To Points West...

Welcome to Middle Earth.

All current role-playing will take place, here; record or post links to your die rolls, as well as anything you feel is relevant to playing your character in our present adventure, for ease of reference. All current Out-of-Character (OOC) discussions should take place here, as well, such as Fellowship/ Company planning. Please, keep your die rolls and short OOC notes in the main game thread; you may even use an OOC note to point to a topic (insert a URL into your post) or post elsewhere in this forum, as long as it is relevant to the on-going game.

Old adventures and OOC posts will go into the proper forum category area once the new adventure and OOC thread have been established. OOC threads MAY carry over to more adventures if I deem there is not enough in the current thread to separate it from a new OOC thread.
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Re: To Points West...

Unread post by Moriel » 03 Sep 2019, 21:14

Moriel takes a shot at the lead Orc.
Out-of-Character 3+5+5+Image+Image=25
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Guide

Unread post by Frerin » 04 Sep 2019, 05:54

Frerin hurries back down to the camp, where Aethelwulf and Eadnes are keeping watch. "Two groups o' Wargs ta th' north," he informs them, "one chasin' th' other. The chasin' ones got Orc riders. Plan is ta shoot th' riders 'fore any can escape, but some o' em could still head our way. Best be ready fer trouble, an' maybe spread out so we can keep 'em from th' horses."
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice
Melee APs: 6
Stealth APs: 10
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread post by Eadnes » 04 Sep 2019, 11:28

'I can only hope they do not pay us any attention master dwarf but best forwarned.'

Éadnes prepares his position initially with bolas in hand.

'I have no idea how effective this is aginst orcs but if it slows one down it will be worth it.'
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 04 Sep 2019, 16:49

Moriel wrote:
03 Sep 2019, 21:14
Moriel takes a shot at the lead Orc.
Out-of-Character 3+5+5+Image+Image=25
LoreMaster Note I watched you make this roll and I still don't believe it. What do you have against Wargs, anyway? :lol:

Oh, wait, you said the lead Orc, huh? It's actually the lead Goblin, though he appears to be rather large for his race. Alright, your to-hit requirement, up to 150', of which he's only 126', is 12 for your Ranged to-hit basic +6 for Extreme range +4 against the winds, for a total requirement of 22 at this range. You rolled a 25, including ImageImage , so that's going to be an Experience point for Bow and a hit on the Goblin of thirteen points, 5 for your basic bow + 4 (x2) for your Ranged damage.

Entirely out of the darkness and completely by surprise, Moriel's arrow finds a home in the upper chest of the Goblin, knocking it totally out of the saddle of the Warg, to the icy snow beneath where it lies still for a long moment, its Warg continuing head-long after the un-saddled Warg's in front of it without any notice its rider has left it, rather unceremoniously.

The remaining Orcs, despite their companion being knocked off its Warg in front of them, continue on for a mere moment while their addled brains realize they are under attack, at which time you hear the horrifying squeals emitting from their pig-throats as they begin to look around for the source of the long-range attack.

LoreMaster Note Everyone hears these noises as they echo from the rocks, trees, and the wall of the Heath behind. I would have you all make a Fear test, but they're so far away you would easily have time to recover before they arrived. Let's hear from Ellisidil and Aethelwulf before I move on, please?
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread post by Ellisidil » 04 Sep 2019, 17:34

Ellisidil takes out 5 arrows and plants them on his right side close enough to grab, aim, shoot, and reload. I also make sure that my footing is good and my breathing is not labored. I have an arrow notched (not part of the 5) I take aim and shoot.
Out-of-Character I aim for the next rider close to TR WARG 5 I watched as Moriel did her shot and adjusted accordingly. (1)+(4)+(3)=8
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 04 Sep 2019, 21:04

Ellisidil's arrow falls so short of the target the Orcs cannot even see it when it presses into the ice and snow.

LoreMaster Note Alright, I need to move Warg's and riders and reduce the number of rounds remaining, again, and then I need actions and, if applicable, die rolls from everyone who's going to act, please?

I'm not going to begin counting rounds up until we're done counting rounds down. We may not even need to start counting up, hehe.
Moriel
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Look-out (S)

Unread post by Moriel » 04 Sep 2019, 21:43

Moriel takes aim at Orc Rider 2.
Out-of-Character 10+Image+5+4+3=28
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Eadnes » 05 Sep 2019, 02:38

Listening intently, Éadnes hears the change in cries of the wargs. Glancing towards Aethelwulf, he whispers.

'We will soon know if these creatures are heading our way.'
Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread post by Ellisidil » 05 Sep 2019, 05:43

Out-of-Character Ellisidil pulls an arrow out of his the ground, nocks it, takes aim, and a deep breath in, pulls the arrow back and let's loose at the 2nd warg. (6)+(3)+(4)=13
Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Guide

Unread post by Frerin » 05 Sep 2019, 17:32

After alerting his companions down at the camp, Frerin jogs further towards a position where he may be able to cover their flanks, his heavy armor clinking while he is still holding his bow in hand, in the hope of getting in a shot or two in once the riders come close enough.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 05 Sep 2019, 19:39

LoreMaster Note As you have a finite number of arrows, Ellisidil, you realize your opponents are too far out for you to reach, effectively.

Thank you for letting me know what's going on, Frerin.

Moriel, I'm going to wait until tomorrow, hoping to hear from Aethelwulf, in particular, before I resolve the round and move things forward, alright?
Eadnes
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unread post by Eadnes » 06 Sep 2019, 11:58

Out-of-Character Does Aethelwulf understand the system? He seems to post frequently in ooc so he must be reading it. Perhaps he isn't sure about the game thread?
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 06 Sep 2019, 12:53

Out-of-Character I am posting when I get home in about 20 minutes.
Aethelwulf
Novice
Novice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread post by Aethelwulf » 06 Sep 2019, 14:33

When Aethelwulf will be able to see the riders, he will ride down, spear in hand, to try and attack the group. It would be better with a full éored, of course, but he didn't have that luxury.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 06 Sep 2019, 15:51

Moriel's arrow flies through the air accurately locating the most likely part of the Orc's body, though it only impacts heavily on the Orc, failing to knock him out of the saddle, as he has more girth than the Goblin. Once the Orc recovers, it points with its good arm in a sweeping motion toward you, Moriel, though its motions seem to encompass the hill you're on, not any specific location.

In response its companions begin to scream in their pig-screeches, again, and charge toward you, their Wargs instantly up to speed, despite the snow and ice.

Aethelwulf finishes securing the saddle to his faithful steed and steps up into the stirrups, Snowmane moving his hoofs to redistribute weight in the ice and snow in preparation for moving, slipping slightly with two hooves, the forward left one in the Rohirrim's sight, just as the pig-scream of the Orcs sounds in the clear cold night.

LoreMaster Note At the end of this coming round Aethelwulf will be able to see them. So, when you see a 4 on the Rounds Until Artorius Arrives, you'll be able to see the Wargs and their Riders.

In the meantime, I'll review the horse combat rules, as I've never used them, before, hehe.

Jacob, Pete has a point, here... I am ALWAYS open to addressing any questions, my friend. Don't hesitate, whether here in OOC, in the OOC thread itself, or in email or PM, or even on Roll 20. :) If I've left anything out that you can think of, we need to fix that deficiency; I'm certainly NOT perfect so, if I've missed anything, let me know and we can get it squared away.

It's a FIGHT, now, so...

ROUND ONE, FIGHT!!!
INITIAL VOLLEY: I know Moriel's the only one that's made a hit thus far... keep in mind, if you roll a Gandalf's Rune, it's supposed to be an automatic success in the Rules as Written. For me, I have to take into account more factors than that. So, you're welcome to try, and I will be fair with you.