Before the Dawn ~ Act Three (It's Always Darkest...)

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Before the Dawn ~ Act Three (It's Always Darkest...)

Unread postby Jack_Jones » 27 Jan 2014, 23:14

Hi paul

I will increase the following skills to 2

Dodge
Lock pick
Melee
street wise

that should be 8 in total. Thanks
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama

Matthias
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Matthias » 28 Jan 2014, 07:02

Out-Of-Character ∴ Paul, I must request another day before I can possibly get to trying to decide what I want/need to do with Matthias. I had a rather large project dumped on my a few days ago and I just got my head far enough near the surface to feel like I can take some time now.
Out-Of-Character ∴ My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!

My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 28 Jan 2014, 07:21

Jack_Jones wrote:Hi paul

I will increase the following skills to 2

Dodge
Lock pick
Melee
street wise

that should be 8 in total. Thanks
Done, sir.

Matthias wrote:
Out-Of-Character ∴ Paul, I must request another day before I can possibly get to trying to decide what I want/need to do with Matthias. I had a rather large project dumped on my a few days ago and I just got my head far enough near the surface to feel like I can take some time now.
Well, Torg is a non-traditional game in the way experience points may be used. You are not required to spend your points at any particular time. It's part of the cinematic nature of the game; where most games require you to make a new level or percentage point for a skill before you can make another attempt at a skill, as does this one, you have the ability to expend experience to improve a skill for an almost instant "re-do" DURING the game, unlike other RPGs.

The only reason I encourage you to purchase skill and attribute upgrades at the changing of acts or the end of an adventure, is because most players are used to more traditional RPGs, where you are unable to spend experience points until the end of the adventure, so that's what you're all used to. The only thing I can do is encourage you guys to save a certain number of Possibilities, and that number is, typically, 7+.

So, in short, you have as much time as you need, and it's up to you, more than normal, when you expend your Possibilities, how you save or spend them. Frankly, you NEVER have to spend them, except to save your backside in-game, if that's what you want to do.

Alright, folks... I am not uploading sheets until the end of the week. I've updated Possibilities completely, to the best of my knowledge, though if you don't have your cards up, yet, you should probably do so. I have finished updating Pepper and Jones, will wait for any updates for Matthias, and then I have a couple of things to finish up on Nix.

Frankly, school dropped the very bomb on me that I felt it was going to, and I've been overloaded. I have quite a bit to get done, today, alone, though I will have time Thursday and Friday, I think, to finish things off and get the next adventure started.

NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.

Matthias
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Matthias » 02 Feb 2014, 19:55

Out-Of-Character ∴ Alright Paul. A bit later than I stated, but here are my updates as well.

I would like to add +1 to:

Tracking
Disguise

And +2 to:

Energy Weapons
Stealth

This should be a total of 10 points.

Also, since we are starting a new round, our cards should be reduced to four in hand correct?

Out-Of-Character ∴

My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!

My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 03 Feb 2014, 22:14

Matthias wrote:
Out-Of-Character ∴ Alright Paul. A bit later than I stated, but here are my updates as well.

I would like to add +1 to:

Tracking
Disguise

And +2 to:

Energy Weapons
Stealth

This should be a total of 10 points.

Also, since we are starting a new round, our cards should be reduced to four in hand correct?
Out-Of-Character ∴ Jason, I had not expected anything in this thread, anymore, but I'm glad you've put this here. I will be updating and uploading your character in a minute, my friend. As for the cards, when ending an adventure, all cards other than Subplots are discarded and, at the beginning of a new adventure, new cards are rolled for. I'm trying to see how far the role-playing will go in the new thread... then I'll either start Wizard at the appropriate time, or we'll play what you guys want to play. Torg is not all that difficult to build interesting situations and adventures for.

EDIT: By the way, to move Energy Weapons and Stealth from +1 to +3, is going to cost 2 + 3 Possibilities each, and then Disguise and Tracking from +1 to +2 will cost 2 each, for a total of 14. Now, you still have 17 remaining, so I think you'll be fine, hehe.

NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.

Return to “Old War Stories - Completed Adventures”