Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Eltee
Novice
Novice

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Eltee » 06 Oct 2013, 23:49

"No, by all means. I will take the other side gun."
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 07 Oct 2013, 14:51

"I suggest we take her down, mon amie. This will allow me to introduce myself, and I can get to know all of you in the process. Does this sound fair?" Jacques seems to be genuine, if still smelling like a bar, as his eyes move around in an odd fashion.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 07 Oct 2013, 16:48

Jack looked a bit defeated, but will his sensible head on asked the group what they wanted to do.

"Ok people its decision time. They won't be expecting all of us in here if we land, we can take them by surprise if Jacques cant reason with them. Or we take our chances up here. In all honesty I think those spitfire's will have the edge on us from maneuverability perspective. But its not impossible".

"The other thing is if we do shoot them two down, how long will it be before more turn up?".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 07 Oct 2013, 17:17

"I think we should play it safe and land. Like you said, we could take them by surprise with our numbers and I'd rather have an advantage down there than a disadvantage up here. And you're right, we might have more coming this way if we try to shoot them down, but if we can get them before they can reach their radios we should still have a good chance to get away to safe territory."

Alex looks at the rest of the group, finished giving his 2 cents.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Eltee » 07 Oct 2013, 17:30

"I'm fine with taking her down, just know that I will not surrender to them for ANY reason." Eltee says then sits back down by his gun(not manning it just by it)
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 07 Oct 2013, 19:49

same, lets wait this out until we land.
Card Pool
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 08 Oct 2013, 02:21

Jack nodded in agreement.

Turning the plane into a landing position jack prepare the sea plane for a landing.

"Ok people remember as far as those pilots are concerned and everyone else down there the only person on board is the pilot. Take your seats im going to take us down".

Jack was about to lower the gear when he remember that he didnt need it. And that's when he realised that this was the first time he'd landed a sea plane.

"This should be interesting" Jack said to himself not wanting to panic his passengers.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 08 Oct 2013, 09:14

Alex sits in his seat and straps himself in.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 08 Oct 2013, 09:28

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack nodded in agreement.

Jack was about to lower the gear when he remember that he didnt need it. And that's when he realised that this was the first time he'd landed a sea plane.

"This should be interesting" Jack said to himself not wanting to panic his passengers.
"I will help you," Jacques explains as he begins to strap himself into the harness. Speaking more quietly so you can hear him more readily, Jack, he explains,

"I have no love for Mobius and his foolishness, but I also do not hate him, as he has helped provide a good life for me, and I do have curiosity and I have already been paid my money for this trip. I would like to come with you, if you and your intrepid band do not mind?"
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 09 Oct 2013, 01:48

Jack listened to the pilot and took a second to think on what he said.

"In all honesty I dont hate Mobious either. I've never met the man. But we cant condone what his doing. My friend if you help us get out of this then you are more than welcome to travel with us as long as you like. And if you want to help in our little mission then your help would be gratefully received"

"Right lets get this bird on the ground.....or should I say sea".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Oct 2013, 10:02

"I have an idea, then. We will be in the sea, and the Spitfire's cannot land. As Captain Hassan has just ordered us to land, it will take some time to have a trawler come to pick us up. The Spitfire's will have come from within the dominant Nile area, likely very close to the Airbase we came from. Spitfire's only have a range of 450 miles, and some of that will be needed to return to base." He holds out the palm of his hand as if to say, 'you finish my thought.'
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 09 Oct 2013, 10:29

Jack smiled.

"They're going to run out of fuel and need to return home. When they do we can carry on with our journey. Ok how far have they travelled so far?" Jack grabbed the map and tried to estimate the distance travelled so far.

"We just need to land somewhere that will take even longer for the trawler to get to us to make sure we get our window of oopportunity".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Oct 2013, 14:07

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack smiled.

"They're going to run out of fuel and need to return home. When they do we can carry on with our journey. Ok how far have they travelled so far?" Jack grabbed the map and tried to estimate the distance travelled so far.
Jacques leaned forward and looked at the map for a moment, trying to remember, stating,

"I need coffee, mon amie. I think," he moved his large index finger to a place marked on the map as al Faschal, nearly fifty kilometers North of the Airbase, and explained,

"Unless there is a new Airbase I do not know of, the fighters likely came from here. Would you mind measuring, there is a straight ruler in the pouch on the right side of your chair, and determining how far out they are from home, please?"
"We just need to land somewhere that will take even longer for the trawler to get to us to make sure we get our window of oopportunity".
Jacques smiles at this and explains,

"You think like me, my friend. Perhaps you are right. If we perform our go-rounds correctly, we can end up almost fifteen kilometers further South than we are, now. May I take the controls?"
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 09 Oct 2013, 16:30

Jack did as he was asked and measured the distance between the airbase and their current location.

"Do you think they were on a patrol? They could be lower on fuel than we think".

Jack relinquished control of yhe plane to Jacques.

"She's all yours my friend. Let me knowif you want me to do anything?".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Oct 2013, 18:50

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack did as he was asked and measured the distance between the airbase and their current location.

"Do you think they were on a patrol? They could be lower on fuel than we think".

Jack relinquished control of yhe plane to Jacques.

"She's all yours my friend. Let me knowif you want me to do anything?".
Out-of-Character Your measurement to the base turns out to be, roughly, five-hundred miles, which doesn't jive. They must have come from somewhere else, much further south.