Grey Mountain Foothills - Old Party

Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 26 Feb 2005, 11:23

Shwingles wrote:Sigurd scratches his beard, eyeing Damian Masters.

"And just how, my good sir, do you suggest that we bring the count to you? Up and kidnap 'em, eh? Riskin' my neck for human interests..."
"No, good Dwarf, simply ask him to come here. If he wants his daughter, IF the Empire is as important to him as I believe it is, then he will come. It is as simple as that."
Sigurd grins at Herr Masters.

"Seems like gettin' all these big worries off yer back oughta be worth somethin' to ya."
"Ahh, my friend, you should have been one of us when all of this began." He and some of his Lieutenants laugh, and Jenna smiles.
GameMaster coming through, look out!
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
What is a PbF Game, and How Do I Post in it?
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Character Concepts and Ideas

Unread post by Guest » 27 Feb 2005, 11:37

Sigurd looks around the table at the other members of the party.

"Sounds fishy to me. Waddaya think friends?"
Smarty
Mercenary (Second Career)
Mercenary (Second Career)

Unread post by Smarty » 28 Feb 2005, 14:36

After listening to Sigurd and the Leaders' accounts of what is supposed to transpire Smarty gets a scowl on his face. "Le' me see if I get ya poin'," Smarty says in a almost polite voice, "ye wan' us t' go back to the Count an' ask him to come here so'sn tha' ye can ask him for her hand in marriage? We could be imprisoned or worse fer tha' ye know?" "Le' me n' me friends 'ere discuss this a bit further."
"If at first it don't fit, get a bigger hammer, if it still doesn't fit get the explosives," Smarty's favorite saying

Unread post by Guest » 28 Feb 2005, 14:42

"And by telling the good Count of your intentions how are we to know that he will not run us through thinking we have an ulterior motive to move him away from the safety of his troops? Will he be allowed to br accompanied by his personal guards to this meeting?" Hurtis looks straight into the eyes of the daughter of the count and asks earnestly, "Fair lady, do you knowing your Father better than anyone, really think he will agree to come here for this meeting? After being beside himself since your apparent kidnapping?" And my good host, with what you have done, do you think the count will realize that it was all done for love?" Do you think that with all the sleepless nights he has endured since her dissapearance will be put behind him? I need not remind you that there are matters of state that may have no bearing upon your love or intent. This shall indeed be a task upon which we need to cross our collective fingers that we all do not end up on the blade."
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 28 Feb 2005, 15:29

Hurtis wrote:"And by telling the good Count of your intentions how are we to know that he will not run us through thinking we have an ulterior motive to move him away from the safety of his troops? Will he be allowed to br accompanied by his personal guards to this meeting?" Hurtis looks straight into the eyes of the daughter of the count and asks earnestly, "Fair lady, do you knowing your Father better than anyone, really think he will agree to come here for this meeting? After being beside himself since your apparent kidnapping?" And my good host, with what you have done, do you think the count will realize that it was all done for love?" Do you think that with all the sleepless nights he has endured since her dissapearance will be put behind him? I need not remind you that there are matters of state that may have no bearing upon your love or intent. This shall indeed be a task upon which we need to cross our collective fingers that we all do not end up on the blade."
Having heard the last of the statements, for now, a large grin crosses Damian Masters' face, and he begins to answer the collective questions,

"I do not believe, if the Count truly wishes his daughter back safe and sound, and keep in mind he knows nothing of my intentions, yet, that he will come without question or fail.

"I do not ask him to give up the safety of his troops, but that he does realize my troops have already bested his several times in individual competitions and have, constantly, bested the soldiers of the Nuln Guard on multiple occasions when they have come to hunt us. Indeed, I ask that he brings the Wolverine Knights contingent as well as those he can spare for the safety of the caravan camp, with him.

Jenna looks a little worried for a second, when Hurtis asks his questions about the counts worry, but only until Damian takes her hand in his and stares into her eyes, answering,

"We do not care how the Count feels in this, master warrior, for his feelings would pass as soon as he hears my offer. Bring the Count here, so he may hear what Jenna and I must say to him, please?

"I will send twenty of my men with you. They will not be my best, and they will not be visible to the Count's entourage. You will know where they are so you can keep your eyes on the business at hand and not wonder where they are. If anything untoward should happen to you, my men will jump in and give you the assistance they can. Against one-hundred-seventy-five men, twenty-five of which are in hardened plate armor, they will be instructed to do what they can and then get out with their own lives should the situation become untenable.

"One good way in which you could ensure the survival of most of you, would be to have one person go alone. Less for my men to have to salvage should the need arise, and less for you all to worry about." Herr Masters' shrugs at his proposal, not being something he would do, and he makes it obvious he would not.

"Should you decide to not take on this task, several things will happen, of which I will start the most immediate with you:

"You will have a choice to remain here, go free, or go free back to the caravan. You are not my prisoners, but my guests. However, if you bring anyone back here for any reason other than your very survival, I will personally carve you into pieces and feed you to my Alligators.

"If you return to the caravan, you will be going empty-handed of Jenna, and the same will apply should you decide to bring anyone back here. The Empire and Bretonnia will go to war, Chaos will begin to win over this entire region of the forest and, eventually, my people and I will do one of two things:

"We will fight to the last man, woman, and child, and die; or, worse, we will become the minions of whatever evil comes through here."

Herr Masters countenance changes rather quickly, from a look of amusement at your arguments and the witty banter taking place, to one of urgency and care for those around him, worry about the soon-to-be future.

"You see, my friends, I understand the import of what is taking place in our lands far greater than, perhaps you ascribe to know, or even want to know." His eyes avert uncomfortably because this is an obvious aspect of his life he has absolutely no control over. "Jenna has agreed, even with me, that it is absolutely necessary for her to marry the Dauphin. He has a love for her beauty, if not for her soul, and will not think of any other way to make treaty with the Empire against the forces of Chaos which are slowly creeping into our disjointed and non-unified lives and lands to take what they want by force and violence.

"So, you see, it is of far greater import that you consider yourselves expendable and ready to be put to the sword for the safety and love of all that you hold dear.

"What say you, friends? Daylight is slowly waning."
• Dice Rollers: Wizards of the CoastInvisible Castle; use either of these to make, copy and paste dice rolls into your posts.
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
How Do I Read My Character Record (Character Development, Your Stuff..., and Game Mechanics)
Athaeis
Scout (Second Career)
Scout (Second Career)

Unread post by Athaeis » 28 Feb 2005, 15:33

"So," Athaeis begins, curiosity mixed with a minor amount of suspicion and disbelief, "your feelings are for the Empire and her safety? You would have us believe a rake like you will give up that which he desires most in order to save anyone other than his own hide? Why, on this earth, should I believe you? Uncle Lliadron warned me about humans, especially the males; he said you all have the potential to be liars and exhibitionists, that you put on airs for the sake of someone else's feelings to make them comfortable for when you intend to stab them in the back.

"Why should I believe you?"
"Be careful what you wish for."

If you want something done right, make sure you send an Elf. Otherwise, expect it to go wrong, especially where Dwarves are involved.

Athaeis' Warhammer Character Sheet :lol: Athaeis' Journal :lol: Wind of Freedom

Cruor Draig

Unread post by Cruor Draig » 28 Feb 2005, 21:31

the_wolf@wolvesau.net wrote:

The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "Govannas Uin Draug - Fellowship of the Wolf". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address:

the_wolf@wolvesau.net

Include this full email (particularly the headers).

Message sent to you follows:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, I try to be as lenient as I possibly can when dealing with this on-line game, but even this one has to move forward, eventually. I have an impossible time, with what I know of various folks schedules and active lives, believing that it is impossible to post on this story, to check these forums at least once a day, and post in order to let people know you're still breathing. Ridiculous.

If you don't want to post to the game, and I don't like to call out names, but you KNOW who you are, then tell me you want out and I'll get all new players to finish what you can't start.

Good day

Tithenon

I know time after time that I have been asked to post, and honestly this is the first time I've had to sit down and do this. Games etc have been pushed to the back seat for me and real life has taken a huge precedence. I don't want to quit posting and playing, but I have enough people riding me about more important things. I will gracefully bow out and thank you for the chance to play, I had fun while it lasted. The reasons are way to numerous to list here, but believe me my inability to post has nothing to do with being lazy or not wanting to... quite the contrary. I know you're frustrated with all that has happened with the game and site but please don't send me emails like this. I like to think we're friends, but this puts a definite strain on it. I apologize again for not posting etc, but I truly have been busy. What I get from this email is that I have not been an asset to the group, and if that’s how everyone feels, that’s fine. But I can remember a time when I was the only one posting and checking daily, several times in fact. I have a thousand angry things I can say, but to close I'll just be an adult and say good luck and good gaming.

Nick

(I lay Selene & Cruor to rest, in this world they tried their best. The world closes their eyes as we say our goodbyes. A journey closed before the end, farewell to all we shall game again.)
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 28 Feb 2005, 22:13

(OOC: I don't know whether you're going to come back and catch this post or not, Nick, but I feel I have to clarify a few things. Number one, this email went out to all members of this board. It is NOT a personal attack, but those who received this email know what they have and have not done. When this game was started I told each and every person individually what the expectations were, and everyone agreed. Times change, people get busy with life, lose their jobs and have to move on to new work, get married or in some sort of relationship that takes all of their time. I also explained to everyone at the beginning that if you couldn't stay with the game, to please respect me, and your fellow players, enough to tell us so, and bow out. Anyone who has had to bow out of the game due to any number of various reasons, have had that respect, thus far.

Number two, although I have the absolute right to be perfectly 100% angry, I'm not, not in the least. I consider everyone here my friends, some, such as yourself, whom I'm closer to than others.

Three, I called no one lazy at all. I don't believe there's any person who plays this who is lazy in the least, and I DO understand time constraints, at least as well as anyone here, and I would be willing to bet a whole lot better. I wasn't trying to ride anyone, but I now need you to understand a couple of things...

Niagol(Tony, my friend who helped me build this site) put a LOT of work into this site, but nowhere near as much as I did; nearly two-hundred man-hours worth thus far. Tony has helped me to clean things up a lot, but I've done the Lion's share of the programming, the work, the installation of what needed to be installed, etc.

Perhaps my perception is skewed, my friends, but I feel if I have put this much work into making something I hope will be enjoyable for my friends, and I take the constant time every night, usually no matter how busy I am, to write and design, I feel those who partake in it should, too. If I'm wrong, please tell me? Now, I've been extremely extremely patient to this point -would you expect a Cheeseburger from Mickey D's to take longer than three minutes to make? Neither would I, but I have been a whole lot more patient than I've had to be- but it makes no sense to continue if I can't get respect enough for what I've put together, here, from others to keep this game going, or to put new players in place of those who have chosen to bow out.

Finally, please allow me to explain this... I love my friends, all of my friends, and I would love to continue to share this time with everyone. I am far from angry, though I feel I have a right to be, and I have directed nothing at anyone specific that anyone else needs to know about. Now, I'm sure that I have a few people angry at me by this point, but I ask all of you to consider why you're angry with me for posting the email that I did? If you're angry, is it because you know where some of your time should go and haven't placed it where it belongs for whatever reason(s)? Is it because you(and this is a nebulous YOU, not specific to any person) have failed to shoot me an email about your condition and your inability to post, so I wouldn't send something out like this without a good reason? Please, consider why you're angry? Are you offended with me, or offended with yourself?

I'm sorry, folks, I've gone too far. I've gone beyond the GM and into the philosopher, and now I am getting angry, so it's time to stop this. There was some very positive posting that went on today, and each new post from each person advances the story significantly, even if you think it's only a very small thing. The story is slow, but there is much to do and be done. You are better than 1/3rd the way through the first quest of the campaign(3 parts), and that is significant. When the posting fails, even if it's once a week per person(I would like it to be a lot faster than that, for the record), then I have failed to properly prepare and run the game, and that makes me feel rotten, like I'm not doing enough for the players who truly wish to play the game.

Finally, Nick, you HAVE contributed to this game in massive ways in the past, and I DO understand you are very busy. My feeling is that you are probably working two jobs to float, have a girlfriend, and you're busy trying to take care of a lot of things in your new place. However, I wonder if you have once a week, fifteen minutes to an hour of your life, to read and post? There are 168 Hours in a week, and after all is said and done, most people have roughly ten Hours a week to do nothing in, or something to have fun with. If any of you don't, then please let me know? If the game doesn't interest you anymore, please let me know? If you don't feel like playing anymore, please let me know?

Here I went again.)
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules

Unread post by Guest » 01 Mar 2005, 02:27

Due to the email that I got today I will respectfully be bowing out of Warhammer. Goodbye my friends, I am sorry I did not post enough, but when I get personal emails accusing me of things that just aren't true, well it's time to move on. I appreciate all of the work done on this site, it is truly amazing, but for me the fun is gone..I bid you all a fond farewell.

PS so sorry about posting as a guest, I know thats treason..
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 01 Mar 2005, 02:43

(OOC: Know what, give it a rest. It was nearly two weeks from the last time you posted, and... ahh, hell, it ain't worth it.

EDIT: I'll let everyone who gives a damn enough to know whether I intend to continue running this campaign or not. I've already been told it doesn't matter whether it runs or not by one of my players, two bowed out for personal and family reasons two weeks ago, and two more bowed out today. What's the use? What's the point? The people I did this game for the most are the ones who give a damn about it the least, so what's the point?)
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules

Unread post by Guest » 01 Mar 2005, 06:30

(OOC: I'm sorry to see that the game is heading this way. To coin an old cliche, can't we all just get along? I've been having fun with the game for the short time I've been here and don't want to see it end so bitterly. I'll be waiting to see what happens, but I am sorry to see that people chose to bow out with such disgust over a simple e-mail.)
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 01 Mar 2005, 10:09

(OOC: Rob, this has actually been an uphill climb for me. I don't want you to blame or be put out with anyone other than me, because it's my failure to produce an interesting enough game that these individuals will WANT, almost need, to come back time and again to post.

To make a long story short, I have a LOT of things on my own plate right now which may preclude my ability to run this game as effectively as I like, anyway. The simple fact of the matter is that this may be a good thing for me, in the long run. Don't get me wrong, however, I love running this game, and I love writing new sections of this story to attempt to keep people intrigued, and I am more than willing to keep it up, despite how rotten life is right now, because of my friends. However, now even that may be impossible due to a lack of basic common respect and a few minutes out of various people's lives to post or email and say they wouldn't be able to continue.

Unfortunately, and this makes it the worst, they are people closest to me. Perhaps that makes them feel as though I should be reading their minds and schedules, although I have absolutely no skill in mind reading. So, I send out an email to try and bring people back to the table, a simple email as you said, and this sort of thing is what happens. Rob, it happens all the time to all manner of people, and it's the only way progress is made.

I WAS trying to make this short, but my soap box is hard to get onto anymore, so I thought I would make a real go of it, hehe. I MAY continue this game; with a short hiatus and recruiting new players and seeing who else is interested in remaining with the game who are already in it, the game MAY roll on. Stay tuned, k?)
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Tithenon
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread post by Tithenon » 02 Mar 2005, 19:46

(OOC: I will be continuing this game, although it will go on hiatus for the time being. I am not going to kill this because of a few party poopers. Instead, I'm going to recruit new players to continue on After the Grey Mountain Foothills would have been concluded. Now, do I make everyone first or second career? That is the question. I will let all players who wish to continue with this game know when the next portion of the game continues. The first post will be a massive update for the new players, a little history where they can start off.

(DATED: 11/16/05 - Alright, there is a new group of players continuing the game, and although the topic entitled Highwaymen, for the new crew, is sort of what happened at the beginning of THIS thread, and continuing in the thread immediately after Highwaymen, which I haven't begun, yet, you can follow along with the new group by going here... viewtopic.php?t=92 . GAME ON!!!)
Our House Rules
2nd Ed Magic Rules
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: Grey Mountain Foothills - Old Party

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 21 Jun 2016, 20:23

GameMaster Note Story chapter archived 21 June 2016
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Melee APs: 4
Stealth APs: 4

Re: Grey Mountain Foothills - Old Party

Unread post by Fieranor of Imladris » 21 Jun 2016, 20:33

GameMaster Note Story chapter archived 21 June 2016. This was designed to take place at the same time as Topic 90, A Strong Wind in Nuln, leading to The Second Campaign: The Grey Mountains to Quenelles, with the new party.