To Points West...

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Locked
User avatar
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 751
Joined: 28 Jul 2015, 19:48
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Ellisidil » 14 Sep 2019, 20:18

Out-of-Character I did my rolls on this website and it seems to like me a little better:https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
Roll(1d12)+0:9,+0 Total:9 Roll(2d6)+0:6, 6,+0 Total:12 total of 21
______________________________
Ellisidil “The Eagle” • Woodman of Rhosgobel • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Posts: 78
Joined: 11 Apr 2019, 15:28
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 15 Sep 2019, 12:45

Aethelwulf will be riding down to attack the orcs with his spear.
Out-of-Character I used orokos for the rolls - it's a great website if you need a link to a specific roll or rolls.
Athletics roll (if necessary): 1d12 (9) + 3d6 (1, 5, 6) = 21

Spear attack: 1d12(eye/11) + 2d6 (2, 6) = 8
______________________________
Aethelwulf of the Horse-lords • Rider of Rohan • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 534
Joined: 11 May 2016, 15:43
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Guide

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Frerin » 16 Sep 2019, 06:58

As the riders draw closer, Frerin, squinting into the snowy distance, decides to take his shot... for an instant, his aim wavers as a bead of sweat drips into his eye, but the dwarf angrily blinks it away and reacquires his target, letting the arrow fly.
Out-of-Character I rolled a 1 + 6t + 5 = 12 to hit with the bow, and would like to spend a point of hope to let it hit and hopefully do 12 damage.
______________________________
Frerin, Son of Óin • Dwarf of Erebor • Treasure-hunter
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Sep 2019, 13:51

Moriel wrote:
12 Sep 2019, 20:57
Moriel fires a shot at Orc Rider 1.
Out-of-Character 6+2+2+2+5=17. However, Moriel will use a hope point w/ deadly archery to make the hit.
LoreMaster Note Moriel's damage is 9. The wind takes hold the arrow and plants it firmly in the right thigh of the Orc; I rolled 12, including his Attribute Level for the favored Movement Group for the Orc Rider to maintain its balance, which he lost, fell and rolled from his Warg, and brought the Warg to ground for the remainder of the round. Both immediately begin to rise.
 
Ellisidil wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 20:18
Out-of-Character I did my rolls on this website and it seems to like me a little better:https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Roll(1d12)+0:9,+0 Total:9 Roll(2d6)+0:6, 6,+0 Total:12 total of 21
LoreMaster Note Holy crap!!! Not only is that a nice to-hit, that's a little bit of vengeance on the dice because of the ImageImage . This means your damage is going to be 13; since you did not establish whom you were aiming at, I'm going to take the targets in order, #1 (far-left) for Moriel, #3 (middle) for you. Your damage, however, is reduced by 4 as I spent a Hate point on Hideous Toughness. With a total roll of 24 for his balance, including his attribute bonus and ImageImage, he not only remains mounted, but manages to get a slight bit more speed.
 
Aethelwulf wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 12:45
Aethelwulf will be riding down to attack the orcs with his spear.
Out-of-Character I used orokos for the rolls - it's a great website if you need a link to a specific roll or rolls.
Athletics roll (if necessary): 1d12 (9) + 3d6 (1, 5, 6) = 21

Spear attack: 1d12(eye/11) + 2d6 (2, 6) = 8
LoreMaster Note Rock on, thank you for letting me know about the dice site; I looked it up and you're squared away.

Your Athletics roll was excellent, though not yet worth an experience point. You are wondering if you needed to roll and I have an idea for you... let's try this out... If you fail in something you're trying to do, such as an attack or dodge, then roll your Athletics; how's that for a quick and dirty house rule?

Listen, I tried to get the horse combat rules done this weekend, but with the move going on I was just exhausted. I'll get them to you ASAP, though not today, there's a lot to do over there, yet. As soon as I wrap this up and write another post in the OOC thread, I have to get going on packing dishes and then getting over there.

You did not hit with the Spear, which you did not specify whether or not you were throwing, nor whom you were throwing it at; please let me have that information in the future, my friend, for my clarity? I would prefer none of you make me choose your targets for you, please? Now, since you did roll a Image , your Spear clatters to the ground behind Snowmane. Retrieving it could be a real chore, and I'll count on you to remember to pick it up after the fight, please?

Also, since you did not move Snowmane forward, I took the liberty of doing so for the round, though that is another thing I would prefer you did on your own, please?
 
Frerin wrote:
16 Sep 2019, 06:58
As the riders draw closer, Frerin, squinting into the snowy distance, decides to take his shot... for an instant, his aim wavers as a bead of sweat drips into his eye, but the dwarf angrily blinks it away and reacquires his target, letting the arrow fly.
Out-of-Character I rolled a 1 + 6t + 5 = 12 to hit with the bow, and would like to spend a point of hope to let it hit and hopefully do 12 damage.
LoreMaster Note You also did not tell me which one you're attempting to hit, so I'm having you aim and hit Orc Rider 4. Hope Point spent to give you a total to-hit of 12 +1 (Stiff Neck) + 7(Body for Hope) for 20; I will seldom remember Stiff Neck, so you have to help me out, here, please? You hit for 12 Endurance loss on the Orc. I will also spend one of its Hate Points for Hideous Toughness, so it retains only 8 of those 12 points of damage. I roll a 15 for balance, out of 27; it's Image counts as a 0 for it, removing 12 points, but still beating a 14. It retains horse and slows only slightly.
 
Artorius finds a convenient small bluff he can slide down, making it to the bottom quickly, saving one more round, so he can find and help his friends faster.
 
  • If anyone is able to pay attention to the Goblin rider off in the distance, you will see the Wargs that were being chased are now nipping at the heels of the Warg it's riding.
     
  • Orc Rider 1 whistles for his mount to turn and come pick him up, the Warg slowing to make a running turn and stopping to pick up its Orc master.
     
  • Orc Rider 3 fires an arrow at Aethelwulf, rolling (5 + 2 + 4 = 11) for a miss.
     
  • Orc Rider 4 throws its Spear at Frerin, rolling (3 + 5 + 3 = 11), also missing.
 
ROUND FOOOOUUUURRRR!!!
Please don't forget to take your own measurements?! Find your own bow and spear stats and compare what you have, please? You can find links to all of this information in my signature.
User avatar
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Posts: 78
Joined: 11 Apr 2019, 15:28
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 16 Sep 2019, 13:59

Out-of-Character I will, for sure.
______________________________
Aethelwulf of the Horse-lords • Rider of Rohan • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 16 Sep 2019, 14:00

LoreMaster Note Thank you, sir! :D
User avatar
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 679
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 13:27
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Eadnes » 16 Sep 2019, 14:08

As the wars come into range Éadnes begins to increase the spin on his bolas. With Aethelwulf out of the way the bolas increases in diameter ready to launch when the enemy comes into range.
______________________________
Éadnes Andwiltan • Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 534
Joined: 11 May 2016, 15:43
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Guide

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Frerin » 17 Sep 2019, 08:04

Seeing the mounted orcs move closer, Frerin decides to get a final shot in before the fight moves to a general melee, so he pulls another arrow from his quiver and looses it at the orc he had been shooting at before. He can almost feel the creature's heart pounding as he releases the missile at its chest...
Out-of-Character Whoa, this is like a once-in-a-lifetime shot. Rolled Image + Image + Image = 24 for the attack (Stiff Neck does not apply, since it's a weapon skill, not a common skill). Not that much of an archer, indeed...
In case the 19 points of damage don't take it down, the Injury Rating of the bow is 14.
______________________________
Frerin, Son of Óin • Dwarf of Erebor • Treasure-hunter
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 17 Sep 2019, 10:44

LoreMaster Note SUPER-NICE ROLL!!! I'll wait for others to be done and then I'll put out the consequences of the round, alright?
User avatar
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 751
Joined: 28 Jul 2015, 19:48
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Ellisidil » 18 Sep 2019, 13:29

Out-of-Character I would spend a hope point to make this a better shot if I need it. Roll(1d12)+0:3,+0 Total:3 Roll(2d6)+0: 6,3,+0 Total:9 for a complete total of 12 and I am aiming at the same one that I hit before.
Last edited by Ellisidil on 18 Sep 2019, 21:24, edited 3 times in total.
______________________________
Ellisidil “The Eagle” • Woodman of Rhosgobel • Warden
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Posts: 176
Joined: 28 Dec 2018, 12:36
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Moriel » 18 Sep 2019, 18:42

Taking aim at the back of Orc Rider 1, Moriel fires arrow #6.
Out-of-Character 9+4+4+2+4=23
______________________________
Moriel • Wayward Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 18 Sep 2019, 19:12

LoreMaster Note We are waiting for Aethelwulf to respond and then I'll close out the round which, as I explained, I think will be the last one.
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 20 Sep 2019, 16:25

LoreMaster Note It's been four days, now, and I need to close out this round and get the next one started. I have a meeting to attend tonight, and then I intend to knock out the update. Jacob, if you're going to answer, now is the time.
User avatar
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Posts: 2682
Joined: 07 Jul 2015, 19:46
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Location: Rivendell, Valley of Imladris
Contact:

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 21 Sep 2019, 17:30

LoreMaster Note First, allow me to apologize for my outburst last night. Life is not always perfect, as many of us know, here, and last night was particularly rocky. Decisions that are unkind need to be made and that causes stress; we have entirely too much stress in our lives and it's not stress that's going to be relieved soon, perhaps ever. Last night it came to a crescendo and has affected everything in me. That being said, we drive on...
 
Frerin looses an arrow from his bow as the right-most Orc and its mount come fully into silhouette, hammering the arrow between the eyes of the Warg and bringing it nose-first to the ground, its body rapidly tumbling over it, the rider trapped instantly beneath and killed by the weight of the massive and hairy beast.

Ellisidil lets the arrow fly from his Great Bow, the arrow catching the middle Orc in the throat as it prepares to scream its battle cry, actually charging Éadnes, being a hated foe and more prevalent in its sight than Ellisidil, instead the Orcs face, in its impending immediate death, turns to one of utter surprise as its eyes close.

Moriel's bow-string sings a cricket-sound in the frozen night as her arrow slams into the upper back, severing the spine of the left-most Orc as it was 'negotiating' with its mount to return to the fight by turning back toward its enemies.

The remaining Warg sees Aethelwulf charging toward it, the beast not knowing the embarrassment of the Rohirrim having dropped his Spear on the icy plain, and rushes headlong toward him, the other Wargs catching their comrade's desire and turning, themselves.
LoreMaster Note The Wargs close to all of you are now without riders, for which they would seek revenge for them but also are, as always, looking for their next meal. You'll notice I've renamed them Warg 1, 2, 3, and 4.
 
Warg 1, not seeing Moriel high up, does spy Ellisidil and charges toward him, though not making it too far,

Warg 2 takes a great leap at the throat of Snowmane, slamming into the neck of the horse and barely missing with its bite. Snowmane is knocked back on its haunches and Aethelwulf is knocked to the ground, taking a small amount of Endurance loss, as the Warg lands on its side and slides along the snow past Snowmane, but opposite the direction Aethelwulf has fallen. All three of you will be up at the beginning of the new round.

Warg 3 charges headlong toward Frerin, deftly side-stepping Warg 2 as it slides aside Snowmane.

Warg 4 likewise trundles forward, not sure of the target it wants to take on.

Artorius enters the fray!
LoreMaster Note (rolling R's) ROUND FUNF!!! (/rolling)
We now move you into closer contact!!!

Character records have been updated and uploaded. A lot of the information will be minute, at best, but if you think you might be looking at old information, refresh your Character Record, please?
User avatar
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Posts: 679
Joined: 29 Jul 2016, 13:27
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Eadnes » 22 Sep 2019, 02:26

Éadnes sends his bola towards the enemy but isn't surprised to see it harmlessly spin past the foe. He has much to learn regarding missile fire, thanks to the gods that his comrades are more adept.
Out-of-Character Only rolled a 6! No eye's though, I was quite looking forward to entangling Aethelwulf!
Picking up his sword and spear to parry with, he readys himself to join whichever one of his comrades has need.
______________________________
Éadnes Andwiltan • Elf of Mirkwood • Scholar
Hero Stat RecordJournalSpecial Characters
Locked