Wizard/Wicket ~ Act Two (A Giant Magic Needle in a...)

This is where our game will be hosted, our adventures to be played. Come, read and enjoy, play and enjoy a world, our world, fraught with action and danger, thought and resolution, to rid it of invaders who are not simply misunderstood, but bent on committing extraordinary acts of evil, sewing harm among the denizens of not only our realms, but of their own as well, and reaping the vast Possibility energy. They must be stopped, and you are one who can.
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Re: Wizard/Wicket ~ Act Two (A Giant Magic Needle in a...)

Unread postby Alexander Pepper » 15 Aug 2014, 16:27

If Nix's distraction of the armed policeman is successful, Alex will jump out from behind the car and attempt to wrestle the gun away from the officer.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 15 Aug 2014, 17:42

McKinley Nix wrote:Seeing that the inspector is out, once the car has stopped, Nix will fling his door open.

He is intending to charge toward the rear car, distract the attention would-be gunman by running over/jumping off of the hood, and go for the man's gun.
GameMaster Note Alright; that sounds great. Please generate a total, if you're comfortable doing that, or just give me a roll, the skill (or Dexterity failing possession of a skill) you intend to use, and any cards. Remember, you are out of rounds, right now, so the cards in your Hand are available, if you would like to use one or more of them?

NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Jack_Jones » 18 Aug 2014, 06:54

Seeing the inspector get out of the car. Jack jumps into the driving seat. Either by crawling through the space between the front seats. Or getting out the back and in the front.

"Matthias we need to get the others into this car. Don't forget there stuff in the boot of the other car. But if it's too dangerous then abandon it".
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama

Matthias
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Matthias » 18 Aug 2014, 07:48

Jumping out of the vehicle, Matthias runs to the second vehicle yelling, "Grab something and get to the other vehicle! Move now!"

Reaching the boot, Matthias grabs whatever he can, or is left over, and rushes back to the lead vehicle.

"Pepper, take out the tires. Eltee.. I dunno... Jump on the hood or something! Just be quick fellas."

Hoping that these two recognize the need to make the second vehicle inoperable, Matthias leaves just how to them.
Out-Of-Character ∴ My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!

My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════

Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Alexander Pepper » 18 Aug 2014, 10:28

Alex nods at Matthias as he begins taking things from the back of the car. Making sure that the rear tires are good and slashed, he grabs what he can and, if possible, takes a stab at the front right tire of the vehicle as he passes by to get to the other car.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 19 Aug 2014, 11:26

McKinley Nix wrote:Seeing that the inspector is out, once the car has stopped, Nix will fling his door open.

He is intending to charge toward the rear car, distract the attention would-be gunman by running over/jumping off of the hood, and go for the man's gun.
GameMaster Note Alright, with no roll available, which I asked for FOUR days ago, Nix is able to use the boot-hood of the rear car to bound off of as he goes for the Policeman's weapon. The Policeman hears the hood pop, from Nix' contact, and begins to turn just as Nix hits him. The firearm goes off and hits Eltee's Rocket Ranger jet pack with just enough force to turn the Ranger wearing the pack enough for him to notice, but not really damaging the pack. The Policeman hits the ground, his weapon clattering past Detective Pepper at the rear of the car.

Now, you're in a grappling situation, Nix, how do you want to handle this?

Out-Of-Character ∴ Alright, working together, you have managed to disable the rear vehicle. However, now you have an unconscious Inspector, likely lying on the side of the road, a standing Policeman facing off with Eltee, and a Policeman on the ground, conscious but presently grappled.

How do you guys want to handle this?

NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.

Eltee
Novice
Novice

Unread postby Eltee » 19 Aug 2014, 12:58

If Eltee didn't get rid of his sword, and judging by the fact no one came over by me I don't think I did, then I will draw it and wield it towrds the officer I'm "dancing" with asking him to "please surrender peacefully"

If, however, I did throw it to someone, I will simply grab the officer and engage my jet pack. (Attempting to scare or throw him off balance enough to make it easy to take him peacefully)

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 21 Aug 2014, 09:17

Eltee wrote:..."please surrender peacefully"
Out-Of-Character ∴ Seeing no immediate assistance, he puts both hands high over his head, saying something that sounds somewhat threatening, but is in French, and you don't understand it.

Having subdued the Officers and taken off in the front Police vehicle, what do you want to do next, and where do you want to go?

Guys, I want to get as far with this story as possible before the boys and I move, k? I'll let you know when I have to suspend storytelling due to the move.

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Jack_Jones » 21 Aug 2014, 13:56

Jack pulled out on to the road and put some distance between them and the other police car.

"Ok if I remember rightly we need to find this Bishop Clarence Bernard. Before his murdered. The note said that he would be at the Cathedral of Bois-Guillaume. If we're not too late perhaps we can stop this murder. If we are too late then the next meeting place was the Hotel Malar in Paris".

"Anyone know the way?" Jack added
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 22 Aug 2014, 08:03

Out-Of-Character ∴ Alright, you guys are on the road again, but are you heading into Toulon, or away from it? Also, can any of you think of any problems you might have in such a high-tech reality while driving a Police car? :twisted:

Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Jack_Jones » 22 Aug 2014, 08:44

Out-Of-Character ∴ I say we head for Toulon. Then dump the car at the earliest opportunity. They will be looking for this car and us.

Paul do we know what transport links Toulon has to Paris. Also is the cathedral in Paris?
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama

Matthias
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Matthias » 22 Aug 2014, 21:22

Jack_Jones wrote:Jack pulled out on to the road and put some distance between them and the other police car.

"Ok if I remember rightly we need to find this Bishop Clarence Bernard. Before his murdered. The note said that he would be at the Cathedral of Bois-Guillaume. If we're not too late perhaps we can stop this murder. If we are too late then the next meeting place was the Hotel Malar in Paris".

"Anyone know the way?" Jack added

Hearing the question, Matthias jacks into his deck and starts searching for the information needed.

Out-Of-Character ∴ Torg Die Roller

Roll Total = 15 Bonus = 2

Die1 : 0 x10 + 6

Die2 : 0 x10 + 9

Sorry for my delay in posting. Had a family emergency at 2:30 am a couple of days ago, and I have been worthless the past couple of days...

Out-Of-Character ∴

My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!

My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════

Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Alexander Pepper » 23 Aug 2014, 11:45

Alex sits back in his seat, watching around the car and making sure that they are not being followed. (OOC: Is there a radio in the car?)
Card Pool

Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness

Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 23 Aug 2014, 13:33

GameMaster Note
Act Two, Scene Two
Standard

Scene: High Speed Chase
The Situation: See OOC entry, below

Out-Of-Character ∴ Matthias, finding the information you're looking for takes a few minutes for each of the two places. If you're looking to dump the car quickly, you could go to the train station and ride that to Avignon, Paris, or Bois-Guillaume. You could also attempt to steal one or more cars, if you prefer, and also go in those directions... in fact, by car...

• 170km from Toulon to Avignon (2 hrs) driving
  • 840km from Toulon to Paris (7.5 hrs + stops) driving
  • 975km from Toulon to Bois-Guillaume (8.5 hrs + stops) driving

Obviously, by train, it's going to be faster. If you guys have an alternate method you would like to try out, you're welcome to, but let's get you to Toulon, first...

Yes, there's a radio, but it's an older model; I think that's what I said in an earlier post, but with all that's going on, I honestly do not remember, nor know where to look for it. Let me know what you would like to do with it, if anything, and let's see if it fits into the story...

The streets of Toulon bustle with people, milling about a sidewalk market, both sides of the street, and it's impossible to find a place to park until you are almost on the other side of the town. Small villa's ranging up to moderately sized chateau's are packed haphazardly across town, founded in 1481 when there was less care for motor carriages or even decent foot traffic.

Almost immediately on exiting the vehicle, not far from a quaint hotel, the Hotel Des Ventes de Toulon, you are able to see a television set, an old flat screen model, and your faces are on it. At roughly the same time as you see that, you also see what appears to be a gargoyle, as from the top of some ancient building, of carved stone, standing roughly ten feet high, with wings tucked behind its back whose points extend another four feet above this mountainous horror. The difference between this creature, and ones you might see from the corners of Notre Dame, is the silver and black, steel and plastic and wires, cyberware protruding from various parts of its body. It moves slowly, but deliberately, with a menace and calculated mindset such that it seems best to avoid...

Fortunately, for you, unless you linger too long, it has yet to notice you.

Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread postby Alexander Pepper » 23 Aug 2014, 14:01

(OOC: I wasn't planning on doing anything with the radio, I was simply going to point out that we forgot to disable the radio from the other car, though that doesn't seem to matter too much, given that we are already posted as wanted on the television.)

Alex takes off his overcoat and hangs it over his arm, then tips his hat and bows his head so that his face is as hidden from the gargoyle as possible. He continues on his way, hoping that the gargoyle doesn't notice him, and if it does, that he can be a distraction to allow the rest of the group to move.

(OOC:
Stealth: 12
Roll: 2d10.extra(10) → [4,8] = (12) Bonus: 0
Total: 12)
Card Pool

Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness

Return to “Eternity Shards: Torg RPG”