Éadnes Andwiltan of Mirkwood - Peter C.

If you have a character in our game, you will find their journal in this area, as well as some stickied threads near the top of the list for songs and stories. As well Player-heroes (PHs), as they are called in The One Ring, have some basic information here concerning how to build them. A journal means you have the opportunity to develop your character's depth to help you be able to get into them, even in a slow-flow forum-based setting such as our game. Have fun with it... using your journal and helping the group with songs may even lead you to gaining experience for posting about them.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: Éadnes Andwiltan of Mirkwood - Peter C.

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 07 Jul 2019, 14:39

Eadnes wrote:
07 Jul 2019, 11:57
Thank you but I don't think I have the weight of Tolkien.
LoreMaster Note Yet, for all that influenced his writing, he was still a day-to-day person, like you or I. Have you read "J.R.R. Tolkien" by Humphrey Carpenter? I am a little more than halfway through the book -unfortunately, I'm a slow reader- and I find myself having a great deal in common with the man, and I think all common men would. I recognize parts of Carpenter's writing for what they are, not for what Carpenter makes them; for example, I believe the Professor suffered form Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, as I do, but he was able to bury himself in his profound Catholic faith, in all of the business he tended to day-after-day, in staying more clear of Edith and his children, despite how much he loved them, as he did, and engrossing himself in not only his own writing but in being constructive in the writing of others and other projects. I would not say that he hid himself away from everyone, but he also knew that, after the battle of the Somme, he would never be the same, again, and so purposed to work himself to death. What the author, and others around Tolkien saw as oddities of mind, memory, and thought I know under a different guise.

Just understand, my friend, your writing is superb and I always look forward to reading what you have to write. Thank you for sharing it with me, with all of us.

~Paul
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Available XP at present

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Oct 2019, 21:43

Pete,

You have managed to earn quite a few experience points for expenditure, if you desire. You may increase one of the following and here are the things available for you to spend it on...
  • either Awareness or Lore to Rank 4, costing the 4 points you have in either skill plus 8 general XP, leaving 0 remaining;

• either Craft or Travel to Rank 2 for 7 general XP, leaving 1 remaining;

• either Healing, Persuade, or Search to Rank 2, costing 1 point in the skill plus 6 general XP, leaving 2 remaining;

• Hunting to Rank 2 for 7 general XP, leaving 1 remaining;

• either Inspire or Riddle to Rank 1, costing 4 general, leaving 4 remaining. Of course, you could increase both of these for 4 general each, leaving 0 remaining;

• Dagger to Rank 2 for 8 general XP, leaving 0 remaining.

Again, you are not required to spend anything, this is just giving you options if you would like to.
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 7
Stealth APs: 8
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Eadnes » 14 Oct 2019, 13:13

Hi Paul,

I think I will go for Healing thank you.

Peter
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 14 Oct 2019, 17:35

Alright, my friend, I'll have to edit that in a bit later... likely late tonight or some time tomorrow. ~ DONE. I'll upload at the appropriate time.