Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

User avatar
Matthias
Novice
Novice
Posts: 183
Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 13:25

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Matthias » 10 Aug 2013, 19:50

Out-of-Character Sorry to be the backtracker here, Amsi is *not* dead right? And is not on his way to the grave, just wounded enough to make him pass out?
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗




╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 10 Aug 2013, 20:02

Matthias wrote:
Out-of-Character Sorry to be the backtracker here, Amsi is *not* dead right? And is not on his way to the grave, just wounded enough to make him pass out?
GameMaster Note Correct. Again, he's lost very little blood. Shock COULD kill him, in the real world, but not in this environment, hehe.

I honestly couldn't decide what to do with Amsi, and then I had a dream -yes, I am a geek, deal, hehe- about the character Benny from the movie "The Mummy", how he told O'Connell -Brendan Fraser's character- that he would be with him until the end, and then he turned around and ran off when the Magi attacked. I don't want Amsi to be that sort of character, but perhaps to overdo anything that happens to him a bit.
______________________________
Jason, I am unable to use Skype, at least until the next update -and I will not know when that is- because it's now freaked my computer out twice; so much so that I have had to turn it off by holding the power button, after trying other means of turning it off, of course.
______________________________
Alright, gang, I've finished writing -except for putting in bad guys- the next adventure. I think you're all going to enjoy most parts of it, but you and your character's may not enjoy a couple parts of it... have to take the good with the bad, no... anyway, I get chills... I just hope I can keep myself in check when it comes to running the adventure, muwahhahahahaha!!! :lol:
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Mablin » 11 Aug 2013, 01:42

Seeing no one else coming to assist, Elinore does what she has been trained to. She moves to the first guard and kicks him in the face, throwing his weapon away from where he is, she thinks, as she kicks the guard in the face [maybe a little too hard] ~Why must men always faun over the pretty ones, am I not pretty?~
Out-of-Character Martial Arts 2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 4],[10, 1]] = (25) + 16 MA Skill = 41 total
Then, if that works to pacify him, she will move aggressively toward the next one.
Out-of-Character I will burn my Haste card and try to subdue this one with less harm
Out-of-Character Thank you Paul, Lori is much better!
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 11 Aug 2013, 02:56

Keeping his gun on the stormtrooper Jack took the MP 40 off of him.

"Smart move my friend now you get to live. Lay down on the floor face down arms spread" Jack instructed the stormtrooper.

Moving forward Jack inspected the occupants of the room. See the professor unconscious was a welcome sight. Then he turned to look at the old man assuming this was Hildie's father.

"Hello there , we're here to rescue you".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 11 Aug 2013, 10:56

Elinore wrote:~Why must men always faun over the pretty ones, am I not pretty?~
Out-of-Character Was this a thought, or did you say this out loud? This is a hoot, Ms. Cote de Pablo, but how many folks heard it?

viewtopic.php?p=7914#p7914
Out-of-Character Martial Arts 2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 4],[10, 1]] = (25) + 16 MA Skill = 41 total
GameMaster Note You must have written this extremely early this morning, hehe. A roll of (25) gets you a bonus # of +8, or a total of 24, not 41. If your idea was to knock the first guy out, you succeed. If you had decided to perform a ORMA (One Roll, Many Actions), you could easily knock both of these guys out.
Out-of-Character I will burn my Haste card and try to subdue this one with less harm
GameMaster Note Yeah, it's not really necessary to do this. The guys were still waking up and unaware, greatly, of their environment, yet, when you began planting boots, hehe. With that kind of roll, you could get them both back out before ten seconds would pass, wouldn't you agree?
______________________________
Jack_Jones wrote:Keeping his gun on the stormtrooper Jack took the MP 40 off of him.

"Smart move my friend now you get to live. Lay down on the floor face down arms spread" Jack instructed the stormtrooper.

Moving forward Jack inspected the occupants of the room. See the professor unconscious was a welcome sight. Then he turned to look at the old man assuming this was Hildie's father.

"Hello there , we're here to rescue you".
Keep in mind this room is not all that large.
The elderly man looks strangely at you, then says,

"Hallo, ich bin Doktor Marlen." Understanding who you are, he begins to rise, unshackled.
A Little While Later...
(IF what follows isn't cool, please let me know?)

The Shocktrooper falls face first onto the smooth iron floor of the Storage Room next to the Galley of the digger, followed swiftly by an almost nude Professor Shariff, now having his mouth gagged by someone's handkerchief, who stumbles into the room but does not fall, rather turning and glaring at you.

Hildy Marlen's arms have not come from around her father's neck since she was able to greet him a few minutes ago, rapid-fire exchanges of German have filled the now-quiet space, and she is all but beaming because of being reunited.

Elinore, having tied up the Shocktroopers outside and calling for help, may have been deciding whether or not to throw them inside the digger or leave them stranded in the Living Land.

Matthias, seeing that Amsi came back awake moments after passing out, helped the Egyptian to his feet.
GameMaster Note Now, what are all of you actually doing? Please let me know so I can move the story forward?
______________________________
12 August 2013
A little bit of editing from this point, necessary to better story continuity.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Mablin
Novice
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: 04 Jul 2013, 15:49

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Mablin » 11 Aug 2013, 11:50

Out-of-Character She mumbled it under her breath, so only the Egyptians may have heard it.
"Hey", Elinore yells down into the digger, "What should I do with these guys I have tied up out here
______________________________
Mablin • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood
Hero Stat RecordJournal
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 11 Aug 2013, 15:45

Jack looked at Hildie's father realising their was no immediate danger and this was a family moment, Jack backed out of the room and left father and daughter to have some privacy.

Jack nodded at Dr Random.

"That seemed to go ok. Everyone still alive topside?".

Before Dr Random replied Jack heard Elinore shout down. Pulling the shocktrooper to his feet Jack lead him to the foot of the ladder.

Turning back to Dr Random. Jack continued the conversation.

"These guys were digging for something. Do you think we should find it? It might swing things in our favour. Do you think this thing still works?" Jack said finally looking at the console.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Matthias
Novice
Novice
Posts: 183
Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 13:25

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Matthias » 12 Aug 2013, 09:51

Looking Amsi over, Matthias gives a curt nod of his head as he makes eye contact with the Egyptian. "Welcome back my friend. I think that *you* will be able to tell your wife what you want before too long. Just please, no more heroics towards your captors... Your side might think twice about not shooting you."

Hearing the commotion from the digger Matthias heads over and looks down the ladder. Pointing his Godlight down the hole, Matthias yells down, "Jack, would you like for me to injure or outright kill the trouble maker?"
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗




╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 12 Aug 2013, 11:01

Hearing the familiar voice from above Jack shouted back.

"Maming would be sufficient, but any assistance would be gratefully received!".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Matthias
Novice
Novice
Posts: 183
Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 13:25

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Matthias » 12 Aug 2013, 13:53

Out-of-Character Alrighty Paul, I am going to go for a shot on the shoulder, arm, hand, or leg, which with the angle a shoulder shot would be easier, but possibly life threatening and a leg shot would be much more difficult I believe. I think I will attempt a hand or arm shot, with hand more preferrable.

Torg Roller

1d20 = 28 Bonus = 9

[s]Energy Weapons = 24[/s]... crap.. Paul, I have *NOT* been adding my CSI bonus on *any* of my shots except the very first ones o.0 I won't worry about the past, but moving forward....

Energy Weapons = 27

Hopefully that is enough to maim the guy, although I am afraid the Godlight might be tooooo much power.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗




╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
User avatar
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 250
Joined: 26 Jun 2013, 11:28

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 12 Aug 2013, 15:43

Ok guys I think we are in a situation that probably could have been avoided which was mainly down to my lack of detail. Ok so lets cut back a few posts and let me try this again :)

----------------------

Jack looked at Hildie's father realising their was no immediate danger and this was a family moment. Jack quickly checked Professor Shariff. Assessing the Professor Jack noticed he was not completely finished. Removing any threat he might pose Jack smashed the power unit to the suit. Then pulled Shariff out of the suit itself and he used the sleeves to bind his hands.

Jack gave father and daughter sometime to reunite whilst he worked on Shariff. Once he was finished Jack left the room and nodded at Dr Random.

"That seemed to go ok. Everyone still alive topside?".

Before Dr Random replied Jack heard Elinore shout down. Pulling the shocktrooper to his feet Jack lead him to the foot of the ladder.

"Hey Elinore one more to tie up coming up now".

"Move. No funny business" Jack said to the shocktrooper indicating up the ladder with the Beretta. Standing back Jack kept his gun trained on the shocktropper as he made his way up to Elinore. Once safely delivered Jack turned back to Dr Random. Jack continued the conversation.

"These guys were digging for something. Do you think we should find it? It might swing things in our favour. Do you think this thing still works?" Jack said finally looking at the console.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 12 Aug 2013, 18:12

Matthias wrote:Hearing the commotion from the digger Matthias heads over and looks down the ladder. Pointing his Godlight down the hole, Matthias yells down, "Jack, would you like for me to injure or outright kill the trouble maker?"
GameMaster Note Okay, this is all changed, now, because of... viewtopic.php?p=8936#p8936 ; scroll down to the title "A Little While Later...". Sometimes these things happen, where there's some confusion, or posting on information that is incomplete because I tend to write too much, etc.

If you guys want to change your posts to better match the story, or to delete them altogether, and then pick up the story thread, feel free to do so, it's all good. You can each begin doing that from THIS post... viewtopic.php?p=8942#p8942 , and it's alright.

As well, Jack's last post goes back VERY well to address what's taking place. I did not catch that Jack was still going to send Guard 14 back up the ladder to join the other two, with Elinore and Alexander, so if it's alright with everyone, I will simply back off pretty much all other posts prior to Gavin's latest for Jack, or ask you guys to do it, and then edit this one to reflect and move on with the game... is that alright with everyone? If you have writing you would like to save, and believe could still be used, EDIT your post, Copy and Paste everything into a word processor utility, and then make a new post to reflect that writing, and post it.

I apologize about the mixup, folks.
Matthias wrote:Looking Amsi over, Matthias gives a curt nod of his head as he makes eye contact with the Egyptian. "Welcome back my friend. I think that *you* will be able to tell your wife what you want before too long. Just please, no more heroics towards your captors... Your side might think twice about not shooting you."
Looking sheepish, Amsi turns his face away from you, his cheeks turning somewhat red.

"Thank you, my friend. I apologize for my shock. I am happy you are trying to help me."
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
User avatar
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 15:39

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 12 Aug 2013, 18:19

Alex helps to tie up the remaining guards that are knocked out but not dead, then stands with his back to a tree, watching everyone else and even pulling out his journal for another entry.

"29 June 2013
We came across a girl soon after the vehicle popped it's tire, or more accurately she came across us. She was being trailed by strange lizard men who were dispatched easily enough. The girl, Hildy, told us that here father was being held by a 'Dr.Sharrif' and she needed help to free him. I was reluctant to come along, but not wanting to be left alone in the jungle, went along anyway. We found some kind of giant digging device. There was a short fight before Sharrif came out of the digger. He immediately went back in after seeing his men face down in the mud, but he didn't get far. Hildy was reunited with her father, and I'm hoping to get back on my mission soon."
Card Pool


Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
User avatar
Dr Random
Novice
Novice
Posts: 54
Joined: 23 Jun 2013, 15:17

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Dr Random » 12 Aug 2013, 18:41

You notice the same things I wrote about before, that Jack noticed, and you're easily able to step aside, though you literally have to yell over the hiss of steam, now, as it's hissing so loudly as to make it hard to hear. The air from the steam blows up Hildy's skirt a bit as she's coming down the ladder, though she's down quickly enough, and glares at you if you appear to have been looking at the goods. Stepping around you and the torn hole in the floor, she proceeds to the left-most console and, grabbing and pulling a long yellow iron handle, shuts the steam off going to parts in the cabin and shunts it outside of the digger, back into the tunnel behind and the open air ahead.
(OOC: I would probably be looking down, down the ladder for the sake of footing)
Once safely delivered Jack turned back to Dr Random. Jack continued the conversation.

"These guys were digging for something. Do you think we should find it? It might swing things in our favour. Do you think this thing still works?" Jack said finally looking at the console.
"hmm well lets find out what were you thinking of doing?"
Card Pool
User avatar
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member
Posts: 566
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 11:15
Location: SK HQ, Denver, Colorado

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 12 Aug 2013, 18:53

GameMaster Note Okay, so this would have happened before everything else in the digger that has just taken place... you should note any time changes you're making, please? Random has already been down inside the digger for several posts, by now.
Dr Random wrote:(OOC: I would probably be looking down, down the ladder for the sake of footing)
______________________________
Jack_Jones wrote:Turning back to Dr Random. Jack continued the conversation.

"These guys were digging for something. Do you think we should find it? It might swing things in our favour. Do you think this thing still works?" Jack said finally looking at the console.
Dr Random wrote:"hmm well lets find out what were you thinking of doing?"
Overhearing what has been said, Hildy, who has been standing near her father as he worked on dials, switches, and handles, looks in your direction and explains,

"Javol, das is richtig," she purses her lips as she attempts to get to her English words, and continues, "Yes, I overheard die Professor und his Lieutenant, now dead above. They are here to meet Edeinos..." She turns to her father,

"Papa, was war der Professor hier zu tun? Hat er nicht sagen etwas über, welche den Edeinos?" The elderly man turns, an annoyed look on his face due to being interrupted, no matter how important it might be. After a short moment, his face turns back to his passive look, and then he answers and Hildy translates as the older man turns, traverses the cabin around the side of the driver's seat,

"Papa says Shariff keeps a journal?" Herr Doktor Marlen comes around the other side of the driver's chair and into the Captain's Quarters.
GameMaster Note 12 August 2013
Edited for a better path... I tend to write lengthy posts, unfortunately, and sometimes things are missed. In this case, Jack caught something I wrote and decided to go with the other way, the way I had written to forward the story. I will forward it more momentarily.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Locked