Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt. 2

Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight) Pt

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 21 Aug 2013, 21:03

Alex begins asking around the camp, flashing a picture as he asks of Edward Cuttleway, hoping to ascertain the location of his runaway informant.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 21 Aug 2013, 21:23

Jack_Jones wrote:Paul I'm not sure how you want to play this but Jack's intention here would be to do the following;

- Hand over the egg for examination and analysis
- Unload the prisoners so they can be detained and questioned
- Provide a debriefing to the commanding officer or his deputy on what has been seen and the Lizards plans
- Ask for an additional firearm. A small sub machine gun would be nice and some ammo :)
GameMaster Note Okay, fast forward it is, then... let me address these one at a time...
  1. From what you remember about the camp, it's a Red Cross, Red Crescent, and UN camp, not really a military facility, though there is a nearby Battalion on-loan from the U.S. government, out of Houston, Texas, who stand between the Eastern Living Land and the camp. There are no scientists, only Doctors, and of the one or two you're able to show the egg to very quickly, they explain it's a Faberge Egg, very delicate, very expensive, though they cannot tell you anything beyond that.
  2. Unfortunately, because you spend so much time looking for someone to investigate the egg, and since you didn't tell anyone about your plan to unload your prisoners, unless one of the other party members speaks up and takes on the job, without meta-gaming it, the prisoners will stay where they are, hehe. Also, unless you take them to the military guys, perhaps the Officer in Charge, there's really no where to keep these guys at all. How do you want to play this?
  3. There is no real Commanding Officer, as the Major in charge of the Battalion protecting the place is not attached or directly affiliated with the camp, and is simply there to defend it. Dr.... Strader... sure, that will work... is in charge of the camp, in general, but he's in surgery and the closest you have is a charge nurse who doesn't know you and explains,

"You should probably wait for the Doctor to get out of surgery, and tell him, because we're so busy, here that I won't remember a thing you tell me. I'm sorry, but I have to go, now."
  4. Ummm, an additional firearm? What about all the Schmeisser's in the digger? You traded 8 crates of M-1 Garand's, about 80 of them without their firing pins, if I got my numbers right, not the Schmeisser's, right? There's ammo in the digger, too, and the guns have the right tech axiom, hehe.
  5. As Admiral Greer likes to say to Jack Ryan, " I told you to speak your mind Jack, but Jesus!" (giggles) Now, honestly, you have about ten minutes, Herr Doktor Marlen said he would be ready to go in ten minutes, hehe, there's no way to get ALL of this done in ten minutes... in other words, "I told you to let me know what you wanted to do, Jack, but Jesus!" :lol:
Out-of-Character You show it to various folks in camp that are not already so busy they don't have time to look -indeed, some of them become fairly surly with you because they are too busy-, but no one seems to have seen him.
"Sir, have you tried the refugee and victim identification wall in downtown Atlanta. You may have better luck there, if you have the time?" An elderly woman busy moving laundry from a mobile washer in the back of a big rig trailer to a dryer in the slot below it explains to you.
Out-of-Character Atlanta is roughly twenty miles from where you are, now, and you would not have time to get there, let alone have any time to look or get back before the digger is set to leave. Sorry.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 21 Aug 2013, 21:24

I come out of the digger last, most likely, and look around but, realizing there is not enough time to do anything, here, I go back down into the digger and double-check the door Shariff and the small remainder of his men are locked and welded into.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 22 Aug 2013, 02:36

Haha....right ok I thought this was a military base.

Ok sounds like we're best off keeping the egg. Long shot but is there and xray machine here?

Looks like were stuck with our prisoners. Unless we could drop them off somewhere where they wont cause trouble

Jack will make do with an MP40.

Would it be possible to get some medical supplies for our journey?

------------

After a quick tour round the camp Jack headed back to the digging machine and the others.

Approaching Hildie jack asked some questions

"Hi Hildie, have you been to this base before? Why does your father seem keen to get there I would have thought that he would want to get as far awaybas possible".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 22 Aug 2013, 09:19

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex begins asking around the camp, flashing a picture as he asks of Edward Cuttleway, hoping to ascertain the location of his runaway informant.
Out-of-Character You show it to various folks in camp that are not already so busy they don't have time to look -indeed, some of them become fairly surly with you because they are too busy-, but no one seems to have seen him.
"Sir, have you tried the refugee and victim identification wall in downtown Atlanta. You may have better luck there, if you have the time?" An elderly woman busy moving laundry from a mobile washer in the back of a big rig trailer to a dryer in the slot below it explains to you.
Alex sighs and walks back to the digger.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Aug 2013, 10:00

Jack_Jones wrote:Haha....right ok I thought this was a military base.
Out-of-Character I actually had no plan to come back to the base, but it seemed a logical place to drop Hildy off.
Ok sounds like we're best off keeping the egg. Long shot but is there and xray machine here?
Out-of-Character There are a few X-Ray tents you could get into, but where would you have the X-Ray sent?
Would it be possible to get some medical supplies for our journey?
Out-of-Character Yes, you know you can get at least one field paramedic level medical kit from the very loose supply tent the Red Cross has set up, right now.
------------

After a quick tour round the camp Jack headed back to the digging machine and the others.

Approaching Hildie jack asked some questions

"Hi Hildie, have you been to this base before? Why does your father seem keen to get there I would have thought that he would want to get as far awaybas possible".
Out-of-Character You would probably have to talk to Hildy outside of the digging machine, as she explains her father is not allowing her to come with you, but...
"No, I have not been here, before.

"Mein vater knows you and your friends can stop whatever Mobius und Shariff were planning, but he also knows it must be fast, or your world will remain gestoppt.

"You are wettlauf... racing... against time, Herr Jones."
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 22 Aug 2013, 10:55

Jack is the last one to get back in the digging machine.

"Let's go" he said shutting and securing the hatch
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Aug 2013, 12:19

GameMaster Note Alright, if no one else has anything else to do, and we'll wait until this evening/tonight before I close out this act and get the next one started.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Aug 2013, 22:00

GameMaster Note We’re about to transition from Act One to Act Two…

Your Possibilities have already been added to your character sheets and uploaded. If you want to know the ways in which you can improve your character by spending Possibilities, please take a look here! Look, particularly, at the bottom two rows of that chart, concerning improving skills, arcane knowledges, etc., and your attributes. It would serve you well to keep a minimum of 7 Possibilities. The rewards for the act may not seem all that great, but I give awards both on-the-spot during play, and at the end of each Act and Adventure, as recommended. Look at your Accrued number to find out how many you’ve earned this Act thus far. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

The first thread of our game, which encompassed the first and second scenes of the first act went entirely too long. From now on, I’ll more or less play it by ear; if ONE scene takes up so many pages, I think around 7, the next scene will go into a new thread. As always, I will put a link at the end of each thread. Again, I do shorter threads this way in a vain attempt to make it easier to find former information.

There was some decent role-playing in this thread, even though this introductory adventure is designed to introduce you to as many aspects of game-play as possible, hence a lot of combat. I’m hoping to find a way to improve the desires of our players to want to get into this game more and post more quickly; I understand real-life HAS to come first, but I’m hoping that is not to the exclusion of our game.

This next act will require a bit more thought and memory; you guys need to be on your toes with questions for clarification and ideas you might be able to perform through your character, and be thinking like a detective-adventurer. This story is yours… make it a good one.

Click here to move to Act Two!
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 23 Aug 2013, 00:46

Hi paul just a couple of questions

Can you spend possibilities on skills that your character doesn't have ie dodge for jack? I know there are some which are only taken at character generation.

Also is there a limit on how much you can increase a skill? So is it 1 to 2 or could I increase something from 1 to 3 ?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 23 Aug 2013, 09:04

Jack_Jones wrote:Hi paul just a couple of questions

Can you spend possibilities on skills that your character doesn't have ie dodge for jack? I know there are some which are only taken at character generation.

Also is there a limit on how much you can increase a skill? So is it 1 to 2 or could I increase something from 1 to 3 ?
Out-of-Character Magnificent questions...

First, you can find the complete skills listing, here... http://www.wolvesau.net/torg/rules.htm#skills . These are arranged by their managing attribute; though that attribute can be changed on the fly if the game requires it, the managing attribute never changes for experience purposes. Skills that are not bold or bold and italicized can be purchased outright, as any restrictions they may have are little and not enough to bar you from purchasing them. The others mentioned above generally require some sort of training, though you can ask me and we'll see if you could get the skill just from things you've done during the game, or if they will actually require training.

According to the game, there is no limit to the number of Adds you can put into a single skill. However, there are two reasons, one system and one meta, that perhaps you shouldn't increase skills too high. The first, for the system, is because skills can be abused pretty badly at too high a level; however, at this time, I'm not going to look at limiting Skill Adds, and likely won't unless there's some abuse that begins to take place. Second, for the meta-game reason, but I suppose it's also for the system, is that sending a single skill too high, as opposed to developing other skills, will limit your hero to one or a couple of roles, at best.

Is increasing skills limited from Add-to-Add (ie - 1 to 2), or can you go from 1 to 3 right away? Each new Add you put into a skill requires a number of Possibilities equal to the new level; so, if you're going from 1 to 2, it will cost you 2 Possibilities, but going from 1 to 3 will cost 5 (2 + 3 for 1 to 2, and then 2 to 3). So, if you have enough Possibilities, you can go as far as you want.

I might just see if I can figure out how to add these to the rules page, or make a clarification. Fantastic questions, things I wouldn't have thought of; thank you, good sir!