Don't Leave the Path OOC Thread

This is where all role-playing, and minor out-of-character actions, will take place. Feel free to post roll links in these forums along with the number rolled, for ease of reference. Welcome to Middle Earth.
Petecoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Re: Don't Leave the Path OOC Thread

Unread postby Petecoi » 21 Apr 2017, 00:11

No worries Paul.
I'll assume you will email when ready as opposed to using the forum.

Have a good time!
:)
And yes, blame Brexit!

Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread postby Frerin » 21 Apr 2017, 06:32

Fieranor of Imladris wrote:I'm still hoping the rest of you are okay with this, as well?

Definitely! Sometimes, we just have to recharge our batteries, and real life has to take precedence.

Whenever you're ready to pick things back up, just drop me a note, and I'll be back. :)

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Journey Role: LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 21 Apr 2017, 08:38

Petecoi wrote:No worries Paul.
I'll assume you will email when ready as opposed to using the forum.

Have a good time!
:)
And yes, blame Brexit!
Is Brexit really THAT bad, hehe.

Yes, Pete, I promise to email each of you individually, rather than through these unreliable forums.

Frerin wrote:Definitely! Sometimes, we just have to recharge our batteries, and real life has to take precedence.

Whenever you're ready to pick things back up, just drop me a note, and I'll be back. :)
You are ALL awesome and you have my deepest respect. Thank you.

I'm hoping this break will not be terribly long... a couple weeks, perhaps a month at most.
"Gondolin might not have fallen, with proper military technique and force applied."
"Los que arriesgan , vivir de verdad || Those who risk, truly live." ~ It isn't Tolkien, but it's true.

Artorius
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Guide

Unread postby Artorius » 08 May 2017, 14:36

So while we are having a breather, you guys playing anything else good? I have a crew I see on Thursday's. One I am enjoying at the moment is 7th Sea, a swashbuckling hero kick ass kinda RPG. Imagine Pirates of the Carribean and you're almost there. Having a lot of fun with it.

I am beginning to miss the DnD session we had going but the GM said he would run another at some point.

Let me know how you are, hope all is well mates.

Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread postby Ellisidil » 08 May 2017, 14:39

I've got birthdays and family to attend to

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 10 May 2017, 10:22

Artorius wrote:So while we are having a breather, you guys playing anything else good? I have a crew I see on Thursday's. One I am enjoying at the moment is 7th Sea, a swashbuckling hero kick ass kinda RPG. Imagine Pirates of the Carribean and you're almost there. Having a lot of fun with it.

I am beginning to miss the DnD session we had going but the GM said he would run another at some point.

Let me know how you are, hope all is well mates.
I have two every other Sunday games I play in, which Gavin also plays in, and since Sarah has proven she's not a Muggle, I intend to bring her into my TOR game, soon. Gavin would answer, here but, for some reason, he never receives notifications from this thread. Anyway, the games we're playing is The One Ring -which starts up for me, again, on February 28th. Once I finish an adventure in TOR, my friend David takes over for an adventure with his GURPS: Monster Hunters game. It's been pretty fun.

Other than that, I'm romancing Sarah; we're getting married, but it's sort of an odd set of circumstances. I don't have the rings and I've not yet proposed, but it's looking like February 24th, right now... we're both odd, so we're doing things in an odd way, for once. We actually met on March 23rd, but we KNEW no later than March 24th. We don't fight, we're empathetic to one-another's needs and desires. We match politically, religiously and faith-wise, and I just loosened my sphincter this time and let her in, now she's so integrated to my life and in my heart, and her family is now my family as mine is hers, that I can't picture a time before she was in my life, nor one were she no longer there.

So, fella's, I apologize that I've been off, but there's a lot to do. You've all known that I've needed a better job for some time: it's no good being paid $30.40 per hour if I'm not getting any hours. I had one 6.5 hour class last week, and there is presently NOTHING else on my schedule for THIS MONTH. So, I'll be applying to Lockheed-Martin, Zodiac Aerospace, United Technologies and updating about a half-dozen job search web sites throughout this week and next. Also, our apartment has been too small since we moved in so, despite the absolute God-blessed nature of our present Landlord, Mike, and this apartment in an area that is far too expensive without a great job, we need to move up. I've been grateful to have this place, but we have to move up.

Sarah is a widow, her husband, Tim, died close to four years ago; as my marriage was ended by the adultery committed by my now-ex-wife, Sarah and I are free and clear, according to scripture, to marry without sinning, which is what we'll be doing once I propose. The Bible speaks of spiritual marriage, which we already have, but it also expresses obedience to the law, which requires a public marriage to be in compliance with that scripture. She's an astoundingly good insurance agent, but she has a Doctorate in Law and a Bachelor's in Psychology and an Associate's in something else I always forget. She's wicked smart, and a smart ass when the need arises. Both of her children are genius-level intellect, even though hormones have done a terrible job on them both. Mary, Sarah's oldest, is preparing to go into Law School, to follow after her Mom, but she's got a fresh 10-month-old -as of today- and is preparing to move to Spokane with her husband, if that plan holds out. Samuel, Sarah's youngest, being 19 was just inducted to the Air Force, yesterday, and begins basic, today. Being as intelligent as they are, both have their annoying sides, of course; for those of you who watch Big Bang Theory, Sam is a true-to-life Sheldon. Mary, on the other hand... I can see the genius in her eyes, just like I do with my Sons; with better financial and class-based opportunities, Sarah and I could help them all succeed madly.

I have basically adopted Mary and Sam, already, as Sarah has already adopted my boys, even though all four of our children are adults, already. Now it's a matter of making a life together, and helping to provide, where we're able, to help them in any way we can.

Okay, so that's what's going on. Sarah and I are working to mesh our lives together as much as possible, but that's taking time out of the day, when I should be writing this game for you guys. Once the meshing is done and life slows a bit for both of us, I'll get our game back up and running, I promise. Following is a pic of Sarah (middle), myself (left), and my first Grandson-to-be, Logan; Sarah is not a photogenic person, at all, but once you're face-to-face with her, the beauty in her eyes, her smile and her face come right out. And, of course, the way she looks at me...
Sarah n Paul Space Needle 8 May 17.jpg

If you guys have any questions, throw them my way and I'll answer ASAP. Otherwise, let me get a non-suck job (don't get me wrong, I love my bosses and my fellow Instructors, but they aren't going to pay my bills) and a new place to live together and we can continue on with the game. I don't have a time-frame and may pick up things before all of that is together, but don't count on it, my friends. ASAP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Gondolin might not have fallen, with proper military technique and force applied."
"Los que arriesgan , vivir de verdad || Those who risk, truly live." ~ It isn't Tolkien, but it's true.

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 06 Jun 2017, 11:50

Just a couple pieces of news, gang; Sarah and I are set to marry February 24th of 2018. Announcements and invitations will be going out, and it is our intent to have one of our great friends in this area film it so those who are unable to attend will be able to watch it, as well.

That being announced, life is not only NOT settling down, it's been accelerating like mad. Day before yesterday I finally had to tell Sarah that we needed to slow back down to what we can handle. We NEED a lot of things, now, a larger place to live, a vehicle capable of handling a family, not just her and I, because we're grandparents, now -I KNOW, quick work, right? :D :P . I am still looking in-depth for a job, and I'm expanding my search to include rubbish jobs, but though there are tens of thousands of jobs available in my local area, either they require a massive degree or are not in my normal field; so, it looks like I'm changing fields FROM aviation -in an aviation mecca-type environment- to something else, but without skill. Anyway, we're finding ourselves having to space things out so we can accomplish them; I have a list of 11 things to do that I started yesterday, and I've accomplished two; no, that list did not include making the following announcement...

I have to put the One Ring game I have been running on indefinite hiatus. I barely have time to prepare for my bi-weekly TOR game, I have NOT purchased Torg: Eternity like I was going to -apart from not being able to afford it, nor have time to play or run it, just now-, and I just don't have time for a few things I was doing when I was single, anymore. Sarah and I spoke about this at length night-before-last, but I can't see holding you guys up from being able to enjoy a game when there are other games you could be playing.

SOLUTION
One of you guys could run the game. I would be happy to play vanilla One Ring, would be happy to convert character's back to vanilla -especially since the only real difference was in numbers for stats and skills, which is easy to deal with, and I kept the vanilla TOR characters from before, anyway- or even a whole new game. I will force out time to play, but I don't have the 24+ hours I was spending on this game per week, before.

I can make whomever would be running the game a GM both here and on Roll 20, and I'll keep my so-called sticky paws off places I'm not supposed to go -I like to play and have no need whatsoever to peak, because I like to be surprised, as well-, but I don't know whether I could give whomever would take over as GM access to the visual pieces I've already purchased. I would be willing to share maps and pieces I have created and purchased, as I can download them and send them, as well, but I will tell you the investment in Roll 20 is well worth it.

I know all of you guys want to play, as do I, and it's a sacrifice to become the GM, but I would be grateful if someone would take over running the game, please?

If not, this forum will remain here, as I do not intend to burn any bridges -in fact, I'll download the most current database in a couple of minutes, and I'll back it up periodically should someone decide to take over GM'ing-, and remain hopeful I can begin a new game, or continue one or more old games, if things ever slow down.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Petecoi
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Look-out (P)

Unread postby Petecoi » 07 Jun 2017, 05:41

Hi Paul,

I am sorry but I just don't have the knowledge to run One Ring.
I don't own any of the books and as I am about to run skirmish Cthulhu at the new Chelmsford Convention, I probably won't have the time or pennies to invest.

Best wishes for your marriage and future!
I'm sure all will go well.

Pete

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 07 Jun 2017, 14:05

Thanks, Pete. I know ONE in our group who could, for sure, but I'm just not sure the willingness is there, hehe. Was ist los!

Frerin
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread postby Frerin » 07 Jun 2017, 15:52

Well... first of all, congratulations, and my best wishes to you and Sarah. You make a really nice couple, and I'm sure that together, you'll be able to handle everything life throws your way!

As for running the game - my problem is not so much a matter of willingness, but of available time.

With everything I've got going on at the moment, I'm really far away from being able to spend 24 hours a week... honestly, even 2 hours a week seems like a stretch right now, and I am loath to get people's hopes up when I have serious doubts whether I'll then actually be able to follow through with it. (And that's not even getting into things like posting quality, you've set a really high mark there.)

I'll give it some thought, if no one else wants to do it, but if I actually were to take over the game, I'd want to be sure I could do it justice, and that isn't realistically happening at least until the summer crunch involving several conventions and starting up a new face-to-face campaign (among other things) is out of the way.

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 07 Jun 2017, 23:36

Thank you, Harald. At least that's not a no. As for setting a high mark, while I appreciate the compliment, it's really not well-deserved. I love to write, and I have borrowed a LOT from the TOR books... I mean... A LOTTTT; Francesco made it easy to follow his style.

Alright, I'm calling it a night, fella's... lot's to do, tomorrow. However, let's keep this thread going, so we can hear from others; you guys are my friends, even if we've never met*, so it's not just the game we can continue to talk about. In fact, if any of you want to friend me on Facebook, look for rotorhead71. *I met one of my best friends by playing BattleTech, beginning in late-'97 when we formed our mercenary unit, and he and I did not meet in-person until July or August of 2016; so, it's possible to meet in-person and expand a friendship decades after becoming friends online.

Ellisidil
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Scout (P)

Unread postby Ellisidil » 08 Jun 2017, 10:00

With kids and starting a business this is more of needed distraction...so my answer would be a no

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 08 Jun 2017, 10:55

Fair enough, Dan. Thank you for letting me know.

Return to “The One Ring (RP - PbF)”