The Veil Between... Peace and War

User avatar
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 1821
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 17:55
Location: Loren Forest, in the Grey Mountains
Contact:

The Veil Between... Peace and War

Unread post by Tithenon » 24 Jun 2007, 14:47

11th Nachgeheim 2503 IC (Late Summer/Early Autumn)

(OOC: Welcome to the new thread, the fantasy wedding thread, of our game. I don't really believe, unless you have a great deal of role-playing to do, this thread will be very long, and then we'll have a sort of an in-game "rest" time, if you will, where you guys can consider anything you might want to buy, sell, trade, or train for in preparation for the rest of the game. In order to help you guys with that, if you have any questions about background, books, knowledge, anything you think would improve your knowledge of what's going on, please ask me in PM and I'll give you an answer; if the question is relevant to more than just your character, I'll post something about it in the OOC thread.

Now, experience points have been calculated and assigned here >>> viewtopic.php?p=3991#3991 . Please let me know, in the OOC thread and/or PM what you would like to spend those on; thanks.)

As each of you return to your present assigned abodes from shopping, exploring, trading, cleaning up, grooming animals, studying, etc., each of you are greeted by a rather tall, gangly boy of no more than late teen years, who is most obviously a courtier to the Dauphin. Herr Masters is sitting on a barrel resting on-end and against the wall opposite the boy. He smiles and greets each of you after the boy does, and his attitude is not only genuine, but indeed friendly to each. One of his Lieutenants is also standing nearby, and he is no where near as friendly towards you as Damien Masters is.

The boy offers you each an envelope folded parchment and, on opening it, you find a cordial invitation to a wedding and subsequent reception at Quenelles Castle for the Dauphin's wedding. Contained within the envelope as well is a personal entreaty to each, perhaps written in Count von Griebenheim's own hand, that you attend as well so you may be truly rewarded for your service, especially at the Battle of the Plains not two weeks ago.

"[Sir/madam], the Dauphin has requested you be in the proper clothes of the Court of Quenelles. You are welcome to wear the sash of Count von Griebenheim's House, though you are no longer in his service, therefore not required to. The Dauphin has given me a writ of exhortation, which will allow me to take each of you to the finest clothing shop in Quenelles to outfit each of you properly.

"Elves are to wear vails over their ears to conceal their heritage from the common citizenry and Count Mallery, who despises all to do with the ancients of the wood. He does not wish to disrespect anyone, but rather for peace and their own protection.

"Once all of you are together, please follow and we will work to make something appropriate and comfortable for you all. The Dauphin was explicit in his instructions that you be comfortable, but also that you be practical for the wedding.

"If you decide to not come to the marriage of his lordship to the lady Jenna, you will be asked to leave Quenelles by the following morning. Please attend, as you are most honored guests?"

(OOC: I think this would be a good opportunity for each of you to find and display what you believe your character would wear to this thing, hehe.

Jean-Jacques, I have a simple way to get you to attend the wedding, as well, if you desire to. The group is allowed to have one guest each, and you would simply go as a guest.)
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
User avatar
Moritz Zahnbrecher
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 23:02
Location: Canberra, Australia

Unread post by Moritz Zahnbrecher » 25 Jun 2007, 21:58

"A writ of exhortation for the finest clothing shop in ALL Quenelles to outfit us properly! Well I never!" Moritz smiles at his companions. Glancing at Athaeis and Claudia his grin turns slightly wicked "It'll be interesting to see you two frocked up. Couldn't have picked a better place to do it; the fashion here is miles ahead of that back home. Do take care not to out shine the bride though!"

Reading on Moritz becomes more serious.

"Having said that it may pay for you" looking at Athaeis "to dress more plainly still. I'd started to notice the attitudes of the peasantry here towards elves is even more suspicious than back home but this bit about Count Mallery is interesting. Anyone know anything about him?"

(OOC: Tithenon, I've PM'ed you a VERY detailed list and description of what Moritz is after clothing wise. I know you have limited time to read and respond to everything but I got carried away. Sorry :D.

And Claudia, yes, Moritz' question is a player info fishing expedition but Paul gave me the rod!)
This wont hurt a bit, it'll hurt a lot.
___________________________________
Warhammer Character Sheet
User avatar
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)
Master Thief (Third Career)
Posts: 530
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 21:47
Location: London, UK

Unread post by Claudia » 26 Jun 2007, 17:59

Claudia was still rereading the invitation when Moritz pointed out the dress code for the ladies. Claudia had already pushed the thought of wearing a dress aside, but now it was becoming a concern. When was the last time she had wore an outfit like this ? Claudia lost herself in thought for a moment while she tried to recall the occasion. It couldn’t or wouldn’t come to her and then the mention of Count Mallery slapped her back to reality.
"Having said that it may pay for you" looking at Athaeis "to dress more plainly still. I'd started to notice the attitudes of the peasantry here towards elves is even more suspicious than back home but this bit about Count Mallery is interesting. Anyone know anything about him?"
“Everything I’ve heard about Count Mallery is only bad. His the type of man that you wish you had never encountered the moment after you’ve met him. He has a cold heart and a ruthless nature like no other. If there is a suggestion not to provoke the wraith of this man then follow it to the letter”.

Claudia looked at the floor and took a deep breath. Breathing out the contents on her lungs quickly she could only imagined the meeting ahead. Claudia was usually very confident and cock sure of herself, but this was one meeting that she would be glad to conclude as quickly as possible. “Unfortunately, I need to have some interaction with this man. I’m just desperately hoping that it’s quick and painless. I guess very much like your patients Moritz....” Claudia said eventually breaking into a cheeky smile.
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
______________________________
Claudia's Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Claudia's Journal
User avatar
Moritz Zahnbrecher
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 23:02
Location: Canberra, Australia

Unread post by Moritz Zahnbrecher » 26 Jun 2007, 19:24

Claudia wrote:“Everything I’ve heard about Count Mallery is only bad. His the type of man that you wish you had never encountered the moment after you’ve met him. He has a cold heart and a ruthless nature like no other. If there is a suggestion not to provoke the wraith of this man then follow it to the letter”.

Claudia looked at the floor and took a deep breath. Breathing out the contents on her lungs quickly she could only imagined the meeting ahead. Claudia was usually very confident and cock sure of herself, but this was one meeting that she would be glad to conclude as quickly as possible. “Unfortunately, I need to have some interaction with this man.I’m just desperately hoping that it’s quick and painless. I guess very much like your patients Moritz....” Claudia said eventually breaking into a cheeky smile.
Moritz pays close attention to what Claudia has to say. Allowing a slight smile to cross his face and giving a small nod to acknowledge Claudia's quick wit and rye humour, despite it crossing Moritz' mind that unlike his patients probably few people have died by avoiding an encounter with Mallery, Moritz turns serious again and keeping his voice low as to not involve Masters, his man or any other bystanders and continues to address the subject at hand;

"We have only been Quenelles a short while; Claudia how have you come to know so much of this man and what need could you possibly have to have dealings with him if he is as you have described?"

Thinking of Claudia's mercantile talents Moritz goes on. "If these dealings involve a transaction of some sort perhaps it is better to hold onto what ever it is and not reveal to this gentleman that you have information or an item that he may be interested in, rather than later find yourself at the receiving end of a Norscan bargain."

(OOC: Norscan bargain - a deal made under duress/threat of violence. Common saying in Nordland.)
This wont hurt a bit, it'll hurt a lot.
___________________________________
Warhammer Character Sheet
User avatar
Athaeis
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)
Posts: 393
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 19:21
Location: The Olde World
Contact:

Unread post by Athaeis » 26 Jun 2007, 20:36

Moritz Zahnbrecher wrote:"Having said that it may pay for you" looking at Athaeis "to dress more plainly still..."
"Are you saying I will be restricted to Man clothing, like a chained beast?" Athaeis asks, half seriously, half jesting.
Claudia wrote:Claudia had already pushed the thought of wearing a dress aside, but now it was becoming a concern. When was the last time she had wore an outfit like this ? Claudia lost herself in thought for a moment while she tried to recall the occasion.
Athaeis watched the confusion and thought cross Claudia's face and looked at her to break her reverie, just as Moritz asked the question that brought her from such reverie, even as Athaeis was preparing to speak.
“Unfortunately, I need to have some interaction with this man. I’m just desperately hoping that it’s quick and painless. I guess very much like your patients Moritz....” Claudia said eventually breaking into a cheeky smile.
Athaeis actually smiled at the jibe, her mood seeming somewhat elevated.
Moritz wrote:Thinking of Claudia's mercantile talents Moritz goes on. "If these dealings involve a transaction of some sort perhaps it is better to hold onto what ever it is and not reveal to this gentleman that you have information or an item that he may be interested in, rather than later find yourself at the receiving end of a Norscan bargain."
Athaeis, not knowledgeable about a Norscan Bargain, is nonetheless curious about the answer to Moritz question about the trade.
Image
"Be careful what you wish for."

If you want something done right, make sure you send an Elf. Otherwise, expect it to go wrong, especially where Dwarves are involved.
______________________________

Athaeis' Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Athaeis' Journal :lol: Wind of Freedom


Image
User avatar
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 1821
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 17:55
Location: Loren Forest, in the Grey Mountains
Contact:

Unread post by Tithenon » 26 Jun 2007, 20:51

Moritz Zahnbrecher wrote:(OOC: Tithenon, I've PM'ed you a VERY detailed list and description of what Moritz is after clothing wise. I know you have limited time to read and respond to everything but I got carried away. Sorry :D.

And Claudia, yes, Moritz' question is a player info fishing expedition but Paul gave me the rod!)
(OOC: Yes, I've finally come around to being able to read it. Quite detailed, indeed, and very well done... worthy of Mike Stackpole's writing, how he works political intrigue and personal imagery in the right proportions to offend in the shadows, so to speak. Very well written, indeed... however, you get to share it with everyone, hehe. The highly personalized items you could get made the following morning, or even during this evening, should you decide to go out again. You CAN have it done before the ceremony, but you'll either have to spend your own money or figure out precisely how to role-play your way through it, k?

And, yes, I gave Nik the rod to go fishing with Moritz, especially since it's not meta-gaming such as the psychic transmission Moritz attempted to get through to Caledor!!! :lol: )
_______________________________________________
Claudia wrote:“Everything I’ve heard about Count Mallery is only bad.
(OOC: The tall lad cringes at the mention of the Count's name, his shame at his fear immediate as his face reddens slightly in the failing sunlight.)
His the type of man that you wish you had never encountered the moment after you’ve met him. He has a cold heart and a ruthless nature like no other. If there is a suggestion not to provoke the wraith of this man then follow it to the letter”.
(OOC: LOL... I hadn't read this post prior to posting in the previous thread, but you hit the nail right on the head and it goes perfectly with what you've just explained. Thank you.)
_______________________________________________
Athaeis wrote:"Are you saying I will be restricted to Man clothing, like a chained beast?" Athaeis asks, half seriously, half jesting.
"Lady Elf," the young Man says with some disdain, although not nearly as much as most of the Bretonnian's have shown you all thus far, "I will freely tell you Elvish ways are not welcome within Bretonnia proper, and if your friends, Count von Griebenheim, and my own dear Dauphin recommend you fail to appear as Elves appear most commonly, I would recommend you take them up on their offer for your own safety.

"I have been told tales, and have been shown ancient tapestries, depicting Elvish weddings, where nudity is a common practice. There is a movement in our lands toward the religions and science schemed by Men, and a growing dispossession of the magical arts, which means a dispossession of the Elves.

"I implore you, from mine own heart, to dress properly for the few hours of the day the wedding and the reception will last, so all of you may keep your ears attached.

"Forgive me for speaking out of turn, but I do not despise Elves as much as nearly all of the people do, though I also cannot say I do not despise them at all." He bows gently to Athaeis and goes back to waiting for everyone to show up so you all can go dress.
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
User avatar
Moritz Zahnbrecher
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 23:02
Location: Canberra, Australia

Unread post by Moritz Zahnbrecher » 26 Jun 2007, 20:56

Athaeis wrote:"Are you saying I will be restricted to Man clothing, like a chained beast?" Athaeis asks, half seriously, half jesting.
"Blessed Shallya No!" returning Athaeis jest in simliar tone "But , as much as it disapoints me to suggest doing so, I would recommend subtle colours and avoid figure hugging, low cut or high hemed atire."
This wont hurt a bit, it'll hurt a lot.
___________________________________
Warhammer Character Sheet
User avatar
Athaeis
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)
Posts: 393
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 19:21
Location: The Olde World
Contact:

Unread post by Athaeis » 26 Jun 2007, 21:01

Tithenon wrote:"I implore you, from mine own heart, to dress properly for the few hours of the day the wedding and the reception will last, so all of you may keep your ears attached.
Athaeis is obviously taken aback by this young man's diatribe and, although she attempts to maintain a demeanor of calm, each series of words, and the realization that comes with them, stings.

'When did we Elves become so hated?' she thinks to herself.
"Forgive me for speaking out of turn, but I do not despise Elves as much as nearly all of the people do, though I also cannot say I do not despise them at all." He bows gently to Athaeis and goes back to waiting for everyone to show up so you all can go dress.
When the young man apologizes to her for his vehemence, it is almost like a slap in the face for her, and she stares agape at him for several seconds before recovering and swallowing.
_______________________________________________
Moritz Zahnbrecher wrote:"Blessed Shallya No!" returning Athaeis jest in simliar tone "But , as much as it disapoints me to suggest doing so, I would recommend subtle colours and avoid figure hugging, low cut or high hemed atire."
Though Athaeis did not disdain loose clothing, her thoughts on wearing anything other than what she knew was befitting such a royal engagement, being naked or close to naked, seemed alien to her and she attempted to wrap her mind around it. After a bare moment of thought concerning what she might wear, she decided to leave it alone and see what manner of compromise she could attend the gala in.

"I suppose such occassions, according to Men, are for the bride and groom," she began, in answer to Moritz recommendation, "and so I shall attend as though it is a matter of urgency for the state as opposed to a grand celebration.

"Would that do?" She smiles slyly at Moritz before turning to back closer to the wall and wait for her remaining companions.
Image
"Be careful what you wish for."

If you want something done right, make sure you send an Elf. Otherwise, expect it to go wrong, especially where Dwarves are involved.
______________________________

Athaeis' Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Athaeis' Journal :lol: Wind of Freedom


Image
User avatar
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)
Master Thief (Third Career)
Posts: 530
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 21:47
Location: London, UK

Unread post by Claudia » 27 Jun 2007, 05:07

"We have only been Quenelles a short while; Claudia how have you come to know so much of this man and what need could you possibly have to have dealings with him if he is as you have described?"

Thinking of Claudia's mercantile talents Moritz goes on. "If these dealings involve a transaction of some sort perhaps it is better to hold onto what ever it is and not reveal to this gentleman that you have information or an item that he may be interested in, rather than later find yourself at the receiving end of a Norscan bargain."

Claudia smiled “Yes it’s amazing how much trouble you can get yourself into in such a short amount of time” Recalling the recent events Claudia began to explain the situation.

“Where do I start ?...........Caledor and myself were sitting in a tavern having a drink, when he asked me to inspect some gemstones, which he had been carrying on behalf of the party. Well as it turns out one of these gemstones is something quite special, and this Count Mallery would be very interested in acquiring it”. Claudia’s mind flicked backed to the conversation with Aggriem and DeGrassi as she continued to explain. “The gemstone will allow Count Mallery to win the heart of the Countess Glori D'Aubigne. I have managed to befriend some useful allies that are well connected with the aristocracy. Once everyone has arrived I need to speak with you all about what we want to trade the gemstone for. Although money would be easy I don’t think Count Mallery will bring that much money to a wedding. We also need to plan our strategy as we’re only going to get one chance at this. If we get it wrong it could mean a sharp exit, a life on the run finally followed by a painful death”.

Claudia quickly scanned through the members of the group who could possibly help with the trade and began to verbally shortlist them.

“My initial thoughts are that Onna, Caledor and Athaeis should not be part of the trade discussions. Count Mallery does not seem to have a liking for Elves. Smarty might be a good person to look after the gem, but perhaps not the most diplomatic member of our party to engage in the trade. JJ maybe able to help, but unfortunately I just don’t know him well enough. Mortiz that leaves you. Personally I think you would be useful in the trade. You’re well educated and seem to know how to conduct yourself in the presence of the aristocracy. How do you fancy putting your head on the block next to mine?”.
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
______________________________
Claudia's Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Claudia's Journal
User avatar
Moritz Zahnbrecher
Novice
Novice
Posts: 146
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 23:02
Location: Canberra, Australia

Unread post by Moritz Zahnbrecher » 27 Jun 2007, 08:11

Claudia wrote:Claudia smiled “Yes it’s amazing how much trouble you can get yourself into in such a short amount of time….

Mortiz that leaves you. Personally I think you would be useful in the trade. You’re well educated and seem to know how to conduct yourself in the presence of the aristocracy. How do you fancy putting your head on the block next to mine?”.
"Well while I don't revel in the chance to have my head go on an excursion sans torso I appreciate the flattery" smiling "and I'm happy to assist if I can. And anyway it is not like I'm unfamiliar with running for my life… But there is a but. You must inform me of EVERYTHING you know. I'll not go into his half cocked and we don't have much time. To do this we must appear the part. I have spoken to a number of Bretonnian tailors these last days and have an idea as to what I'm to wear but I need to get to the tailor the Dauphin has recommended, and more important still the one the Count said he will pay for, as soon as we can. I just don’t have the cash to do this on my own. In addition a courtier is nothing without some adornment so we will need to see a jeweller, in particular I have a couple of small pieces I'd like made for the occasion, but I have no idea as to who to approach. Can anyone recommend someone of quality who may be able to produce something grand at short notice?"

Almost under his breath Moritz adds... "I had hoped to spend some time studying the higher arts with Caledor but I guess that will just have to wait until after the wedding..."
This wont hurt a bit, it'll hurt a lot.
___________________________________
Warhammer Character Sheet
User avatar
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)
Master Thief (Third Career)
Posts: 530
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 21:47
Location: London, UK

Unread post by Claudia » 27 Jun 2007, 16:58

"Well while I don't revel in the chance to have my head go on an excursion sans torso I appreciate the flattery" smiling "and I'm happy to assist if I can. And anyway it is not like I'm unfamiliar with running for my life… But there is a but. You must inform me of EVERYTHING you know. I'll not go into his half cocked and we don't have much time. To do this we must appear the part. I have spoken to a number of Bretonnian tailors these last days and have an idea as to what I'm to wear but I need to get to the tailor the Dauphin has recommended, and more important still the one the Count said he will pay for, as soon as we can. I just don’t have the cash to do this on my own. In addition a courtier is nothing without some adornment so we will need to see a jeweller, in particular I have a couple of small pieces I'd like made for the occasion, but I have no idea as to who to approach. Can anyone recommend someone of quality who may be able to produce something grand at short notice?"
“Ok let’s get this show on the road” Claudia said with an excited tone.

“Right I’ll tell you everything I know and show you the item in question. As you know Count Mallery is a very powerful and feared man. He already owns quite a bit of Brettonia from what I understand. He owns the lands for hundreds of leagues around and to the southwest of Quenelles, stretching as far as L'épine des montagnes d'Irrana, the spine of the mountains to the south, and as far west as the Fleuve Vert De Sel, the second river tributary from the mountains flowing to the River Brienne. Mallery is a ruthless and cutthroat man. He has enslaved a number of farms who work for him for next to nothing. He will not be phased by running us through if he’s offended by our discussions. Count Mallery is a hard man to talk to and he’s usually well guarded”.

Claudia paused for a moment recalling the rest of her information.

“Apparently, it’s common knowledge that he wants to win the heart of the Countess Glori D'Aubigne, who has been without her husband for some time. Her previous husband died, but I’m not sure of the circumstances. There’s one thing that will allow him to do such a thing” Claudia said pulling the Jacinth from her pocket and showed it to Mortiz. “This is the Jacinth of Count D'Aubigne” Turning the egg-shaped Jacinth on its fat end Claudia pointed out the crest of Count D'Aubigne.

“The late Count D'Aubigne built his keep upon the bones of a keep that defended against an army of Chaos Marauders in the first Chaos War four-thousand years past. The keep, itself, is said to hold the magic of a thousand good souls, and is considered very strongly to be a place of significant power in Bretonnia. The Count does not want the Countess, for that castle, but rather because he truly has a love for her”.

“From what I hear if Mallery does indeed win the heart of this Countess it will also benefit the subjects who reside within his land. This really is a transaction that is a win situation for everyone. We benefit, he benefits and the people benefit”.

“I know a jeweller who maybe able to help us with the costume jewellery. I guess we’d better get moving, we don’t have much time”.
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
______________________________
Claudia's Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Claudia's Journal
User avatar
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 1821
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 17:55
Location: Loren Forest, in the Grey Mountains
Contact:

Unread post by Tithenon » 27 Jun 2007, 20:44

Claudia wrote:Claudia quickly scanned through the members of the group who could possibly help with the trade and began to verbally shortlist them.

“JJ maybe able to help, but unfortunately I just don’t know him well enough."
(OOC: Sorry to butt in, but you don't know him at all. Smarty and J-J have yet to return from the library, and he's only had the day to spend with Smarty, not having met the rest of you.)
"How do you fancy putting your head on the block next to mine?”.
(OOC: Yes, Moritz, muwaha, chopppppinnnnggg block, muwahaha... LOL :wink:

I can just hear some of you now... "Prrrick!!!" :lol: )
_______________________________________________
Moritz wrote:"Can anyone recommend someone of quality who may be able to produce something grand at short notice?"
"Sir," the tall boy speaks up again, "I may be able to help you with that, but I'm uncertain the Count will..." he leaves off mid-sentence, holds up his hands and shoulders in question, leaving off where he's certain all of you will be able to understand him.
_______________________________________________
Claudia wrote:"He owns the lands for hundreds of leagues around and to the southwest of Quenelles, stretching as far as L'épine des montagnes d'Irrana, the spine of the mountains to the south, and as far west as the Fleuve Vert De Sel, the second river tributary from the mountains flowing to the River Brienne.
(OOC: Cut and paste is just SO lovely, isn't it? :D )
“I know a jeweller who maybe able to help us with the costume jewellery. I guess we’d better get moving, we don’t have much time”.
(OOC: I'm missing something, I think... do you intend to go to the tailor, or to try and speak to DeGrassi again... your last sentence makes it sound as though it is the latter?)
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
User avatar
Athaeis
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)
Posts: 393
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 19:21
Location: The Olde World
Contact:

Unread post by Athaeis » 27 Jun 2007, 20:48

Athaeis will, simply, stand and listen to Claudia's explanation and understanding of things, and thinks back to the time in Sa'andrine, when life was much easier, and the knot in her tree was so accessible and quiet. Not regretting that she has moved on into the world so much as regretting that she couldn't take home with her, she returns to the hear and now and prays silently that she will be able to return home one day, worldly-wise and mature.
Image
"Be careful what you wish for."

If you want something done right, make sure you send an Elf. Otherwise, expect it to go wrong, especially where Dwarves are involved.
______________________________

Athaeis' Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Athaeis' Journal :lol: Wind of Freedom


Image
User avatar
Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)
Master Thief (Third Career)
Posts: 530
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 21:47
Location: London, UK

Unread post by Claudia » 28 Jun 2007, 02:39

(OOC: Cut and paste is just SO lovely, isn't it? )
I have to put my hands up Paul had quite a lot to do with the information in that post, but I thought it was well repeated :lol:
(OOC: I'm missing something, I think... do you intend to go to the tailor, or to try and speak to DeGrassi again... your last sentence makes it sound as though it is the latter?)
We'll need to do both, but the tailors will be first port of call. Jewellery will be a nice to have, but the outfits are essential.

Claudia is ready to go to the tailors, even if it means going ahead without everyone else. Then meeting up again later.
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."
______________________________
Claudia's Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Claudia's Journal
User avatar
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 1821
Joined: 05 Aug 2004, 17:55
Location: Loren Forest, in the Grey Mountains
Contact:

Unread post by Tithenon » 28 Jun 2007, 06:22

Claudia wrote:I have to put my hands up Paul had quite a lot to do with the information in that post, but I thought it was well repeated :lol:
(OOC: :D I just HAD to pick on you... I'm actually pretty flattered... I didn't think anyone would go back that far for that information.)
We'll need to do both, but the tailors will be first port of call. Jewellery will be a nice to have, but the outfits are essential.
(OOC: Okay, fair enough. Actually, I forgot I'd posted this after I received your PM to me about this very subject, or I would have come back to post again. However, you've really clarified it for me, and I appreciate that. Thank you.)
Claudia is ready to go to the tailors, even if it means going ahead without everyone else. Then meeting up again later.
(OOC: Hmmm, the young man makes it pretty clear his orders are that everyone shows up. I'll PM J-J and Smarty in a minute.)
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas
Locked