Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 04 Sep 2013, 20:21

Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex attempts to open the door as quietly as he can, slowly turning the knob and pushing lightly.
Out-of-Character It does squeak a bit, but it's not terribly loud, except to you in the darkness. You stop moving the door and listen for any signs from the towers or the adjoining rooms, and there seems to be no change. Taking it somewhat easy, anyway, you push the door the rest of the way open.

What you see is very much as I described to you in the earlier post, though there are more booze bottles than you saw, earlier, meaning you're really going to want to watch your step. One thing you don't see... is a pilot. Now, if you were an alcoholic pilot -who, typically, are class-A personality types-, where might you spend a lot of your time?

Just as you are contemplating this, Random succeeds and shuts down all of the power to the base.

Also does he manage to get access to the plane and cockpit. Just in case jack needs to fly us out of here :)
Out-of-Character You are lifting the hangar door, yes, but it's going to take about five minutes of cranking on this thing, all-told to get it open. You see the plane and, yes, the cargo door behind the starboard engine seems to be open, a dark spot against an otherwise silver plane.
I second this
Out-of-Character Thanks for all of the support, guys. I appreciate it. I'm ready to get moving on this again, though.

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? If you suggest courses of action, please let me know what you want to do, and any accompanying dice that go with it?
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 04 Sep 2013, 20:31

Alex looks around the room quickly as the lights shut down, trying to adjust quickly to the darkness, then grabs as many maps and important papers as he can carry in his trench coat pockets.

He turns to Matthias saying,"We'd better get back to them before things get too hectic. You're a better shot than me, so you should take lead."
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 05 Sep 2013, 17:53

Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex looks around the room quickly as the lights shut down, trying to adjust quickly to the darkness, then grabs as many maps and important papers as he can carry in his trench coat pockets.
GameMaster Note Remind me about all of these when you get a chance to look through them, please, and I'll try to determine what information you have, k? I'm leaving it up to you to remember this, k?
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 06 Sep 2013, 08:26

Alexander Pepper wrote:
He turns to Matthias saying,"We'd better get back to them before things get too hectic. You're a better shot than me, so you should take lead."
Out-of-Character Hmmmm.... to my understanding. .. the better shot is last to return fire in the enemies who take shots at the lead runner. .. just saying:smile:
Glancing at Alex, Matthias nods once then whispers, "We will swing by the hangar at collect Jack first, it help him which ever is needed"

Taking a peek out of the door, Matthias sets off only if it appears safe to do so towards the hangar.
Last edited by Matthias on 06 Sep 2013, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 06 Sep 2013, 09:14

Once inside the plane Jack gave the antiquated controls an inspection. Looking for one key element. Fuel. Jack hope the plane was fuelled or this might be a short ride.

Jack looked for the dial with his torch whilst looking for the controls that activated the engines or in this case the propellers.

Whilst looking for the controls jack thought he saw the hangar door open and someone come in. Killing the light to the torch Jack climbed back to the cargo door and peered out with one hand on his beretta.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 06 Sep 2013, 09:41

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character Hmmmm.... to my understanding. .. the better shot is last to return fire in the enemies who take shots at the lead runner. .. just saying:smile:
Out-of-Character LOL... fortunately, it's dark.
Glancing at Alex, Matthias moss one then whispers, "We will swing by the hangar at collect Jack first, it help him which ever is needed"

Taking a peek out of the door, Matthias sets off only if it appears safe to do so towards the hangar.
Out-of-Character I think technology is really neat, Jason, you know I do... but, I would really rather prefer you use a real keyboard, LOL.

Jack looked for the dial with his torch whilst looking for the controls that activated the engines or in this case the propellers.

Whilst looking for the controls jack thought he saw the hangar door open and someone come in. Killing the light to the torch Jack climbed back to the cargo door and peered out with one hand on his beretta.
Out-of-Character Matthias and Alexander would have come in while you were still cranking the door up; I'm telling you, this door takes a really REALLY long time to open. I'm not kidding, it took my entire squad (7 guys) to open a hangar door like this in Bosnia over the course of nearly ten minutes. This door is in much better condition than that door was, but it still takes a while, hehe.

Now, you could have one or both Matthias and/or Alexander take over the door while you go to prep the plane, but do you still want to try and search for the pilot on-base?

As well, you begin to hear shouts around the base, some movement.
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 06 Sep 2013, 09:42

after I crush the generator I'm going to wait a couple minutes and then make my way to the hangar. announce myself as quietly as possible without being too quiet for an in range team member to hear so I don't look like a suspicious guard (I mean it is dark so I don't want to get attacked).
Card Pool
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 06 Sep 2013, 09:45

I turn the corner around the Pilot's Quarters, the Hangar in sight, as I begin to hear noise coming from the Officer's Quarters, directly across from the Hangar. If I'm going to make it there safely, I have to book, I know, so I break into a full-on sprint. Reaching the Hangar door, I go to push inside, hoping no one's opened the Officer's Quarters door, yet.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 06 Sep 2013, 10:07

Out-of-Character Okay, I guess we're going, hehe. It's all good. This is actually brilliant.
When you do get into the PBY Catalina Seaplane, one of the first things you see are a set of four long oars set in brackets on the wall. To the left, as you enter, you see two pallets stacked high with boxes and tied down with several ropes, each, almost the entire width of the fuselage. To the right, are some bench seats along the sides of the fuselage leading up to steps up into the integrated cockpit. Heavy cargo netting stretches most of the way from side-to-side and behind the pilot and co-pilot seats, separated in the middle for access to the cockpit.

Jack, you climb up there and begin your checks. There is no flight manual, no stickers or markings telling you where anything is. There are, however, two tintype pictures with corners caught underneath the Barometric Altimeter on the Pilot side, the right seat; one is of a very scruffy looking man in a bomber jacket and an aviator's cap with goggles resting above his eyes, in the middle of his forehead. His fists are on his hips and his head is adjusted high, a fierce look covering his face as he stares into the camera.

The other one is of a darker skinned woman, seemingly Turkish in origin, ugly as the day is long, naturally repulsive to the eyes, though she seems to have been twirling some of her black mane in the fingers of her right hand, the look on her face obviously one of love for whomever is behind the camera.

Checking the fuel gauge, which really doesn't take all that long to find, you see the plane is fully fueled. From what you've seen, thus far, this plane is ready to go somewhere, most likely everything having been prepped this morning. You try the primary power switch, however, and nothing happens; the gauges are reading, but as old as you know this aircraft is in Core Earth you also know they likely don't require power for any of the instruments, as they're all mechanical. You still need power to get moving, so you begin checking around for a battery; you still need to do your "walkaround", however.

At this point, when you chance a glance out the window, you see light on the faces, even if you can't actually make out the faces of the guards in the tower to your left or right, above the Generator tent, and you see the Generator itself has caught fire, along with the tent.

It is getting to be time to go!
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 06 Sep 2013, 11:34

Jack is going to have a quick look around the plane.

"Matthias keep an eye on that guard and waste him if he starts firing".

This might sound a bit silly but is there some kind of crank or kick start for a plane of this age?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 06 Sep 2013, 16:32

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack is going to have a quick look around the plane.
Out-of-Character You go to check surfaces, doors, and latches to make sure nothing's coming loose, that the pontoons are in good shape, and then you have to get on top of the aircraft, from the right wing, for which you can find and get in-line a maintenance stand to help you get up there. The very first thing you see is a man lying on the wing, a bottle of some sort of dark beer, you would guess, resting loosely in his left hand, his right hand down the front of his pants. He is unconscious and breathing heavily, though not snoring. You have to check all of the wing mounts and rivets up here, and you can check the cockpit glass and windshield wipers from here, as well.
This might sound a bit silly but is there some kind of crank or kick start for a plane of this age?
Out-of-Character It doesn't sound silly but, as a pilot, you would know there has to be some manner of battery. For smaller local planes, a crank and pulley system works fine; however, for a plane this large, it has some manner of battery to kick over the engines when they're properly primed. You also have flaps and ailerons to check here, and the tail rudder system. There are places all over the top marked with whether you can step there or not.

What are you going to do with snoozy, there?
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 07 Sep 2013, 14:50

Jack raised an eye brow at the passed out pilot.

"Well I did expect that to be up here" Jack mumbled to himself.

Avoiding the sensitive areas on the roof of the plane Jack gave the pilot a gentle nudge with his foot and shone the torch in his face.

"Hey we're ready to leave. You must get the plane ready for our journey".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 07 Sep 2013, 18:07

Jack_Jones wrote:"Hey we're ready to leave. You must get the plane ready for our journey".
The pilot coughs once, followed almost immediately by a nasty burp which you might know is going to lead to something nasty. However, rather than vomiting all over the upper-fuselage, he rather raises his right arm and stops just short of smacking himself in the nose with his wrist, then jiggles that nose with that wrist, instead. Then, the arm falls across his chest, then slides unceremoniously back to his side, and he lets the bottle go, allowing it to slide, rather noisily, off the side of the Seaplane and into the canal landing strip below, leaving only the sound of his breathing.

Keeping an eye out to see if the guards will react, it is soon that you see they have not. The light reflecting from the tower grows slightly brighter.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 08 Sep 2013, 03:24

Grabbing the arm of the pilot Jack decided it was best to continue this one way conversation perhaps in the plane or at least off of the plane's roof. Pulling the body of the comatose pilot to the edge of the plane Jack asked one of the others to help get him down.

Once off the roof Jack moves the pilot to the plane and continues to try and wake him
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 08 Sep 2013, 11:44

Alex walks to the side of the plane where Jack is moving the pilot.

"I don't think letting him take the controls would be a good idea. At least not in his current state."
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness