Adventures in Middle Earth

Pretty much anything goes, here, but please try to keep it clean? Thanks.
Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Journey Role: LoreMaster

Adventures in Middle Earth

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 27 Jul 2016, 10:17

Good morning. So, Cubicle 7 has decided to capitalize on their strong game system of The One Ring, by converting much of what I've seen in our books, which is amazing information, into a game that will take advantage of the Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition Open Gaming License, called Adventures in Middle Earth. The first book they intend to put out, this coming Autumn, will be the Player's Guide. The cover, which is also the link to the article on the Cubicle 7 Web Site, you can see, below...

1983, some time during the school year, was the last time I played Dungeons & Dragons. I have come to understand that 5th Edition is supposed to be very good, well-written, well-designed, etc. I stopped playing D&D because one of our players did something traumatic and very serious to himself and, while I realize the game is not what caused this individual to do what they did, I am still not too keen to play this game. Money is also a major factor, of course, but unless there's great desire to play the Dungeons & Dragons version of the game, I will likely stick to The One Ring.
"Gondolin might not have fallen, with proper military technique and force applied."
"Los que arriesgan , vivir de verdad || Those who risk, truly live." ~ It isn't Tolkien, but it's true.

Strider159+
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Re: Adventures in Middle Earth

Unread postby Strider159+ » 27 Jul 2016, 12:07

I for one will be only too happy to stick with the One Ring
RB

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 27 Jul 2016, 12:18

I remain, however, curious, hehe.
"Gondolin might not have fallen, with proper military technique and force applied."
"Los que arriesgan , vivir de verdad || Those who risk, truly live." ~ It isn't Tolkien, but it's true.

Strider159+
Apprentice
Apprentice
Journey Role: Hunter (P)

Unread postby Strider159+ » 27 Jul 2016, 12:24

Ah curiosity, the reason I have such a ridiculously large number of PDFs and hard copy gaming systems, etc. I haven't yet played or run 5E

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 27 Jul 2016, 14:47

I have to admit, that cover is beautiful, and it makes me wonder at the contents, especially since the announcement on the Cubicle 7 web site says it will have all of the elements contained within The One Ring, which make it a Middle Earth 'feeling' game. I have actually done a conversion, at least most of it, over to Warhammer Fantasy Role-Play 2nd Edition, though I had to do something other than careers. I've also built something of a D6-based system, but it brought out some confusion. So, of course, learning 5th Edition based Middle Earth game would be a bit more natural for me, I think.

Return to “Public Discussion”