OOC Thread: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

OOC Thread: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 15 Jan 2019, 17:38

Welcome to the new thread for our game of The One Ring. Dependent on the use of this thread, if it is not well-used by the time we're done with Dragontide, I might use it as well for the next adventure.

List of Things to Accomplish, Yet
There are still some things that need to be done before we're 100% in our game and ready for a full adventure phase, again...
  • Updating the Rhovanion Map on Roll 20. You may not know this, but I track a LOT of information for our game on this map on Roll 20. - Done.
    • I keep track of when a new character joins our game, and when they leave.

• I ensure dates of happenings within adventures are as accurate as I can make them.

• I ensure your character origins are correct, as well

Scroll around the map, sometime, especially close to Esgaroth, where our game started, and where it has picked up, again.

• Complete writing up the TOR rules for our game, for both writing in the forum and working with Roll 20. - Done.

• Update my signature block with the proper links for the updated materials. - Done

• Update all of your character records on Roll 20. - Done

How I Deal with Experience for Our Game
Are any of you interested in figuring out how I assign experience points to your character? If there's enough interest I'll write it up. I might get bored and write it up, anyway; I was bored enough to sweep and mop over 800 square feet of a 1300 square foot apartment, today, so don't put it past me, hehe.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Re: OOC Thread: Dragontide & The First Gathering of the Five Armies

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 21 Jan 2019, 10:05

Lady and Gentlemen,

First let me start out by saying I apologize if I've been putting too much information up at one time; however, I've been trying to re-establish environment and atmosphere, to help all of you get into as much of an immersive state of the game as I am capable of doing. I promise my posting has already begun to slow down, except for descriptions of the Quarters and Districts of Esgaroth, which are designed to help you figure out what to do during the First Gathering.

For those who may be worried about getting into a new "adventure", rather than the "event" you're presently a part of, that will depend on posting speed, of course. The more you post, the more others are likely to post and the more quickly the game will move to the better satisfaction of all involved.

If you're worried about HOW to play the game, including special symbols and buttons to do things, I have been building a rather handy guide, both here... viewforum.php?f=55 and in my signature block at the bottom of every one of my posts. Your Hero Stat Records/Character Sheets are found in the signature block at the bottom of your own posts so you'll have ready access to it at all times.

Finally, if you're worried about your Fellowship Phase, if you've yet to knock that out, review the game rules for posting, rolling dice, etc., I gave the link for, above, and then go to the most-recent post in your character journal and you'll see information about moving along with your Fellowship Phase.

Today it's been one week since we brought the game off hiatus and began introducing the new characters, and it's been a slow start but a good one as everyone gets back into the idea of reading and writing up to several times per week.

Again, welcome back, and let's have some fun with this sucker. :D
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Jan 2019, 10:11

Given the choices of...
  • Rhovanion/Wilderland
  • Rivendell and Eriador, or
  • Rohan
... where would you prefer to have adventures for your character. Please discuss?
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Cbt Adv Dice: 2

Unread post by Eadnes » 30 Jan 2019, 11:09

Hi Paul,

For my character I'd be happy crossing the gap of Rohan as an area I haven't been to yet. In truth, following any rumour meets the criteria of his motivation. If he were to head towards Rivendell, I suspect he would be following leads in Eriador rather than the fair valley. So, for me crossing Rhovanion towards Rohan looks like a path he might take at some point following a rumour picked up in some market or fair.

Sorry to report we are going through some rough times on ther personal front here with parents and I am not getting as much free time as I hoped. I'll try to keep up the posting though.

Pete
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Jan 2019, 11:19

I truly hope all turns out well, and I'm sorry to hear about hard times. As always, if you find yourself without the ability to post regularly, for whatever reason, please send me a PM and I'll work out Eadnes until you're able to return, k?
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 8
Cbt Adv Dice: 2

Unread post by Eadnes » 30 Jan 2019, 11:26

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your understanding. Elaine lost her mother today. So we are a bit emotional.

Pete
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Jan 2019, 11:35

Sarah lost her Mom on November 11th, and we still have our moments where we're smarting for it. Please accept my humble condolences and a couple of tears. I didn't know Sarah's Mom very well, but she was a scrapper and, even in her diminished state I could see the "tiny but mighty" woman she had been. I imagine it's similar for you.
Ellisidil
Adventurer
Adventurer
Cbt Adv Dice: 1

Unread post by Ellisidil » 31 Jan 2019, 10:06

Rhovanion/Wilderland, only because of what the eagle's have asked me to do, and to help clear out whatever else is around so that the folks in that area can live and breathe a little easier.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 31 Jan 2019, 10:21

What if I could run a game that spends a few years in Western Rhovanion and eventually gets down into Rohan?

I still would love to hear from everyone who has yet to respond, please?
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Frerin » 31 Jan 2019, 11:39

For Frerin, I would agree with Rhovanion / Wilderland, simply because that has lots of problems still going on, and is closest to home. As a player, I am fine with either, as long as it makes sense for the characters, so if we find hints that there are things amiss in Rohan that are important enough to move there even though we have enough trouble still waiting in our own back yard, I've got no problem with that.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 01 Feb 2019, 13:45

What do you all think... is 7 enough for our group? If you've been an LM, GM, Referee, Judge, etc. for RPGs and you're wondering about having opponents specific to certain parts of adventures, please don't. I am a master of scale, now, when it comes to running adventures and, in particular, bad guys. Whether we have 5 or 15 members, I can handle it.
Ellisidil
Adventurer
Adventurer
Cbt Adv Dice: 1

Unread post by Ellisidil » 01 Feb 2019, 20:45

Paul, that would be fine...as long as somewhere along the line, I was able to fulfill the quest that the lord of the eagle's gave me...and 7 should be fine
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Frerin » 04 Feb 2019, 12:17

Yes, seven should be fine. I find too many players tend to make things clumsy and convoluted, especially in scenes where input from everyone is required, e.g. combat.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 04 Feb 2019, 12:24

Alright, then I'm NOT going to advertise for one or two open spaces, and let's see where we can go from here.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 06 Feb 2019, 11:14

Alright, super-friends, Moro's player, Kieran, my youngest will not be continuing with Moro. For a young man his age he's simply got too much going on, right now, and his mind is not on playing a slow RPG on the computer. If he's not going a billion miles per hour playing a combat or racing game, or if he's not designing something on the computer, then he's not happy, hehe.

I've likewise asked Gavin if he wanted to run two characters (Desyd and Moro) and he, too, is very busy and won't have time to do that. So, unless someone comments about trying to find Moro, I think he's just going to fade into game history.

Any questions?