Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Eltee
Novice
Novice

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Eltee » 10 Oct 2013, 22:04

Waiting for the plane to land, Eltee wonders about his new companions and if it was a good idea for him to blow cover. To himself he says(almost a murmur)"Well, only one way to find out, here's to ya."

He then looks up and says, "We home yet honey?"
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 10 Oct 2013, 22:19

Out-of-Character I apologize for not responding, today; apart from the fact I wanted to see if there was more role-playing to be done, I was also absolutely lazy, today. Fortunately, Eltee (Brandon) has done something extraordinarily good, which is to hopefully begin a good conversation. I will, in turn, post again tomorrow in the early afternoon, unless of course you are all interested in really getting your character's to know one another. It's going to take roughly ten minutes to get the Seaplane down and further South.

Because you are cooperating, you soon notice Hassan's Spitfire flares up and turns back to take a position parallel to his wing mate.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 11 Oct 2013, 03:54

Jack looked at the measurements with a bit of confusion.

"They've not come from the base from the North. Too far away. There must be something closer". Jack inspected the map again looking for any islands or areas which could possibly host an airbase
He then looks up and says, "We home yet honey?"
Hearing the new comer behind him Jack realised that they had told them what was going on

"No sorry not home yet. Where coming into land. But we have a plan. These planes cant stay in the air forever, at some point they must return to their airbase for fuel. So we are trying to land somewhere far enough away that any boat heading for us will not get here in time before the spitfires have to return for fuel. At that point we can take off again and get out of here" Jack explained to the rest of the group.

"Bit of a cross your fingers plan because we don't know how long its going to take for them to go and for the boat to get here. I guess if the boat gets here first then we have a fight on our hands" Jack added.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 11 Oct 2013, 16:35

Within five minutes of the aircraft being down in the water, properly buoyant and bucking on the slight waves of the Red Sea, perhaps a bit much for some of you, not used to being on the waves, the radio crackles to life with Captain Hassan's voice,

"Seaplane Uniform X-ray One Zero Niner, my wingman and I must return to refuel. A pair of replacement Spitfire's are on the way from a closer base, and will be with you in the next five minutes. Do not attempt to take off or you will be put down. Acknowledge."

"Yes, Captain Hassan, I understand. What is the ETA on the boats?" No answer was forthcoming. For any of you looking out and above, you see both Spitfire's wing over and take off at high speed towards land.
Out-of-Character As you note the Spitfire's moving away at high speed, you remember when you were looking for something to tie Matthias inside the aircraft with so he could lean out and fire on the Spitfire behind, that you saw some interesting items lumped into the tied-down goods in back.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 11 Oct 2013, 16:46

As the Spitfires move away, Alex stands up from his seat and begins moving back to where he found those "Interesting Items" to further inspect what they are. something in the voice of the Spitfire pilot gives him a sinking feeling.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 11 Oct 2013, 17:46

Out-of-Character Looking around, you begin loosening some of the straps and opening a few of the boxes, and you find quite a few things, especially food, water, and even some alcohol -almost wholly unknown Tenth Empire type licquers-, and then you find the following...
  • 10 full diving suits with air tanks, more like the old canvas suits with diving bells rather than what you would find in a modern S.C.U.B.A. suit,
  • 10 spear guns, the standard shark-scaring fish catching type,
  • 10 strange-looking grenades, with what appear to be six small opaque glass squares,
  • 10 very strange looking tubes, about the width of the palm of your hand plus a couple of inches, with a single black button set inside some sort of safety collar,
  • and 10 large bore pistols, almost like flare guns, but much longer
Just as you're getting a handle on this list, you feel several of the boxes move several inches, as if pushed from the rear of the airplane.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 11 Oct 2013, 23:53

"Hey everybody! Come take a look at this, we might be able to use these!" Alex shouts to the rest of the plane, holding up one of the diving suits.
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:Just as you're getting a handle on this list, you feel several of the boxes move several inches, as if pushed from the rear of the airplane.
"What was that?" Alex takes out his pistol and begins making his way further to the back of the plane, unstacking boxes if necessary.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 12 Oct 2013, 01:36

If I hear Alex's exclamation I will pull my long sword and approach him on the ready.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 12 Oct 2013, 12:22

Out-of-Character ok people two possible options

1 we wait for the boat to get here and then everyone but the pilot gets the scuba gear on and hides under the plane until they go or worst case we can launch a sneak attack.

2 Or we take off now, load the guns and fight our way out of this. If we're lucky we might get enough distance between us and the new patrol to either lose them or make them split up

What does everyone think?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 12 Oct 2013, 15:27

Out-of-Character well, the replacements haven't gotten here just yet have they?

If not, Matthias would like to get going.

Also, with whatever is bumping the plane from underneath is not comforting.
"Jack, I would like to get into the air as soon as possible my friend. What ever is under us is not to my liking right now. At least I know what is up above in the skies at the moment."
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 12 Oct 2013, 17:56

Alexander Pepper wrote:
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:Just as you're getting a handle on this list, you feel several of the boxes move several inches, as if pushed from the rear of the airplane.
"What was that?" Alex takes out his pistol and begins making his way further to the back of the plane, unstacking boxes if necessary.
As you begin moving things around with one hand, while maintaining as steady a grip as possible on your Colt .45, you see a massive meat hook coming your way at an extraordinary rate of speed...
GameMaster Note
Action Stack, A2, S2, R1
Scene: Dramatic
Initiative: Villain
Villain Advantage: Up (Ad; Each on side gain one additional roll)
Hero Advantage: Stymied (Disad; Each on side lose additional roll (such as from a 10 or 20)
Approved Action(s): Maneuver/Test
DSR: n/a

Explanation: The Villain gets to go first, and he gains an additional dice roll for generating his totals. You may attempt to outmaneuver him or try to stare him down, if you can get and maintain his attention.

If the hit is successful, the damage will be: STR (14) +8 (total bonus) +3 (blindside) -2 (disarm) +0 (partial surprise) = 23. You are -3 to action and/or effect totals to defend yourself, Detective Pepper.
That being started, none of the rest of you see anything other than this guy's hook coming from out of left field, a complete surprise, for any who are actually looking. I know Eltee is, but what of the rest of you?
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 12 Oct 2013, 21:21

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
GameMaster Note Meet hook incoming: Unarmed Combat (14) + bonus (2d10.extra(10) → [11,5] + extra roll {2d10.extra(10) → [2,7] = (9)} = (25) = +8) +3 (blindside) -4 (disarm) +0 (partial surprise) = 21 to-hit.
Out-of-Character I don't think Pepper wants to "meet" this particular hook. Just athought. .... Not that the other "meat" is any better! Lol

Matthias is still near the front, and will simply take out his God-Light even though he found the use of it will be awise idea in the plane since the season will probably go through the plane after leaving a target.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 13 Oct 2013, 00:11

Am I close enough to attempt to intervine with my sword yet?
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 13 Oct 2013, 00:29

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character Matthias is still near the front, and will simply take out his God-Light even though he found the use of it will be awise idea in the plane since the season will probably go through the plane after leaving a target.
GameMaster Note I'm confused; do you intend to use it, or did you think better of it?
GameMaster Note You can get back to the stack just fine, but your arm with the sword attached is not long enough to reach behind the cargo stack, and you may not be able to get through the boxes -which are everything from large and small wooden cases, steel boxes, thick-sided steamer trunks ranging in size from five to eighteen cubic feet. You may have to wait until whomever it is behind the cargo pallets to come out.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 13 Oct 2013, 07:16

Out-of-Character I was trying to be subtle and clever over what I saw as incorrect word replacement by our GM, who constantly picks fun at my typing in my phone which uses auto completion and constantly spells thing differently since it uses a program called Swype.

Unless, of course, you fully intended to use meat hook the first time, and then meet hook when you were making the roll. ...
My Character Sheet

╚═══════════════════

Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════