Legend of Goe Orthrond Game Updates

The words Goe Orthrond are Sindarin Elvish for Kaer of Terror. Though it may be some time in coming, you will eventually see Goe Orthrond, and have compelling reasons WHY you SHOULD see it. For those who are part of the campaign and want to play, and for those who simply want to read, come in and do so. However, lurkers, please do not post on this forum topic? The rest of the forums are open to you, however. Nin egleria mellyn a suillanad.
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Legend of Goe Orthrond Game Updates

Unread post by Tithenon » 20 May 2013, 12:01

Alright, for some quick updates... (I was going to do these in the main game thread, but that just didn't make sense to me, so I've moved them here)

Alright, guys, we've been doing fair in our story-telling, if slow, thus far. Mark is back in the story, to complete our present quartet, even if intermittently -welcome back, Mark- which, hopefully, will soon become a sextet, though only one from the aforementioned group will be joining you soon enough, and the other once we move into the adventures. I am very much looking forward to this, by the way, and I hope it will launch a new decade of faster and stronger play for all of us. I just wanted to thank you all for sticking around with this game thus far; some excellent story-telling has been taking place, and I hope that will continue. Perhaps one day, as old men, we can get together, barbecue, drink beer (Gavin, you'll have to bring some, though, as American beer is watered down something awful, hehe), and swap our favorite tales. Okay, maybe that's a stretch... for now, muwahahahahahaha.

As mentioned concerning the one that will be joining you all, soon, I have asked my younger son, Kieran, to continue playing his Elven Ranger, Gaes-Er-Teal Greendale, though I am allowing Gavin to get away from playing his Magister, Ges-Rin-Thar Wisewind, and he is, instead, going to play a character that seems to suit him somewhat better, Grimgrund Flamehammer, a Dwarven Warrior. In order to replace the Magister in the party, and because Athaeis is gone -I promise to explain later- I am making a Human Magister of Azyr (the Celestial College), Ingwald Schreiber, nicknamed "Veldtmann"; his character packet is not yet done. I had thought to make a Priest of either Sigmar or Ulric, but I just don't get into cult types, for whatever reason. Who knows, perhaps down the road we'll find a Priest type. I am seriously thinking about inviting another long-time friend, a former member of Armageddon Unlimited, but also a long-time gamer, and see what he might be willing to do.

I've been trying to get the synopsis pages on the web site updated, but I'm really having difficulty getting into that. If anyone else would like to take a stab at that, please let me know? I'll go ahead and upload what I've written thus far and, if you decide to help me out with this, you will of course receive credit for doing so, and potentially more, as well. The most current page is at http://www.wolvesau.net/wh/goe_orthrond ... edding.php . Have fun with that, now, y'hear?

Please answer the question posted, above, as it will determine where we go with the story from here? We'll be stopping in Quenelles, and you MAY have an opportunity to do some shopping for trappings you'll need, and then we have to stop in Athel Loren for a short bit, and then we'll be on to adventures. I'm trying to find one I'm missing, right now, though I don't think I really need it for what I have planned.
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)
Master Thief (Third Career)

Re: Legend of Goe Orthrond Game Updates

Unread post by Claudia » 21 May 2013, 11:01

I'm happy to fast forward the court drama. Just a bit of an explanation of what happened :)
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)

Unread post by ArBes-Onna » 21 May 2013, 12:09

Out-of-Character Me Too! We can forgo the court RP with a synopsis of how it all came out.
I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor
(The bones of our foes will gleam in the sun)
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 21 May 2013, 16:21

Alright, I have you two... still looking forward to hearing from others, but I think we'll likely move forward, as I am in favor of that, as well.
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Smarty
Mercenary (Second Career)
Mercenary (Second Career)

Unread post by Smarty » 21 May 2013, 21:17

Sally forth...so sayeth Smarty
"If at first it don't fit, get a bigger hammer, if it still doesn't fit get the explosives," Smarty's favorite saying
Journeyman Runesmith (Second Career)
Journeyman Runesmith (Second Career)

Unread post by Ltan_honorsmitter » 22 May 2013, 00:05

I say move that clock forward some as well. Both for the game, and my head :'(

Also, I am getting ready to start my honey bee ale. Looks like this one won't be that watered down!
Spoiler: show
My speech colors are:
#9c2c8d for speech to others
and
#2c9c78 for talking to myself in my noggin'
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 22 May 2013, 00:55

Ltan_honorsmitter wrote:Also, I am getting ready to start my honey bee ale. Looks like this one won't be that watered down!
Very cool! I hope this batch turns out good for you. Do you think they will ever help you with your storm headaches?

Alright, guys, I'll try to get up in about 7 hours and write the story further. The next few days may be busy with appointments and school prep, so I may have to write these in small installments, k?

You WILL get a chance to do some shopping, so please get your lists ready... we will probably do this informally, rather than bartering, so unless you want to role-play shopping, don't be disappointed with the curt, very rulesy way this will happen, k?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
ArBes-Onna
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)

Unread post by ArBes-Onna » 22 May 2013, 09:41

Out-of-Character My Internet is back up! WooHoo!!!! Sorry just had to share that little tid-bit. Paul, sorry I missed you guys yesterday, was messing with this thing until after two, then ended up doing yard work...ughh! Anyway, I am good with shopping "by the rules" so to speak. I don't really need too much anyway, just a replenish on arrows and maybe a few other things. I will look at my sheet and let you know when we get there. I will be out again today, doctor and yet another trip to Lowes then I will be back online late this afternoon!
I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor
(The bones of our foes will gleam in the sun)
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 22 May 2013, 15:20

That sounds great, Mark.

I have to offer all of you an apology for not moving the story forward, this morning. I forgot about an appointment and, by the time I would have been able to write the story, I was walking out the door for it. Unfortunately, now my brain is drained and there's entirely too much noise to write, though perhaps this evening, and again tomorrow morning, I can.

If, somehow, my head clears up and I get a second wind, I can put something together earlier.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 22 May 2013, 16:21

I am looking through more videos on YouTube from another RPG Brigade member, Runeslinger, whose channel is called Casting Shadows, and one of the videos I've seen is something I've always wanted to enact, again and again. For my part, I believe it's happened twice in all of my gaming career, and it's somewhat outlined in this video... immersion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPwmwoVbpQ

Feel free to take a look and give me your thoughts and feelings on this, please?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 23 May 2013, 13:20

As you've likely been able to tell, already, I have not posted anything in the main thread. I started coming down with something yesterday afternoon and, when I woke up this morning, I was utterly miserable. I took some C, some Echinacea, some multi-symptom cold medicine, and put my backside in bed. I just wake up about 20 minutes ago, and it's 12:20 in the afternoon... I haven't had anything knock me for a loop like this for a long time, and the problem is I still feel like garbage and will not be posting, today. I won't be playing, anything but checking email and Facebook.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules