A Break in the Case...

ArBes-Onna
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)

Re: A Break in the Case...

Unread postby ArBes-Onna » 23 Jun 2015, 09:40

Tithenon wrote:
Out-Of-Character ∴ When you speak aloud, all of the Men heave to with swords in your direction and, when you close the distance, one Man in particular comes out from behind Chrodegang, who is now kneeling, with Jasoric lying on the ground.
"Friend or foe?" the Bretonnian asks. "Do you serve the Reiklander Helzberg, or do you serve him?" He points back to the now-stirring body of Jasoric. One of his Men steps on the chest of Jasoric, his sword placed against the Rogue's neck, while the other two Men keep a careful watch on Chrodegang.
"Yes," I answer, "my friends and I all fight with Claudia Helzberg to finish this mission for one Christian. Are you he?" I remain cautious, closing to only a double arm's length with the Man, as the combat has somewhat taken it out of me.
I'narr en gothrim glinuva nuin I'anor
(The bones of our foes will gleam in the sun)

Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Tithenon » 26 Jun 2015, 13:53

ArBes-Onna wrote:"Yes," I answer, "my friends and I all fight with Claudia Helzberg to finish this mission for one Christian. Are you he?" I remain cautious, closing to only a double arm's length with the Man, as the combat has somewhat taken it out of me.
"Oui, I am Christian." He moves closer and extends his hand to shake. "Has she survived? Is she nearby?" With any indication that she is, he orders the three Men with him, "Bring them." Then, he proceeds to follow you, Onna.

On emerging from the 'Forest', Christian calls out,

"Mademoiselle Helzberg! I see you and your company have won the day, no?"

Out-Of-Character ∴ Alright, guys, let me know... how dead is this game?

Is there something else you would like to play? Do you want to take a break? Are you just over the game, period? Let me know, please?

Claudia
Master Thief (Third Career)

Unread postby Claudia » 26 Jun 2015, 16:05

Claudia looked up sharply not expecting to see Christian. Pulling herself to her feet she held her side which was better but still not right. Walking towards Christian she forced herself to put on a good front.

"Well if I'd known you we're coming we would have saved a few more for you" Claudia said with a smile.

"What will happen to Jasoric now ?".

Out-Of-Character ∴ Paul I sent you a PM with my detailed thoughts but I am still keen to play
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."

Moro River-Hopper
Seeker
Seeker
Journey Role: Scout (S)

Unread postby Moro River-Hopper » 26 Jun 2015, 18:14

As Eldric finishes with my arm, I say, "Thank you my friend." Looking around the 'clearing' where the battle took place. "It would seem that I've missed the fun, maybe next time I can be of more use," I chuckle a bit, silently berating myself for falling so easily. As Onna emerges from the 'forest' with these men, Grimgrund reaches for the knife tucked in his boot and clutches it close, ready for another foul encounter.

Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Tithenon » 26 Jun 2015, 18:27

Claudia wrote:Pulling herself to her feet she held her side which was better but still not right.

"What will happen to Jasoric now ?".
"You seem a bit worse for the wear, Mademoiselle," Christian comments, a small bit of true concern crossing his face. "As for what is to happen to this little spider monkey," he points back at Jasoric, now awake and standing on his own two feet, "He is yours to do with as you please. You have upheld your end of our bargain, cheri, though I would ask, if you decide to NOT kill him, that you would remove him, again to the Empire with you?

"If he returns here, we will be watching, and he will be immediately slain."

Grimgrund wrote:As Onna emerges from the 'forest' with these men, Grimgrund reaches for the knife tucked in his boot and clutches it close, ready for another foul encounter.
Out-Of-Character ∴ If anyone notices your movements, they give no indication. Concealing the newly drawn blade is pretty much automatic.

Claudia

Unread postby Claudia » 01 Jul 2015, 15:02

Claudia winced.

"Yeah I've been better, but I'll live" replied inhaling deeply.

Claudia listed and nodded at the conditions of Jasoric's future. Claudia feel silent and was deep in thought running over the options in her mind. Slowly she headed towards where Jasoric was being held. Passing Onna she failed to acknowledge him as she was so distracted.

Reaching Jasoric Claudia crouched down next to him.

"So did you have Vince killed?" Claudia asked

"What's the deal with this orb? What does it do? Who wants it?" Claudia added pulling the orb from the folds of her coat and holding it up in front of his face.
"We’re not so different you and I. OK, so I'm young, good looking and intelligent, but apart from that we're virtually the same."

Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Tithenon » 01 Jul 2017, 23:13

Out-Of-Character ∴ Gentlemen,

It is two years, today, since I put on hiatus our Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play game. As much as I hate giving up on any RPG, I've had to do it many times in the past. Mostly, this has been due to work schedules, real-life events beyond our individual or group control, and it's sad it has to come to this, but here it is. I have had to put on hold, indefinitely, our game of The One Ring for many of the very same reasons. On top of these things, with the advent of both The One Ring (original, but difficult, system) and Adventures in Middle Earth (the D&D version of The One Ring, made by the same company, Cubicle 7), and with the forthcoming revival of, perhaps, my favorite RPG of all time, Torg: Eternity, I have chosen to suspend this game altogether. I will keep the forum up for the sake of posterity, or until I can find the time, energy and drive to write the novels our game has brought forth in all of the work all of us put into this, together, but I don't think I'll ever have time, again, to continue this game.

Cubicle 7 Entertainment has just received permission to build a 4th Edition of WFRP, and they've already said their intent is to make something satisfying, between 1st and 2nd editions. I intend to collect that, though I doubt even with that -even with original Warhammer FRP writers taking point on its development- that I will continue to run this game. Never say never, but the likelihood I would continue it is pretty dog gone small.

For those who wanted to keep this game running, I'm sorry if you're disappointed. This game had a great long run, and had I the time I would work to finish it, but there's nothing doing about that, now.

Let us all hear any farewell messages you may have, whether from yourself and/or your character to your fellow players and/or player characters, please? Hopefully, that won't take too long. Otherwise, take care and happy gaming, my friends.

Return to “The THIRD Campaign: ...to Goe Orthrond”