Out-Of-Character: Starting Again January 2014

The words Goe Orthrond are Sindarin Elvish for Kaer of Terror. Though it may be some time in coming, you will eventually see Goe Orthrond, and have compelling reasons WHY you SHOULD see it. For those who are part of the campaign and want to play, and for those who simply want to read, come in and do so. However, lurkers, please do not post on this forum topic? The rest of the forums are open to you, however. Nin egleria mellyn a suillanad.
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Out-Of-Character: Starting Again January 2014

Unread post by Tithenon » 24 Dec 2014, 21:12

[center]Old Game, New Posting Rules?[/center]
I'm writing this to see who, out of those of you who have received this, might be interested in continuing the Warhammer campaign; if you've not played, before, you are invited, but please ensure you read this posting rules proposal, first? For those who have told me they might not be able to continue with the game, please let us know, anyway, if you have an interest in playing, anyway, as this is a courtesy call. To clarify, the game rules we have played under, before, would remain in place, per the following rules page. The changes I am proposing are simply in the posting rules, as follows...

I have always more or less demanded that each person in the party post at least once every 72 hours, so we could keep the game rolling, but that is impossible to make happen. Most players will not make the time to post once every three days, even if they claim that they love to play the game, so having a scheduled posting time is no good. I have also come to the understanding that, even with my life being in a better place, my time is at a premium, and this is true for all of us, even the most dedicated amongst us. We have tried all manner of posting requirements before, and none of them have worked; so, how about removing the requirements? This might make it possible for me to keep up with the game, as well, if there are no specific guidelines to posting times.

Here's what I'm thinking...
  1. If you want to post more often than others, do so at your leisure, including longer posts for story elements, etc.,
  2. I will respond with situations -including combat- that are as fluid as I can make them, and will write at my leisure, including longer posts, as well, when I have an opportunity to do so,
  3. For those who are in the game, even if you don't post often, when action parts come up, or something you think you can do through your character, you can post an act to help the party,
    1. For combat purposes, I will base enemy combatant difficulty and numbers off of presently available players and, if more players decide to act with their characters, I will adjust that difficulty and/or those numbers accordingly. However, ALL Player Characters are considered to be in the combat, meaning if an NPC opponent gets free of their PC target, they will attack the closest, or a random PC whose player has not been in the game, and the best defense for that PC will be more-or-less generic dice rolls. Yes, this means your character can die in the combat, if you're not paying attention, I select the actions your character will take, what talents and/or skills they will use, and you will not make your own dice rolls.
    2. Experience, loot distribution, and anything else that is a party dividend will go ONLY to the active Players from any part of the game, and that means significant input in the situation has to be made, and all Player Character subplots, unless they are absolutely necessary to the game, for non-available PCs will be ignored. All in all, PCs not represented by a Player become pogey bait for monsters, but not until PCs are incapacitated or dead.
  4. This also means that not everyone is required to post regularly to keep the game going, but also that players who like to post regularly will be able to.
The potential major problem with this is players hoping for interactions with others in the group who do not, normally, represent their character.

It has become apparent that the Torg RPG was being much less than successful, and the desire to return to Warhammer was stronger than I thought. If I have come to this conclusion incorrectly, please feel free to let me know. I would, eventually, like to finish the Torg adventure we were in the midst of, as well, but Warhammer has always been a favorite of mine, and I would like to keep going on the storyline we've been working, and move on even deeper to that game. It's been going, off and on, for eleven years, and there's been a lot of fun to be had; now that my life is getting back to a better stead, we're coming out of major difficulties we've had, before, and there is no more legal to work on, I think it might be time to get back on the road with this game.

So, let me know what you think about the possibility of doing this, please? Leave any comments, concerns, positive or negative reactions to this idea, below.
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Out-Of-Character: Starting Again January 2014

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 24 Dec 2014, 22:17

I think I'd like to come back. Grimgrund Flamehammer is gettin' a wee bit bored, and his axe is thirsty >:D
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
ArBes-Onna
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)

Unread post by ArBes-Onna » 25 Dec 2014, 06:14

I am In Sir!

I am good with the posting rule change as well. Just shoot a note when we are ready to kick it off and I will be there!!!!
I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor
(The bones of our foes will gleam in the sun)
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 25 Dec 2014, 12:32

Merry Christmas, you two; that's amazing. I'm glad to hear from you both. I don't have an exact time table, right now, but what I do have is the next ten days off; Boeing shutters its plants every year, beginning on Christmas Eve, until the beginning of the New Year, ten days, so there's no work for me. So, there's extra time to work on this.
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 26 Dec 2014, 18:22

I'm not very interested in role playing games anymore, so I'm going to decline.
Card Pool
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 26 Dec 2014, 19:22

Dr Random wrote:I'm not very interested in role playing games anymore, so I'm going to decline.
<feigns heart attack> "Oh, Elizabeth, I'm comin' to join ya, honey!" </feigns>
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
ArBes-Onna
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)

Unread post by ArBes-Onna » 31 Dec 2014, 13:00

As requested, I am in if we start up again.

Happy New Year my friend!

PS....I like the new background and Theme.....seems to load quicker and easier on my old eyes!
I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor
(The bones of our foes will gleam in the sun)
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 31 Dec 2014, 14:10

Oh, I know about you and Gavin, good sir, I know you're both in. Thank you.

In fact, this is an excellent time to say HAPPY 2015!!!. I hope it's awesome for everyone!
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)
Master Thief (Third Career)

Unread post by Claudia » 02 Jan 2015, 05:41

Hi all.

Happy new year to you all hope 2015 is a great year.

Yes count me in for warhammer :)

Gavin
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 02 Jan 2015, 12:36

Rock on! And Happy New Year to you, as well. I wonder if Jason is in, as well? Anyone who received the email would be welcome, but I know Jason in particular was enjoying the game. He as a fourth, and another as a fifth would be enough, for sure.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Ltan_honorsmitter
Journeyman Runesmith (Second Career)
Journeyman Runesmith (Second Career)

Unread post by Ltan_honorsmitter » 05 Jan 2015, 00:37

Hey Paul... As I stated towards TORG, my time is very limited this year. New projects at work and other things are taking up a good chunk of life.

With that said, I am much more excited about Warhammer than I was about TORG, so count me in as well
Spoiler: show
My speech colors are:
#9c2c8d for speech to others
and
#2c9c78 for talking to myself in my noggin'
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 05 Jan 2015, 11:06

Fantastic!!! I'm really glad to hear that.

I apologize that the Torg game wasn't to anyone's liking, but I really did need the break from Warhammer for a bit. I wanted to play something, but it had to be something simpler than Warhammer, which is hard to find, because of school and how life was going for the boys and I, so I chose Torg. It really IS a fantastic game, but I think it's also really one of those that HAS to be played on a tabletop.

Just so everyone knows, though, we're not finished with the adventure, there, and I really do hate to leave anything undone.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 25 Jan 2015, 23:07

Here's the new XP chart I'll be using for each thread/session to gage experience points for all of you. There's plenty of room for five additional players, not that we would ever make it to a total of ten, but that's plenty of spaces, anyway, I think. Without further adieu...
Online RP XP Tracker.pdf
As always, if you have any questions concerning the game, ask me and I'll answer them as soon as possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules