Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Before The Dawn ~ Act One (Hot Time/Old Town/Tonight)

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 08 Aug 2013, 16:37

OOC - The new map is spot on.....thank you :)

Jack cautiously moved eastwardly down the corridor. Every now and again he would swing his head round to check his back to make sure that nobody suddenly appeared behind him.

Reaching the first door on the right Jack stopped moving and fell silent. Putting his ear to the door Jack listened intently for movement or sounds from behind the door.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 08 Aug 2013, 18:11

Jack_Jones wrote:OOC - The new map is spot on.....thank you :)
Out-of-Character You, sir, are most welcome
Jack cautiously moved eastwardly down the corridor. Every now and again he would swing his head round to check his back to make sure that nobody suddenly appeared behind him.

Reaching the first door on the right Jack stopped moving and fell silent. Putting his ear to the door Jack listened intently for movement or sounds from behind the door.
The door slides open along its track, nearly silent and from your right to left, the suddenly available air in front of your eyes, the loss of an immediate surface to rest against lending to your also sudden loss of balance, as a garotte is also suddenly wrapped around your neck and a knee in the small of your back to turn your body away from your attacker.
GameMaster Note Guard 14's Unarmed Combat (10) + (2d10.extra(10) → [7,9] = (16) = bonus # +3) +3 (Blindside) -4 (Grappling) +0 (Knockout) +0 (Partial Surprise) = 12 to-hit.

Jack, please generate a Strength total for me vs. 12. You have no bonuses for this except what you roll for. Don't forget you have a -3 to your action total because of the Partial Surprise.
Those of you climbing the mound, and you Elinore, notice that two of the guards that were on the ground, #2 and #9, are starting to come to.

For any not paying attention to that, you see Hildy mount the top of the ladder and begin to descend into the digging device, trying to be careful with the large jagged hole at the bottom, and the steam that seems to be building. She hollers out,

"Dad, wo bist du?!"
GameMaster Note Guys, I have been working on writing an original adventure based on an idea I got from the back of the Adventure Book, from which this adventure, Before the Dawn, is being run. Though it may follow the very basic storyline from there, it is a 100% original adventure. I am preparing to write Scene Three of the third Act, and I have to say I feel this is probably some of my finest work, ever, and I can't wait to run it for all of you. Forgive me if it seems like I'm beaming, but that would actually be an understated explanation of how I'm feeling, just now. :lol:

Warhammer vs Torg... How Do We?
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Mablin
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Mablin » 08 Aug 2013, 20:55

Out-of-Character Sorry all Wife was sick this week and needed me to take care of her. I am back and ready to roll...
Elinore, watching as all the others start moving towards the digger, she sees the guards starting to wake up and moves to tie them up. She will attempt to anyway...
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 08 Aug 2013, 21:42

Elinore wrote:
Out-of-Character Sorry all Wife was sick this week and needed me to take care of her. I am back and ready to roll...
Out-of-Character Sheesh! You and your real-life problems (pffftttt)! :) :P I hope Lori's doing better, brother, and thank you for letting me know.
Elinore, watching as all the others start moving towards the digger, she sees the guards starting to wake up and moves to tie them up. She will attempt to anyway...
GameMaster Note It will be quite easy, if you can get some help.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Matthias
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Matthias » 08 Aug 2013, 21:54

Out-of-Character Once Matthias calms down a bit he might become a bit more observant...
Seeing nothing recognizable remaining of his targets, Matthias turns to Amsi and rushes over to see how badly he is hurt.

"You stupid man! How can I uphold no harm will come to you if you cooperate... if you do something like jump in front of fire!"
Out-of-Character Matthias is going to spend what ever time is needed to either patch up Amsi, or be with him as he passes. While Matthias has no problems with death at his hands, someone like Amsi who has shown no real ill will towards him is viewed as a comrade in arms. Eg someone who finds themselves in the battle, not really wanting to be, but doing what they have to to survive.
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 08 Aug 2013, 22:12

Matthias wrote:"You stupid man! How can I uphold no harm will come to you if you cooperate... if you do something like jump in front of fire!"
Amsi's pain is evident as he turns on his side and folds his legs up a little, finding the pain to be too great. He screams out a bit and asks, "I am dying, am I not." In truth, there is little blood on the ground, and the flesh at the right side of his abdomen is torn only a bit. He looks at you, Matthias, and explains,

"I must not be found in this condition. When I go, you tell that man with my clothing that I must be dressed again, right?" He turns back and straightens himself out and, looking at you with his eyes crinkled, he explains in a voice that sounds parched and, indeed, like he's going to die, and asks,

"You will tell my wife I've done my best, no? It burns!!!" He shouts. "Perhaps you can find the First Aid supplies in the digger and I can still go home, yes? Do you have any alcohol with you?"
Out-of-Character Matthias is going to spend what ever time is needed to either patch up Amsi, or be with him as he passes.
Then, Amsi lays his head back, closes his eyes, and passes out...
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 09 Aug 2013, 01:37

Feeling the contraction around his throat Jack almost went into a slight panic knowing that his attacker had the upper hand. Jack had to channel that panic into resistant strength. Forcing his bodyweight forward and regaining his balance Jack then threw his head back at force in an attempt to head butt the attacker and hopefully breaking his nose.

Strength Roll

Rolled on: Aug. 8, 2013, 11:41 p.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [7,9] = (16)

Head butt Roll
Rolled on: Aug. 8, 2013, 11:47 p.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 3],[10, 3]] = (26)
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Aug 2013, 11:06

Out-of-Character Someone made a second post and deleted it. Remember, guys, there's nothing wrong with telling a good story, even if you're not certain it is a good story. Some of the most genius quotes and story lines come from writing whatever you're going to write and posting it. Then, if something's wrong, we can discuss it.
Jack_Jones wrote:Strength Roll

Rolled on: Aug. 8, 2013, 11:41 p.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [7,9] = (16)
GameMaster Note Alright, with Jack's Unarmed Combat of (13) +1 (bonus #), -3 (action for Partial Surprise), you manage to get an 11, which is not quite enough to overcome the Shocktrooper's total.

Pulling as tightly as possible, the Shocktrooper's Strength of (9) +3 (bonus #) +3 (Blindside) -2 (Grappling) +0 (Knockout) +0 (Partial Surprise) = 13 vs. Jack's Toughness of (9) +3 (bonus #), nets 1 result point, meaning you are Stymied this round (I'm using the optional rule of Pain from pg. 91 of 1.5 R&E).

Stymied: One of your re-rolls is canceled, as is any Up condition.

Okay, now to your second action, basically considered to be an entirely new round...
Jack_Jones wrote:Head butt Roll
Rolled on: Aug. 8, 2013, 11:47 p.m.
2d10.extra(10) → [[10, 3],[10, 3]] = (26)
Jack's Unarmed Combat (13) +(23/8) (bonus #, includes loss of one re-roll of 3 due to Stymied) = 18 to-hit vs. Guard 14's Strength (9) + (2d10.extra(10) → [9,[10,9]] = (28) = +9 (bonus #)) = 18.

Damage is Jack's Strength (10) +8 = 18 vs. Guard 14's Toughness (9) +9 = 18, or an S result for 1 Shock Point of damage.
Jack missed the guard's nose by an inch or so, but he was certainly going to be feeling his right eye socket over the next few days. The garotte fell to the ground and Jack turned...
GameMaster Note If there is any more actual combat to be done, it will go into a round. I will have to get you your card for a successful action when I get home, Jack, as we're getting ready to leave the house, but you will not be able to play one into your pool this round.
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 09 Aug 2013, 15:45

(ooc: I'm going to go after Hildy as a precaution because while no more people are coming up the ladder there might be more hiding away protecting Hildy's father if he is still alive and if he's dead then Ill run after her all the same)
Card Pool
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 09 Aug 2013, 20:51

Dr Random wrote:(ooc: I'm going to go after Hildy as a precaution because while no more people are coming up the ladder there might be more hiding away protecting Hildy's father if he is still alive and if he's dead then Ill run after her all the same)
Out-of-Character Great thinking! Not bad at all. You know you could easily overtake Hildy, right? So, are you going down the ladder, first, or is she?
Dr Random
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Dr Random » 10 Aug 2013, 13:11

Out-of-Character Great thinking! Not bad at all. You know you could easily overtake Hildy, right? So, are you going down the ladder, first, or is she?
I say to Hildy "Let me go first Miss who knows if there are some leftover soldiers wouldn't want a pretty woman like yourself to get hurt"
Card Pool
Alexander Pepper
Novice
Novice

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 10 Aug 2013, 13:17

Alex, seeing Random going with Hildy, turns to take care of the guards that have just woken up. As soon as he raises his gun, Matthias turns them into mist.

After staring at the space where the guards had been for a bit, Alex says, "Remind me not to get on your bad side" He immediately turns to see if any more of the guards are making their own recoveries.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 10 Aug 2013, 13:33

Dr Random wrote:I say to Hildy "Let me go first Miss who knows if there are some leftover soldiers wouldn't want a pretty woman like yourself to get hurt"
"Danke Schoen, Mein Herr!" Hildy is not honestly all that happy, especially with your reference of 'pretty woman' which, in female-speak generally means, 'pretty but dumb', even if we men mean it as 'pretty woman' and nothing more, but she allows you to go ahead, anyway.

You notice the same things I wrote about before, that Jack noticed, and you're easily able to step aside, though you literally have to yell over the hiss of steam, now, as it's hissing so loudly as to make it hard to hear. The air from the steam blows up Hildy's skirt a bit as she's coming down the ladder, though she's down quickly enough, and glares at you if you appear to have been looking at the goods. Stepping around you and the torn hole in the floor, she proceeds to the left-most console and, grabbing and pulling a long yellow iron handle, shuts the steam off going to parts in the cabin and shunts it outside of the digger, back into the tunnel behind and the open air ahead.

The noise drops sharply as she turns around and draws a very sharp breath, as she takes in Jack knocking his head back against a Shocktrooper's face, knocking him back into the Captain's cabin, and Jack turning to face his assailant...

After staring at the space where the guards had been for a bit, Alex says, "Remind me not to get on your bad side" He immediately turns to see if any more of the guards are making their own recoveries.
GameMaster Note Okay, just to clarify, the two Guards turned into TRM (thin red mist) were the two Guards you knocked out and left laying in the jungle. The two Guards waking up are those that were knocked out by Random and the one you and Elinore knocked out from behind the Digger mound, where she got the O and you got the K results. So, these two waking up are NOT the two who got vaped by Matthias.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 10 Aug 2013, 14:50

Feeling the tension around his neck subside Jack span to face his attacker. Pulling up his Beretta Jack was about to end this stormtrooper. But Jack was distracted by Hildie's sudden appearance.

In a split second Jack changed his intention.

"STOP! Or I'll shoot" Jack shouted at the stormtrooper whilst pointing his gun at him.

However if the stormtrooper advanced he would open fire and stop him.
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 10 Aug 2013, 15:13

Jack_Jones wrote:"STOP! Or I'll shoot" Jack shouted at the stormtrooper whilst pointing his gun at him.
Seeing Jack having the drop on him, and his only move exhausted, the Shocktrooper raised his hands, his Schmeisser MP40 still attached to the sling around his neck, but shock covering his face. This is when you notice two people behind him, one to the Shocktrooper's right, being a wizened older man with a shock of unkempt white hair, and the other to the left, slumped over a chair, unconscious, his suit of thick layered leather strips with bare wires attached all over up and down the suit, powered down and remaining unconscious, the terrible Professor Shariff who, only moments ago, threatened to end you and your friends.