To Points West...

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Locked
User avatar
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 389
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 17:27
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Artorius » 22 Sep 2019, 14:47

The cold air was like knife strikes on his lungs, each step felt heavier than the last and yet the Ranger's pace did not falter. The blaze of the fire calling him to his companions still held its bright beacon as he fought against the snow and wind to reach the battle. The sounds of Warg howls, Orcish war screams and arrow hisses filled the air. The battle shouts of Elf, Man and Dwarf resounded in response to the oncoming storm and the fearful cries of horses completed the dread symphony.

The rasp of the blade was clear and loud as it was drew from its sheath in one smoothe movement. The silver caught and reflected every tiny glimpse of the firelight creating the smallest of flash on the close horizon. Gripping the blade with both his hands, Artorius broke into a run towards the battle. Finding new strength upon seeing his fellowship, the tall figure clad in snowy grey cloak charged into the melee, his voice joining the fierce combat chant.

"I am the Son of the Island of Stars,
A land lost in a far beyond time.
But forever the fire burns in my heart,
My loyalty shall never die.
The blade in my hand shall shine like dawn,
Striking like waves of the ocean, fast and strong.
I'll wander under stars until I'm gone
My fate is sealed by Manwë's storm."
______________________________
Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion • Ranger of the North • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 751
Joined: 28 Jul 2015, 19:48
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Ellisidil » 22 Sep 2019, 16:50

Ellisidil takes the last arrow stuck into the ground notches the arrow, takes a deep breath draws it back and let it fly at Warg 1
Out-of-Character Roll(1d12)+0:11,+0 Total:11 Roll(2d6)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 Complete total of 15 and if needed a point of hope to be spent for this last arrow I will be shooting.
______________________________
Ellisidil “The Eagle” • Woodman of Rhosgobel • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Posts: 176
Joined: 28 Dec 2018, 12:36
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Moriel » 22 Sep 2019, 19:03

Moriel takes aim (with arrow #7) at Warg 1.
Out-of-Character Image+Image+Image+5+2=31
 
470319 Snow Battle Moriel To-Hit on Warg 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
______________________________
Moriel • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 751
Joined: 28 Jul 2015, 19:48
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Ellisidil » 22 Sep 2019, 21:46

Out-of-Character Between her shot and mine, I don't think that warg is getting back up!
______________________________
Ellisidil “The Eagle” • Woodman of Rhosgobel • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 22 Sep 2019, 22:22

LoreMaster Note You are absolutely right, my friend. Sarah, for some reason unbeknownst to me, seems to hate the Wargs I put into our game, :lol: .
User avatar
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 534
Joined: 11 May 2016, 15:43
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Guide

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Frerin » 23 Sep 2019, 07:17

As the wargs draw close, Frerin lets his bow drop to the ground, draws the ornate, two-handed dwarven greataxe from his back, and steps up to face the approaching wargs with narrowed eyes and a sound reminiscent of a taunting growl. "Aye, come at me, vermin! Me grandsire's axe shall feed on cur's blood t'night!"
Out-of-Character Drop the bow, draw the Great Axe of Gróin, take one step towards the nearest Warg.
______________________________
Frerin, Son of Óin • Dwarf of Erebor • Treasure-hunter
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 679
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 13:27
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Eadnes » 23 Sep 2019, 13:44

Out-of-Character If I move to quick, take this as next move and let me know when I attack with pointy things
Éadnes, having weapons in hand moves to protect Snowmane and Aethelwulf.

'Watch yourself Aethelwulf, and we will dispatch this beast together!'
______________________________
Éadnes Andwiltan • Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 23 Sep 2019, 16:16

LoreMaster Note Alright, some clarification due for some of you, please?
 
Eadnes wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 02:26
Out-of-Character Only rolled a 6! No eye's though, I was quite looking forward to entangling Aethelwulf!
My friend, I'm afraid even expending Hope on this would not help, as the actual to-hit is going to be 20, as it's Medium Range for Bola's and they have a Parry of +5, but at least no shield. So, Sword and Spear!
 
Artorius announcement will reach
Artorius wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 14:47
"...Manwë's storm."
at the end of Round 6. Artorius' voice tends to be strong despite the fight to arrive close enough to be of use in the fight. Is there anything you would like to do from this list during Round 5 or, perhaps, if one comes close enough you would prefer to hold your attack until then?
 
Ellisidil wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 16:50
Out-of-Character Ellisidil takes the last arrow stuck into the ground notches the arrow, takes a deep breath draws it back and let it fly at Warg 1 Roll(1d12)+0:11,+0 Total:11 Roll(2d6)+0: 2,2,+0 Total:4 Complete total of 15 and if needed a point of hope to be spent for this last arrow I will be shooting.
I'm sorry, Ellisidil, but even a Hope Point is not going to help you, here... you're still one off from what you need for a basic hit.
The Warg deftly steps aside your arrow and seems to grin at you as it prepares to leap...
 
LoreMaster Note
Moriel wrote:
22 Sep 2019, 19:03
Moriel takes aim (with arrow #7) at Warg 1.
Out-of-Character Image+Image+Image+5+2=31
Just as the Leader Warg (#1) unwind's its legs to launch at Ellisidil, Moriel's arrow shatters the beast's skull, pulling brains, pieces of skull, and an eyeball torn loose from its socket out the opposite side of its head, snapping its neck in that same direction and breaking the spine of the beast. The momentum of its carcass flying through the air lands unceremoniously to Ellisidil's right, sliding to a halt nearly a foot from the Woodman's right knee, and then begins sliding down the rocky hillside.
 
LoreMaster Note So, every time she does this to one of my Wargs, which is now three of them, I think of The Gamers and have to giggle, hehe.
 
Frerin wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 07:17
As the wargs draw close, Frerin lets his bow drop to the ground, draws the ornate, two-handed dwarven greataxe from his back, and steps up to face the approaching wargs with narrowed eyes and a sound reminiscent of a taunting growl. "Aye, come at me, vermin! Me grandsire's axe shall feed on cur's blood t'night!"
Out-of-Character Drop the bow, draw the Great Axe of Gróin, take one step towards the nearest Warg.
Holy CRAP!!! I got a chill, dude... nice, LOL. I take it you are waiting for it to attack so you can counter?
 
Eadnes wrote:
23 Sep 2019, 13:44
Out-of-Character If I move to quick, take this as next move and let me know when I attack with pointy things
You have six APs, so you could move two spaces, not just one, and have a full attack? Would you like to do so?

Alright, once I have these clarifications I'll move forward with Round 5. Plenty of XP going around this turn, hehe.
User avatar
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 534
Joined: 11 May 2016, 15:43
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Guide

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Frerin » 24 Sep 2019, 07:48

LoreMaster Note Holy CRAP!!! I got a chill, dude... nice, LOL. I take it you are waiting for it to attack so you can counter?
Out-of-Character Thanks! :) I have no AP left in the current round (spent 3 for readying the Greataxe, and 1 to move a step ahead), but I would love to counter their attack, if I can somehow do that without spending AP, or by spending next round's AP?
______________________________
Frerin, Son of Óin • Dwarf of Erebor • Treasure-hunter
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 24 Sep 2019, 08:30

LoreMaster Note Okay, keep Knockback in mind; for the expenditure of 3 Endurance you could cut the Endurance loss in half. Obviously, if you can't save enough Endurance, spending 3 to cut the loss in half isn't going to make much sense, hehe. It's not a perfect option, but it IS an option.
User avatar
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 679
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 13:27
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Eadnes » 24 Sep 2019, 12:40

Out-of-Character OK, I'll take the attack and we will see what happens.
Éadnes seeing there is no option but to defend his companions moves to attack.
With difficulty he seeks a weakspot in his adversary, moving swiftly so as not to entangle Snowmane or Aethelwulf in their frenzy.
Between horse, man and warg no clear strike is possible as friends and foe dance to obtain a clear strike.
Out-of-Character 13 with no specials
'Damn, give me one clear chance to strike!' Éadnes exclaims as he moves those around him to create space with his parrying spear.

He hears Artorius and hope he will arrive from an unexpected direction and prevent mishap between beast and man.
______________________________
Éadnes Andwiltan • Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 389
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 17:27
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Artorius » 24 Sep 2019, 13:14

Out-of-Character I think its probably best to hold my action, although I am tempted with a rally company, I think its better to hold off incase there is any negative die that could be used against me since I have literally just made it to the warfront.
______________________________
Arphenion "Artorius" Annunion • Ranger of the North • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 25 Sep 2019, 09:56

LoreMaster Note My friends... we're in the very last push of our move... cleanup of the apartment we were living in. I have to cancel one of our services, then go drop off equipment from the cancellation of another, then go clean -hopefully- the remainder of the apartment -it's basically sweeping, mopping, and get the lamp, the fan, the last chair and the table out of there-, and then calling to set up a final out appointment -if I get things done, today.

After that, I will do all in my power to answer this round and get the remainder of the game moving forward. Forgive me for the length of time this is taking, please?
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 25 Sep 2019, 15:21

LoreMaster Note Artorius, you had full points available at the beginning of the round; would you like me to move your token forward for you?

Warg 4 rushes at Aethelwulf who, being focused on Warg 2 and getting Snowmane out from between him and that Warg, is surprised by the rush and unable to defend.

Warg 2 is also focused on Aethelwulf and moves to attack (Forward 6 + 4 Parry + 1 Buckler = 11 to-hit), hitting with an 18 for 3 points.

Éadnes can step around Aethelwulf to intercede with Warg 4, if you like, perhaps using Protect Companion, though that is going to put you in a bind for the remainder of the fight, and cost you Hope. I leave it up to you, though. In the meantime...

Aethelwulf counter-attacks Warg 2 (Forward 6 + Parry 5 = 11 to-hit), trying a Called Shot to the Face, with a Maiming Strike, if it works... the original roll being 2 + 5, adding hope to make the Called Shot work, as a Image is NOT required for this to work, adding 6 from body for a total of 13. The Warg can still bite, but at Skill Rating 1 instead of 2, and takes 5 damage, as well.

Warg 3 moves in to bite Frerin's face off -not a called shot, just a visual- (Forward 6 + Parry 5 = 11 to-hit), Image + 3 + 5 = 19 (Sauron's Eye typically counts as 11, if not an automatic success for the bad guys), so Frerin takes 3 Endurance loss and must roll vs. 14 for a Piercing Blow, or take a Wound.

Frerin, you're not losing enough Endurance to make it really count by spending 3 Endurance for additional APs to save your butt.

Please allow me to have your actions and/or rolls for the remainder of this round, especially you, Frerin, and I will close the round and start six. :)
User avatar
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 534
Joined: 11 May 2016, 15:43
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Guide

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Frerin » 25 Sep 2019, 16:05

Frerin intercepts the bite with his armored shoulder and scoffs as the warg's razor-sharp teeth scrape over his thick mail coat without finding an opening. "Really, that's th' best ya can do? I've seen pups bitin' harder 'n that!" He taunts the warg, trying to coax it into giving him an opening for his strike.
Out-of-Character Rolled 10+2+2+5+3+6*+1 = 29 vs. Piercing Blow
______________________________
Frerin, Son of Óin • Dwarf of Erebor • Treasure-hunter
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
Locked