Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

User avatar
Matthias
Novice
Novice
Posts: 183
Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 13:25

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Matthias » 18 Aug 2013, 15:24

With a curt nod to Jack, Matthias makes his way quickly back up the ladder. he then explains to Amsi what the current plan is and asks if Amsi will help or not.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗




╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Aug 2013, 16:09

"I will help all I can, but I must not be seen by the others and, the longer I am away from them, the more bruised and battered I must be. Or, when you return me to them, in that makeshift cell, they will finish me. It is very important that I look as though you beat me while forcing me to help you. Do you understand?" Amsi's face is one of fear, especially, you might suspect, of Professor Shariff, as he was not killed.
______________________________
GameMaster Note Alright, time to get this story back on track, my friends. Assumptions...

1) You've locked the remaining three Shocktroops into a locked storage room, for which you do find the keys, with Professor Shariff;

2) You're disarming most of the weapons, all but two, or all but two per crate of 12, in an effort to make the exchange for the egg-key;

3) You have either decided to dress a few of you up as Shocktroops and, perhaps, to imitate Shariff, or you've decided the Edeinos don't care what you look like, because you are all dead things to them, anyway. At this point, any plan will work;

4) You are all prepared for the next scene to commence, by doing what the following says...
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:Please cut your cards from your signature blocks, and paste them back into your hands (your secret forum). Once you've done that, go through and determine what four cards you believe will be most helpful to you in the future and delete the rest. Of the four cards you have remaining, you may then tell me if you wish to discard your least useful ONE card, and I will roll a new one for you to place with your remaining three cards, so you will be at the minimum for the next scene, alright?

If there are any questions, as always, please let me know? If I receive no further questions or role-play prior to tomorrow morning, I will begin the next scene, then. Role-playing ALWAYS trumps the speed at which the story moves, as long as it continues to move; it has not really been doing so, and that's telling me it's time to move the story along.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 15:39

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 18 Aug 2013, 21:42

Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
______________________________
GameMaster Note Alright, time to get this story back on track, my friends. Assumptions...

1) You've locked the remaining three Shocktroops into a locked storage room, for which you do find the keys, with Professor Shariff;

2) You're disarming most of the weapons, all but two, or all but two per crate of 12, in an effort to make the exchange for the egg-key;

3) You have either decided to dress a few of you up as Shocktroops and, perhaps, to imitate Shariff, or you've decided the Edeinos don't care what you look like, because you are all dead things to them, anyway. At this point, any plan will work;

4) You are all prepared for the next scene to commence, by doing what the following says...
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:Please cut your cards from your signature blocks, and paste them back into your hands (your secret forum). Once you've done that, go through and determine what four cards you believe will be most helpful to you in the future and delete the rest. Of the four cards you have remaining, you may then tell me if you wish to discard your least useful ONE card, and I will roll a new one for you to place with your remaining three cards, so you will be at the minimum for the next scene, alright?

If there are any questions, as always, please let me know? If I receive no further questions or role-play prior to tomorrow morning, I will begin the next scene, then. Role-playing ALWAYS trumps the speed at which the story moves, as long as it continues to move; it has not really been doing so, and that's telling me it's time to move the story along.
Out-of-Character That sounds about right. Aside from continuing his work on the guns (and showing anyone who joins him how to remove the firing pins), I can't think of anything else that Alex could do.
Card Pool


Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Aug 2013, 23:19

Out-of-Character Alright, Lee continues to have a spate of bad luck with having time, I'm afraid, as he's finally contacted me about some of what is going on. He's asked me to run Elinore for him for a little while. Thus, I'm going to go back and do some reading and see if I can get some responses down from Elinore's last post, tonight, and then tomorrow morning I'll move us onto Scene 3.

I'm going to start a new thread, since this one's run so long... I was hoping to fit a full act into one thread, but this one's already 23 pages and close to 400 posts, and that's just too long for any thread, hehe. In fact, I may even do what I've done for Warhammer all these years, starting the new thread, pasting a link in this one, tonight, and then allowing for a bit more posting before I lock it.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Mablin » 19 Aug 2013, 00:29

First, let me apologize for not responding; I have my reasons, and I’ll explain something when I return, if it’s appropriate. Second, this is 20 type-written standard format pages I’m going through, so I will not be answering a lot, but I will answer what is relevant.
Jack_Jones wrote:"Hey Elinore one more to tie up coming up now".
Out-of-Character I would have asked Detective Pepper to watch the guys tied up, now, while I moved to the ladder with Matthias and then accepted the prisoner to add to my little collection.
"Move. No funny business" Jack said to the shocktrooper indicating up the ladder with the Beretta. Standing back Jack kept his gun trained on the shocktropper as he made his way up to Elinore.”
I explain to him in the best Egyptian I know,

“Don’t do anything stupid, for I remember my Papa telling me stories of the war of ’67, and I am still angry about it, even though I was not old enough to be in it. My anger will transfer to your body if you do not cooperate.”
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
GameMaster Note Okay, this is all changed, now, because of... viewtopic.php?p=8936#p8936 ; scroll down to the title "A Little While Later...". Sometimes these things happen, where there's some confusion, or posting on information that is incomplete because I tend to write too much, etc.

If you guys want to change your posts to better match the story, or to delete them altogether, and then pick up the story thread, feel free to do so, it's all good. You can each begin doing that from THIS post... viewtopic.php?p=8942#p8942 , and it's alright.
(OOC: I had no posts in this section, at all, so I am fine and neither need to delete nor change anything.)
Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex helps to tie up the remaining guards that are knocked out but not dead, then stands with his back to a tree, watching everyone else and even pulling out his journal for another entry.
(OOC: Had I been able to be here, I might have asked you about what you were writing about. That may have to be role-played later.)
Jack_Jones wrote:Jack left the book open on a flat surface on the page he had just read for anyone else to read.

“Elinore, Matthias, Alex we need to talk” Jack called up to the other half of the party who were currently guarding their prisoners.

OOC - Guys we need to think about what we’re going to do with these shocktroppers we’ve captured as they are going to become a burden on us. Personally I think we lock them up in the digging machine in an empty storage room. But open to suggestions…..And we need to hide the dead bodies from the scene outside.

I think we need to intercept the upcoming trade. Whatever this egg is referred to in the journal we cant let that fall into the enemies hands. I think really we have two options give the lizards the guns and make the trade. Or wipe them out and take the egg.
Having just completed putting the three Shocktroopers in the cell with Shariff, and also looking over the journal entries Jack pointed out, then thumbing through the pages for some other intelligence that might be useful to the IDF or, perhaps Mossad, I more or less nod my head in agreement with everything Jack has explained.
Out-of-Character A few things we need to do- Clearing the scene of a gun fight – could be interesting

A plan on how we intercept this trade
Nodding again, I volunteer,

“I will begin working immediately to clean up the mess outside. There will be tell-tale signs of the gun fight and my cleaning, but I will do all I can to work that out and, hopefully, these Edeinos are too stupid to catch on. As for how to work this trade, in my dealings with the Edeinos, brief as they have been, they show a great deal of two dimensional thinking, and though they are fierce warriors, they go everywhere worshipping this Lanala, whom I think is their deity. This blinds them to the more important business of warfare, and though they are not easy prey, it means they are easier than most I have faced in my career. Do not underestimate them, but I don’t believe they could care less if you’re wearing a uniform or a too-too; to them you are a dead thing, and little else.

“I will be outside.” As expressed, I will go outside and try to clean up the bodies the best I can, looting them for any identification they may have which might point to any militant or terrorist elements they may have been part of, so they can be crossed off any lists in my homeland. Their weapons and ammunition will go into the digging device.
Alexander Pepper wrote:…taking any unoccupied prisoners down with him (OOC: If there are any left, I'm kind of confused on that part)
(OOC: No, you, Matthias, and Amsi would have needed to help me to safely get them to the bottom, what with the hole in the floor.)
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Out-of-Character Anyone who is interested in trying to think of solutions for what can be done…
(OOC: Paul PM’d me about this, about using my real-world Army knowledge, which my character would also know, about taking out the firing pins, but I just couldn’t be here.)
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
Out-of-Character Absolutely excellent podcast about keeping games running.

http://p5productions.com/roleplaydna/20 ... erailed-2/

I know this was designed more for dealing with tabletop, but I think it applies here, somewhat, as well.
(OOC: Hey, hey, hey, no using my own podcast against me, hehe. I will try to do better in the future.)
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
GameMaster Note Please cut your cards…
(OOC: Done!)
Jack_Jones wrote:
Out-of-Character Also how many shocktroppers outfits do we have?
(OOC: Grimace! Did you want me to keep any of these from these Guards up-top?)
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
GameMaster Note Alright, time to get this story back on track, my friends. Assumptions...

3) You have either decided to dress a few of you up as Shocktroops and, perhaps, to imitate Shariff, or you've decided the Edeinos don't care what you look like, because you are all dead things to them, anyway. At this point, any plan will work;
(OOC: This is one I need an answer on, please? Can I keep the good uniforms you wrote about, earlier?)

(OOC: Alright, this is sort of long, but I think it covers everything up to this point.)
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 19 Aug 2013, 01:05

Elinore wrote:
Sir Alain Fisk wrote:
GameMaster Note Alright, time to get this story back on track, my friends. Assumptions...

3) You have either decided to dress a few of you up as Shocktroops and, perhaps, to imitate Shariff, or you've decided the Edeinos don't care what you look like, because you are all dead things to them, anyway. At this point, any plan will work;
(OOC: This is one I need an answer on, please? Can I keep the good uniforms you wrote about, earlier?)
GameMaster Note By the time you start policing bodies for information and go to put them away, the jungle has already begun, for the most part, to swallow them up... it's a World Law for the Living Land. Anyway, the uniforms for the Guards killed on the digger mound are no good, leaving you the uniform Jack is wearing, those of the three Guards, and Shariff. Sorry, it just took too long for the World Law to resist taking them.
______________________________
GameMaster Note Alright, I've begun the new thread, here... viewtopic.php?p=8994#p8994 . Technically, in about three minutes, it will be tomorrow morning, so there you go; I kept my word, hehe.

If you have more role-playing you're certain you want to do in this thread, I'll give a couple more days to finish things up, per normal.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Locked