Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 13 Oct 2013, 11:02

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character I was trying to be subtle and clever over what I saw as incorrect word replacement by our GM, who constantly picks fun at my typing in my phone which uses auto completion and constantly spells thing differently since it uses a program called Swype.

Unless, of course, you fully intended to use meat hook the first time, and then meet hook when you were making the roll. ...
Out-of-Character LOL... to quote a favored old-time sitcom member with an extraordinarily nasally voice, "Did I do that?" :lol:
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 13 Oct 2013, 15:48

(OOC: Dodging the attack

Skill: 10
Roll: 2d10.extra(10) → [9,[10, 4]] = (23) Bonus: +8
Total - 3 = 15

I'm going to spend a possibility here

Second roll: 2d10.extra(10) → [5,6] = (11) + 23 = 44 Bonus: + 12
Total -3 19
)
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 13 Oct 2013, 18:51

GameMaster Note Detective Pepper, your lights go out, your body slamming against the side of the airplane with a loud CLANG, your Peacemaker falling to the ground and rolling behind the crates with a loud thud.

Eltee, you move forward, attempting to find purchase for the point of your saber, watching the humongous hand retract, again, behind the cargo still strapped in, followed by a rather massive head coming from behind it. He seems to be stuck, trying to push the cargo to the other side of the aircraft so he can get by. Anyone coming forward meets his massive hand being held up, palm out, a sign of capitulation... or, perhaps, he's just interested in being able to have a fair fight...?
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 15 Oct 2013, 09:44

Is Alex close to me or further away and closer to some one else? If he is close to me I will, while keeping an eye on the hook, drag him back sone so he won't be in the area of the possible battle if it comes to that. "Can anyone take a look at this gentleman," I will ask as I go back to the rising hook.
Out-of-Character Does the flesh hand have SMEE tatooed on it?
If Alex is not close to me I will try to provide a defense between the hook and the rest of the plane. "Someone get the fallen gent and check him please?"
Last edited by Eltee on 15 Oct 2013, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 15 Oct 2013, 10:03

Hearing the commotion from the back of the plane Jack climbed out of the cockpit and headed to the source of the noise.

Seeing some odd figure from behind the cargo crates Jack pulled his Baretta out of his trousers. Jack wasnt comfortable using the handgun on the plane, but whatever was lurking behind the crates might take some stopping .
Out-of-Character paul Jack will take a wide berth so he can try and see behind the crates from an angle
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Oct 2013, 11:29

Out-of-Character I'm getting the impression no one remembers that a meat hook is a massive hand... not an actual hook, hehe
Eltee wrote:Is Alex close to me...
Whomever this individual is that is pushing his way past the cargo -you can see him, now, a rather massive white male with a greasy t-shirt and original cargo pants, along with a very square jaw and mostly bald head-, he is virtually standing over the unconscious Detective, but also moving past the cargo, asking,
Jack_Jones wrote:Seeing some odd figure from behind the cargo crates Jack pulled his Baretta out of his trousers. Jack wasnt comfortable using the handgun on the plane, but whatever was lurking behind the crates might take some stopping.
"Gut, gut, meine Liebe, was haben wir denn hier?" He is standing exposed, now, but has made no threatening move, unless his crooked-toothed smile is enough to scare you all.

At this point you hear the engines of the plane turn over, and Lefleur looks back, beginning to announce something,

"Everyone, strap in..." when he sees the massive German head of the man now standing in front of the cargo. Then, he says,

"Shul is something of a friend of mine..."

Shul counters with,

"Du schuldest mir noch Geld, du Ratte!" He points one massive index finger at Jacques, who gulps, though nothing is in his mouth,

"He's also a great mechanic, and handy in a fight..."

"Ich kann tatsächlich ausziehen dein Fleisch von den Knochen diesmal Lefleur!" The huge man Jacques referred to as Shul, takes a solitary step forward, bouncing the entirety of the plane an inch or two, then covers his left arm with his right hand at the elbow and acts as though pulling the flesh from his own arm, then points again at Jacques.

By this time, the engines have been started and are shaking the hull of the plane.

"We have to go," Jacques says, "But we can't take him with us. Can you get him off the plane without killing him, please? He will be too heavy for the fuel we have remaining, and we won't make it to the refueler. Besides, he is very loyal to the Reich, and that means he is very loyal to Mobius."

Shul takes another step forward.
Out-of-Character For anyone interested in translating what I've written, here, I use Google Translate, and Shul was speaking German. It's not 100% accurate, but you can get a good idea of what's been said, especially for those with German-speaking characters.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 16 Oct 2013, 02:37

"Ok big fella you need to go for a swim" Jack said to the German mechanic.

"Someone get the door for our friend" Jack asked out loud.

Catching the attention of their uninvited guest Jack then crudely pointed at the mechanic, then the open door and smiled. Then pointed to the boats outside. Trying to indicate that he needed to catch a lift somewhere else.

Jack still has his beretta in his hand whilst orchestrating all this.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 16 Oct 2013, 10:56

The huge German looked at the door -whomever is opening it-, then ducked down a bit to look out the window at the approaching boats, swiftly noting they were not all that close, yet, still just large specks on the horizon, and then looked back at the water, confusion replaced with a large grin as he looked back at both Eltee and Jack, in turn, explaining,

"Nein, danke. Ich habe den Pharao Eigentum zurück. Sie sind es, werden Schwimmen, denke ich." This last part he explains while pointing at each person, in turn.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 16 Oct 2013, 12:13

"I get the impression thats the german for no and if anyone's going swimming its us".

Jack raised his Beretta at about knee height

"Ok my friend that was the nicely asked, looks like its now going to be the hard way. Unless anyone has a better idea I say we put this guy down and throw him off or push in this case" Jack said out loud.
Out-of-Character if the big guy goes for Jack, jack will fire two shots one in each kneecap
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Oct 2013, 10:28

With a single step, the German monster places Eltee between you and himself and tries to palm the Rocket Ranger to knock him back...
GameMaster Note
Action Stack, A2, S2, R2
Scene: Dramatic
Initiative: Villain
Villain Advantage: Flurry (Ad; Extra action for each character this round)
Hero Advantage: Inspiration (Ad; Each on side remove Shock, KO, and KD effects immediately)
Approved Action(s): Maneuver/Taunt
DSR: n/a

Shul is a Possibility Rated (P-rated) character and, recognizing he's in mortal danger from Eltee's sword and Jack's pistol, he is both going to spend a Possibility straight away and perform a Many-on-One. First, he's going to side-step to place Eltee between himself and Jack while performing an Active Defense against any bullet and/or sword, then he's going to Attack to Knockdown Eltee by redirecting him into Jack, using him as a stone to weight the man down.

Generated Bonus: 2d10.extra(10) → [7,5] = (12) + 2d10.extra(10) → [3,[10, 10]] = (23). 12 + 23 = 35, which is a +10 bonus.

Active Defense: Shul's Dodge is (12) +10 (bonus #) +M1 (Active Defense) = 22;
Attack to Knockdown: Shul's Unarmed Combat is (14) +10 (bonus #) -2 (Knockdown) -2 (Second Action in Many-on-One) = 20 vs. Eltee. Damage from this, if he hits, will be Strength of (14) +10 (bonus #) -2 (Knockdown) = 22;

Jack, you can attempt to shoot Shul, but you will be firing into a melee; so, if you miss him, you may hit Eltee. Where you're standing, you're pretty sure you're not going to hit anything critical in the aircraft, though if you have some manner of critical failure, you COULD hit a tout wire or hydraulic line, though even that is highly unlikely, since they're so small.

Shul has a Strength of (14), meaning he is capable of moving 1,500 pounds, or a large Brown Bear, so he can easily move Eltee, using him as a weapon to throw against Jack.

Attacking Jack with Eltee: Shul's Thrown Weapons/DEX (10) +10(bonus #) -4 (Third Action in Many-on-One) +0 (Partial Surprise) = 16 to-hit. If the hit is successful, you'll take a base damage of (12) +10(bonus #) -2(natural armor from Many-on-One) +0 (Partial Surprise) = 20. Jack, if the hit is successful, you are -3 to act against Shul.

No one earned a card for round 1. Unfortunately, no one acted quickly enough to make round 1 work, and now to move things forward, I've had to become a pain in the ass, LOL. Let the mayhem begin! :)
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 17 Oct 2013, 12:47

Haha...here we go

Was the lump success with a 20 what am I checking for?

Jack will now end this. Beretta shot with the intent to stop him.

Here are the dice rolls for my first two shots....dont think either are critical failure.

[[10,7],9]=(26)

[3,8]=(11)

And here is my retaliation attack

[8,[10,9]]=(27)

I couldnt believe those dice rolls so I attached the link. ..lol

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1327212

Ok so 27 +3 for skill -3 is lump is successful. =27 which is +9
Weapon damage 15 which makes it 24. Ouch!
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Oct 2013, 16:25

Out-of-Character Guys, I know this game is VERY odd, compared to other games, with regards to dice rolls. However, you only make ONE dice roll, even for multiple actions and effects, which allows you to get a total -derived from the chart on your character sheet. This bonus applies to each necessary generated total individually.

So, if you roll your dice -rolling again on 10s and 20s and adding to your previous dice roll(s), of course, you apply this to the table on your character sheet. So, if your total roll is 15, then your bonus from the chart is +2; if you're shooting at a guy and your Fire Combat is 10, that means your roll total -without any other bonuses or penalties- is 12 (10 + 2). Say you actually hit whom you're aiming at with that roll, and you hit them with a weapon that does a base damage of 12, then your damage goes up by +2, to 14. It's the same bonus, not a new roll.

Now, say you're performing Multiple Actions (either ORMA - One Roll, Many Actions, or Task Coordination)? The same bonus number is applied for ALL of the totals that are to be generated, though there are penalties for making multiple actions in a single round.

Thus endeth the lesson. However, I will ask you guys that, if you have questions, this is important enough a topic that you can put your questions in THIS THREAD, and I will be happy to answer them. Otherwise, feel free to look at the RULES page, and read; I have come to understand that reading is anathema to gamers, but I provide this for all of your aid, anyway... http://www.wolvesau.net/torg/rules.htm
Alright, I have to wait for Eltee to give an answer, because this will determine how your actions will go for Jack. However, I do have it written, and it sort of relates to what's written, above, in order to show off what I mean. So, dependent on how Eltee does as a block of steel will determine what happens to Jack.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 17 Oct 2013, 17:19

Ok sorry i wont lie the mechanics of ths game still feel new every time i roll dice.

So my hand gun skill is 13 and a roll of 27 gives me a +9 so my score is 22?

Damage is 15 +9 = 24 ?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Oct 2013, 18:03

Jack_Jones wrote:Ok sorry i wont lie the mechanics of ths game still feel new every time i roll dice.

So my hand gun skill is 13 and a roll of 27 gives me a +9 so my score is 22?

Damage is 15 +9 = 24?
Out-of-Character Well, you also said you were trying for a Kneecap, which incurs the Aiming penalty of -2 to-hit, but gains a +3 to damage. So, if you would have hit, your damage total actually would have been 15 +9 (bonus #) +3 (Aiming) = 27. With his TOU of (12) +10 = 22, so that would have been 5 Result Points of damage, or O 2, which means 2 shock points and the O half of the KO -knockout- result. The basics you posted, in short, were absolutely correct, and you were not wrong in how you used your dice, per se, it's just no one's used to the idea that you generate a single bonus number to be used throughout an entire round. So many games have you roll so many times, it can be silly quickly; not so with Torg.

Now, I have the entire post for action between Jack and Shul written out, but I have to wait for Brandon to post for Eltee before I can determine how the round goes. I was most of the way through writing it, when I realized that the actions had to be taken into account at the same time. Your first shot got off, but missed, I can tell you that, but I have to wait for rolls concerning the physical effects before I can resolve the other actions, thus far.
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 18 Oct 2013, 00:58

Out-of-Character maybe I didn't read something right, are you waiting for a roll from me or am I on top of Jack now. Reading through the post I see what he rolled(hook) to knock me down. So, do I need to post my action as I'm being grabbed or did I get knocked back and need to post what Im doing after I've been knocked down? If it's to avoid or counteract the grab/toss the following will be my actions
I will attempt to roll away from the shove as the hand swings towards me. I will use either acrobtactics or dodge both with a +2.

Rolled on: Oct. 17, 2013, 11:15 p.m.

2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 2],5] = (17)
which would be dex of 11 plus 2 for thirteen minus 1 for the suit so 12. 12 plus 4 for the bonus is 16.

Now, if I am already on top of Jack, I will attempt to roll to the side as to not crush him and say, "Pardon me, musta had to much to drink."