Forum and Topic Subscriptions

Pretty much anything goes, here, but please try to keep it clean? Thanks.
Sir Alain Fisk
Founding Member
Founding Member

Forum and Topic Subscriptions

Unread postby Sir Alain Fisk » 14 Aug 2013, 09:07

Okay, the email was useless, so here it is, instead, where I know it will work...

Good morning, again,

Alright, I’ve been trying to work out how best to get those of you who do not receive notifications, normally, to be able to do so. I’ve found out there are three kinds of notifications that go out…

1) When you start a topic, you are automagically subscribed and SHOULD receive all notifications from THAT topic;

2) In your settings, you have the ability to turn off topic notification receipts. By default, these are turned on so, if you’ve not modified anything concerning topic notifications in your profile –you would, obviously, know it if you did–, then you should receive notifications to any forum you respond in;

3) You can subscribe to a forum and/or topics within the forum. I have not found a way to subscribe to whole categories, as yet, so you have to do it from forum level or deeper. If you’re either not receiving notification from topics you begin, or topics you respond in, then you should try this method, please? I am assured this method sends out appropriate email; you may receive more notifications, depending on the number of topics responded to, and also because I believe this sends out an email for each and every response, but you SHOULD, at least, receive notifications.

This email deals with showing you how to do that. From the forum level, as with the following image of our forum, look toward the bottom left of the following, where it says ‘Unsubscribe Forum’. As this was taken from my account, and I automatically subscribe to all new non-character forums and topics, yours will actually say ‘Subscribe Forum’ if you’ve not already subscribed to it. Click that and you’ll be subscribed to the forum.

Subscribe Forum.jpg

From the topic level, as with the following image of our present game, look under the ‘New Topic’ and ‘Post Reply’ buttons to see ‘Unsubscribe Topic’, where yours will, likely, say, ‘Subscribe Topic’. Click that and you’ll be subscribed to the topic.

Subscribe Topic.jpg

If you would like further assistance with this, please let me know and I’ll help all I can?

~Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NOTE: Use the following for your rolls on invisiblecastle.com/roller; Number of Rolls: 1, Dice: 2d10.extra(10), then copy the line of text inside the box on the results page, not any of the links. Next, find your bonus number from the Bonus Number chart on your character sheet, then add that bonus to the appropriate skill or attribute value -do NOT add the dice roll itself-, along with any other modifiers from abilities or technology to generate your total.

Fieranor of Imladris
LoreMaster
LoreMaster
Journey Role: LoreMaster

Re: Forum and Topic Subscriptions

Unread postby Fieranor of Imladris » 21 Jun 2016, 23:53

phpBB forums have ALWAYS had a problem with getting email out and, unfortunately, there are now a LOT of black-list sites that are over-active when it comes to forums. The ONLY thing that can be done is for players to check the forums daily while their game is active; until the emailing public and the folks at phpBB figure out how to get mail from forums out to their subscribers faithfully, which likely will require all of these black-list sites to lighten up the requirements for a proper email to go through their server -which is bloody unlikely to happen-, we're stuck with what we have.
"Gondolin might not have fallen, with proper military technique and force applied."
"Los que arriesgan , vivir de verdad || Those who risk, truly live." ~ It isn't Tolkien, but it's true.

Return to “Public Discussion”