Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion Ranger of the North - Bryce

If you have a character in our game, you will find their journal in this area, as well as some stickied threads near the top of the list for songs and stories. As well Player-heroes (PHs), as they are called in The One Ring, have some basic information here concerning how to build them. A journal means you have the opportunity to develop your character's depth to help you be able to get into them, even in a slow-flow forum-based setting such as our game. Have fun with it... using your journal and helping the group with songs may even lead you to gaining experience for posting about them.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion Ranger of the North - Bryce

Unread post by Artorius » 15 Mar 2019, 15:44

Artorius will send 3 Gold to his kin, he lacks the desire to live well knowing his destiny is that on the road at the moment and many of his kin may not have his luck with health and the money could help them with medicine and shelter.
He has heard rumours coming from the North, of a child close to the age of since his last visit, where folk say it does have the deep grey eyes which suspiciously look exactly like that of the Annunion line.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 15 Mar 2019, 15:54

Ummm, okay... can do.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 16 Mar 2019, 15:32

Have I said something wrong? You sound like you didn't like what I typed?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Mar 2019, 15:36

No no no... not at all, my friend, NOT ONE BIT. I'm sorry if I made it seem that way, hehe.

I had to decide what I was going to do for any manner of game benefit if nothing else... what you did was perfectly fine, and I appreciate you thinking about that.

Again, I apologize for not writing something more positive.

However, I have to ask... are you sending home any manner of letter or anything, a report perhaps, to Calenglad at Tinnudir?
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 16 Mar 2019, 17:31

I see, well thats alright then :D and yes a report for Calenglad.

*Artorius hands the mute messenger a sack of gold and a sealed parchment. The tongueless man nods grimly and accepts his payment of perhaps too much silvers and races off.
Artorius smiles with his work and thinks:

"It is costly, but no way is more secure. He can never tell anyone what happened and only Calenglad has the knowledge to decrypt our coded messages. And he has always served me well in the past."

Calenglad,

It has been past due time I sent this report, I would apologise for not sending more updates but I trust you are aware that not even the most scholary of us can find time or enough trustworthy people to send these letters to Evendim.
It has been a curious time here in the North East. I met with old companions in Dale, and join forces with new friends in the hunt for archiac creatures only told of in tales. For the past few days I have spent time with an Eldar lady in one of the libraries here trying to find noteworthy information on a fabled wraith. This path was started by a vision that darkened my mind several days ago and I encouraged our company to pay heed to it for I do not doubt its message.

I must admit to you that my task wearies me so. I feel angry at times when I should remain calm, it is like I have been stabbed by a Morgul blade and this poison of violence surges through me. I cannot say where it has come from, perhaps age is finally creeping up on me although I was hoping I would be older than one hundred before these ails came to pass. But control is kept, for now atleast. I regulary question my mind, do these vision come with a price and that is my own sanity? I may take counsel with a friend and seek their guidance, although Dragons Sickness is different to my foresight, it addles the mind and my Dwarven ally could know of potential treatments as likely he may have known other kindred to be afflicted with such an ailment.

We shall see where I end up, I keep stoic as every journey contains peril and as we both know, war takes the young and the old, the clever and the foolish, the skilled and the novice. Maybe if I live through this chapter I will take my leave and come back to Evendim for a visit and to travel further North to the lands of Lossoth, for I still hope to one day replace my sword for a quill and write a book on the flora and fauna of Forochel.

Endure the East wind.

Arphenion.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 26 Mar 2019, 14:31

In a darkened room, lit only by candlelight sat a young Arphenion, another day had passed where he had not left his books but only to eat and satisfy natures call. The young man did not seem to mind this existance but sometimes he wondered if this was truely his destiny.

The sun had set many hours ago, but still the youth sat scanning through books. Picking up one on the advanced us of Sindarin, he finds a note slid inbetween one of the pages. The paper looked like it had been torn from some other tome as it still had text on it briefly explaining the medicinal properties of the Athelas plant. Scribbled on this paper was a message, written in a neat, feminine hand. Arphenion read the short message out loud with some difficulty as it was written in Sindarin.

"You're losing the sunsets, you will never get them back,
Every night you spend in loneliness are years in shades of black."

The messaged was signed with the name of Evael.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 26 Mar 2019, 14:52

LoreMaster Note Bryce, I was going to just dive in with something, but if you would prefer I am happy to leave this depth to you, for Artorius?
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 27 Mar 2019, 14:35

Out-of-Character Let me hear your suggestions, I was just writing stuff down as I thought about it, Paul. Things which came to mind which sounded cool to add to my story but not related to play. I am totally up for your input, you have way more experience and knowledge about LOTR than I so I appreciate your thoughts.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 27 Mar 2019, 19:16

LoreMaster Note Actually, I was just going to step in with some role-play concerning Evael; it's not necessarily restricted to Middle-earth business. However, I don't know enough about what you're doing with Evael to just jump in, yet, so I thought you might want to keep her to yourself for the time being. I love a good story :D .
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 30 Mar 2019, 15:48

Out-of-Character You are welcome to step in with some RP, I just wanted to add some background to the character. I thought perhaps introducing some hint of connection with a woman back in Arnor would make some good flashbacks or song material. Something bittersweet.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 30 Mar 2019, 15:58

LoreMaster Note Perhaps at next mention, then, hehe.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 01 Apr 2019, 12:55

Out-of-Character Regarding the report to Calanglad, was that sufficient or do I need to change some of it? Additonally, I was going to keep Evael strictly in the past for... reasons. Will that be an issue?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 01 Apr 2019, 14:42

LoreMaster Note Oh, for heaven's sake, not at all. I had only thought to help you expound upon that old tale, for Artorius, if you were game. I have no qualms with keeping out, not at all.

As for the report to Calenglad, it is marvelous. Thank you. Feel free to send more, at your leisure.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 04 Apr 2019, 17:49

LoreMaster Note Your history has been updated for Munin's history lesson on 16 November, 2946.
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Artorius » 01 May 2019, 15:18

In the night, a tall man releases a raven and it takes flight and heads north. The bird is on a long journey where the colder weather will test its mettle, but the Ranger knows the raven is a hardy bird and its intelligence also matches its resilence. Dark wings on a dark sky, the messenger battles through rain, wind and snow heading towards its destination. Tied around its leg is a note...

Suilad Lapsi,

Another season has past and I am still far from home, but perhaps I also feel it is good for both of us I am not close. I understand you are faring well from your last message, I trust Calenglad's sister is feeding you well too. I remember being your age and always having the biggest appetite. Quite likely due to all the chores we had, and you are very familiar with this too I am glad to hear. But this builds character and will prepare you for the future, trust me.

I wish to return to see you, thought I fear I will get a frosty reception as the community still recall my involvment with your mother a vastly negative thing, this is why I have them see you as orphaned so they do not hinder you over my whereabouts, only Calenglad knows the truth. Please know I miss your mother daily as you do, but I do not let sorrow distract me. She used to leave me notes and that is one of the reasons why we met... over a note! I do not think I have ever told you that I found out before leaving that she had left me one last note. It read "I'll always be there with you. I'll always be watching you, If I'm gone - Don't mourn me. I'll be always watching over thee." written in Elvish, but this time I think is sounds more beautiful in the common tongue. Both of our names are on the bottom and I keep it safe close to my heart. One day when the world is right I will give it to you.

Please feed Korvus, yes I named him but he and his Conspiracy followed me around the wilds a lot, I fed them several times during a hard winter and now it seems I have some friends. I can tell you he has flown a long way to get this letter to you. Once he is back to full strength then release him, Korvus is a very smart creature and will find his way back to his Conspiracy. Chances are he will bring them to you and you will have some Raven friends as well.

Your brother is well, I recieved communcation from him a season past. He is learning the ways of your grandfather, that of a Warden, from a great Lossoth teacher. One day we will have a family reunion but have patience and our time will come to be together again.

I now go to see the Kivi-Väki, part of me suspects the road will lead to more challenging ventures after this so forgive me now as further letters may not be due for a long while. But I am of complete faith that you are doing very well and will only continue to grow and achieve.

Navaer,

Your Father.
Last edited by Artorius on 04 Jun 2019, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.