Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion Ranger of the North - Bryce

If you have a character in our game, you will find their journal in this area, as well as some stickied threads near the top of the list for songs and stories. As well Player-heroes (PHs), as they are called in The One Ring, have some basic information here concerning how to build them. A journal means you have the opportunity to develop your character's depth to help you be able to get into them, even in a slow-flow forum-based setting such as our game. Have fun with it... using your journal and helping the group with songs may even lead you to gaining experience for posting about them.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion Ranger of the North - Bryce

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 09 Dec 2019, 15:05

LoreMaster Note ROFLMAO!!! That's a hoot!
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Artorius » 10 Dec 2019, 14:21

"Perhaps, if I stay completely still and I am perfectly quiet I may see her walk by. The air may be deathly cold but I endure it just to feel the touch of her hand..."

The Ranger sat in the darkened room of the inn, disturbed by the dream? But no, not a dream, an awakening. Few folk could sense those gone and even fewer could see their spirits, but here he was with vision anew. Glancing outside the window the world was now of a different light to him. Shadows in places where there should be light, auras around folk and incorporeal faces flashing past as people hurried by, as if walking beside them but from another plain of existence.

Minutes ticked past but she never did walk past, he may of sat there for hours, days, years even and yet he would never feel her touch again, nor hear her voice or taste her lips. Her last words were a final farewell. As he sits in the darkness, witnessing all that others may never see he whispers his own final farewell to Evael.

"Nínion anin gwannad lîn Evael, le melin. Radathon drî i thraw hen ned i postol."
(I mourn your passing Evael, I love you. I will find a way through this wilderness while you rest.)

And in the cold, black room - Arphenion Annunion wept.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 07 Jan 2020, 14:36

Things had changed for Artorius, things were always changing. That is the way of the world and it will always be the way of the world. People, cultures, lifestyles and beliefs were this huge bundle of choas which was always evolving and moving, for better or for worse.

The Ranger let out a deep sigh as he closed the ancient journal and tossed it back into the darkness. He found it on the ground while in the dark passage. Dwarven, but written in common. It seems the Dwarf was a bastard of an old house, kicked out for being sired to an unmarried couple and the shame brought upon them caused them to exile him when he was old enough to fend for himself. The book explained his time out of the caves, nothing grand, mainly simple work and abuse for his height from the tall folk he met.

It was not a pleasant read but the heartache which was truely felt by the Ranger was that of his lost customs. The Dwarf was not accepted by his own folk and the Men and Women he dwelt close to shunned him, and his beliefs.

The Ranger felt empathy for him, having to watch his words when around folk not of the Dúnedain. They followed the old ways, believed in the old Gods and remembered the Star Isle. Folk now were not kind to these memories and it was one of the reasons his kin were treated with such hostility.

Studying his hands, he spoke a few lines in a sad tone.

It's the nature of time,
That the old ways must give in.
It's the nature of time,
That the new ways comes in sin.
When the new meets the old,
It always ends the ancient ways
And as history told,
The old ways go out in a blaze.

As a new age begins,
The way of the Westernesse comes to an end.
As a new age begins,
The ways of the old must apprehend.
It's the nature of time,
That the old ways must give in.
It's the nature of time,
That the new ways comes in sin.

Standing, he adjusts his belt, gathers his things and then goes to wake Ellisidil to change the evenings watch. Before sleep, he thinks of Evael and his heart is at peace once more.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 21 Jan 2020, 13:47

Artorius slepted silently, a welcomed respite since most times it was never without interuption from a wild noise while Ranging or being shook awaken by a company member to take over the nights watch. On this night, his dreams led him down a seldom used memory. That of his father...

The moment was past quickly, but the dream was vivid enough and the clarity of the sounds was almost crystal clear.
There he sat a boy, listening to his fathers tales of the wide world. On this evening by the fire, he spoke of the Rhohirrim and their legendary cavalry. Although first to admit he never desired to be a mounted fighter, his father often spoke fondly of their horsemanship and how feared their charges were in war. With a lute in his hand, he sang of their exploits just as the dream slowly ended and whirled into blackness once more.

"Stormclouds, fire and steel,
Death from above make their enemy kneel.
Foes feel their doom on the winds,
Death from above, it’s an army of kings.."