Wizard/Wicket ~ Act Two (A Giant Magic Needle in a...)

This is where our game will be hosted, our adventures to be played. Come, read and enjoy, play and enjoy a world, our world, fraught with action and danger, thought and resolution, to rid it of invaders who are not simply misunderstood, but bent on committing extraordinary acts of evil, sewing harm among the denizens of not only our realms, but of their own as well, and reaping the vast Possibility energy. They must be stopped, and you are one who can.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Wizard/Wicket ~ Act Two (A Giant Magic Needle in a...)

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Jul 2014, 10:54

GameMaster Note
A Wizard in the Wicket
Act Two: A Giant Magic Needle in a...
Scene One: High-Tech Inquisition

Standard
Date/Time: 21 September 2013, 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days into the Invasion
Place: Toulon, France
The Situation: From the moment you step off the old DC-10 airplane onto the Tarmac at Toulon, you feel eyes upon you; each of you feels you are being watched –perhaps you exchange nervous looks, perform actions such as walking out of your way to see if eyes and/or people continue to follow you, to prove it. As you are getting to baggage claim to pick up your things, a group of three men walk up to Matthias and whomever is closest to him and, speaking French, explains,

“Matthias Angst. You and your friends are under arrest per the rules of the Inquisition. You are in violation of the holy laws of cyberware, and of invading the righteous sanctity of the Covenant of Cyberpriests.” He smirks and continues, “You did not think you could violate the access deck of Father Cornelius without leaving a trace for us to find, did you?” Then, in English, he explains,

“You and your compatriots will now come with us.” The man to the Inquisitor’s right pulls out a pair of handcuffs as the Inquisitor himself reaches for your arm…

It's up to you guys how you decide to handle this. If you decide to talk amongst yourselves to determine a course of action, I would ask you to make sure you use the OOC tags, the links for which are provided above the editing window, toward the lower-right of the row of tags -you can click these to get both opening and closing tags, and you can highlight whatever you want to enclose and then click the button to get tags at each end. I would also ask you not to take too long in deciding, so the game can continue on, please?

GAME ON!!!
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Eltee
Novice
Novice

Re: Wizard/Wicket ~ Act Two (A Giant Magic Needle in a...)

Unread post by Eltee » 17 Jul 2014, 20:13

Out-of-Character Can we all see the hand cuffs being pulled out and the grab for Matthais's arm? My character will react based upon this...do you need a roll?
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 17 Jul 2014, 21:59

Out-of-Character If you're intending to go into combat then, yes, I would need that declaration, and then I can work actions from there. Eltee, I presume you, and the whole crew, are close to Matthias, so you do see what's going on with the hand cuffs, yes.
NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 17 Jul 2014, 22:48

Alex quickly scans as much of the airport as he can, looking for other officers that could potentially cause problems. He especially looks for officers that seem to only be waiting to aid to the three in front of us.

(OOC: If needed, here's a perception roll.
Perception: 12
Roll: 2d10.extra(10) → [2,8] = (10) Bonus: -1
Total: 11)
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 17 Jul 2014, 23:12

Paul are we actually through passport control and just about to exit the airport or are there still check points for us to go through? Just trying to understand if we make a run for it would we actually be able to
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 18 Jul 2014, 06:41

Out-of-Character Yes, you're through immigration and passport control, at baggage claim and, indeed, you can see the sliding glass front doors of Toulon airport. Since the war began, anyone traveling to Aysle realm has to use this airport, the aircraft that land here are too old to land in Paris, and traffic has slowed little into Cyberfrance from Aysle for those not affected by the Axiom set, there. So Toulon, though small, services a LOT of people from there, now.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 19 Jul 2014, 04:07

Out-of-Character Guys here's my thinking.

We're going to get arrested anyway so whats the difference for getting arrested for resisting arrest or going quietly. I would guess that these officers have been sent as part of a directive from someone involved in the murders and plot

I suggest the we just all split up and run off in different directions we all know the hotel so we'll just meet there. There are only three of them and there are four of us. They can't catch us all and we might be lucky and one of two of us might evade them. Worse comes to the worse we get caught and we end up being questioned. Which where we will heading by going quietly
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Jack's Card Hand (These are not available, except under special circumstance, until they are moved into your Pool)
Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 20 Jul 2014, 08:11

Alexander Pepper wrote:...looking for other officers...

(OOC: If needed, here's a perception roll; Total: 11)
Out-of-Character Yes, there seem to be French Police throughout the airport, but you notice what appear to be other authoritative personnel all around, some in brown robes that go to the floor and conceal their heads, some in long dark jackets, as though they were inspectors, some who simply appear to be thugs with badges. As a Detective, and most likely from a Police background yourself, you can spot a cop from a kilometer off, and this place seems to be fairly heavy with them.
Jack_Jones
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Jack_Jones » 20 Jul 2014, 09:20

Out-of-Character Ok its a fair cop....we'll come quietly..lol

Sounds like the police presence is bigger than first thought. Don't want to be on the 10 o'clock news for being shot dead at the airport :)
Character Sheet

Jack's Pool Cards

Idea/Clue
Opponent Fails
Second Chance
Drama
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 20 Jul 2014, 10:13

Out-of-Character Okay, so let me get this straight... you start to offer your wrists for cuffing, then?

Okay, whether that's true or not, I have to wait for responses from Matthias, Eltee, and Pepper before I can go on. Hopefully, all will be diligent.
Matthias
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Matthias » 22 Jul 2014, 08:28

Out-of-Character Let us just see about that. ..
Noticing the grab, and the cuffs, Matthias takes a small step back, just enough to make the officer miss his grab.
Then in French he responds, his temper starting to rise halfway through, "My good sir! What exactly is the reason for this? I broke holy law, yes? Well of course I broke holy law you simpleton! I watched as clergyman be killed in front of me! Don't you dare come at me with handcuffs to arrest me like dinner common thief! Why if it were not for myself and my colleagues here, we wouldn't have been able to track down the killer! " Giving the officer a deadly stare that held no malice, but one that said this man and *all* of the other officers had better not attempt to detain home or his friends, Matthias continues in a calmer, more authoritative voice. "Now, Why don't you lead us to His Grace so that we can get this all taken care of. Here is Father Cornelius' deck."
Matthias slowly pulls out the deck and hands it over to the speaking officer.

"We need to leave NOW! We don't have time to stand here with you looking stupid! MOVE!"

With that said, Matthias does not await the officers to move. He looks at the others, nods once, and starts to move toward the exit.
Out-of-Character Here is an intimidation roll sir:

Torg Die Roller

Roll Total = 26 Bonus = 9

Die1 : 1 x10 + 9

Die2 : 0 x10 + 7
Out-of-Character My speech colors are: #9c2c8d for speech to others and #2C9C78 when talking in my own head!
My Character Sheet

╔═══ My Current Card Pool ═══╗

╚═══════════════════

╔═══ My Current Card Hand ═══╗
Idea/Clue
Nemesis
Campaign
Hero
╚═══════════════════
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 25 Jul 2014, 10:28

Alex begins following Matthias when he begins to leave, putting his hand on his pistol in case a quick draw is needed.
Last edited by Alexander Pepper on 25 Jul 2014, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Card Pool

Card Hand (These cannot be used except in certain circumstances, until they're moved into your Pool)
Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 25 Jul 2014, 12:30

Out-of-Character Guys, I apologize. Yesterday was a busy day and, to be honest with you, I completely forgot to update this story, today, and now I'm busy trying to complete some other things I have needed to get done for a while.

I hope to update this tomorrow morning. Forgive me for not being right on with this.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Unread post by Sir Alain Fisk » 27 Jul 2014, 10:14

Out-of-Character Alright, so at first it looks like Jack intends to rabbit -no pun intended, hehe- then he appears to be resigned -thank you, Gavin, for NOT having me run a multi-character chase in different directions... that would have taken a year to accomplish, hehe-, and Detective Pepper is looking around to identify other cops, all as Matthias begins to speak...
Matthias wrote:Then in French he responds, his temper starting to rise halfway through, "Why if it were not for myself and my colleagues here, we wouldn't have been able to track down the killer! "

Matthias continues in a calmer, more authoritative voice. "Here is Father Cornelius' deck."
Matthias slowly pulls out the deck and hands it over to the speaking officer.
Out-of-Character You don't actually have his deck, just his access key; remember the oddly-shaped cross? You CAN hand that over if you like...
"We need to leave NOW! We don't have time to stand here with you looking stupid! MOVE!"

With that said, Matthias does not await the officers to move. He looks at the others, nods once, and starts to move toward the exit.
Out-of-Character Here is an intimidation roll = 26, Bonus = 9
GameMaster Note Alright, your SPI of 10 + bonus 9 = 19, vs. his SPI of 9 - 2 (bonus #) = 7; 19 - 7 = 12 result points, or a Setback result.
The guy looks flustered for a minute, especially at your bad French, but he begins to regain his composure, soon, but in a way that brings out a demeanor different from the one of control he held onto a moment earlier. Finally, after a bare moment's vacillation, he explains in French,

"Yes, sir, let us grab any bags you have, and we will be en route to his eminence momentarily." He signals for the two Inquisition officers with him to find out which bags, if any, belong to your group, and then -bags in hand- he begins toward the entrance, with a quickness. He turns and orders the larger officer to check out a police vehicle from the airport motor pool quickly and, both vehicles necessary to carry your group, the Inspector, and his officers, within moments you're all on the road toward the local Cathedral in Toulon.
Out-of-Character Again, I apologize, guys... it seems this whole year is not meant to have any peace to it, at all. My hope, for myself and my sons, is that we will celebrate Christmas in snowy Washington state, with a tree, in a place of our own, and a damn fine job on top of that, perhaps as a teacher, or in Production Control... the opportunities are there, I've seen and applied for them, but they're not there without help.

It's really hard for me to admit that I have too much on my plate, but I always drive on, as the opportunity presents itself, and will continue to do so, as long as I am able.
Alexander Pepper
Seeker
Seeker

Unread post by Alexander Pepper » 27 Jul 2014, 10:55

Alex drops his hand from his gun as it seems that the Police no longer intend to arrest the group. However, he still tries to keep his right hand free of his luggage, as well as keeping his arm in a tight swing, still keeping it close to the gun.
Card Pool

Drama
Supporter
Willpower
Alertness