Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 16 Aug 2013, 13:29

Out-of-Character Absolutely excellent podcast about keeping games running.

http://p5productions.com/roleplaydna/20 ... erailed-2/

I know this was designed more for dealing with tabletop, but I think it applies here, somewhat, as well.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 16 Aug 2013, 18:39

Jack made his way round the digging machine making a mental note of the layout of the vessel. Jack was looking for a suitable holding room for their prisoners as they were unnecessary baggage. As he left each room he inspected the door to see if they were lockable from the outside.

When in the Shocktroppers bunk room. Jack checked behind the posters just in case they were hiding an secret compartments or documents.

After the search Jack headed back to the pilot area to find Hildie and her father.

"Hildie your father is a clever man and could help us here. You see these guns" Jack said pointing a crate of rifles "We need to do something to them that stops them from working. There is a workshop on this digging machine can your father show us a way to break these weapons on the inside?" Jack looked round at Dr Random

"Can you explain this better than me. We need to disable these weapons, but subtly so no one can tell by looking at them. There's a workshop of tools down the hall and this Dr is an engineering expert. We must be able to do something" Jack left Dr Random to translate the problem and find a solution with the German doctor and his daughter.

Next stop was Shariff. Entering the room he was currently being held in Jack looked him up and down.

"Good to see you up and about........." Jack paused for a moment

"We have control of your machine and all your men have either surrendered to us or they are dead. Now the Geneva convention states that I need to treat prisoners of war humanly. But you know what I'm not so sure that counts in your situation. That was designed for human beings not for creatures from another world" Jack pause again.

"However that said I am willing to extend the terms of that agreement to you as long as you co-operate. So it looks like you need to start talking about what your doing here, so first thing I need to know is, when are the lizards coming for the weapons?"Jack waited for a response whether he answered or not he continued with his questions.

"What does the Egg do ?".
"How do you plan to use it ?".
"Where is this airbase?" Jack said holding up the map of the airbase.

Paul

Are any of the doors in the digger lockable ?
What are the prisoners tied up with ?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 16 Aug 2013, 21:39

Alex turns to Jack, an idea popping into his head after looking at the barrel.

"We could remove the Firing pins from the weapons. That would leave them useless, and the lizards are still using spears, suggesting that their not intelligent enough for maintaining their weapons."
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 16 Aug 2013, 22:40

"can anyone see any schematics lying around for the guns?"
Card Pool
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Aug 2013, 00:02

Jack_Jones wrote:When in the Shocktroppers bunk room. Jack checked behind the posters just in case they were hiding an secret compartments or documents.
GameMaster Note Nothing to be found. The 'walls' of the digger are small-i-beam and sheet steel reinforced iron without spaces between wall sections.
"Hildie your father is a clever man and could help us here. You see these guns" Jack said pointing a crate of rifles "We need to do something to them that stops them from working. There is a workshop on this digging machine can your father show us a way to break these weapons on the inside?" Jack looked round at Dr Random

"Can you explain this better than me. We need to disable these weapons, but subtly so no one can tell by looking at them. There's a workshop of tools down the hall and this Dr is an engineering expert. We must be able to do something" Jack left Dr Random to translate the problem and find a solution with the German doctor and his daughter.
Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex turns to Jack, an idea popping into his head after looking at the barrel.

"We could remove the Firing pins from the weapons. That would leave them useless, and the lizards are still using spears, suggesting that their not intelligent enough for maintaining their weapons."
Jack_Jones wrote:"Good to see you up and about........." Jack paused for a moment
Shariff spits on the floor at your feet, obviously challenging you to a fist-fight, and putting up his dukes to prove it,

"I may not see you the way our Nazi allies would see you, but you are still the lesser man, Englishman." His nose flies into the air when he calls you Englishman, but his eyes are very much on you, and you can see his fear is nonexistent; defiant to the last, a commander.
"We have control of your machine and all your men have either surrendered to us or they are dead. Now the Geneva convention states that I need to treat prisoners of war humanly. But you know what I'm not so sure that counts in your situation. That was designed for human beings not for creatures from another world" Jack pause again.

"However that said I am willing to extend the terms of that agreement to you as long as you co-operate. So it looks like you need to start talking about what your doing here, so first thing I need to know is, when are the lizards coming for the weapons?" Jack waited for a response whether he answered or not he continued with his questions.

"What does the Egg do ?".
"How do you plan to use it ?".
"Where is this airbase?" Jack said holding up the map of the airbase.
His fists come down to belly-level, seeing he's not going to get a rise out of you, though his lips clamp tight and you see his jaw set, again, in defiance. He does not intend to answer your questions.
Paul

Are any of the doors in the digger lockable ?
What are the prisoners tied up with ?
GameMaster Note All doors are lockable, but they are more-or-less on a common/skeleton key system, and you haven't located the keys, as yet.
Dr Random wrote:"can anyone see any schematics lying around for the guns?"
GameMaster Note There is one instructors manual in the bottom of the crate that was opened, and likely there are manuals in the same place in each of the other seven crates.
GameMaster Note Gang, I have to ask you what you intend to do with the three prisoners, and Amsi, top-side. Elinore and Matthias -being the only two players who've not answered in quite some time, regardless of whether or not they have logged on, ahem- are the only two PCs top-side, with Amsi preferring to remain out of sight so he can actually return home, so he's in the digger, as well, trying to remain inconspicuous while waiting for the return of his clothing.

Also, since this is, basically, nearing the very end of the scene, unless someone else is going to start a fight, it's time to pare down your cards for the end of the scene.

Please cut your cards from your signature blocks, and paste them back into your hands (your secret forum). Once you've done that, go through and determine what four cards you believe will be most helpful to you in the future and delete the rest. Of the four cards you have remaining, you may then tell me you wish to discard your least useful ONE card, and I will roll a new one for you to place with your remaining three cards to place you at minimum for the next scene, alright?

If there are any questions, as always, please let me know?
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 17 Aug 2013, 03:18

Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex turns to Jack, an idea popping into his head after looking at the barrel.

Jack nodded at Alex.

"That sounds like a plan for the rifles, good thinking Alex. You and Dr Random sort those guns out dont forget we do need a couple that still work for demonstration purposes".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 17 Aug 2013, 03:49

Jack made no emotional response to Shariff's attempts to rile him. Nor did he react when the Professor suddenly became a mute. Jack grabbed a sheet out of one of the cupboards and started to rip it up into long strips whilst watching Shariff. Once he had two long strip he advanced towards Shariff.

"Turnaround please" Jack asked then grabbing each hand he used the strips of material as binding to fasten Shariff's hand behind his back. After Jack had finished he turned Shariff around.

"Sit down" Jack said help him to the floor with a bump.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" Jack gave Shariff a short opportunity to speak as he began to walk out of the housewares storage room and back to the rest of the party.

"Hildie I have another question for you. Was you locked in your cabin? Is so who held the keys? Also can you just keep an eye on Shariff's door for a few seconds" Jack asked then made his way to the foot of ladder and shouted up to Matthias and Elinore.

"Guys we need to get you down here to help. I suggest we use either a storeroom or a cabin has a holding cell. Can you start bringing them down one by one. Also check the lieutenant to see if he has any keys on him".

Jack returned to where Hildie was to relief her of sentry duty.

"Hildie one more thing what was Shariff asking your father to do? Did he want him to dig to find something or dig so he could use the egg beneath the surface?".

Paul - I think I tied Shariff up before, but wanted to do a better job and make him less mobile
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Aug 2013, 10:41

Jack_Jones wrote:"Turnaround please" Jack asked then grabbing each hand he used the strips of material as binding to fasten Shariff's hand behind his back. After Jack had finished he turned Shariff around.

"Sit down" Jack said help him to the floor with a bump.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" Jack gave Shariff a short opportunity to speak as he began to walk out of the housewares storage room and back to the rest of the party.
"I will find you," Shariff began, stopping himself from saying the rest, though you might be able to glean the remainder of his meaning from there...
"Hildie I have another question for you. Was you locked in your cabin? Is so who held the keys? Also can you just keep an eye on Shariff's door for a few seconds" Jack asked then made his way to the foot of ladder and shouted up to Matthias and Elinore.
"Nein, die kabine all lock von innen," she explains. She nods when you ask her to keep an eye on the Professor's door though, walking past, she eyes you up and down slowly.
"Hildie one more thing what was Shariff asking your father to do? Did he want him to dig to find something or dig so he could use the egg beneath the surface?".
She turns to her father and asks him these questions, translating what he explains in the best English she can,

"Nein, he was told only to dig auf diese koordinaten, und dass der digger would return from where we left in a few days. Please forgive, my English needs work."
Out-of-Character Paul - I think I tied Shariff up before, but wanted to do a better job and make him less mobile.
GameMaster Note That's fine, and it's neither here nor there.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 17 Aug 2013, 11:55

Jack_Jones wrote:

Jack nodded at Alex.

"That sounds like a plan for the rifles, good thinking Alex. You and Dr Random sort those guns out dont forget we do need a couple that still work for demonstration purposes".
Alex nods back and begins going through the rifle boxes, setting two aside from each and examining the rest to find the firing pins and remove them.
Out-of-Character Do you need a roll?
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Aug 2013, 17:47

Alexander Pepper wrote:Alex nods back and begins going through the rifle boxes, setting two aside from each and examining the rest to find the firing pins and remove them.
Out-of-Character Do you need a roll?
GameMaster Note No. In fact, you can show anyone who doesn't know -Hildy and her Dad seem to be professionals at it- how to field strip the rifle, the bolt, and remove the pin, and then get them put back together appropriately. With 96 rifles, however, even with five of you working at it, this will take some time.
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 17 Aug 2013, 17:49

Sir Alain Fisk wrote: Please cut your cards from your signature blocks, and paste them back into your hands (your secret forum). Once you've done that, go through and determine what four cards you believe will be most helpful to you in the future and delete the rest. Of the four cards you have remaining, you may then tell me you wish to discard your least useful ONE card, and I will roll a new one for you to place with your remaining three cards to place you at minimum for the next scene, alright?

If there are any questions, as always, please let me know?[/gm]
Out-of-Character I want to use my master plan card before the scene ends and exchange it for the Opponent Fails card
Card Pool

Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 18 Aug 2013, 03:04

Is there a welding kit in the workshop?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Aug 2013, 10:21

GameMaster Note Yes, but it's only Oxy-Acetylene. Anything that would require AC/DC, MIG, TIG, or Plasma you're SOL for.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 18 Aug 2013, 13:19

Thats absolutely fine.

Ok so is it possible to weld the door shut of the store room where shariff is and eventually the shocktroppers will be held?

How many mp40s do we have ?

Also how many shocktroppers outfits do we have?

Matthias can you have a chat with the shocktropper you captured and be freinded she if his helping or not?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Aug 2013, 13:36

Jack_Jones wrote:Ok so is it possible to weld the door shut of the store room where shariff is and eventually the shocktroppers will be held?
GameMaster Note It's possible, and the materials are available for it, but the weld will be, at best, tenable. Perhaps the locked door plus the welding will convince them they're pretty much trapped. What about feeding them and getting water to them?
Out-of-Character How many mp40s do we have ?
GameMaster Note Eighteen total, plus the Luger's Shariff and his Lieutenant were carrying.
Out-of-Character Also how many shocktroppers outfits do we have?
GameMaster Note Not many, at least not without blood or holes in them. The five Guards that were TRM's would be utterly useless, so a total of about four uniforms, plus the one you're wearing. I will tell you that, in the weeks you were running supplies into the area, the few times you had to face off with Edeinos, they did not seem at all interested in what you were wearing, what you were using as a weapon, and were little more than content to try and kill you. In fact, you have been called "dead thing" once or twice, when they faced you.