(Ellisidil) the Eagle of Wilderland - Dan F

If you have a character in our game, you will find their journal in this area, as well as some stickied threads near the top of the list for songs and stories. As well Player-heroes (PHs), as they are called in The One Ring, have some basic information here concerning how to build them. A journal means you have the opportunity to develop your character's depth to help you be able to get into them, even in a slow-flow forum-based setting such as our game. Have fun with it... using your journal and helping the group with songs may even lead you to gaining experience for posting about them.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: (Ellisidil) the Eagle of Wilderland - Dan F

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 12:39

Sorry Paul, I thought I put that in somewhere...guess I didn't, but that would be the knowledge of the Dale lands
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 12:44

Paul, I have something, I am placing it in here this post about ignomer and his other 2 companions, if I need to revise it I have it save, but I think it is a good play
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 12:44

As Ellisidil is sitting down to eat during the feast, he has three people that sit down at the same table that he recognizes, if not by sight, by reputation, and Ellisidil is put at ease. They began chatting about what has been going on in and around where they live and sightings of the Beornings and what they have been up to and any sightings of Goblin raids, spiders, and orcs. Ellisidil shares his adventures and what has happened while on them. It seems that these three high ranking men seem to be listening intently about the couple of castles, roaming bands of orcs, and Elves that are out and about hunting these groups.

When Ellisidil begins recounting his adventures close to home, they begin leaning in and listening closely. There have been stories, of course, of these adventures and Ignomer, Fridwald, and Ceawin seem to want to see if these were true. They would have spoken, at least briefly, with Radaghast after the coronation and would have been informed about what was said during that meeting. If they asked questions, Ellisidil would have answered them honestly. He would have told them about his meeting with the King of the Eagles, pulled back his cloak and would have shown the armor that he had been given. Ellisidil would have explained what the Eagles wanted, how they protected the area from marauding bands of orcs and goblins from making raids into our settlements, and how they have been doing this for a very long time (since the second age).

Ellisidil would have looked to each of the three men during his talk and expressing to each of them how important we all were to helping protect that portion of the country as well. Deeply expressing how much each and everyone of the tribes of woodmen have each others backs. Ellisidil would then, as he is finishing up, ask them what we could do as a group of people's to help out with the request of the Eagles. Ellisidil would also let them know that he had thoughts on what they could do to help, but that what he thought was only his opinion not the opinion of these three wizened men. Ellisidil also explained that if they all spoke with Radaghast that something might form and be considered to be the best for both the Woodsmen and the Eagles
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Jul 2019, 13:59

Excellent. I've got it. I'm going to start updating sheets for all the information I have pretty soon. I'll get the upload for all of them tomorrow morning.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 15:36

I did look at mine, will that include the upgrade to the persuade?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Jul 2019, 16:19

When Ellisidil opened his garment to show the armor given by Thorondine, the Lord of the Eagles, Fridwald noticed something sticking out from within the garments,

"What is that?" he points toward the axe-head once known as Wolfbiter.
LoreMaster Note Yes, I did move Persuade from Rank 1 to 2, as requested here... viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2829&start=150#p15625 . If you don't see it, try to reload the Character record once or twice for Ellisidil.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 17:53

For Ellisidil's celebration of his 18th birthday, he would have let people know when it was, ask if someone else had one during that time frame, and buy get a round of drinks during the celebration and had each and everyone of his companions drink there particular favorite spirit. Ellisidil would also splurge a bit on celebrating his turning of 18 by stepping into a different culture and way of celebrating this day of birth. This would be done by very critically and frugally looking at cold weather gear that he would need to be able to fit over his feather armor and still keep him warm without getting soaked through. This gear should be able to last a long time.
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 17:54

Oh and Paul, what would he be seeing under the garment?
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 18:15

Okay, I will take that, since there is one above it that already had 2 in those diamonds, I might have been mistaken in the movement up. As you have pointed out, we are human, and sometimes, we miss things.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Jul 2019, 19:49

Ellisidil wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 17:54
Oh and Paul, what would he be seeing under the garment?
Do you remember a particular axe-head you retrieved and swore you would return to its rightful owner in Mirkwood during the Don't Leave the Path adventure?
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 19:55

Yes I do, hmmmm okay then is that what I have in my garment? and oh would that be cool...and probably help me out a little bit.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Jul 2019, 20:00

Yes, it may. Do you intend to write a part where you can hand that over to those Elders?
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 20:20

I can, is there any hint that I could use to write that up with?
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 11 Jul 2019, 20:42

LoreMaster Note I'm not sure if the following will help you, or not...

The Thunderstorm
The company are traveling along the Elf-path when a sudden storm descends on Mirkwood, turning the forest as dark as midnight. High winds tear through the tree-tops, sending a hail of leaves and twigs down on the company. Larger branches creak ominously, and rotten boughs crack and tumble. The clouds open as though some great hand picked up the whole of the Long Lake and dumped it on the forest. Thunder and lightning crash overhead, incredibly loud and perilously close, and water starts trickling along the trees more and more copiously until dozens of little streams and rills start winding their way through the forest floor. Further travel is impossible – the company must find a dry place within sight of the path.

Searching around, one of the company’s scouts spots an unusual sight at some distance from the path. There is a huge dead hollow tree up ahead, illuminated by a bright flash of lightning, and a thin plume of wood-smoke rises from the top. Someone is living inside the hollow tree! Searching around the base of the tree lets the characters find a tunnel that runs between the roots into the tree’s interior.

There is no sign of anyone around or inside, but they cannot be far away if they left a cooking fire unattended. Even if the company are willing to brave the weather and travel on, neither Baldor nor Belgo is strong enough to keep going in the teeth of the storm. The hermit’s tree is the only source of shelter to hand.

The Hermit's Tree
The hermit’s tree is hollow on the inside. The entrance tunnel opens into a single round room. The walls are the dead wood of the tree, and the roof is a mix of bark and thatch that keeps most of the wind and rain out. It is not as snug as a Hobbit-hole, but it’s better than being outside in Mirkwood in the storm. There is a ring of stones in the middle of the room, and a small cooking-fire burns there, with some hunks of meat (one hopes a rabbit or a squirrel) cooking on a spit. Other unidentifiable bits of meat hang from the ceiling on long black strings.

There is a single bed of leaves and furs near the fire. Jars of water and baskets of fruit sit in a cool muddy hollow at the back of the room. Any Woodman would recognise the style of the handiwork. Looking around with Search makes a grim discovery, though – the walls are covered in woodcarvings depicting horrible faces and monsters of all sorts. Whoever lives here is tormented by nightmares.

Encountering the Hermit
After a few minutes, the company hear scratching outside, as someone arrives at the entrance tunnel and wriggles their way into the hollow tree. The characters smell the hermit before they see him; an incredibly rank smell wafts from his filthy rags and scarred, rail-thin body. His wrists and ankles are scarred. The hermit shrieks in alarm when he finds the company in his home, and levels a spear at them, but he does not attack.

From there you all had to work hard to calm the Hermit down and, eventually, he laid down his spear and shared a meal with all of you. He took pity on Baldor and the rest of you because of the boy, Belgo.

Wolfbiter
When you won his trust, and because Ellisidil was there, the hermit reached into his tattered rags and produced a broken piece of metal. It is the remains of a once-magnificent axe-head. The Hermit pressed it into someones hands (I don't remember who, but it eventually came into your possession), saying that the Shadow hides in things and it is better to have nothing of value, because the darkness could be hiding in a stone or an egg-shell or a gemstone or a ring. He carried this axe-head for too long, and wanted you all to take it away.

You were able to identify it as an heirloom of the folk of Woodland Hall.

The Hermit grew tired, went to sleep, and died that night.

I hope these things ring a bell?
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Ellisidil » 11 Jul 2019, 21:25

Ellisidil notices the reaction of Fridwald and follows his eyes and then remembers what had happened back in the woods. He pulls it out, and places this item on the table. Then begins to recount this particular adventure and what happened that dark and stormy night. “When we entered the hollow tree, there is a single bed of leaves and furs near the fire. We saw jars of water and baskets of fruit sitting in a cool muddy hollow at the back of the room. I noticed and any Woodman would recognize the style of the handiwork. Looking around I made a grim discovery, though – the walls are covered in woodcarvings depicting horrible faces and monsters of all sorts. Whoever lived there was tormented by nightmares.”

Ellisidil continues “When the man came home he was frightened that we had sheltered out of the storm in his home. He was rail thin, scars all across his body especially on his ankles and wrists. Once we had calmed this man down, somehow he recognized me and handed me this asking for me to take it with me. That night, when he fell asleep, he died and looked as peaceful as could be.