You have yet to acquire any treasure or found items with this character, so I'm going to move your Fellowship Phase along...
Fellowship Phase ~ 4. Standing Upkeep at Home, in a Sanctuary, or at a Holding
You have no holding, right now, and is it possible the Town Guard in Dale sent you to help with the Town Guard in Esgaroth because that's where the largest groups of people will be and Esgaroth asked for help? Regardless, you have no Standing to keep up, though you COULD Raise Your Standing... hold off on that for a bit, though... I'm going to introduce a different system for Standing. Even Francesco Nepitello, the game's designer, doesn't stick to his own system, anymore... I can't recall, for the life of me, what that system is, though.
Alright, so it looks like it's on to the Fellowship Phase Undertaking...
Fellowship Phase ~ 5. Choosing an Undertaking
Next, during each Fellowship Phase, when a player is done updating their character’s skills, Valor and Wisdom, and/or Attribute values, they may choose to undertake a task, to help keep themselves busy and/or to build some manner of skill or advantage that can be used in the future, for the remainder of the Fellowship Phase.
Players are invited to exercise their creativity and find new and exciting ways to spend a Fellowship Phase. Often, players need look no further than the recently concluded Adventure Phase, as the story that was just completed might have provided several leads worth following, like a new friendship to consolidate or a new sanctuary or patron to be built up. Any activity that could have a lasting impact on a character can be considered an undertaking.
Normally, a player is allowed to choose one activity for their character to undertake. During a longer Fellowship Phase, such as the one at the end of each year, if the LoreMaster agrees, or sees the necessity of a second undertaking, the player may take a second undertaking for their Hero.
If the Company agrees to stay together during a Fellowship Phase, the list of Undertakings for that phase will be listed in the OOC thread for the most recently completed Adventure Phase, and each player is allowed to select a separate undertaking, or the same as a fellow player. However, if the Company has decided to temporarily disband, the following list of Fellowship Phase Undertakings is designed to better fit your Player-hero, their destination and the culture amongst which they will live during the course of the Fellowship Phase.
Gavin, since you're basically coming into this fresh, though you and Moriel are acquainted, I'm going to run the basic list and we'll go from there, k?
- Go to the Market Pool ~ When spending a Fellowship phase in Lake-town, choose this undertaking and spend 2 Treasure to gain an item at +1, or 4 Treasure for a +2 bonus to one of the following:
- Find a goldsmith to have precious stones set into your sword’s hilt, or gold wrought into a chain, torque, ring, or other piece of jewellery. Gain a bonus to Awe.
- Visit an ironmonger or a woodwright to buy fine tools appropriate to your favourite trade. Gain a bonus to Craft.
- Buy a musical instrument of superior make, be it a fiddle, a flute, a drum or a viol, or visit a master luthier to build you a new harp or lyre. Gain a bonus to Song.
- Learn how to prepare salves and healing herbs and acquire the necessary materials from a hospital healer. Gain a bonus to Healing.
- Buy robust rope, walking staves, comfortable sleeping cots and a regular supply of cram from a baker (biscuits the Lake-men prepare for long journeys). Gain a bonus to Travel.
- Visit the shop of a tailor or shoemaker to have a rich dress or a pair of quality shoes made. Gain a bonus to Courtesy.
- Search the market to find a rare book or old map, or parchment, quills and ink for you to write. Gain a bonus to Lore.
- See a master hunter to get all you need for your hunting exploits. Gain a bonus to Hunting.
- Open New Sanctuary ~ In the course of their exploration of Wilderland, the company of adventurers will sooner or later find new places they might consider suitable for resting during a Fellowship phase. If, during an Adventuring phase the company has entered a location and has established friendly relations with its denizens, they can make it a sanctuary, securing permission to enter it regularly to spend a Fellowship phase there.
- Write a Song ~ See Rivendell Pages 23-4 for more information.
Slim pickin's this time around. Sorry about that, there's normally a lot more to choose from.
Once you have decided which undertaking you wish to embark on, please post your plan in your character’s journal thread, so I can update your character sheet. If a second Fellowship Phase Undertaking is to be allowed, I will determine that and let you know so you can make a second choice from this same list. For your Fellowship Phase Undertaking(s), if you would like to write a story in your character's journal thread about what they did for the phase, according to your understanding of it, may also benefit them with extra experience. As always, if you have questions about clarifying one or more undertakings, post them in this thread and let’s get out the bugs. Also, if you have an idea you glean inspiration from one of these undertakings for, write it up or let’s discuss it and I’ll see what can be done to alter the existing undertaking, or create a new one just for you; all of the existing FPUs are easy examples, but more can always be created.