Before the Dawn ~ Act Three (It's Always Darkest...)

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Before the Dawn ~ Act Three (It's Always Darkest...)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 20 Jan 2014, 23:33

Jack staggered back to the console at the same time as eltee.

"You work this thing out ive got your back" jack said standing guard with his grenade gun.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 21 Jan 2014, 06:30

Out-of-Character Alright, my friends, I will have to answer this once I get home. Jury duty selection, this morning, so it could be two hours from now, or it could be this evening, some time. I forgot about it until LATE last night, so I'm the only one to blame. My apologies, and I will answer as soon as I am able.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Jan 2014, 09:12

Out-of-Character School and real-life are getting in the way of my game... I'll try again, this afternoon.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 22 Jan 2014, 11:17

LIES!!!! I demand justice!! I will see heads roll!! Just kidding, get your RL taken care or then get back here!
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Jan 2014, 18:19

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character So what I would like to do is at the least block. I would love a block/parry, but Ithink with the fatigue of moving, and the latest explosion that all I could realisticly do is block. Therefore... Off to block!

Torg Die Roller = 12

Hrmm... I honestly don't remember if the attack of the skeletons was ever divulged to us or not. As it stands, Iam not confident that the above roll will allow me to escape completely clean so...
GameMaster Note No, I did not tell you about the roll for your Skeleton. However, with the expenditure of the Possibility and the subsequent roll total of 26, giving you a bonus of +9, you manage to step aside the Skeleton, and I will have sent you your new card by the time I post this...
I will, if successful in getting up, use my alertness card to get the remaining clue I need to get this darn machine figured and off/reversed. I will also use my hero card to gain an extra possibility for the roll to do such.

For a roll total of 36. Which is +11 bonus modifier. Weird Science of 9(mind) +1 =10. For a total of 46.
The Infernal Machine nearing the point where the Earth would soon swallow it up, Eltee rose to his heavy booted feet, adjusted his helmet and harness, and made his way, as swiftly as the water would allow him, to the ancient Weird Science device, where he knelt, swiftly examining the controls and, as if he could slap himself in the forehead for not seeing the solution all along, flicked the final switch that would return all of Earth's Possibilities to it.

His suit suddenly became somewhat heavier, though barely noticeable, and he watched as the Skeleton, now visible over the sunken console, he had been fighting moments ago, stood forward, yet again. However, something was entirely wrong this time, a look of confusion -if that was even possible-, crossing its face, the red within its eyes completely extinguished, now, and it tried to run, moving its legs as if stuck in the mud, however, and going nowhere.
Matthias, once your buddy misses you by a mile, and Eltee throws the large lever on the Infernal Machine, it seems reality changes drastically all around you, the skeleton facing off with you turning away from you and the ship and attempting to run away.

Within moments, as the Possibility energy explodes outward in what might only be described as a red, purple, and blue lightning haze, so rapidly you see the wave of it for mere seconds before it's gone, you then watch as the skeletons begin to disintegrate in a hail of bones, mottled, torn, and complete worn clothing, and are sucked into the Infernal Machine, as it continues to sink. Another moment passes and you find yourselves in a totally obscuring cloud of sand and debris from the vessel, the Machine, and the sea floor covered with all manner of plant life.
Detective Pepper, just as you're working to see what's bumping against the side of the Seaplane, the air around you suddenly comes to life, in the haze I spoke of minutes ago, and then is gone just as rapidly. Looking out, you watch as the sea calms, the clouds surrounding the crash site disperse quickly, and the sun shines happily on the ocean and the skin of the Seaplane.
GameMaster Note Do you guys have any questions before I conclude things for this adventure? If it's about your cards, hang on, and I'll get to them; DO NOT delete them. Experience is coming, by the way, but it will be on your character sheets.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Jan 2014, 18:46

Palace of the Tenth Empire of the Nile
Chamber of the Dead, Sarcophogi of the Pharoah's
Four Days Ago
Mobius, perplexed, stepped away from his Darkness Device. He examined the thread that led to the realm of Orrorsh, running his gloved hand over its stone surface. The hieroglyphics carved into the smooth stone praised his power and dominion in a thousand different ways. Then the praises started again, curving up to where the thread faded in mid air.

"I do not understand," Mobius said aloud. He turned to address the six sarcophagi of the previous pharaohs of Egypt which rested at the base of the Device. "Why does not my loyal servant return from Orrorsh realm? Why does not the Gaunt Man answer my request for an audience?"

"Perhaps, Pharaoh," replied the ravagon as it entered the vast chamber, "the Torg would grant your request if he were able. But his most-trusted lieutenant, Thratchen, sends his greetings."

"I told you and your kind never to enter this room!" Mobius raged at the winged demon.

"A thousand pardons, High Lord," the ravagon said in mock regret. "I assumed you would want the information that I have brought. But if I disturb you ..." The ravagon let the sentence hang unfinished as he turned to leave.

"Wait," Mobius commanded. "What news have you brought?"

"Just this. The Torg has taken a short trip, as he is wont to do. During his absence, he has left Thratchen to oversee the realm. Thratchen says to carry on with your work, and leave him to carry on with his."

The Gaunt Man is away? At this critical moment? Well, thought Mobius, then perhaps the time is right for me to put my plan in motion ...

"Summon Professor Shariff," Mobius called, striding from the chamber. There was work to be done.
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 23 Jan 2014, 07:54

Alex stands, dazed by the wave of air that had passed. Seeing the seas begin to calm, he snaps out of it and continues to help pull Random back to the boat. He rushes to the radio and begins speaking to the others below.

"You've done it! Everything's calming down up here. How's everything looking on your end?"
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Matthias
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Matthias » 23 Jan 2014, 08:20

Out-of-Character Roger that Paul. I will update my cards tonight when I have a bit more free time and don't have a super looking over my shoulder trying to teach me things lol
Hearing the Pepper's voice over the comms takes longer for Matthias to comprehend than he realized. What was it that had just happened? Did the world end with that rainbow of colors that pulsated out from the area that Jack and Eltee were? What is going on up above? That was Pepper speaking wasn't it?

Confusion seemed to consume Matthias as the events corrected themselves and then put the order right in his mind. After things settled down Pepper's words rang back in his head.
Alexander Pepper wrote:"You've done it! Everything's calming down up here. How's everything looking on your end?"
"The initial resonse Pepper is yes, it is done. I am making my way towards Jack and Eltee now as they were at the machine. If they don't respond first, I will update as I find out more."

Making sure that he is not injured, or that his suit is not damaged, Matthias gets back to his feet and starts moving towards Jack.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 24 Jan 2014, 22:48

As the sand and detritus settles back to the ocean floor, each of the three of you see one-another... and only one-another. The hull of the ancient pirate vessel is all but completely blown out, timbers barely holding up the remainder of what use to be, the massive amidships mast continues to creak its way through ancient wood, perhaps a three-hundred years or so old, giving way to the mass of the behemoth. A Great White Shark swims by overhead, perhaps for the first time in weeks or, even, months, ignoring all of you as it searches for prey.

The last glow of the Infernal Machine strives to remain above the level of the sea bed as it is, instead, slowly buried under the severity of its own heat and mass, the light finally snuffed out moments later.

Your hearts pound within your suits, and you swear you can hear them through the waves of the sea, echoed back at you. Your blood pounds your ears, slowly beginning to subside, the adrenaline of being beset by the skeleton crew that was difficult to vanquish, and of needing to find a way to get the Earth to spin, again, under the most difficult of circumstances fresh in your body. Then, just as you are beginning to become used to the feeling of normality, again, your body begins to hurt in places, your exertions and the hits you took beneath the waves coming back, just now.

But, you look around, your handiwork evident, and you have some means of satisfaction. The pain coming will be worth it.

Once each of you, in turn, are ready, you kick in your rocket boots, over-inflate your suits, and begin the slow ascent back to the plane, following the lines attached to your suits, said lines no longer obstructed by the entry to the lower deck, which no longer exists. After nearly seven minutes of rising to the surface, you begin to see the bright sun, above, where clouds were moments ago; at ten minutes you bob above the water, several meters from the Seaplane, a welcome sight in and of its own. One of you comes around in time to help Detective Pepper and Captain LeFleur pull Doctor Random into the Catalina. Soon, you are all resting comfortably, getting out of your suits, having some of Dr. Mobius' fresh spring water, washing the taste of blood, bile, and sea water from your cake holes.

Then, pointing your Seaplane to the North-East, toward the Philippines, as you're thinking how happy you'll be to rest for a few days, there, then get back on your way home, you see the sun make its way above the horizon, and you know all is well, again. Although the Raiders remain, there is now hope for the future.
GameMaster Note Alright, gang, it's the end of Before the Dawn. I have posted most of your rewards, but not your card rewards. Please post them similarly to the example, below, that Jason was very gracious to put together for his character, Matthias. Yours does not need to look as good as his, though I certainly appreciate the work to make it this way, a simple list will do; you don't even have to have the links with them, if you don't want. Once you've posted your list of cards in this thread, or in your character's signature, feel free to delete them from your Hand and Pool areas. Please do this quickly... (more, below)

Obviously, this card go-round is not for McKinley Nix (our new character, joining us from the hand of Anthony B., a friend of mine and a member of the YouTube RPG Brigade).

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗
Action
Second Chance
Hero
╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗

Action
Second Chance
Hero
Presence
Willpower
Nemesis
Action
╚═══════════════════

Alright, I'm going to be sending out an update for the Possibility Wars in a few minutes, to everyone. If you do not feel as though you would like some depth to the world we're presently in, please read the email, but don't worry about clicking on any of the links within. It's honestly not that long of a read, and you can skip about half of what's there, as it's somewhat redundant.

Gentlemen, you put in some good work on this adventure. I know it's been somewhat confusing -a new game- and some of it's not been easy to figure out -I think in odd directions-, but you did a fantastic job, which is why all of you got full rewards. Hopefully, with the new way in which I'll be doing cards, at least unless/until you tell me you want to go back to the old way of doing things, and with having you only make dice rolls rather than figuring out your bonus #s, as well, it will allow you more time to be creative, thoughtful, and to write for your character, rather than pounding out stats.

I'm not going to ask you how you think this adventure went, though you're welcome to continue in our OOC thread, or start a new one, if you like, because we finally finished a complete adventure. It's been an extremely slow train getting here, but that's the nature of Play-by-Forum, I'm afraid. Thank you, again.

Alright, "A Wizard in the Wicket..." is coming, and I'll likely start it the afternoon or evening of January 31st, about a week from now, and you can begin posting on it immediately, or you can wait for some time during the weekend.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 25 Jan 2014, 06:02

I enjoyed it. I dont play modern themed games that often and this makes a nice change, just need to get my head round all the mechanics but getting there ;)

Paul are there any stipulations on Jack learning new languages.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 25 Jan 2014, 08:24

(OOC: That was a pretty cool ending to the adventure! Here are my hand cards, as per request, though I don't have any pool cards.

Adrenaline
Connection
Willpower
Opponent Fails

Can't wait for the next adventure!)
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 25 Jan 2014, 10:49

(OOC: I've already told my dad this, but I'm leaving the adventure. I'm a lot better at gaming when I can actually see what's going on, and I'm a lot better when its done in the normal play for about 10 hours at a time at a friends house and then stop until the next weekend or whenever. It was a good story I just couldn't follow along very well and the dice rolling is really weird.

Adrenaline
Haste
Drama
Second Chance

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 25 Jan 2014, 17:16

Jack_Jones wrote:I enjoyed it. I dont play modern themed games that often and this makes a nice change, just need to get my head round all the mechanics but getting there ;)

Paul are there any stipulations on Jack learning new languages.
Learning a skill, gaining the first Add in that skill, costs 2 Possibility points if you have a teacher, and 5 if you do not. Boldface and boldface italics skills in your list cost 5 with a teacher, and 10 without. Languages are Perception based, and they are boldface italics, and each skill is its own and has to be fairly specialized. So, without a teacher, it would cost 10 of your Possibilities to learn the first Add. After that, the cost of raising it is like any other skill.

Thank you for the compliment about the game, Gavin... I'm grateful. Hopefully, I can continue to provide better than I have. Less bitching from me, more creativity for us all, hehe.
Just to let you guys know... I'm not going to tell you, in the thread, how many Possibilities you have... you will have to figure that out by going to your character sheet. Were this your Warhammer Fantasy character, for those of you who also play there, I would need to tell you, as that sheet, as you know, is fairly big.
McKinley Nix
Novice
Novice

Unread post by McKinley Nix » 26 Jan 2014, 22:52

I am looking forward to interacting with those who survive downtime and the expenditure of 'XP,' in the next adventure: 'A Wizard in the Wicket.'

-Anthony
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 27 Jan 2014, 06:55

I am looking forward to, hopefully, tripping all of you up and/or surprising you in a place or two, I hope. Muwahahahahaha