Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt. 2

User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt. 2

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 19 Aug 2013, 00:56

Act One, Scene Three
Guns for Butter (Or Eggs)

Continued, Standard
The Situation: You have several hours before the Edeinos return; you've spent time tidying up the battlefield, questioning Dr. Marlen and Hildy about the device, what Professor Shariff was ordered to do, and what you saw at the base, disabling most of the firearms and moving them outside of the digger, preparing yourselves for potential continued violence, and other sundry things, such as getting something to eat, before you feel, more than hear, the arrival of the Edeinos.

The trees seem to sway as you look around at the destruction of the clearing made by Dr. Marlen's digger, and the ground shakes heavily as something seems to be approaching. Finally, the head of some creature you've not seen in your lifetimes seems to pop up above the trees, an Edeinos atop it, some manner of harness in the beast's mouth, as the lizard man looks out over you all and seems to smile, though it seems more predatory than joyful, then looks back towards the ground behind him and says something loudly and with some amount of happiness.

You might think, Jack, that the beast before you would be a Brontosaurus, but moments after thinking that, you are able to determine just how wrong you are. The body that emerges from the trees seems to be more like a huge, hairy disk of flesh, with a hump rising in the middle of his half-football-field length body, stumpy legs from beneath that appear to be enormously powerful, indeed.

Were it not for the twelve lizard-men, including the 'driver', dismounting from this ground beast of the jungle, with its verdant greens, as if tall grass were growing from its back and the heavy blood-red of the claws and lower legs of the beast, and the blue rings around its neck, you might take your time to gain the confidence of this massive thing and then discover it with all of your Archaeological skills.

Elinore, as you are watching these Edeinos dismount from this frighteningly massive beast, which you've not seen in all your time in the Living Land, you notice one of them happens to be carrying, very loosely, your IDF assigned Adaptive Combat Rifle. Unfortunately, from what you can see of it, the weapon is the worst for wear, seemingly with mud in the barrel and wrapped tightly in vines around much of the upper receiver.

For all of you, it would appear that the Edeinos, in the numbers they have, and with the Bor Aka they've brought with them, the massive creature which looks gentle, but could be as rabid as a Doberman Pinscher or Pit Bull given the proper impetus, you might think twice about fighting.

The group of Edeinos approaches your group, some sort of leader -better decorated than his fellow warriors-, approaches more closely, not looking at any one of you in particular, opens a large bag that looks suspiciously like some manner of scrotum, laced at the top with a thick leather band, takes out a Faberge Egg -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faberg%C3%A9_egg ; a 1912 Czarevich for any who are seeking to see what it looks like- and holds it up high in both hands, like some sort of prize. The Edeinos around the leader all seem to drop to their elbows and knees and begin a practice of worship, gesticulating and rolling around like this thing is their god, until the leader yells at them, beating some of them, drawing blood on some, and telling them to get up.

A Human female, not yet seen by any of you, seems to emerge, now, from within the crowd and, being obsequious to the leader waits for him to hit her across the back with his Hrockt club, drawing blood there, as well, before she speaks. She looks none of you in the eyes, but speaks boldly and plainly, in English,

"The egg for the guns is what our High Lord Baruk Kaah has sent us to trade. You may demonstrate one of these dead things to my lord," she gestures to the leader here and continues, "and then we will conclude our trade and leave."
Out-of-Character How do you want to handle this, guys? I don't know if you all received Dr Random's attempt to send a group PM the other day, or not, but if you did, then you should be able to do the same thing. Just look around your PMs in your profile, and you can figure out how to do it.

EDIT: Sheesh, this is what I get for staying up late to write this, hehe. Misspellings, wrong font, etc.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Mablin » 19 Aug 2013, 14:55

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:Elinore, as you are watching these Edeinos dismount from this frighteningly massive beast, which you've not seen in all your time in the Living Land, you notice one of them happens to be carrying, very loosely, your IDF assigned Adaptive Combat Rifle. Unfortunately, from what you can see of it, the weapon is the worst for wear, seemingly with mud in the barrel and wrapped tightly in vines around much of the upper receiver.
__________________________________________________
She looks none of you in the eyes, but speaks boldly and plainly, in English,

"The egg for the guns is what our High Lord Baruk Kaah has sent us to trade. You may demonstrate one of these dead things to my lord," she gestures to the leader here and continues, "and then we will conclude our trade and leave."
When she is finished, I ask her,

"Will it be alright if we trade for something more than just the crates for the egg? One of your mighty warriors has something that belongs to me, and I want it back."
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 19 Aug 2013, 16:34

Jack waited in anticipation with the others for the Edeinos to emerge from the jungle and when they did they made their entrance in style riding a prehistoric giant. Jack’s instinct went into overload being presented with such a unique experience. Jack had to resist approaching the creature and inspecting it up close. Pulling himself together Jack refocused back to the job in hand.

Waiting patiently as the female said her piece Jack was about to respond when Elinore replied to the woman. Jack looked over at Elinore and calmly stepped alongside her. “What else do we want from these guys? Let’s not turn this deal sour. We just want that egg and then we’re out of here”.

Jack slowly moved over to one of the crates and pulled out a working rifle. Whilst still watching the exchange between Elinore and the spokeswoman for the Edeinos.

OOC – Guys what is the consensus here. Do we want to make the trade and let them go on their way? Or do we want to take them out ?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Mablin » 19 Aug 2013, 17:53

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack looked over at Elinore and calmly stepped alongside her. “What else do we want from these guys? Let’s not turn this deal sour. We just want that egg and then we’re out of here”.

OOC – Guys what is the consensus here. Do we want to make the trade and let them go on their way? Or do we want to take them out ?
Elinore pointed as inconspicuously as possible at the Edeinos in the back carrying her rifle, and explained in a loud enough for Jack to hear,

"That is my rifle. I love that rifle. It is sighted and set up specifically for me, using techniques the world envies. It looks as though some cleaning and mechanical adjustment, and we will be a couple, again. Besides, I can trade one of their spears back to him," she explains as she leans down while the praying is in its last seconds and picks up one of the pair of Hrockt Spears she took from the site of the battle of the truck, earlier.
Out-of-Character For my part, if we have a battle, then there will be a battle. However, I think their overgrown house-pet might have something to say about whether or not we get out alive. Besides, the digging machine... we still need it to get where we're going and, if that Bor Aka gets loose and damages it, we'll be going no where anytime soon.
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 19 Aug 2013, 18:07

Elinore wrote:When she is finished, I ask her,

"Will it be alright if we trade for something more than just the crates for the egg? One of your mighty warriors has something that belongs to me, and I want it back."
She turns to ask, very obsequiously, her leader if that is okay, seeming to speak flawless Edeinos, while...
Jack_Jones wrote:Jack looked over at Elinore and calmly stepped alongside her. “What else do we want from these guys? Let’s not turn this deal sour. We just want that egg and then we’re out of here”.
Elinore wrote:"That is my rifle. I love that rifle. It is sighted and set up specifically for me, using techniques the world envies. It looks as though some cleaning and mechanical adjustment, and we will be a couple, again. Besides, I can trade one of their spears back to him," she explains as she leans down while the praying is in its last seconds and picks up one of the pair of Hrockt Spears she took from the site of the battle of the truck, earlier.
This is when the leader looks up and waits for the Human female to stop speaking before he nods in your direction. The woman then speaks,

"He says yes, and you may deal with the one you wish to deal with."
Jack_Jones wrote:Jack slowly moved over to one of the crates and pulled out a working rifle. Whilst still watching the exchange between Elinore and the spokeswoman for the Edeinos.
The Edeinos leader seems to nod approvingly, showing no fear whatsoever as you pull a rifle out and begin showing him the quality of it. He simply nods, then speaks in a low voice to his translator, who then explains,

"He does not understand how these weapons work, nor is he required to know. Baruk Kaah the Great only sent us to trade the egg for the crates of guns, and to return. Do we have a trade?"
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Mablin » 19 Aug 2013, 18:10

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:This is when the leader looks up and waits for the Human female to stop speaking before he nods in your direction. The woman then speaks,

"He says yes, and you may deal with the one you wish to deal with."
I will walk up, boldly but not aggressively, to the Edeinos with my rifle, point at the rifle, place my palm against my chest, then point at the Spear I'm looking to trade, and then an open hand to the Edeinos.
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 20 Aug 2013, 16:45

Jack placed the weapon back in the crate after the demonstration of the rifle.

"Yes we have a trade the Egg and that weapon for all these guns" Jack replied indicating to the egg and Elinore's weapon.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Dr Random
Novice
Novice
Posts: 54
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 15:17

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Dr Random » 20 Aug 2013, 19:27

(OOC: I have nothing to post on, i'm going to go along with anything you guys are doing)
Card Pool
User avatar
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 15:39

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 20 Aug 2013, 19:29

Alex scans the surrounding forest for any suspicous activity as the trade is made.
Card Pool


Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 20 Aug 2013, 19:30

Elinore wrote:I will walk up, boldly but not aggressively, to the Edeinos with my rifle, point at the rifle, place my palm against my chest, then point at the Spear I'm looking to trade, and then an open hand to the Edeinos.
Despite the fact Edeinos' facial expressions are far different than those of Humans, or many other creatures for that matter, you might think this one were actually sighing in relief, and smiling, at the prospect of getting rid of the heavy dead thing. He readily trades the ACR back to you. Hefting it seems to cause him a bit of trouble, and since mud is dripping from the barrel and the scope is off-kilter -though you won't really be able to tell the damage to it until you have an opportunity to take it apart- you could think that it's more of a burden than he thought it might be.
GameMaster Note I still have to work up some statistics, Lee, but I'll try to get to that, soon. I may be on a collision course with Piranha Games because they're intent to release MechWarrior Online on the 17th of September. If I want to keep the unit name, I may actually need to put the unit back together between now and then, and then figure out how to deal with it while I'm focusing on college and moving next Spring. So, it may take a bit to get to these stats.
______________________________
Jack_Jones wrote:"Yes we have a trade the Egg and that weapon for all these guns" Jack replied indicating to the egg and Elinore's weapon.
When his translator explains what you've just said, he nods vociferously, then holds the egg out for you to take. He offers the bag with it.
GameMaster Note Unless there's something left to do on your side (please feel free to post, if there is)...
The Edeinos turns back to his supplicants and chitters something at them, and all of them -including the one you were dealing with, Elinore- move to pick up the crates. The weapon crates are too awkward for an individual to pick up, so two trips are actually made from the crate and ammo stack to the Bor Aka, where they are secured, and then they come back for the ammunition, loading it, as well.
GameMaster Note If there's nothing left to do, I will start Scene Four tomorrow morning...
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Mablin » 20 Aug 2013, 19:36

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:...you might think this one were actually sighing in relief, and smiling, at the prospect of getting rid of the heavy dead thing.
I smile back and nod my head before I back away from the Edeinos. When the leader chitters at them and the one I traded with runs to serve, I will turn around...
GameMaster Note I still have to work up some statistics, Lee, but I'll try to get to that, soon.
(OOC: No problem. Unless there's still at least one magazine of ammo, I probably won't be able to use the weapon until I have time to repair and clean it.)
He offers the bag with it.
Staring at what appears to be the scrotum bag, hehe, if I can catch Jack's attention and shake my head, I will.
GameMaster Note If there's nothing left to do, I will start Scene Four tomorrow morning...
(OOC: I'm good.)
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 21 Aug 2013, 09:45

Act One, Scene Four
Off to Egypt

Standard
The Situation: After several hours of repairs directed by Herr Doktor Marlen, with translations by Hildy of what needs to be done, ensuring that all which needs to be stowed, is, and you button up the machine, you are finally on your way.

However, ten minutes later, the digging device stops, again, and the good Doctor goes to knock on Hildy's door. After a fair exchange of words ranging in viscosity from gentle to screaming like an old married couple, you finally see Marlen stomp his foot on the metal deck plating and yelling something at the young woman that she, for whatever reason, cannot respond to. Indeed, clamping her mouth shut, she turns gently, as a lady, fills a bag with a few things, closes it and, holding it with both hands, moves to one of the ladders up to exit the device.

Tapping one of you on the shoulder, Marlen points toward the exit Hildy is waiting at and asks you something in German, then says,

"Help, please?" He then moves to the base of the ladder, climbs it, opens the hatch, and climbs out, turning back to accept Hildy's bag.
GameMaster Note If any of you exit the digger, you will find that you are on the outskirts of Atlanta, perhaps one-hundred or so yards from the camp you've been working out of in order to provide food and sundries for the people in the Living Land. How you arrived so quickly you're not quite certain.
Herr Doktor Marlen speaks to Hildy and she translates,

"Mein Vater says I am to stay here. If you need to communicate with anyone, here, you have ten minutes or so, and then he will take you to the base at Thebes, if you still want to go."
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 21 Aug 2013, 11:07

Jack climbed out of the digging machine quite impressed that they had made it in one piece and the fact they we're on the doorstep of the camp was even more impressive.

"Yes we do have some business to attend to here but the airbase is the next stop, so dont leave without me".

Jack carried the egg with him as he made his way to the camp. Jack wasn't quite sure what to do with this egg. Should they keep hold of it? Probably not if it fell into the wrong hands it could be catastrophic. Jack guessed it was best tpgive it over and let someone analyse it.

Also this seemed a good opportunity to lose their prisoners.

Jack approached the gates.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 21 Aug 2013, 14:00

Out-of-Character Oh, yeah. Okay, so what do you want to do first, Jack?

If anyone else has anything to do at this camp, please let me know what it is so we can resolve it?

Also, we may be losing Jason (Matthias' player) for a little while; I'm not for sure yet, and I can't give you a reason, he would need to. I just wanted to let you all know this is a possibility.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 21 Aug 2013, 17:11

OOC - That's a shame about Jason. Hope everything is ok for you Jason. Hopefully we'll see you back soon.

Paul I'm not sure how you want to play this but Jack's intention here would be to do the following;

- Hand over the egg for examination and analysis
- Unload the prisoners so they can be detained and questioned
- Provide a debriefing to the commanding officer or his deputy on what has been seen and the Lizards plans
- Ask for an additional firearm. A small sub machine gun would be nice and some ammo :)

If you want to fast forward this so we can get back to the main storyline then I'm happy for you to do that.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Locked