, 21:57

The crest found on the sword and shield, its general provenance and if it belongs to a specific Northmen lineage. Also the specific smithy that may have made it, along with any specific battles either may have been involved in, and if there is a chance of stumbling across anything of what we else we are looking for....
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8

Unread post by Eadnes » 15 Apr 2019, 05:07

Turning to Murin, Éadnes's eyes glass over as he remembers his past journey. He speaks to himself in a low murmur.

'It seems long ago I visited the edges of the Withered Heath and encountered what seemed to be a large patrol of men from the far east. I know many died in that place and many more on their journey back. If there are no records of ancient places, would there be any records of those that passed through?'

Coming back to focus he speaks more plainly.

'If there is nothing of the distant past, perhaps a record of those that have sought to cross the lands?'
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 15 Apr 2019, 09:00

Eadnes wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 05:07
Coming back to focus he speaks more plainly.

'If there is nothing of the distant past, perhaps a record of those that have sought to cross the lands?'
Munin runs thick and stumpy fingers on his left hand across his beard, a thick stack of papers enclosed in the claws of his right hand, closing his eyes a moment as he thinks. You can tell he's also breathing heavy, likely because he's trying to decompress a bit as he shifts gears to best answer your question. However, he slowly shakes his head as nothing readily comes to mind. Trying hard to think of SOMETHING to say, MuNin only shakes his head,

"Nay, lad, we dinnae hae records o'personal journey's, les' thayar Dwarven, an' we've nae o'those." He waits to see if you have any other questions.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 15 Apr 2019, 13:16

Artorius, listening all this time, finally decides to pipe up and ask an unusual question with a stern look on his face. He cares not for what his companions think, for this is likely his only chance to ask such a question to a Lore Master.

"Munin, I see you are of great wisdom. I ask for your forgiveness if this question may sound strange but would you know of affective treatment to the ailment known by the Dwarves as "Dragon Sickness"? I believe it can be seen in other forms than just obession for treasure, sometimes with anger or frustration, perhaps with a lack of purpose that leads to violent outbursts to friends and kinsmen?"

He clears his throat trying to eloborate.

"I am somewhat of a healer, and whereas cuts and arrow wounds are things I can treat with some confidence I am at a lost for such illnesses of the mind. Surely there is a treatmeant course, or maybe some guidance on how to elevate this and bring the sufferer back from the brink? Even just a method to quieten the mind demons each time they surface?"

His grey eyes twinkle with the tinest of hope, wondering if the old Dwarf can provide any insight.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 15 Apr 2019, 17:38

"Thorin Oaken-shield," he begins, separating the 'surname' into two parts, "died r'covering 'is grief. Ain whom'd help ye bett'r's Balin. E's en Dale, noo."
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8

Unread post by Eadnes » 16 Apr 2019, 01:54

Éadnes hides his disappontment as he had hoped for something that had shown a route, a way forward, even a more detailed map. It seems that once again their journey would rely on their skills in the wild. Yet without a direction, there seemed little hope in solving the vivid dream Artorius had described to the company. All they had to go on was the tale of the old man that Lodin was left in the wastes.

Turning to Artorius,
'If we are to return to Dale, perhaps we should consider all we know here whilst there is still time to ask Murin anything. Artorius, would you repeat your dream and all we know to him to see if it sparks an idea, a question that may help us before we leave?'