OOC Thread: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: OOC Thread: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 03 Apr 2019, 08:12

I apologize for not responding, yesterday, but you know the Nile Empire Base Map I've been trying to get done, forever? I'm almost there, and yesterday afternoon it finally hit to get it done... all I have left are the razor-wire fences around the compound, dude! :lol: . Anyway, my head was buried deep in the computer until about 12:30 this morning, I did NOTHING else for the remainder of yesterday, and I've just awakened from about 7 hours of absolutely necessary sleep.

My Son, thank you for letting us know. While somewhat disappointed, I do have to say that, with what you've been telling me about work, this is not surprising. Get the warehouse under control, you're the man for that job, and then return to us as soon as possible, please? You know how I work... it's always a story exit or entry, so when you return we'll have to work out a little somethin'-somethin' to get you back in. :)

Don't let the job get to you, try to stop and take a breath every so often, it is ONLY A WAREHOUSE. No one's life is in your hands, you don't have control of the nuclear trigger, you're not commanding tanks against any nasty bad guy and, while I agree the job is important to get done, and there's a LOT to it, it IS NOT WORTH STRESSING YOURSELF INTO THE HOSPITAL OVER. You are just like me, my Son, when it comes to stressing about things, and that's not good. I had to learn how to breathe with a lot of things and, even with my Post-Traumatic Stress, I maintain a LOT better than I should.

Now, if you have any manner of guesstimate ETR, please let me know so I can either plan on bringing another person in -5 is really beginning to stretch things, after all- or just leaving your slot lie, for now.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 04 Apr 2019, 22:32

Today's my eldest Son's 22nd birthday, so he's likely out partying with friends more than anything else. As for the story of getting Desyd out of the group, temporarily, he was stopped by the Captain of the Guard as he was preparing to leave town for Erebor, and was asked if he would stay to help just a few more days. He agreed.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 08 Apr 2019, 11:02

My friends, please forgive me, but I may not be answering a whole lot, today... I am sick.

Our middle Son, who is celebrating his 21st Birthday, came through, yesterday, for a fantastic visit, but he was also complaining of a sore throat. I'm afraid I got that, and a bit more, hehe. So, it's cold medicine and Netflix for me, today, I think. I will be back on this ASAP.
Ellisidil
Adventurer
Adventurer
Cbt Adv Dice: 1

Unread post by Ellisidil » 08 Apr 2019, 21:03

Wish them a happy Birthday from us...
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 08 Apr 2019, 22:27

Gavin may still be reading, here, I don't know, so he's likely to get that. I'll likely pass it on, anyway.

Alright, my friends... a little bit of business to take care of before I go sleep my life away for the next ten hours or so...

1) Dan, you never told me what you were seeing on Roll 20. I'm trying to make sure I have page tokens for everyone, and you're the last one. You may not have received the email, and that's cool, but we need to get together and establish your page token on Roll 20 sometime in the near future, please?

2) A new player is in the process of making his character for our game. His name is Jacob and, as usual, I'll let him introduce himself when he joins the game completely. That will not be while you guys are in Erebor, but hopefully sometime in the next week.

3) I apologize about not getting things written out for you, individually or collectively, about any research you're doing in the main thread. I'll have to go back and read a little bit and, hopefully, I'll be well enough to do that, tomorrow. My head was so full, today, it took twice as long to do anything I had to put some thought into, so I didn't get anything done on the game, today, on the forums, on Roll 20, or off.

Tomorrow WILL be a better day, or I will shoot the day in the face with a BAZOOKA, :lol: .
Ellisidil
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unread post by Ellisidil » 10 Apr 2019, 09:36

I think it is okay, and I have cardiac rehab today so sometime tomorrow would be best. Took a decent fall going up for a basketball last night, had to miss one of the girls. In a lot of soreness and stiffness...but other than that doing good...
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Apr 2019, 12:12

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear all of that.

I have a VA appt. tomorrow at 0830, so let's try to communicate and get your tab token squared away.

Guys, I'm doing a ton better than I was doing, yesterday, but I'm still not in a great way. Regardless, I'm going to try to get things out, today, if damn real-life will stop interfering. Gettin' tired of it and wish I could just concentrate on the things I want to concentrate on.

Anyway, be looking for some private messages sometime today.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 10 Apr 2019, 14:12

Hope you all feel better in the coming days.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 10 Apr 2019, 14:32

Thank you Bryce, thank you all for the good will and any prayers you might send my way. My energy reserve is entirely depleted as I write this, but I will drive on. I still want to get Jacob's character moving, if I'm able, today.
Moriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Moriel » 10 Apr 2019, 19:15

Ellisidil wrote:
08 Apr 2019, 21:03
Wish them a happy Birthday from us...
Thank you.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 15 Apr 2019, 21:37

My friends, is there anything else (what is the next thing) you would like to do research for in the Chamber of Mazarbul? Things have slowed down, but I want to make certain everyone's got what they want. I am looking at moving on to the visit with King Dáin ASAP, perhaps tomorrow or Wednesday, and then back to Dale for the coronation. I'm not trying to minimize the impact of your hard work at research, not at all, but the game is starting to drag a bit.
Moriel
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Moriel » 15 Apr 2019, 22:21

I am good with the research I have completed.
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Cbt Adv Dice: 2

Unread post by Eadnes » 16 Apr 2019, 01:45

Hi All,

Just a quick note as I have been thinking about some of the posts in this thread.

I really don't know much about the other players, where they live, work age etc, who are friends in the real world and who has never met.
I have assumed most players have met in real life and so have a stronger relationship than just through the game.

So appart from Paul, I am unsure how to reply regarding personal comments and have assumed they are for those who have met one another. It would help me to have a recap of who is playing if that is OK with folks sharing personal data?

Pete
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Apr 2019, 11:12

Let's see, Sarah (Moriel) is my Wife, and when Gavin (Desyd Shield-bearer) and Kieran (who was going to take over for Moro Riverhopper) were playing -and Gavin's looking to come back, he just has new job responsibilities and, of course, whomever had his job, before, was a disaster, leaving him a mess to clean up, so it may be some time- they are two of our four children; it would take some serious coaxing to get my other two to play, so you may not be seeing them, but they are Samuel and Mary. Sarah and I are in East Texas.

Dan (Ellisidil) is my cousin, living somewhere on the East Coast -I have a horrid memory, so if I don't write everything down, I forget it almost instantly.

As for the rest of us... I'm not sure many of us have met, actually, and I'll let them give you any personal data they see fit to give.

When Jacob (Athelwulf) comes in, hopefully this coming week, he can always introduce himself. And, I sent email to Josh, but he may be pretty busy, as he's yet to respond to me. I wish I hadn't been sick for a bloody week.
Ellisidil
Adventurer
Adventurer

Unread post by Ellisidil » 16 Apr 2019, 11:20

This is Dan, Live in NC and I remember Paul as a young lad, so I am older, but have been doing RPG's most of my adult life, so I know how to roll with the punches and whatever else our beloved Game Master (?) wants to throw at us.