the Eagle (Ellisidil) of Wilderland - Dan F

If you have a character in our game, you will find their journal in this area, as well as some stickied threads near the top of the list for songs and stories. As well Player-heroes (PHs), as they are called in The One Ring, have some basic information here concerning how to build them. A journal means you have the opportunity to develop your character's depth to help you be able to get into them, even in a slow-flow forum-based setting such as our game. Have fun with it... using your journal and helping the group with songs may even lead you to gaining experience for posting about them.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: the Eagle (Ellisidil) of Wilderland - Dan F

Unread post by Ellisidil » 07 Apr 2019, 16:54

After reading it more than just the once, I got it. That is why I asked the other question and received my answer But thanks
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Apr 2019, 09:07

Paul, whenever you are ready I am as well, I will be in roll 20 and open for awhile...doing other things, but I will still be in there
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Apr 2019, 11:32

Dan, I am so very sorry if I missed you, this morning. The VA took forever, it was almost 9 before I had my appointment, a half-hour late, and then I tried to get into the sick call and it took them nearly an hour to figure out I wouldn't be able to see anyone, there, and then they offered me my own Doctor, who is a moron of massive proportions, but told me I would be waiting into the early afternoon. I just came home after that.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 13 Apr 2019, 14:36

I can't believe how long I've been sick, this week, and I'm still pretty weak... but, I can't postpone the game any longer...

You can learn some basics about the sword, that it was awarded to a loyal Éothéod family long before the time of Eorl the Young. That much I've told you, before. You can describe what you already know to Munin and/or one of his helpers and they can point you in the right direction, where you can find out that the family was alive around two-centuries prior to Eorl the Young, leaving the Northern Anduin Vales to fight with the folk of Gondor. Twenty-four such swords were made by the King of that time, Énthelás, after a massive campaign in which close to five-hundred of the Éothéod died defending their lands from the Goblin lair of Mount Gundabad. The Men and Women whom had distinguished themselves were named Protectors of the lands of the Éothéod, given border-lands to continue protecting the main lands, and awarded both a Sword and a Shield with the Lion's head of the heraldry of Énthelás' family. This makes the sword more than six centuries old. The family awarded is not recorded; many names and family histories before T.A. 2600 are not accounted outside of the Elves, only great battles and deeds. You find nothing, therefore, concerning any great deeds of the sword and/or shield from that point forward.

You already know, as well, the craftsmanship of the blade and shield equals that of the Dwarves of the present age, though that's not saying much since a great deal of the knowledge of making things has been lost in the past twenty centuries.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 13 Apr 2019, 19:26

Time to think and then respond...