Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Aug 2013, 21:58

Before the Dawn
Act Two: Into the Empire of the Nile
Scene One: The Airbase

Standard
Date/Time: 2 July 2013 (just after midnight), 2 Months 25 Days into the Invasion, 6 Days into the Still World
Place: Egypt, Thebes, a secret airbase somewhere along the Nile
The Situation: (OOC: I'm sort of going to smash two things together, here... I want you guys to be able to take a look at the map...
Nile Base Map in Digger.jpg
... and try to formulate a plan, using Shariff's Journal and Herr Doktor Marlen's knowledge...
Shariff's Journal.pdf
... which is almost non-existant. He points to the guards and explains using funky sign language, almost charades, that there is, roughly, a battalion of guards, there, along with a PBY Seaplane and a French pilot. He says the map is not to scale, with the hangar and the canal entry to the Nile River much larger than what is displayed on the map. After all, a PBY Catalina Seaplane has a wingspan of 134-feet. The Doktor explains you will be arriving just after midnight local time, and that even with the Eye of Ra hovering over Egypt, you are going to run into some very cold temperatures, perhaps even a good deal of rain. He also explains the base is very temporary, more tents than structures, set up specifically for the mission just completed, and for the PBY Seaplane and her pilot to go after something he knows nothing about, except from what he's read from the journal.

However, I also want to get a basic description of your trip out of the way as much as possible. So, feel free to take a few days to discuss anything you think you might want to do, and then we're going to carry on with the act.)
For close to two days you have lived in the terribly humid sweltering heat of the digger, checking weapons, making plans, hatching ideas, and attempting to figure out how the Faberge Egg could, possibly, be a key. Herr Doktor Marlen has assured you that the machine will return where it is supposed to, but that the entrance is a secret, beneath Professor Shariff's quarters.
Out-of-Character Alright, guys, you know that the world has been stopped, basically, for the past six days, and that at least two forces on the planet, whether from another reality or not, are vying to obtain all of the Possibility Energy stored in a device somewhere on Earth. It would not be hard to come to the conclusion that whatever is stopping the Earth might require a LOT of Possibility Energy to do it and, thus, the stopping of the Earth, and the vying for this Energy can, with some pretty strong assurance, be linked.

I leave it to you guys to put the numbers together, connect the dots, and get more from this game in the doing, hehe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 23 Aug 2013, 17:24

Alex examines the egg, looking to find what is so special about it that Dr.Mobius wants it, and for that matter, why it is called a "key" in Sharrif's journal.
Out-of-Character Evidence Analysis: 15
Roll: [7,3] = (10) Bonus: -1
Total: 14
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 24 Aug 2013, 01:41

Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex examines the egg...
Out-of-Character Evidence Analysis: 15
Roll: [7,3] = (10) Bonus: -1
Total: 14
GameMaster Note You find a way to unlatch the egg around the middle, and it hinges open. Unfortunately, there is nothing inside it except the royal purple silk and the solid gold frame to hold it in place. It is no help at all, and does not appear to hold any sort of key whatsoever.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 24 Aug 2013, 01:49

"If we are to arrive in the darkness, I think we should move as quietly as possible, with little noise, if any. Facing a full Battalion of Shocktroopers will be very much different than facing the two squads in the Living Land.

"Shariff's journal says something about arranging for a plane to Indonesia, and we are going to an airbase, yes? It also says in a week's time, which means this Mobius is not due to show up until later today or early tomorrow. This should leave us time to find the pilot, the flight plans to Indonesia, and to go stop whatever Mobius is trying to take for himself, yes?

"Also, if the egg is the key to unlocking the world's energy, does that mean we have a chance at setting the world spinning, again? If so, then regardless of what we think this egg might be used for, and no matter what else we have to go through to complete the mission, we have to do this for our world, yes?" Elinore has been speaking in tones just loud enough to be heard over the roar of the engines and the screws digging rapidly through the Earth, almost as if in thought.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 24 Aug 2013, 10:19

Jack examined the map of the airbase whilst Elinore spoke. Looking up at her once she finished he nodded "We could indeed be bumping into this Mobias. And it does look like there is something going on in Indonesia which is linked to all these strange occurrences"

"If we want to get to Indonesia then looks like we have a few options. We either find this pilot and get him to take us there. Or we stow away on the plane and hitch a ride. Or we can get the flight plan and I can fly us there"

OOC - Paul does jack have knowledge of the plane having an air force background. Size etc.

"In any case we need to get into the base. Looking at this map, it would seem the whole base is well lit up. Approaching from any direction we will be seen. What we need is a power cut" Jack said with a smile.

"Ok what if one of us swims up the canal runway and then make there way to the generator room and cut the power. That will allow everyone else to enter under the cover of darkness. We could also use a distraction. Perhaps if one of those trucks caught fire then the shock troopers will be in chaos with the darkness and the fire to notice what we are doing. Especially if we're dressed up in the shock trooper outfits".

"Once we're inside we need to see if the pilot is in his quarters and I wouldn't mind seeing what is going on in that Special Projects area" Jack finished looking up at the others.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 24 Aug 2013, 11:43

Jack_Jones wrote:
Out-of-Character Paul does jack have knowledge of the plane having an air force background. Size etc.
GameMaster Note You know it's an older plane, from late World War I, though you don't really know all that much about it. Once inside, you could make a Difficult Air Vehicles total to figure out the controls, but it might take a while.
"Once we're inside we need to see if the pilot is in his quarters and I wouldn't mind seeing what is going on in that Special Projects area" Jack finished looking up at the others.
Herr Doktor Marlen, who has only come to see what you're all doing in the last few moments, responds to you after you express that thought,

"Spezielle Projekte? Wir werden in unter dem Special Projects Gebäude kommen." He puts his finger on the Special Project's Quarters part of that building, then holds his left hand palm-open and parallel to the ground, and then moves his right hand from his shoulder to underneath his left palm, then uses his first and index fingers to represent walking, moving them from beneath the open palm, as if walking above it.

"Das ist Ihr Weg in. Es ist ruhig und es wird Nacht Zeit. Wir werden in leise kommen, und Sie werden die Basis für Ihre Arbeit haben." He smiles at you each in turn, then returns to his controls and ensuring the vehicle moves about well.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 24 Aug 2013, 15:48

Jack smiled and gave a small chuckle

"Ha something I hadn't considered. Was where we was going to emerge from. If I'm getting the doctors hand gestures correctly then we will be coming up in the special projects area. We will be right inside the camp!".

"Ok so we need to find that pilot when we get there".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 24 Aug 2013, 17:32

Elinore's face changes to what you might consider to be thoughtful, and she explains,

"In all likelihood, even if Shariff could report back to Mobius, he still would not have had time to address us before the fight against he and his guards began. We are going to come in after midnight, and no one should be expecting us, I think.

"Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think we should find the pilot, and the map if we need to, row the plane out of the canal and into the Nile, and go. Since you seem to be the de facto leader of our band of misfits, how do you want to do things? I could go and set fire to the warehouse, here," she points to the lower-left corner of the map, "and then run back toward the hangar before anyone determines I am there. That should make it easy to get everyone out fighting the fire and keep their eyes off us, I think." She seems to look at you, Jack, for some guidance, or a nod of approval.

"On the other hand, we could just start a small war and see how things go?" She smiles as maliciously as her beautiful face will let her.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 24 Aug 2013, 22:55

GameMaster Note I'm going to go ahead and put you all into the base tomorrow morning. If there's anything else you need to do, let's please play it?
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 25 Aug 2013, 05:42

Jack nodded.

"Lets make the first priority finding this pilot. Once we know where we stand with him then lets set off the distraction".

"Elinore if you want to handle the distraction the thats fine by me. We might want to knock out the lights, so someone needs to get to the generator room" Jack said looking around the room at the other.

"Any volunteers? ".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 25 Aug 2013, 12:36

"I could go, it wouldn't be a "very" simple task but simple enough for me."
Card Pool
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 25 Aug 2013, 15:42

"Random you're the man to put out the lights. Ok sounds like we have a plan. Lights, distraction and interception......what could go wrong?".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 25 Aug 2013, 18:27

Out-of-Character I apologize for my silence. There was a bit of crap that came my way and put me into a funk. I am back now, and if Random doesn't want to be the guy to go, Matthias will.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 25 Aug 2013, 23:00

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character I apologize for my silence. There was a bit of crap that came my way and put me into a funk. I am back now, and if Random doesn't want to be the guy to go, Matthias will.
Out-of-Character Welcome back, senor. I hope things get better, my friend.
Roughly a minute before you come to an abrupt stop, you feel the machine begin rising to the surface. Herr Doktor Marlen gives you a cue moments before by grabbing onto a handle attached to the console. Once the machine comes to a rest, he rushes around adjusting dials, flicking switches, turning huge wheels and, in the end, slams a switch-handle downwards.

Before anyone can really stop him, Marlen is up the ladder, opening the hatch, and then is out into the darkness...
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 26 Aug 2013, 03:04

Matthias if you're up for it you and alex could speak to and get the pilot. Not sure whether we'll need to convince him or take him by gun point. You and alex can be good cop and bad cop if necessary.

Jack will check the plane make sure its not guarded and that its been fuelled.

Seeing the doctor scurry out of the digging machine Jack also climbs the ladder and makes his way outside.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama