Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 13 Aug 2013, 14:28

Herr Doktor Marlen, now in the Captain's Quarters, begins searching around, moving books from the headboard and shelves around the bunk, opening the desk top and rummaging through, and then looking in the shallow locker between the head of the bunk and the desk, rummaging through many of the Professor's old things, from the top to the bottom.

"Nun, woher ich ihn zu platzieren, dass Zeitschrift?" You can hear the frustration in his voice. By then, he is down on his knees trying to look through this messy Egyptian military officer's things, and then stops, a confused look overtaking him for a moment. He begins to look around for other possible places it could be hidden and, suddenly, his head stops turning from left to right, and onto its left, instead.

Reaching beneath the desk, to a small structural cubby -meant to help keep the desk from collapsing under the straining and bouncing of the digging device when it's moving-, he comes back with a small leather book...
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 14 Aug 2013, 06:16

Jack took the journal from the Hildie’s father. Not really knowing what he said, but Jack got the gist he was indicating that this was the key to the questions being asked. Flicking through the pages Jack reached the latest entries and read the content with great interest.

“Ok everyone’s going to need to hear this. We need to plan what we do next, but it seems that we need to intervene an upcoming trade”.

Jack left the book open on a flat surface on the page he had just read for anyone else to read.

“Elinore, Matthias, Alex we need to talk” Jack called up to the other half of the party who were currently guarding their prisoners. 

OOC - Guys we need to think about what we’re going to do with these shocktroppers we’ve captured as they are going to become a burden on us. Personally I think we lock them up in the digging machine in an empty storage room. But open to suggestions…..And we need to hide the dead bodies from the scene outside.

I think we need to intercept the upcoming trade. Whatever this egg is referred to in the journal we cant let that fall into the enemies hands. I think really we have two options give the lizards the guns and make the trade. Or wipe them out and take the egg.

A few things we need to do-

A reconnaissance of the digging machine and all its rooms.  – Sounds like there should be a few crates of weapons somewhere

A suitable holding cell for our prisoners – strip them naked and tire them up we might need their uniforms

Clearing the scene of a gun fight – could be interesting J

A plan on how we intercept this trade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jack_Jones on 14 Aug 2013, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 14 Aug 2013, 14:28

Alex, hearing Jack's call, begins climbing into the digging machine taking any unoccupied prisoners down with him (OOC: If there are any left, I'm kind of confused on that part)

He begins reading the page, stopping specifically on the information on the gaunt man being gone, then turns to Jack.

"Giving the lizards their weapons would be a risky move, but a fight might be even riskier. We could take the crates and fill them with something heavy, hoping to fool the Edeinos, then leave, but if they want to see the weapons we might have to fight anyway."
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 14 Aug 2013, 17:37

"Giving the lizards their weapons would be a risky move, but a fight might be even riskier. We could take the crates and fill them with something heavy, hoping to fool the Edeinos, then leave, but if they want to see the weapons we might have to fight anyway."
Jack thought for a moment and nodded

"I agree furnishing them with weapons sort of goes against everything we're trying to do here. But if I were the Lizards I would want to see the goods before I made the trade. I think we're going to need to render these weapons useless, but perhaps have one or two at the top that do work for demonstration purposes".

"Lets find the guns first and go from there. Alex do you reckon you could have a look around and see if you can find them and see what else is in this digging machine".

"I'll see if I can find a suitable holding cell for our prisoners".

Jack went back to the store room where Professor Shariff was currently tied up to see whether the professor had come round and if the room was suitable for a holding cell.

Paul - just looking at the digging machine map what room is Shariff in ?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 14 Aug 2013, 18:03

Jack_Jones wrote:Paul - just looking at the digging machine map what room is Shariff in ?
GameMaster Note To the right of the Captain's Cabin :)
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 15 Aug 2013, 00:00

Matthias, listening to the conversation looks at Jack and Pepper. "we can always load the bottom of the created with heavy junk, them some form of filler. Then the top layer can be actual weapons with very limited ammo. Open s create, pull a weapon out, fire it and show that all is good. "
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Aug 2013, 08:36

It takes, perhaps, another five minutes to find the weapon crates; eight of them. Each crate is roughly eight inches deep, fourteen inches wide, and forty-five inches long. If you open one, you see a total of twelve M-1 Garand rifles in that crate, packed such that half of them are end-over, barrels facing the opposite direction of the others, and so they will fit in the shallow wooden box.
M1Rifle.jpg
Ammunition is found in cans stacked and strapped securely in the back outside corner of the room. (OOC: For any of you who have played any combat game where you could pick up ammo cans for your weapons, these are the large square ones)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 15 Aug 2013, 08:48

Looking at the crates dimensions, Matthias chuckles, "Well, there goes my idea. "
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 15 Aug 2013, 11:09

Looking at the box, Alex sighs.
Matthias wrote:Looking at the crates dimensions, Matthias chuckles, "Well, there goes my idea. "
"We may still be able to use Jack's Idea. We could leave one gun from every crate alone for demonstration purposes, then we could put rocks in the barrels of the rest. It would hinder the lizards progress during their attack at the very least, and some of the weapons might even blow up on them, leaving them defenseless against the city."

Alex let's out a wry chuckle at the thought.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Aug 2013, 13:20

Out-of-Character I would like you guys to keep in mind that the inner diameter of these barrels is less than 1/4". Anyone who is interested in trying to think of solutions for what can be done, for your character, but you're not a weapons enthusiast yourself, please give me a Fire Combat or Perception total, and I'll give you, if you're the only individual to succeed, a PM for the idea, or if several of you roll successfully, I'll just spit it out.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 15 Aug 2013, 13:26

Paul did i find Shariff awake when i checked him?

Jack will make his way around each of the storerooms and see whats in each one. Other than the weapons.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Aug 2013, 15:48

Jack_Jones wrote:Paul did i find Shariff awake when i checked him?

Jack will make his way around each of the storerooms and see whats in each one. Other than the weapons.
GameMaster Note No, on Shariff. You had to wake him to get him moved... however, you would likely have had help in the digger to get him out of that power suit, first, right? Don't worry, he's clothed like a Shocktrooper underneath... don't forget, you're clothed that way, also, still, hehe.

As for what's in the other rooms of the digger...
Upper-Left Storage: small stacked freezers, small stacked coolers, shelves of dry foods and non-perishables, vines of garlic, grapes, flour, potato's, sugar, various large spice containers in protective racks, etc. Enough food for, roughly, one week -7 days, not 5- for twenty people, with roughly three days of it now gone. You also find hanging menu's outlining specific meals and their ingredient loadouts for each meal, measured for 2, 5, 10, and 20 people. You also find storage cabinets with utensils, pots, pans, and skillets, a fire-oven roaster, and even a few large pizza pans. There are other sundries within, though I do not intend to outline them, here. Pretty much anything you can imagine you might want to make can be made from the enormously well-organized and functional walk-in storage space you have here.

Contained within its own safety storage baskets on the floor you find plenty of cleaning solutions, towels, and a pair of solid stainless steel buckets with brooms, mops, and a couple of replacement mop heads.

Galley: There is one large fire oven in here, a multi-use rotisserie, a couple of deep-fat fryers with two small metal baskets and one large one, plenty of silver space for cutting, preparation, and cleaning. You also have a three burner stove with a gas oven beneath it, two smaller burners and one large one, and behind the stove, fastened securely to the wall you find a large metal flat that can be placed over the burners to keep them clean, and to act as a hamburger grill.

Shocktrooper Bunks: It's pretty obvious, by the hanging curtains and the fasteners in the floor and solid metal stanchions meant to hold sheet wood in place, that it was not meant to hold the hammock stations set up within. It is easy to tell the hook-plates that were welded to the wall very recently, and the small ladders set up and welded in place from floor-to-ceiling in the middle-sides of the hammocks that it was all set in place for a special reason; more than likely this particular trip. At the head and foot of each hammock are one foot locker per Shocktrooper, plus a couple of extra's stacked in a corner, all are closed and in dress-right order.

You see racks for weapons, the locks off the locking bars because the weapons are in use, as these racks are empty, just now, and more stacks of boxed ammunition for those weapons in the two back-outer corners. You see one poster on the right wall as you enter the room of a Terra-Celebrity, Gretta Garbo, in black and white; beautiful woman, for any time.
1hayworth.jpg
Along the opposite wall, you also see various images, statuettes on tiny stands also welded to the wall, busts of the various Egyptian pantheon.

Upper-Right Storage: tools, parts, lubricants for the engines and various moving parts of the digger. There are wrenches up to three feet in length, weighing 75 pounds or so, plus a good many of the standard tools you might find in an automobile garage. This room is very well organized, as well, everything in a locked cabinet or fastened to the wall with locking bars, or hanging from the steel mesh suspended several inches from the ceiling, making the place seem smaller than it really is. There are two clip boards, one for parts, one for lubricants, so everything can be accounted for and inventoried quickly, if necessary.

Lower-Left Storage: This is where you found the weapons crates and the ammunition. There appears to be quite a bit more than that, also, a couple of shoulder-fired grenade launchers, with two cases (24 total) of grenades. There are also rifle grenades for the M-1's, 1 case of 24, two cases of 100 bayonets total, and in the front half of the room seem to be a pair of card tables and a small exercise area; something to keep up the troops minds busy while they traveled 1200' beneath the surface of the Earth. In the outside left corner is some manner of sparring-training dummy, as well.

Cabin's: These two cabins were used for the Lieutenant and Hildy Marlen. Shariff was at least decent enough to maintain some modicum of decorum, what with 15 total Shocktrooper's, including Shariff's Lieutenant and Shariff, himself, taking up two of the cabins. Herr Doktor Marlen, you may find out soon enough, slept in the Pilot's Station, for the most part, happy in the knowledge his daughter could lock her door.

You can find the Lieutenant's journal, if you like, but it's mostly just musings and letters to his wife that she would likely never see, even if he were going home, again. It's obvious from reading his journal that he does not view what he does, or who he works for, as the "bad guy", though you might consider his words a bit on the brain-washed side. Other than that, there are some dirty clothes in a green linen bag in one corner, and a few pulp comic books lying under his pillow. Likely, if Shariff would have caught him with those, he would have been shot to death on the spot, since they seem to glorify many of the erstwhile heroes of Terra throughout the pages. One even has the vaunted but mythical Deathwing defeating Doctor Mobius, when he was still known as Sutenhotep, Master Criminal.

Captain's Quarters: You don't find anything more in Shariff's former quarters than what has already been found, as he was very austere and, likely, since the journal indicates this trip was only supposed to take a week, tops, he did not bring anything but the necessities along. There is nothing in his journal about Hildy Marlen, or really anyone else, because the man is legitimately ALL business.

Head: Apart from a dirty magazine and a bunch of toilet paper and hand soap in an overhead bin, this is a pretty standard little bathroom. Condensation from the Van deGraaf pumps and water captured and treated by the recycler is pumped into the small, airline-sized sink, and can be used for "bird baths", but is all the better you're likely to get. Excess water from voiding is dumped out of the digger immediately and ground into the tunnel being hastily excavated as the digger moves. Unfortunately, since the digger has been stationary for several hours, now, a stench is beginning to build, and it's none too pleasant, just now.

Lower-Right Storage: This is where Shariff is staying, for now -I still have no idea what you plan to do with the remaining three live Shocktroops?-, and since it's a linen's and housewares closet, it's not the worst place Shariff could be, right now. Secured -not necessarily locked- closets line both sides of the longer axis of the room, roughly eighteen inches deep each, and floor-to-ceiling. There is nothing to hang from in this room and, about the only thing Shariff, or the Guards, could do is dump everything out on the floor and make it more difficult on them, as this would take up a good deal of the width and depth of the room. Right now, Shariff has a 3' width in which to roam in a room roughly twelve feet long.

Okay, I think that covers it; if you have any questions, please let me know?
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 15 Aug 2013, 15:52

Out-of-Character First I have to ask if I can use my Evidence Analysis skill for the perception check. If so, here is my roll:

Perception: 15
Roll: 2d10.extra(10) → [7,4] = (11) Bonus: 0
Total: 15

Without EA: 12
Card Pool

Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Aug 2013, 16:26

Alexander Pepper wrote:
Out-of-Character Without EA: 12
Out-of-Character No, Evidence Analysis would not work in this case, but you would have succeeded, anyway. Let me see who else rolls, give about 6 to 12 hours for that, and then I can tell you.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Aug 2013, 21:26

GameMaster Note I lied, there was one other thing you found in Shariff's quarters, in the desk Herr Doktor Marlen searched a while ago... this is my fault, I forgot. The only thing this doesn't have is the title in the upper-left corner...
Nile Base Map in Digger.jpg