Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 08 Sep 2013, 13:36

Jack gave a small laugh.

"Don't worry he's not going to fly us anywhere, but he will certainly be useful and he'll definitely be able to tell us how to start this bloody old bird".

With Alex's help Jack lifted the pilot on to decking next to the plane. If the pilot has still not woke then Jack will frisk the pilot in an attempt to find some ID or any other documents which might be of use

****like a hand guide on the plane or their flight plan :) *****

Jack then darts over to the water side cupped some water in his hands and then taking the water back to the pilot threw the contents over his face.

If the pilot still does not wake up then Jack will ask Alex to help get him into the plane and back to plan A to work out how to engage the engines.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 08 Sep 2013, 20:33

After helping Jack with the pilot, Alex takes out the papers that he took from the pilots office, and attempts to use whatever faint light he can to make out what they are.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 08 Sep 2013, 21:00

Jack_Jones wrote:With Alex's help Jack lifted the pilot on to decking next to the plane. If the pilot has still not woke then Jack will frisk the pilot in an attempt to find some ID or any other documents which might be of use.
GameMaster Note As you're handing him gently down to Alexander, you hear something of a splash as a leather pouch -large enough for quite a lot of A4 paper- falls into the canal next to the Seaplane's fuselage.
****like a hand guide on the plane or their flight plan :) *****
GameMaster Note He seems to be coming to as you're going through his pockets, and this is when the pouch falls into the canal, though he seems to slump back onto the platform you've placed him on.
Jack then darts over to the water side cupped some water in his hands and then taking the water back to the pilot threw the contents over his face.
GameMaster Note It takes quite a bit to get back aft of the engines and to the ramp into the water, but you can get some water fairly easily and get it back to the pilot, who begin spouting incoherent French!
If the pilot still does not wake up then Jack will ask Alex to help get him into the plane and back to plan A to work out how to engage the engines.
GameMaster Note Oh, you can wake him up, at least partially, but you might still wish to have help to get him into the plane. He is completely shit.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 08 Sep 2013, 22:59

Out-of-Character Lee has jumped ship, yet again.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 08 Sep 2013, 23:27

Out-of-Character And I have stopped getting past notifications, even though tapatalk :-/

I will catch up tomorrow. Not in the right state of mind tonight after making sure that my Home brew tastes good. ..

For the record, I might drink a 6 pack in a year o.0
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 09 Sep 2013, 01:15

As soon as Jack hears the pouch plop into the canal Jack will try to retrieve it. How deep is the canal or is it on or near the surface?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 09 Sep 2013, 09:13

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Alexander Pepper wrote:After helping Jack with the pilot, Alex takes out the papers that he took from the pilots office, and attempts to use whatever faint light he can to make out what they are.
GameMaster Note At about this time, the Warehouse explodes. You hear all manner of pattering on the roof of the hangar, above, sounding as if it were raining small steel pellets.

"What the hell was that?!?"
Looking around the hangar, Alex takes a head count.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Sep 2013, 12:20

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character And I have stopped getting past notifications, even though tapatalk :-/
Out-of-Character This might be my fault, actually. I haven't taken the time -even though I have had the time, so this is not an excuse or a decent reason, even- to update Tapatalk; for that, I apologize.
Out-of-Character I will catch up tomorrow. Not in the right state of mind tonight after making sure that my Home brew tastes good. ..

For the record, I might drink a 6 pack in a year o.0
Out-of-Character LOL. That skewed state of mind happens when you're making a home brew, LOL. I hope you didn't get up on the bad side, this morning.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Sep 2013, 12:25

Jack_Jones wrote:As soon as Jack hears the pouch plop into the canal Jack will try to retrieve it. How deep is the canal or is it on or near the surface?
Out-of-Character Amazingly, it's moving toward the Nile, at about two feet per minute. This is when you notice the plane is rocking against rope moorings. It is closer to the forward fuselage of the plane, about three feet down in the water -to allow easy access to the entry hatch to the plane- and five feet from the edge, against the fuselage. If you're looking to get wet, it's very likely you could get that pouch quickly, though there is another way...
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 09 Sep 2013, 17:33

Would it be possible to fish it out with one of the oars inside the plane?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Sep 2013, 17:45

Jack_Jones wrote:Would it be possible to fish it out with one of the oars inside the plane?
Out-of-Character The real question is... are you going to have time for that? Explosion, bad guys, guards most likely on the lookout, and you're not asking the right question; think environment. Try to take a mental picture of the area around you, from all that's been described, and give me an action and/or one or more questions. :)
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 10 Sep 2013, 02:15

Ok is there a way to get along side it from further down the plane? is there a pilots hatch/door inbthe cockpit. Could someone reach out and scoop it out of the water?

Guys a few things we need to do

Get the pilot on board
Untie the plane moorings
Find the plane battery
Get the pouch !!!
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 10 Sep 2013, 09:34

Out-of-Character If no one else does, although it would be nice for someone without the electronics in their head, wants to go for the pack Matthias will. Otherwise he will help get the pilot on board, remove the moorings, and then take up a defensive position at the door to try and lay cover for should anyone decide to attack.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 10 Sep 2013, 10:58

Jack_Jones wrote:Ok is there a way to get along side it from further down the plane? is there a pilots hatch/door inbthe cockpit. Could someone reach out and scoop it out of the water?

Guys a few things we need to do

Get the pilot on board
Untie the plane moorings
Find the plane battery
Get the pouch !!!
GameMaster Note Alright, you seem to have these things in order, now. The main hatch into the plane is aft of the engines, and the engines are mid-fuselage. There are a few pilot hatch/door's in the cockpit, but the nose sits too high to reach down into the water. The plane sits low enough in the canal, on its fuselage and pontoons, that someone should be able to reach the pouch and would only get wet from any spray caused by the engines as you're moving down the canal...

No, by the way, hehe, they did NOT just suddenly appear out of nowhere. No one's asked me to embellish on the description of the plane, hehe.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 11 Sep 2013, 12:59

Jack_Jones wrote:Guys a few things we need to do

Get the pilot on board
Untie the plane moorings
Find the plane battery
Get the pouch !!!
GameMaster Note Check, the pilot is on-board and you get him strapped into a seat.

Check, the moorings are relatively easy, as they're on the ramp around the aft and sides of the Seaplane.

Check, you see a butterfly-fastener-fastened box right at the middle step up into the cockpit. When you open that box, you find the battery, and the huge counter-clockwise connector. When you screw it into place on the massive battery, you see lights and instruments come to life in the cockpit, because you accidentally left the power switch in the on position -this is actually pretty common with aircraft, unless you're absolutely anal about making sure everything is in the off position when you park and switch off the plane.

Check, you drop into the water and move forward to collect the pouch, realizing on your way back that someone else may have been able to reach it after you had the engines turned on and were moving the Seaplane forward in the canal, and they could easily have grabbed it while the plane moved along, allowing the bag to remain roughly in place. You are now soaked from the mid-chest down.

Handing the bag to someone else for a moment, you grab something that resembles a towel, but smells like rubbing alcohol, and dry yourself off. You now do not have rubbing alcohol on you, but you sure do smell of rubbing alcohol. You take the pouch back and open it, spilling the contents on a nearby safety crash seat, such as the one the pilot is strapped into, and find out that, even with barely water-touched edges, everything seems to be in fine condition. You find a pilot's log, a set of three maps, including one world map and two more localized ones, a set of coordinates for refueling and time-distance changes to allow you to be close to landing strips on various islands as you travel East-Southeast.

Opening the maps one at a time, you see one is for the whole continent of Africa, with a stopping point right before reaching the Indian Ocean at far-east Ethiopia, then another at Oman, a third stop near Christmas Island, most likely the mid-point refuel, one in Borneo, and a final stop in the Pacific Ocean off the east coast of that rather large island.

The next thing is to complete the plane's preparation, get everyone put together on-board, and get the Seaplane moving.