Before the Dawn ~ Act Three (It's Always Darkest...)

Matthias
Novice
Novice

Re: Before the Dawn ~ Act Three (It's Always Darkest...)

Unread post by Matthias » 17 Jan 2014, 22:48

Out-of-Character Paul, I know that I said I would pay tonight. .. we lost our 11 year old golden retriever tonight suddenly to cancer.

Not much in the mood bud, sorry
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Jan 2014, 23:22

Out-of-Character Oh, Lord, I'm so very sorry to hear that. I know the horrid pain that can come with the loss of an animal, that it can be far more acute than losing a Human family member or friend. If you need some time, take it, and I'll handle things with Matthias until then, alright.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 18 Jan 2014, 08:57

Out-of-Character Alrighty. Here is my roll sir:

Torg Die Roller

Roll Total = 18 Bonus = 5

Die1 : 0 x10 + 2

Die2 : 1 x10 + 6
Feeling like the world has gone asunder, Matthias tries to correct his orientation as he sails through the water.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Jan 2014, 11:51

Matthias wrote:Feeling like the world has gone asunder, Matthias tries to correct his orientation as he sails through the water.
GameMaster Note All you needed was a 10 to right yourself, so you're good to go.

How's the family holding up?
Matthias managed to do what seemed natural, rather than panicking, and managed to put his feet not only back under him, but his legs in such a way they were slightly behind, managing to plant his left heel against a convenient rock, standing firm and recovering quickly to face off against the skeleton that had gone over the said only moments before. Looking around, he could see no sign of the other three, though he could look directly at the stark glow of the Infernal Machine, without impediment to vision, and at the Pirate Captain, staring back at him with no small amount of hatred in his eyes.

The Captain had been on his feet, already, but even as he took a step toward the sand to the side of its now completely wrecked pirate vessel, it faltered, anger outweighed by something more important, and turned its attention back to the prone lump of diving suit and bell laying at the opposite end of the hold from itself. More sure of its steps, and its purpose renewed, the Captain began moving toward Jack.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 18 Jan 2014, 12:14

Out-of-Character How fast is the Captain moving? How close is the Skeleton? Is there enough time for Matthias to not only reload, but attempt to fire the Spear Gun at the Captain to try and get its attention?

I think this will be vital for me to wait for the answer to where these two opponents are in relation to Matthias before I attempt to do anything else.

Things are ok. We have a birthday party for my recent 16-year-old, so that has kept us busy this morning. There are a few reminders that bring me to tears... Makes me feel like a sap, but regardless of how tough I try to be I loved that dog.

Alrighty, back to the regular schedule.

Simply because this has been somewhat discussed here, I now have a CAE Engineer position which simply means that I am a Computer Aided Engineering Engineer, which is close to redundant, and entails supporting Design Engineers with the software that they use. This goes from call desk type support, to programming new tools for them to use. Should be fun.. if not daunting.

Alright, I am being told that we are now leaving and I get to fall on the ice as we are ice skating now.
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 18 Jan 2014, 14:35

OK everyone, I will not be able to get to posting until this evening. I might be able to get to to it a little earlier but can make no promises. Paul is FINALLY being a nice guy...heheh, and letting me get my cards lined out since I suck at this game and I want to make sure I get everything correct instead of just a speedy post.

We now return you back to the regular posting schedule for the day.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 18 Jan 2014, 15:59

(I'm Re-Posting this because I don't know if it was caught the first time)

Alex quickly gets to his feet after the shockwave. He turns to Jacques and says, "This is taking quite a bit longer than expected. Is there any way we can help them further from up here?"

(OOC: Would I be able to tell that Random has been knocked out, or that he's floating to the surface? If so, I want to try pulling him back to the plane by his harness)
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 19 Jan 2014, 00:02

For the next round, I will be doing a "playing for the critical moment" action.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 19 Jan 2014, 02:25

One dex test to attempt to get up

2d10.extra(10) → [7,8] = (15) = +2
Dex attribute = 11

Total 13
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 19 Jan 2014, 12:57

GameMaster Note Alright, you guys can shoot me in the face, if you feel the need, I have no excuse for why I've not answered before this morning, almost this afternoon, at that. All I can do is offer my apologies, and drive on.
Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character How fast is the Captain moving? How close is the Skeleton? Is there enough time for Matthias to not only reload, but attempt to fire the Spear Gun at the Captain to try and get its attention?
GameMaster Note HOLY SMOKES! The Captain is not moving very fast, his footsteps deliberate and plodding, from your left to right, toward Jack, as far as you can tell. It is about forty feet from you.

The skeleton that went over the side with the Octi-Grenade explosion is, perhaps, a dozen feet from you, and will be able to engage you this coming round. You may want to concentrate on engaging the skeleton in this coming round, as you'll not have time to reload, methinks, unless you get a Flurry on the action line.
Out-of-Character I think this will be vital for me to wait for the answer to where these two opponents are in relation to Matthias before I attempt to do anything else.
GameMaster Note Well, you would have to wait for the coming round, anyway.
Out-of-Character There are a few reminders that bring me to tears... Makes me feel like a sap, but regardless of how tough I try to be I loved that dog.
Out-of-Character You are a Human being, not a Vulcan, not a rock. If you didn't continue to get emotional for some time to come, then I would worry. I still cry over Princess' death every so often. I held her paws until she died, and she stared into my eyes until it was time for her to shut hers. I'm getting emotional, even now. I believe, when she realized what was happening, it was like she took a deep breath, said a silent thank you to me, and then just stopped. It kills me every single time I think about that day. She was one of my oldest friends, and loved me with every last ounce of that tiny little body and that absolutely magnificently huge soul of hers.

Grieve, don't be angry about it.
Out-of-Character This goes from call desk type support, to programming new tools for them to use. Should be fun.. if not daunting.
Out-of-Character You're out from under the old boss, though, and you're in a position that will likely be an extremely good fit for you. Good deal and congratulations.
Out-of-Character Alex quickly gets to his feet after the shockwave. He turns to Jacques and says, "This is taking quite a bit longer than expected. Is there any way we can help them further from up here?"
"Unless you wish to suit up," he points to other available diving equipment, "I do not believe there is more to do."
(OOC: Would I be able to tell that Random has been knocked out, or that he's floating to the surface? If so, I want to try pulling him back to the plane by his harness)
GameMaster Note It's funny but, just as Jacques is finishing speaking, you hear a loud 'tink' against the airplane. Listening in, you hear it again, then a few seconds later, and more frequently. Immediately after you hear each 'tink', the plane, which has been rocking with the waves, rocks again with a wave.
GameMaster Note You'll need to do some research and determine what action you intend to take, and which cards you intend to play, from both your hand and pool, and then be able to outline all of that in your post for the next round, please? Don't forget, you still need to give me a roll for THIS round to be able to get up, k? I'm going to go ahead and begin the next round in a minute, but I'll count your roll as being for this round, to get up, k?

Speaking of the next, I will get it moving in just a minute.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 19 Jan 2014, 13:13

GameMaster Note
Action Stack, A3, S2, R6
Scene: Dramatic
Initiative: Hero
Hero Advantage: Fatigued (Disad; Each on side gain 2 Shock immediately)
Villain Advantage: None (No advantages or disadvantages this round)
Approved Action(s): Defend / Test. (Skeletons are immune to most social interactions, including Intimidate, Taunt, and Trick. Test of Wills can work, but it's going to be two steps harder.)
Dramatic Skill Resolution: D

Explanation: Your side has finally won the initiative. However, you have also run into the disadvantage of becoming fatigued, whether it is a result of moving around in the suits, again, or because of the Possibility explosion that has just taken place, or whatever you might bring to mind.

The Skeletons are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged this round.

The only Approved Action that will likely work is to defend yourselves. This is only true for Matthias at this point and, if you choose to defend with him, Jason, you'll gain a card for your hand, and if you defend successfully, you also get one for your pool.

Eltee and Jack, your last step for Dramatic Skill Resolution is before you. If Eltee succeeds at rising in turn 7 -remember, we're counting DOWN, here-, both of you can get to the console and have a chance to Play for the Critical Moment.

Matthias, the fight, this turn, is really only between you and the Skeleton on the sea floor, and he's moving toward you in order to attack. If you're going to defend, let me have your dice roll and I'll figure out the rest.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 20 Jan 2014, 11:48

Out-of-Character Alrighty.. So mister Skellie amnd me get to tango?

So what I would like to do is at the least block. I would love a block/parry, but Ithink with the fatigue of moving, and the latest explosion that all I could realisticly do is block. Therefore... Off to block!

Torg Die Roller

Roll Total = 12 Bonus = 0

Die1 : 0 x10 + 1

Die2 : 1 x10 + 1

Hrmm... I honestly don't remember if the attack of the skeletons was ever divulged to us or not. As it stands, Iam not confident that the above roll will allow me to escape completely clean so...

Possibility point - 1

Torg Die Roller

Roll Total = 14 Bonus = 1

Die1 : 0 x10 + 7

Die2 : 0 x10 + 7

Sigh.. hopefully enough as Idon't want to go lower on my points at the moment..
As the skeleton starts moving in for a strike, Matthias attempts to get Jack's attention over the comms.

"Jack! Get your backside moving! You have a nasty looking pissed off guy heading your way slowly for now..."
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 20 Jan 2014, 18:25

Out-of-Character I apologize, but schedules are not quite meeting among all of us. I have to wait for Brandon to post his roll to get up, as well as what he's going to do with his DSR version of Playing for the Critical Moment, which is actually known as a Last Ditch Effort, even though there's only one level left to the DSR, and it's actually available for this round.

I also need to see if Jack is going to heed your warning, Matthias, and either go after the Skeleton Captain, or get back to the Infernal Machine to try and help Eltee.
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 20 Jan 2014, 21:08

Here is my roll for to get up with.

Rolled on: Jan. 20, 2014, 7:23 p.m.

2d10.extra(10) → [8,9] = (17)
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 20 Jan 2014, 21:15

I will, if successful in getting up, use my alertness card to get the remaining clue I need to get this darn machine figured and off/reversed. I will also use my hero card to gain an extra possibility for the roll to do such.

Rolled on: Jan. 20, 2014, 7:27 p.m
2d10.extra(10) → [8,8] = (16)

Rolled on: Jan. 20, 2014, 7:28 p.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [9,[10, 1]] = (20)

For a roll total of 36. Which is +11 bonus modifier. Weird Science of 9(mind) +1 =10. For a total of 46.

I will do nothing but work on the machine, even to the point of getting swung on as before I started working I seen no immediate threat.