Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act Two (Into the Nile Empire)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 26 Aug 2013, 13:15

Jack_Jones wrote:Seeing the doctor scurry out of the digging machine Jack also climbs the ladder and makes his way outside.
Rising to the top, you see very little light in the room, except for what is coming up from the inside of the digger, beneath. There is not a lot of that light, either.

It takes a moment for your eyes to adjust, doing so just as Marlen seems to be walking for the door and explaining,

"Ich werde auf die Ampel. Vergessen Sie nicht, Ihre Augen zu blockieren." As he remains about three good strides from the door, you see his arm reaching for what must, surely, be a light switch.
Out-of-Character Out of curiosity, do you guys want to role-play through all parts of this infiltration, do you simply each want to write individual stories about what you're doing, or do you want me to write a story and PM it to all of you guys and have you make corrections I can put together before I post it in the main thread? I need everyone to answer, please?!
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 26 Aug 2013, 17:25

Jack_Jones wrote:Matthias if you're up for it you and alex could speak to and get the pilot. Not sure whether we'll need to convince him or take him by gun point. You and alex can be good cop and bad cop if necessary.
"Sounds like a plan." Alex says, moving away from the corner he has been standing in quietly, he begins moving towards the ladder to the digging device.
Sir Alain Fisk wrote: "Ich werde auf die Ampel. Vergessen Sie nicht, Ihre Augen zu blockieren." As he remains about three good strides from the door, you see his arm reaching for what must, surely, be a light switch.
Alex gets to the top of the ladder right after Jack. Being from the Orrosh, and therefore being more accustomed to darkness, Alex's eyes adjust quickly. He sees the doctor reaching for what seems to be a lightswitch and harshly whispers "Stop!" to the doctor.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 27 Aug 2013, 01:03

Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex gets to the top of the ladder right after Jack. Being from the Orrosh, and therefore being more accustomed to darkness, Alex's eyes adjust quickly. He sees the doctor reaching for what seems to be a lightswitch and harshly whispers "Stop!" to the doctor.
Herr Doktor Marlen freezes in place, then turns to look at you and Jack, both. You're not entirely sure it's understanding dawning on his face, or he has gas -he is old, after all-, but he drops his hand to his side and, quietly, says,

"Ja, ja. Es tut mir leid. Wir müssen ruhig sein." After this he nods a few times and steps away from the door, finding a convenient chair to sit in.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 27 Aug 2013, 01:11

I climb to the top of the ladder, as well and, hearing Pepper hiss "Stop!", I do. Then, when I hear the Weird Scientist saying something, I continue up the ladder and into the Special Projects room, where I get the attention of all in the room and explain,

"It will not work if we all go off in different directions without communications. Confusion will work well in our favor, so let's have the good Doctor, Random go to the generator tent. I will go with him and we will take care of any opposition as quickly and quietly as possible, and set him in place. I will proceed on from there to the Warehouse, where I will wait for the hero's signal.

"Alex and Matthias will move out at the same time to retrieve the pilot and any intel they may run across which we will need, and then bring them to the plane. If they pass Random, they will give the signal and he will cut the lights and continue with them. If they do not pass him, one of them will need to go and give him the signal and then retreat. Once the lights are cut and, hopefully these guard towers run off the base generator as with the other lights, I will set the Warehouse on fire and make my way as quickly as possible back to the plane.

"Give it two minutes after you hear the camp alarms go off for the fire and have the plane ready to go. I will join you promptly.

"Does this sound better? More like dominoes falling into place? I am open to any ideas."
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 27 Aug 2013, 07:47

Listening as Elinore speaks, Matthias inwardly agrees that this version makes more sense.
"This makes sense. I feel that it is a better way to go so that we all aren't wondering what the others are doing and when. I am ready to go when you are Alex. "
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 27 Aug 2013, 12:46

"I'm ready." Alex begins moving.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 27 Aug 2013, 17:45

Jack nodded

"Sounds good lets get going" Jack said preparing himself for his recon duty.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 27 Aug 2013, 18:11

Opening the door, Jack, you look out and around and, seeing no roving guards on the ground, you then look up at the guard towers you can readily see from the doorway. First, the generator tent is directly to your right, and it's very loud. Each of the guard towers -the one across the canal and to your right, and the one immediately to your right over the generator tent- has at least one guard in it, and there appear to be no lights on in the base whatsoever.

Mobius' Eye of Ra, which you are not readily able to see, nonetheless casts a faint light on the base, casting very faint shadows, anyway.

Jack, moving Southwest toward the massive PBY hangar -remember, the hanger is actually about fifteen times the size of what's represented in the map, which is why you don't see the guard tower in the Southwest corner-, you neither see nor hear a single soul out and about inside the base. If you look at the semi-clear windows you can barely make out a very faint light; though many Officer's are in bed, there, three seem to be engrossed in some manner of card game. It is almost nothing to get to the door to the PBY Hangar.
Out-of-Character What do you have in mind for Dr. Marlen?
Dr. Random, Matthias, Alexander, and Elinore, whomever moves to the Northwestern corner of the Special Projects room first, you see the same thing I described for Jack and, when you check around the corner, you see another guard tower just East of the first, and also mostly hidden, but seen over top of the generator tent, as well, by that tent. There is a jeep parked close to the plot for the Special Projects room, and a Deuce-and-a-Half parked with its end in front of Barracks A, and the front stretching across the path you saw on the map, in front of the Base CO Headquarters. Because you see the truck parked on the road, that's most likely the road out of the base, which would place the guard tower I just described, and the other guard tower on both sides of the road.

With no guards immediately in site, and with the volume of the generator, you can move easily across.
Out-of-Character Elinore, I presume you'll be moving along toward the Barracks, yes?

Alexander and Matthias, where do you want to try and look for the pilot, first?
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 27 Aug 2013, 18:25

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Out-of-Character Elinore, I presume you'll be moving along toward the Barracks, yes?
Out-of-Character Yes. As soon as we arrive at the generator tent, I turn to Random and explain, just loud enough for Random to hear when we're close together,
"Give me five minutes before you throw a wrench in the works, please? It should be easy to stop this generator; cutting a fuel line, popping the oil cap, hammering a couple of the spark plugs. Once you've done this, please go to the plane; do not come after me."
Out-of-Character At that, I'll move out. I'll go to the Southeast corner of the generator tent, look at the guards in the towers and, when I'm sure they're facing away from me, I'll head as rapidly and quietly as possible to get to the Southwest corner of the parked truck.

Stealth is based on DEX, and I have that at 13, so I'm going to try and sneak across... (2d10.extra(10) → [7,4] = (11) = 0 (bonus number)) = total of 13.

Once I've taken a moment to make sure there's no movement going on, that no one heard me, I will move on to the small West Warehouse door and test the handle. If it's not locked and doesn't squeak, I'll test the door hinges next for sound. If there's anything loud enough to screech, I'll leave it alone and try another door handle, the next small one along the North wall, according to the map.

Once I'm inside, I will immediately begin looking around for anything I can set on fire, some accelerant and a flame. Please let me know if I find something?
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 28 Aug 2013, 11:34

Jack looked over at the doctor, one loose end that hadn't been tied up. Should they take him along or was he going to get in the way.

"Random you speak a bit of German. Can you tell the doctor thanks for getting us here, but he really needs to get out of here or is he planning to come with us?".

-----After the discussion is concluded-----

Jack quietly and carefully made his way across the from the special projects area to the door of the hanger. Testing the lock Jack turned the handle and pushed the door open a crack and peered in.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 28 Aug 2013, 14:01

in my best german I say "Thank you for getting us here, and no disrespect but unless you intend to stay it would be in your best interest to leave now while you still can"
Card Pool
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 28 Aug 2013, 14:19

Dr Random wrote:in my best german I say "Thank you for getting us here, and no disrespect but unless you intend to stay it would be in your best interest to leave now while you still can"
Herr Doktor Marlen looks at you with a small amount of surprise, then averts his eyes as he thinks, then purses his lips and explains,

"Javol, mein herr! Ja, es ist Zeit für mich zu gehen. Es ist Zeit für mich zu entkommen und meine Hildy wieder. Danke, meine Freunde, ich danke Ihnen. Viel Glück."

(Random, you understand what he says as "Yes, you are right, sir! Yes, it is time for me to go. It is time for me to escape and see my Hildy, again. Thank you, my friends, thank you. Good luck.")

Having explained this, he moves back to the ladder and asks,

"Was von Shariff und seine Wachen?" ("What about Shariff and his guards?")
Out-of-Character Jack, I'll have to revisit your post, sir.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 28 Aug 2013, 21:34

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Out-of-Character Alexander and Matthias, where do you want to try and look for the pilot, first?
Alex begins moving towards the pilot's quarters.
Out-of-Character Stealth: 12
Roll: 2d10.extra(10) → [8,9] = (17) Bonus: +4
Total: 16
Card Pool

Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 28 Aug 2013, 21:44

Seeing Alex moving towards the pilot barracks, Matthias crosses over to take a quick peek inside the hangar first.
Out-of-Character Torg Roller

1d20 = (20 + 9) = 29 Bonus = 9

Stealth = 22

Code: Select all

My speech colors are: [color=#9c2c8d]#9c2c8d[/color] for speech to others and [color=#2c9c78]#2c9c78[/color] when talking in my own head!
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 29 Aug 2013, 11:04

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack quietly and carefully made his way across the from the special projects area to the door of the hanger. Testing the lock Jack turned the handle and pushed the door open a crack and peered in.
It is pitch-black inside, the hangar door even being closed down to just above water level, where barely any reflection from the water runway is being let in, though it still plays very lightly on the ceiling of the hangar.
Matthias and Alex, both of your Stealth totals are excellent and you make it roughly parallel to Jack's position at the Hangar door, though closer to the Officer's Quarters, before he cracks open the man-sized door to the Hangar. Very shortly after that, you both make it to the what is marked as the Pilot's Quarters on the map, near the fence.

The generator is not quite as loud, here, but it still seems to be masking any noise you inadvertently make while being stealthy.
It doesn't take long for you to find something to kick off the fire. There are all manner of machine parts, lubricants, and cleaning supplies within. Large barrels of aviation gas for the Sea Plane are stacked more or less in the middle of the floor.
GameMaster Note Guys, if you've not yet spent Possibilities to increase skills, and you would like to improve something, please go back a few posts where I explained how to do that, and read? Then, let me know what you would like to do, if anything?