Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Oct 2013, 09:41

GameMaster Note Guys, and that means ALL of you... there are links in this post, and I underlined them so you guys could click on them to read them. Please do; I know it's a pain in the ass, but please do, anyway? All of these links are in my signature block, as well.

Was the lump success with a 20 what am I checking for?
GameMaster Note I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say, here. Lump success?
Jack will now end this. Beretta shot with the intent to stop him.

Here are the dice rolls for my first two shots....dont think either are critical failure.

[[10,7],9]=(26)
GameMaster Note Okay, so your first total is 26; this is what you rolled. However, this is not your bonus number. Looking on the right hand side of Jack's character sheet, halfway down the page -this is true for all character sheets- your roll of 26 gains you a bonus of +9. This +9 will apply to all of your generated totals through this entire round.
I couldnt believe those dice rolls so I attached the link. ..lol
GameMaster Note They're definitely good dice rolls, and I thank you for attaching the links. Very cool.

Alright, your first shot is calculated like this:
Jack's Fire Combat is (14). When you add +9 (bonus number), and any of the things would apply from the Combat Options Table, for which I would add M1 (Point Blank) -2 (Aiming; you said kneecap) = 21 to-hit.

Because Shul's Active Dodge total is 22, you miss.
GameMaster Note Ummm, yeah. Eltee is up-front, with a sword sticking out, so Shul's going to have to take care of you, first, before he can get to the guy with the gun, which can actually hurt him (tongue-in-cheek).
Out-of-Character Reading through the post I see what he rolled(hook) to knock me down. So, do I need to post my action as I'm being grabbed or did I get knocked back and need to post what Im doing after I've been knocked down? If it's to avoid or counteract the grab/toss the following will be my actions
GameMaster Note Well, he's not just grabbing you, but attempting to use you as something of a rock against Jack. Jack fired a round -as written, above- at Shul's kneecap, and missed, and then wisely split his next shot off for after you are supposed to hit him.

However, you have an opportunity, in this, to stop Shul from using you as a rock against your new friend and, possibly, to take care of other business to accomplish getting Shul OFF the plane WITHOUT killing him, and BEFORE the sea-going vessels which are approaching you are actually close enough to shoot at the PBY Seaplane, if necessary.
Out-of-Character I will attempt to roll away from the shove as the hand swings towards me. I will use either acrobatics or dodge both with a +2.

Rolled on: Oct. 17, 2013, 11:15 p.m.

2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 2],5] = (17)
which would be dex of 11 plus 2 for thirteen minus 1 for the suit so 12. 12 plus 4 for the bonus is 16.
GameMaster Note Okay, so in this case you would find and record the VALUE of the skill, which is on your Skills list, in the Value column, from your character sheet; in your case, Acrobatics is the most apt skill, even though it is equal to your Dodge, and it is at a (12) -don't forget you are -1 DEX-based skills because of your suit, otherwise it would be (13).

With your dice roll of 17 (which gives you a bonus # of +4) and nothing else from the Combat Options Table being able to be applied, we have generated an Acrobatics total of 16. Now, this is not enough to get out of Shul's way, nominally. However, because you're brand new to this game, I'm going to give you an opportunity to spend a Possibility to enhance your dice roll.

In short, you let me know you're spending a Possibility in the post, and then make your additional roll the same way you do your normal roll, and add the enhancement roll to the first roll, then getting the bonus number off the chart on your character sheet from cross-referencing this number to get the bonus #. This is normally supposed to be done if you determine your bonus number is not going to be enough, but before you let me know what your bonus number, and your generated total's, are.

It's NOT as complex as it sounds, trust me, it just takes a bit to get used to, as with any other RPG.

So, please let me know if you're going to spend a Possibility (you presently have 11 available, and what your roll total (17 + your roll) is, as well as your generated total for Acrobatics, ASAP, and I'll get the rest taken care of with regards to Jack, alright?
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 18 Oct 2013, 11:30

OK, so with a total of 16 previously, spending a possibility point for an enhance.

Rolled on: Oct. 18, 2013, 9:39 a.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 2],[10, 7]] = (29)

This would give me a +9 which would be new total of 25 for acrobatics if I understood this correctly.
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 18 Oct 2013, 15:18

(OOC: I'm going to make a shovel out of my "solid weapon" skill and try to knock Shul out with a Speed push:

Unarmed combat: 12
Roll 1: 2d10.extra(10) → [3,2] = (5)
Roll 2 (after spending a possibility): 2d10.extra(10) → [9,8] = (17)+(5) = 22 (or a bonus of +8)
(12+8= 20) )
Card Pool
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Oct 2013, 16:36

Eltee wrote:OK, so with a total of 16 previously, spending a possibility point for an enhance.

Rolled on: Oct. 18, 2013, 9:39 a.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 2],[10, 7]] = (29)

This would give me a +9 which would be new total of 25 for acrobatics if I understood this correctly.
GameMaster Note Alright, your previous dice roll was 17, and then this dice roll went ape shit with 29. 17 + 29 = 46, which gives you a bonus of +13. Adding this to your Acrobatics of (12) means your Acrobatics total is actually 25. This means you beat Shul's attack by 3 points simply by getting out of the way. You find yourself smack against the port side of the plane, however, the left foot of your suit leaving a sizable dent in the skin of the airplane, there, and your right leg squishing Detective Pepper a little harder against the wall. Fortunately, you hear a groan as this action forces him to begin waking.
Jack's Dodge is (12) +9 (bonus number) -3 (Partial Surprise) -4 (multi-action penalty) = 14, vs. Shul's to-hit of 16, so you're hit. As expressed in my earlier post, the hit would be a damage of 20 vs. Jack’s TOU of 9 +9 (bonus #), no bonuses or penalties = 18, so you would still only take 2 Result Points of damage, or a K 1 result.
Now, for your second shot, after Shul's ill-found attempt to drop a refrigerator the size and shape of a Rocket Ranger Power-Suited Human on you:
Fire Combat is (14) +9 (bonus number) + M1 (Point Blank) -2 (multi-action penalty) = 21 to-hit, which also misses, but forces Shul to react that his life may be in mortal danger. Unfortunately, this will only force him to think about leaping at you...
GameMaster Note The use of the power does not require a roll; ie - forming the solid weapon. It's when you make an attack or use of the item you formed from your solid weapon pulp power, that things can go, well... random, hehe.

Having discussed this with Kieran, I'm writing this from the point-of-view of an Attack to Knockout with a Speed Push ORMA, now.

With his DEX of (12) + 4 (bonus #) vs. a Target # of 8, giving 8 Result Points for a Speed Push, will grant you +2 push to your Attack and Damage, but you take 7 shock points as a result, as this is very fatiguing;

Now, DEX of (12), as you have no Unarmed Combat skill +4 (bonus #) +0 (Knockout Attack) +2 (Speed Push) = 18 to-hit, which is not enough to hit him, but you have put him off-guard. You sort of crash into the crates and boxes of the cargo area.

That would have been a solid hit, too.
Initiative: Villain
Villain Advantage: None (No advantages or disadvantages this round)
Hero Advantage: Up (Ad; Each on side gain one additional roll)
Approved Action(s): Intimidate / Test
DSR: n/a

Explanation: Fella's, keep in mind the Approved Actions for the round, and your own cards; don't forget you can play for the critical moment. Only Eltee has made a successful action, so he can move a card from his hand to his pool. No one's completed an Approved Action, however, so no one gains a card. If you have questions, always ask, but you'll find most of this information on the rules page.

Jack, you're still on your feet, for the moment. Dr. Random is in the pile almost directly behind Shul, so if you miss, there's a very real chance of firing into melee and hitting Random, instead.

Eltee, you could rise this round and make a basic attack with your sword, if you like, just don't miss.

Alexander, you're going to be groggy this entire round, but if you want you can generate a Spirit attribute total for me and, if successful, I will allow you to both get up and make a basic attack against Shul.

Random, you can recover this round and make a basic attack, as well. You still have the shovel, so you could try to '!CLANG-G-G-G-G-G!' Shul again, if you want.

Matthias, things are a bit crowded, right now, but do you have something you think you could do to bring this to a head?

Shul is laughing maniacally at ALL of you as he makes another active defense to avoid you...

Generated Bonus: 2d10.extra(10) → [8,5] = (13) = +1 bonus.

Active Defense: Shul's Dodge is (12) +1 (bonus #) +M1 (Active Defense) = 13;

Shul tries to fisticuff you in the side of the head, Jack,

Shul's Unarmed Combat is (14) +1 (bonus #) = 15 to-hit. If he actually does hit, damage will be STR (14) +1 (bonus #) = 15.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 21 Oct 2013, 18:22

GameMaster Note Alright, I need to wait on a return roll/action from Gavin for Jack, but I've not heard from him in a short while; he's likely busy with his business, or family, perhaps a vacation, but whatever it is, I need to wait a bit longer. This means, Eltee, you'll need to wait as well, hehe.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 22 Oct 2013, 02:16

Out-of-Character Sorry guys. Busy weekend and not feeling too well yesterday, but that was self inflicted so no sympathy ;)
Jack seeing this hulk of a figure lunging toward him with his fist heading in his direction made an instinctive reaction. Jack remembered his boxing days from the services ducked and weaved the blow. Attempting to manoeuvre himself to behind the mountain that was leading everyone a merry dance Jack spun quickly once he was clear of the fist.

2d10.extra(10) → [9,[10, 9]] = (28)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4267362/

Dogde skill 13 bonus +9 = 22

After successfully dodging Jack will try and bring this fight to an end with a shot to the back of shul's lower body

Firearms skill 14 bouns +9 point blank +1 = 24

Wasnt too sure about the point blank and I had to use a possibility in that sequence..
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 22 Oct 2013, 07:22

Out-of-Character Sorry guys, I really need to be in a better habit of informing when things are hectic on my end. Looking for a new job has taken me to a breaking point and I have been way tooo hectic for any ones good...

Paul, I forget what languages Matthias knows.... was it German and French, Swiss and French, or dungheap and French? I am assuming German and French, but it is not listed on the sheet and I never clarified before.

If that is incorrect, I apologize for what comes next, and if it is correct I apologize everyone for not trying this at first, although in game time the whole scuffle up till now has probably only taken no more than a minute?
As the fight starts to take a harder tone, and a more lethal one, Matthias finally gets himself out of the front turret and starts to edge closer to the back. Noticing the sheer size of Shul, concern for his group becomes a weight in his stomach which immobilizes Matthias far longer than it should have.

'Get with it Matthias! These guys are having a hard time and you stand here frozen! Why all of a sudden are you not able to move? You are quicker than this! NOW MOVE!

Finding his center again, Matthias bellows, "STOPP! Schauen Shul, sind wir nicht wollen euch kämpfen. Wir sind auf einer besonderen Mission für Mobius. Leider wiegen Sie das Flugzeug nach unten zu viel, und diese Schiffe sind eigentlich hier, um uns davon ab, unsere Mission zu verhindern, nicht zu helfen. Bitte helfen Sie uns, indem sie ab, ohne mehr Verletzungen und versuchen, die Schiffe so lange wie möglich zum Stillstand?

Wenn Sie nicht bereit, uns zu helfen, dann sind Sie ein Feind der Mobius und wird als solche behandelt werden!"

Code: Select all

"STOP!  Look Shul, we are not wanting to fight you.  We are on a special mission for Mobius.  Unfortunately you weigh the plane down too much, and those ships are actually here to prevent us from completing our mission, not help.  Please help us by getting off without any more injuries and try to stall the ships as long as you can?

If you are unwilling to help us then you are an ENEMY of Mobius and will be treated as such!"
As he finishes, Matthias then levels his God-Light at Shul, making sure that Shul catches the weapon pointing at him.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Oct 2013, 19:04

Out-of-Character Fella's, I apologize, but today has not been an easy day for me. New classes, job-nag, and I've felt like crap, and getting worse for the past three days. I'm intent to see a Doctor tomorrow morning, I hope, though I've yet to make an appointment -I was told to call first-thing in the morning. Anyway, I'm behind and I apologize for that; tomorrow morning after I make my appointment I'll get this moving, I hope.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 23 Oct 2013, 16:16

Jack_Jones wrote:
Out-of-Character Sorry guys. Busy weekend and not feeling too well yesterday, but that was self inflicted so no sympathy ;)
Out-of-Character How do you mean? "not feeling well... self-inflicted"? So, you were sick and partied, anyway? Did you have fun, at least?
Jack seeing this hulk of a figure lunging toward him with his fist heading in his direction made an instinctive reaction. Jack remembered his boxing days from the services ducked and weaved the blow. Attempting to manoeuvre himself to behind the mountain that was leading everyone a merry dance Jack spun quickly once he was clear of the fist.
GameMaster Note Okay, did you actually want to try and out-Maneuver Shul while also working to get behind him? If so, what I'm posting below may change a little... just let me know, please?
Out-of-Character 2d10.extra(10) → [9,[10, 9]] = (28)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4267362/

Dogde skill 13 bonus +9 = 22

After successfully dodging Jack will try and bring this fight to an end with a shot to the back of shul's lower body

Firearms skill 14 bouns +9 point blank +1 = 24

Wasnt too sure about the point blank and I had to use a possibility in that sequence.
GameMaster Note Alright, you both dodged Shul's attack and successfully hit him. The Damage you do to him is a base 15 from your 9mm Beretta, +9 (bonus #) +M1 (Point-Blank Range, which has no effect because you did not generate a bonus of +1 or less, but you're still good) = 24 vs. Shul's TOU of (12) +1 (bonus #) = 13. He takes 11 Result Points of Damage, or is now Lightly Wounded, has a K condition (part of Knockout), and 5 Shock damage. More or less a hefty flesh-wound for this giant, though it also seems to destabilize him, putting him off-guard and on his ass on the starboard side of the plane, making it bounce enough that water comes into the open hatchway on the side of the plane. He stays there while Matthias speaks...
Out-of-Character Sorry guys, I really need to be in a better habit of informing when things are hectic on my end. Looking for a new job has taken me to a breaking point and I have been way tooo hectic for any ones good...
Out-of-Character I know precisely what you're going through, as I've been dealing with it for the past three years. I'm just glad you're allowing yourself to take a break and deal with a different type of stress. I went to the Doctor just this morning for stress, because my neck muscles were actually pulling my head back; it was all I could do to keep it forward. Excruciating pain. They gave me a shot of something and things seem to be returning to normal. That said, I hope you will find something very good very soon.
Out-of-Character Paul, I forget what languages Matthias knows.... was it German and French, Swiss and French, or dungheap and French? I am assuming German and French, but it is not listed on the sheet and I never clarified before.
GameMaster Note Each Language is a separate line, and you only chose one language at the beginning. Because you're role-playing through it, not only did you get German assigned, but I also gave you a Possibility to spend on it to start it up, which is already done. Nicely done, indeed. By the way, I remember attempting to address this with you guys when I started the game, and not one soul responded to me, hehe, not even my own son, Kieran, whom I told in person. Pffttttt, gamers, hehe.
Out-of-Character ...although in game time the whole scuffle up till now has probably only taken no more than a minute?
GameMaster Note You're going on thirty seconds, hehe
Noticing the sheer size of Shul, concern for his group becomes a weight in his stomach which immobilizes Matthias far longer than it should have.
Out-of-Character I put Shul on the ground, from Jack's gun shot, on purpose.
Finding his center again, Matthias bellows, "STOPP! Schauen Shul, sind wir nicht wollen euch kämpfen. Wir sind auf einer besonderen Mission für Mobius. Leider wiegen Sie das Flugzeug nach unten zu viel, und diese Schiffe sind eigentlich hier, um uns davon ab, unsere Mission zu verhindern, nicht zu helfen. Bitte helfen Sie uns, indem sie ab, ohne mehr Verletzungen und versuchen, die Schiffe so lange wie möglich zum Stillstand?

Wenn Sie nicht bereit, uns zu helfen, dann sind Sie ein Feind der Mobius und wird als solche behandelt werden!"

As he finishes, Matthias then levels his God-Light at Shul, making sure that Shul catches the weapon pointing at him.
A look of pain crossing the massive man's face, he nods,

"Okay, ja. Ich werde aufhören. Ich war mir nicht bewusst, dass Sie wurden für Doktor Mobius arbeitet. Ich dachte, Sie stattdessen stormers versuchen zu nehmen, was dir nicht gehört, aber das ist meine Verantwortung waren.

Wussten Sie sagen, es gibt Schiffe kommen, und sie sind nicht auf der Seite des Pharao?"

Alright, yes.  I will stop.  I was not aware you were working for Doctor Mobius.  I thought, instead, you were stormers trying to take what is not yours, but which has been my responsibility.

Did you say there are ships coming, and they are not on the Pharaoh's side?
He looks into the barrel of the Godlight, not recognizing its make, but he understands the weapon's intent in the hands of its wielder, and then over at Jack, the 9mm Beretta he understands, as well.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 23 Oct 2013, 17:39

How do you mean? "not feeling well... self-inflicted"? So, you were sick and partied, anyway? Did you have fun, at least?
Out-of-Character Too much white wine :) just felt like I'd been run over all better now thou.
Jack seeing the giant come to a halt and seeing Matthias had taken charge of the situation Jack calmed his breathing and slightly relaxed. However he kept his eyes on Shul and if he sensed that trouble was about to erupted again he would be quick to finish him off.

Jack looked up at Matthias and let him speak to Shul in his native tongue.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 23 Oct 2013, 17:43

Listening to Shul speak, something starts itching Matthias' thoughts as he continues.

"Wir haben den Eindruck, dass die Schiffe kommen nicht hier sind, um Doktor Mobius helfen. Die Flugzeuge, die links Momente vor uns gezwungen, nach unten und informierte uns, dass es Schiffe zu uns kommen, zu verzögern und zusätzliche Ebenen wieder als gut.

Wir können uns nicht leisten, mehr Verspätungen, wie wir laufen Gefahr, dass ein Doktor Mobius mit der Zeit, die wir bisher verschwendet werden. Wenn Sie uns in mindestens Verzögerung der Schiffe helfen könnte wäre Mobius profitieren."

We are under the impression that the ships coming are not here to help Doctor Mobius.  The planes that left moments ago forced us down and informed us that there would be ships coming to delay us and additional planes returning as well.

We cannot afford any more delays as we are running a risk of failing Doctor Mobius with the time we have wasted so far. If you could help us in at least delaying the ships it would benefit Mobius greatly.
Waiting for Shul to respond, he looks over to Jack and calmly states, "Jack, can you get something to help stop the bleeding on him?

Looking back at Shul, he continues, "Shul, werden wir tun, was wir können, um die Wunde zu helfen. Bitte akzeptieren Sie unsere Entschuldigungen dafür, um diese Maßnahmen zu ergreifen, aber wir haben auch zu befürchten, dass Sie hier waren, um Doktor Mobius die Pläne zu stoppen."

Shul, we are going to do what we can to help the wound.  Please accept our appologies for having to take that action, but we also feared that you were here to stop Doctor Mobius's plans.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 23 Oct 2013, 17:54

Matthias wrote:Listening to Shul speak, something starts itching Matthias' thoughts as he continues.

"Wir haben den Eindruck,..." <snip>
GameMaster Note Please let me have a Charisma total? I know your attribute is only 7, so you might want to think about spending a Possibility to get your second roll, alright?
Guys, I really REALLY REALLY want you guys to look over the rules page for the game, please? The way the charts and rules for this game were written makes it so those who play the game using the rules and charts can get ideas. This game really IS designed for you, the players, but it's up to you guys, if you have time to read, to benefit yourselves with these. This is not an invitation for you guys to "wreck my game", which you likely would not do, anyway, because this game is also designed to make it so GMs are readily able to have an effect on whatever player's do, but it is an invitation for you guys to get ideas which may give you some more role-playing tools to play with.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 23 Oct 2013, 18:04

Out-of-Character I rolled a 400000+ so give me my success!!!!

Heh... First roll

Torg Roller

1d20 = (0 + 11) = 11 Bonus = 0

Spend a possibility por favor...

Torg Roller

1d20 = (20 + 16) = 36 Bonus = 11

Total = 18

Do I need more sir?
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 23 Oct 2013, 19:13

Out-of-Character Brandon and I spoke on the phone, and he's wanting to respond, but he's super-busy with work, today, so it will have to wait until he arrives home and is able to post, if he remembers, hehe.

So, though you are most likely going to be successful, I need to wait to translate until I find out what he's going to write.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 23 Oct 2013, 19:57

Out-of-Character good enough on my end
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════