OOC: What Would You Like to See?

The words Goe Orthrond are Sindarin Elvish for Kaer of Terror. Though it may be some time in coming, you will eventually see Goe Orthrond, and have compelling reasons WHY you SHOULD see it. For those who are part of the campaign and want to play, and for those who simply want to read, come in and do so. However, lurkers, please do not post on this forum topic? The rest of the forums are open to you, however. Nin egleria mellyn a suillanad.
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

OOC: What Would You Like to See?

Unread post by Tithenon » 14 Apr 2013, 20:25

Alright, gang... I want to know, without any reservations, and don't worry about saving feelings if you normally would worry about that, what you want to see as we begin play in modules, after this current Quest?

Now, I know what I want to run, at least in the beginning, and I have a generic, flat plan for doing that, but I want to know if you're EXPECTING anything more, anything personal? You can PM me, you can write it here for a discussion, however you like.

I honestly look forward to reading what you're interested in, so please don't hold back? This can include what your feelings and knowledge of role-playing is, and how you believe things should work; I cannot learn, unless you let me know, please?
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)

Re: OOC: What Would You Like to See?

Unread post by Claudia » 15 Apr 2013, 04:54

Hi Paul, I think you already looking into most of these, but here are my thoughts poured out on the page.

1, More action scenes and that doesnt have to be combat. Could be scenes where agility and quick reactions is needed. Escape or fleeing sequences.

2, Game pace needs to be carefully monitored - If we're (the players) not doing or adding anything then move the game along.

3, Trappings - Opportunities to gather trappings for current and future careers. Claudia desperately needs some pick lock tools :)

4, Possibly some additional recaps. Sometimes a lot can happen in a short number of posts. So the odd right just to recap this is whats happened and this is where and what you are all doing.

5, I think this would help me, but the others may like it too. Some drawings of room layouts, etc. It doesnt have to be anything grand it could be some coloured dots on a white background. But it would help me visualise where everyone else is in relation to me and any other things of note.

6, Additional active player. I think one of those should be a wizard

I hope that helps
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
Mercenary (Second Career)
Mercenary (Second Career)

Unread post by Smarty » 17 Apr 2013, 01:23

I think that most of Claudia's ideas are on mark. Other than that, I think it's going ok, if a little slow.
"If at first it don't fit, get a bigger hammer, if it still doesn't fit get the explosives," Smarty's favorite saying
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 17 Apr 2013, 09:50

Warning, wall-o-text incoming!!!
Claudia wrote:Hi Paul, I think you already looking into most of these, but here are my thoughts poured out on the page.

1, More action scenes and that doesnt have to be combat. Could be scenes where agility and quick reactions is needed. Escape or fleeing sequences.
I couldn't agree more. With moving to modules, I think you'll get that. The problem comes in that I have always felt it necessary to move with some manner of relative logic between points of conflict, whether they're actually combat, or some manner of escape, etc. I will try to better to integrate means of doing this.
2, Game pace needs to be carefully monitored - If we're (the players) not doing or adding anything then move the game along.
I try to do this, but it's supposed to be interactive, meaning it requires the input of everyone involved, here. In fact, I think this thread displays exactly what I have been dealing with for the past decade, namely that I put this thread up on the 14th, you responded about seven hours behind that, and then Brandon didn't answer until more than 48 hours after posting it. Mark hasn't answered because the internet where he's at has not been fixed, for whatever reason, and Jason hasn't answer, more than likely because of his work, which is demanding, at least.

If I, as the GM, am trying to develop a story, it's impossible to do so unless you guys are able to help me move the story forward, otherwise it's just writing a novel, and your characters would die without the awesome ideas you guys come up with to redirect the story or to thwart my evil plot, muwahahahahaha!!! With the typical first answer to any game post I make being thirteen hours after my original posting, it's impossible to keep the game moving with any decent pace whatsoever. Let's not even talk about follow-up posts after that, because the time is about 27 hours.

So, I'll do my best to deal with pacing, but I absolutely have to have input from you guys, and we have to deal with four people spread around the world, with your own times and schedules, so you can see this is REALLY hard to do. I end up turning into a big bitch because no one responds at all, and moving the story forward is just no good at those points, and as much as I try hard to restrain myself from doing it, I end up bitching and asking questions like, "Are you guys still interested in playing this game?"

As Brandon says, the game moves slowly, and I absolutely agree with both you and him, but I don't know what to do about it. I've tried introducing more action to the story, but the last three times I've done this posting has actually dropped to NOTHING, regardless of the time of day. So, if anything's going to be done about the timing, it's likely going to have to come from y'all's side. I'm not innocent in this, but I have been trying to keep you all informed of the problems I've been having with school and real life, perhaps painfully so, but it's informing.

Look, honestly, if any of you have any suggestions for being able to do this, I am all ears, because the few techniques I've researched from other PbF games and attempted to apply have all come to naught.
3, Trappings - Opportunities to gather trappings for current and future careers. Claudia desperately needs some pick lock tools :)
I've actually been trying to get opportunities set up for you guys to get what you need to move forward, but every time I do, we run into the time issue. I'm juggling seven spiral notebooks of information, right now: four for my classes in school, one for Ostomy Armor, one for my web sites, Excel file programming, etc., and a pick-up notebook. Unfortunately, except for the four I'm using for school, and even those are not inviolate, hehe, when I have an idea, something to write down, it goes into the nearest notebook I can find. What this means is that I write down my ideas for getting you the things you need to advance, but then the game gets bogged down by various means and I lose them.
4, Possibly some additional recaps. Sometimes a lot can happen in a short number of posts. So the odd right just to recap this is whats happened and this is where and what you are all doing.
I will try to do better with this. I tried something at the beginning of this newest thread, but I'm not certain what it is you're looking for. This is also why I try to keep your character's notes pages updated with those most important things, including links, so I'm not constantly running over the same territory all the time. The only thing I ask is that you guys review what's there, as well, please? Now, honestly, you guys seem to do well enough remembering what's happening at the present time, in the current thread, but it's the long-range items that have happened, or that your characters have been commissioned to do, where we seem to have the problem... hence the creation of the notes page.
5, I think this would help me, but the others may like it too. Some drawings of room layouts, etc. It doesnt have to be anything grand it could be some coloured dots on a white background. But it would help me visualise where everyone else is in relation to me and any other things of note.
This is something I used to do, though I've been having a hard time finding the desire to do it, since about 2008, actually. I have it in mind to get us involved in Roll 20, and I've had it in mind to have more maps, and I always feel guilty not having a map available, but frankly I just don't have the energy for anything in my life, anymore -I think I have something medically wrong with me, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or that other C word-, and I just have zero interest, these days. I was better off when I was in a severe spiraling depression, because then at least I was willing to fight and keep things moving. However, now I don't have any ability to afford to go to a Doctor and get checked out, I have no job and haven't for almost three years, and I'm either discriminated against because of my past, or because of my skills, and because of 50,000 regulations placed on businesses by non-elected bureaucrats, and because of this impending 2nd American Revolution, and I am simply exhausted. I go to bed at night, and I'm so tired -every night, now- that I am right off to sleep, and I get at least 7 hours every night, but if I don't wake up at 7 hours or thereabouts, I get sick, a really nasty headache, body aches, and I feel miserable all the time, as a result, so I don't think I'm sleeping very well. This affects EVERYTHING in my life, and I'm really tired of it.

However, if I don't complete school I can't get into a new line of work that will actually make really good use of my skills. If I drop this game, I feel miserable, and like a failure, because this is really truly one of the bloody few things I get to do that make me feel any better. If I drop life, for even just a few hours, I end up getting a lot further behind than I think and, when I catch up, I'm even more tired than I was before.

So, rest assured that I WANT to do maps, I WANT to show you guys where you are in relation to one-another, even give you the ability to move your own characters around, but right now it's an act of God just to write.

I know you didn't ask to know all of this stuff, and perhaps it's TL:DR, but I felt it necessary to explain where I am. I am extremely happy that my sons are home, and I know for a fact I am very far from where I need to be in order to retire, and yes having a full-time job would give me a sense of purpose, again, but I am depressed to my core, and I think I may be suffering from a chemical imbalance in my body that could be solved by a Doctor... oh, and I haven't even mentioned the age thing, yet, hehe.
6, Additional active player. I think one of those should be a wizard
Actually, Gavin has a fire mage, though I think he has another character he wants to play. Once you guys meet up, until the end of this present campaign, Gavin will play his mage; however, he wants to come and play Grimgrund, now, who is a favored Miner/Mercenary character he's really wanting to play. If he decides to go with Grimgrund, I will make another magister and run that, since we're looking at six people -if Kieran remains strong with the game like he says he wants to- already, and then I can really help you guys out, I hope.
I hope that helps
This has actually been an extremely immense help, Gavin, you just don't know. On all of these subjects, above, I will work to improve what I'm doing, but I make no guarantees, especially if it's impossible to keep you guys posting. I'm tired of having to drag the game out of each person, and I really wish the posting would simply continue. If a targeted player character doesn't make an answer, someone else make an answer. If nothing's going on, tell me that you're doing something and let's see what comes from that. Do like Smarty did with Ltan a few days ago, move to pick him up and brush him off, get slammed against a wall so you can make sure your buddy is still alive, and then drive on the way these Dwarves do. If I'm doing all of the work for the game, then we're not telling the story together, and you can't play a game together like that.

ps ~ Oh, yeah, let's not forget the disgusting effect disbanding AU, most likely for the very last time -especially since MechWarrior Online took a wrong turn at Albequerque-, has had on me. Something I worked for nearly 15 years to build has been destroyed, now, four times, but this time is different because it's the end. The first time was because I went to prison; David "Maverick" Khal tried to keep it alive, despite the Exec's reticence and outright laziness, but it collapsed within six months. The second time was because of betrayal at the hands of Rev and a Command & Staff who swore they agreed with and would follow and espouse the rules set forth in the unit, that we refined together and agreed on; of my Command & Staff, three went entirely against me, and two others just stood on the sidelines and let it happen. The third time was because MechWarrior 4s varied leagues, and support for the game overall, was waning badly. This last time was because I was likened to H it ler, and again those in the Command & Staff that helped me build the rules decided, on first encounter with someone among the ranks who was bitching about something small, collapsed and started yelling at me, failed to keep up their end of the bargain. So, enough is enough, but this enough has taken a terrible toll on me; far worse than I thought it would.
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Claudia

Unread post by Claudia » 17 Apr 2013, 17:33

Glad it heps

I thought the recap was a good touch certainly made me think about stuff

The map thing I totally agree you havent got time to put together map and massive diagrams. Do you have a scanner ?

Just sketch something on a piece of paper and scan the image. Upload it. Jobs a good'en.
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 17 Apr 2013, 17:35

Yeah, that's what I did with Mallery's Keep, was sketch something really quickly. I would love to get my desire back to do maps.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 22 Jun 2016, 01:12

I wonder, were I to successfully continue this game, using both Roll 20 and these forums, as I'm doing in concert for my current The One Ring RPG, would anyone be interested in continuing our game? Gavin, I know you've begun running WFRP for both the old Empire campaign and the new Paths of the Damned adventures, but there are many other adventures to be had.

If anyone thinks they could be interested down the road... say the beginning of 2017, let me know if you think that might be do'able, if there would be any interest, at all. We've left your characters hanging, and I hate that. The Legend of Goe Orthrond turned out to be a far longer campaign than I expected it ever would be, and it's been very difficult to keep up on it, but I hate leaving anything hanging, and I know most of you love your characters.

Anyway, please let me know? (PS - If you need me to reset your password, just let me know, please?)

Oh, I would also be keen to run a game where we can actually all get on Roll 20 and play with audio and video through Roll 20 or Google Hangouts.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules